North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JDL schedule is out - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

JDL schedule is out

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JDL schedule is out - Page 2 Empty Re: JDL schedule is out

Post by AtThePitch 29/08/16, 09:44 pm

No my kid is not Kicks. Like I said she is JDL. The kicks kids currently are not....

That should change. More competition is a good thing. Unless some are afraid of it. I say bring it.

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/16, 10:05 pm

BigErn wrote:

C'mon now.  Surely you don't think any of the Big 4 are afraid that Kicks or any other club on the outside are going to draw their top players and start taking their teams ... The argument is both silly and mundane at this point.

It's not about independents taking teams or players from big clubs. It's about independents having a pathway to top college coaches without dependence on big clubs or closed leagues. If Kicks show it is possible to get a whole roster committed without aligning with a big club, and put kids into YNT pools along the way, the bigs have to put structural barriers in place to diminish the likelihood of anymore kicks type clubs ever get beyond seedling stage. The threat goes to the core of the business model.

I think Kicks should quit straddling the fence. Either merge (completely) with a big club because you think you cant survive this latest round of protectionist gerrymandering, or stick to your principles and be what your mission statement started out to be. One foot in and the other out seems like settling for being lukewarm, and trying to have the cake and eat it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/08/16, 10:22 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
BigErn wrote:

C'mon now.  Surely you don't think any of the Big 4 are afraid that Kicks or any other club on the outside are going to draw their top players and start taking their teams ... The argument is both silly and mundane at this point.

It's not about independents taking teams or players from big clubs. It's about independents having a pathway to top college coaches without dependence on big clubs or closed leagues.  If Kicks show it is possible to get a whole roster committed without aligning with a big club, and put kids into YNT pools along the way, the bigs have to put structural barriers in place to diminish the likelihood of anymore kicks type clubs ever get beyond seedling stage. The threat goes to the core of the business model.

I think Kicks should quit straddling the fence. Either merge (completely) with a big club because you think you cant survive this latest round of protectionist gerrymandering, or stick to your principles and be what your mission statement started out to be.  One foot in and the other out seems like settling for being lukewarm, and trying to have the cake and eat it too.

cheers

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/08/16, 10:28 pm

BigErn wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:JDL is sanctioned by US Club soccer.

All teams that were set to play in JDL were to wear the green and we're registered with US Club as Dfeeters...

Done here... waste of time... those of you that don't care to be tested by a larger body of good players in what is suppose to be a developmental league, that requires good players to pull off what they preach, will always have an excuse for why something is done...

Stinks if you ask me...

If that's the case, then agreed Sir.  Guessing you're a part of that Kicks group since you mentioned "we're"?

And I thought I knew my 04 age group so didn't think that Kicks had any U13/04 sides strong enough to test other teams at the D1 level, let alone JDL.  

Must be a phantom team out there that nobody knows about yet ... 04Rankings?

Why are you trying to push your JDL narrative only to 04 when it extends to other current (and future) age groups?

While Kicks does lack the 04 presence, they have it in 05 and other age groups - which are impacted this year, and subsequently, by JDL.

If your argument has merit, it should extend to all age groups. Trying to hide behind the 04 structure isn't convincing anyone.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/08/16, 10:28 pm

BigErn wrote:

All teams that were set to play in JDL were to wear the green and we're registered with US Club as Dfeeters...

Done here... waste of time... those of you that don't care to be tested by a larger body of good players in what is suppose to be a developmental league, that requires good players to pull off what they preach, will always have an excuse for why something is done...

Stinks if you ask me...

If that's the case, then agreed Sir.  Guessing you're a part of that Kicks group since you mentioned "we're"?

And I thought I knew my 04 age group so didn't think that Kicks had any U13/04 sides strong enough to test other teams at the D1 level, let alone JDL.  

Why are you trying to push your JDL narrative only to 04 when it extends to other current (and future) age groups?

While Kicks does lack the 04 presence, they have it in 05 and other age groups - which are impacted this year, and subsequently, by JDL.

If your argument has merit, it should extend to all age groups. Trying to hide behind the 04 structure isn't convincing anyone.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/08/16, 10:40 pm

Silliness,

I'm sure you're aware, but if not, this is the 04 forum. I think they offer one for the 05s as well.

As I've mentioned multiple times today, I believe JDL should be for the U13 group only as that is where the benefit is greatest for both kid and club.

Merit? Isn't the real underlying argument here Big 5 vs small club, rather than JDL vs no JDL? Is there really any dispute to my contention that the majority of talent will all end up at the Big 5, sooner rather than later? Why are we still talking about this?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 29/08/16, 11:01 pm

BigErn wrote:

Stinks if you ask me...

Yes coming in at #44 this week, down 16 spots from last weeks rankings.
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 30/08/16, 07:49 am

BigErn wrote:Silliness,

I'm sure you're aware, but if not, this is the 04 forum.  I think they offer one for the 05s as well.  

As I've mentioned multiple times today, I believe JDL should be for the U13 group only as that is where the benefit is greatest for both kid and club.

Merit?  Isn't the real underlying argument here Big 5 vs small club, rather than JDL vs no JDL?  Is there really any dispute to my contention that the majority of talent will all end up at the Big 5, sooner rather than later?  Why are we still talking about this?

Thanks for clarifying the board rules BigE, we can now put everyone on notice - every topic and reply in 04 must only be about 04.  

Want to discuss other teams, clubs, or coaches?  Keep it only to 04 - don't reference another age group.  Don't tell us what happened with your "other kid" - they aren't an 04.  Want to discuss LH, communication, qualifying?  Don't bring it up here unless you specifically experienced it as part of an 04 team.  Coach talk?  Not unless while they were coaching an 04 team.  

As for my comment that my daughter is JDL - good for her - but I only noted it to refute your obviously ridiculous comment implying that only non-JDL parents would speak out against JDL.

"I'd bet that every post against this ideal in both of these threads today is likely coming from those of you that have DDs playing outside of JDL."

As for JDL - my guess is that we could probably find a lot of common ground in your JDL world - JDL as preparation for ECNL (though Jr-ECNL tournaments are available for that preparation).

Unfortunately, your vision is not reality.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2