North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL swings back at DA

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 9 Empty Re: ECNL swings back at DA

Post by timmyh 20/12/16, 10:24 am

jogobonito06 wrote:
Zizou wrote:IMG produces a lot of scholarship money for players attending school. Also, the national team and other teams do a lot of training at their facilities.

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2016/02/03/signing-day-img-academy/

Not to get all negative about a bunch of girls chasing their dreams (and apparently succeeding), but the IMG list of schools and commitments isn't as impressive as I expected. Frankly, it pales in comparison to what most any other major soccer club in Texas produces.
Now the IMG pointy football list? That's incredibly impressive.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/12/16, 10:34 am

timmyh wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Zizou wrote:IMG produces a lot of scholarship money for players attending school. Also, the national team and other teams do a lot of training at their facilities.

Not to get all negative about a bunch of girls chasing their dreams (and apparently succeeding), but the IMG list of schools and commitments isn't as impressive as I expected.  Frankly, it pales in comparison to what most any other major soccer club in Texas produces.
Now the IMG pointy football list?  That's incredibly impressive.
I agree that the football list has its merits. However if a program that has a monetary commitment that high, should propel Florida higher in its 4 and 5 star blue chip players. Over the past 5 years they have achieved a staggering total of 5 more over the next state, Texas. I know TX, CA and FL have always been the three states to send the most players to D1 schools in football. Curious what are the states that do the same in women's soccer.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 20/12/16, 12:00 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
timmyh wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:

Not to get all negative about a bunch of girls chasing their dreams (and apparently succeeding), but the IMG list of schools and commitments isn't as impressive as I expected.  Frankly, it pales in comparison to what most any other major soccer club in Texas produces.
I agree that the football list has its merits. However if a program that has a monetary commitment that high, should propel Florida higher in its 4 and 5 star blue chip players. Over the past 5 years they have achieved a staggering total of 5 more over the next state, Texas. I know TX, CA and FL have always been the three states to send the most players to D1 schools in football. Curious what are the states that do the same in women's soccer.

Based on National Team history I'd say CA, NJ, FL, NY, GA

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/12/16, 01:42 pm

db10 wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
timmyh wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:

Based on National Team history I'd say CA, NJ, FL, NY, GA
This is true. However most players first WUSNT cap comes after they have played in college. So you could say that they are coming from the institution ranks as much as they are coming from a home town or state. What I want to know is which states send the most womens players to DI schools.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/12/16, 03:46 pm

After doing a little web searching, I found this thread on the BIGSOCCER Forum. It is titled, "Where Do The Players Come From".  The list was compiled in 2013, and listed the number of players on the top 125 D1 women's soccer teams rosters by state.
#1...you guessed it, California with 559. Texas was a distant second with 251. New Jersey came in third with 165.
Interesting thread for what it's worth. I think the poster who compiled all the numbers was that forums version of our bw. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 20/12/16, 10:03 pm

Cleansheets wrote:After doing a little web searching, I found this thread on the BIGSOCCER Forum. It is titled, "Where Do The Players Come From".  The list was compiled in 2013, and listed the number of players on the top 125 D1 women's soccer teams rosters by state.
#1...you guessed it, California with 559. Texas was a distant second with 251. New Jersey came in third with 165.
Interesting thread for what it's worth. I think the poster who compiled all the numbers was that forums version of our bw. Laughing

Assuming many kids stay in state the first two make sense given the number of D1 programs in each state.

Playing around a bit using my simple math skills....

In 2013 CA had a female population of about 19m, TX was 13m, and NJ was 4.5m. Out of those Texas had the highest under 18 percentage with CA second and NJ third. So if you do the math NJ sent the most "per capita", followed by CA then Texas. Texas ended up sending almost half the number of girls "per capita" than NJ. Also interesting is that NJ only has 2 ECNL clubs (I assume they were both members in 2013)

Of course the true measure is to look at the programs themselves. I believe you'll find in order, in state students, neighboring state students, out of state just like the typical student populations. Here are some of the out of state student totals...

UNC - 3 TX, 1 NJ, 1 CA, 2 MI, 2 FL
WVA - 3 TX, 1 CA, 2 NY, 4 PA and 7 Canadians!
Stanford - mostly CA, others from all around, No TX, 1 NJ and a few from WA.
UF - 4 GA, 1 TX, 2 OK, 3 OH
A&M - 4 CA, mostly TX kids.
OU - 6 AZ, 5 TX, 2 CA
Georgetown - 7 NJ, 3 CA, 2 NY, 2 MI

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/12/16, 10:26 pm

Your simple math skills huh...You need to go watch Judge Wapner now Raymond? Ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/12/16, 10:29 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Your simple math skills huh...You need to go watch Judge Wapner now Raymond?  Ha!
It is just division!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 21/12/16, 10:24 am

Come to think of it I am a very good driver

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 21/12/16, 10:27 am

db10 wrote:Come to think of it I am a very good driver
Vegas!!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 03/01/17, 12:40 pm

Here is the final GDA list for next year:
http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-club-directory

This list is a veritable "who's who" of girl soccer clubs and leaves little doubt that the DA is going to be the elite league for girls.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/01/17, 02:17 pm

Two league weekend travels and the rest of the games here in Dallas. That is awesome!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 03/01/17, 02:21 pm

Zizou wrote:Two league weekend travels and the rest of the games here in Dallas. That is awesome!

Three, right?
Double game weekends in Houston, KC, and Denver?

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/01/17, 02:31 pm

I'm happy to see GDA was able to overcome Tulsa opting out.

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 03/01/17, 02:36 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:I'm happy to see GDA was able to overcome Tulsa opting out.

It's hard to figure out what TSC, Lonestar, Challenge, and Albion are thinking. Given the look of the land, they may have signed their competitive death warrants by choosing the temporarily higher profits, lower standards, and less accountability of ECNL and foregoing their DA invites.

Maybe they look like geniuses in 2019, but at this point I'd be very surprised if ECNL is much more than a shadow of its former self in a couple of years.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 03/01/17, 03:49 pm

timmyh wrote:Here is the final GDA list for next year:
http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-club-directory

This list is a veritable "who's who" of girl soccer clubs and leaves little doubt that the DA is going to be the elite league for girls.

Beginning of the end (actually continuation of the trend line) for Feet?

Will LP finally be able to get their long coveted (though now seriously devalued) ECNL spot?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/01/17, 05:44 pm

I think TSCH is just fine. We have a small market and will stay competetive no matter what league we may or may not join in the future. For TSC the current landscape of DA is unknown and we will see how DA works out in the upcoming year. TSCH has only declined GDA for this year and may reconsider for next year. Either way ECNL is the league that offers the best playing environment for the most girls in the Tulsa market currently, Dallas, KC, Denver, Houston have 10-15 times the population density of Metro Tulsa. I have seen a lot of postings on this Forum concerning GDA and we all know the GDA statements and process are likely to change as the landscape changes in the coming year. We look forward to seeing how the change plays out and our club will act accordingly. As far as why clubs like Challenge, Albion... are choosing to forego GDA is that the demands, cost and ability to provide the maximum number of girls paying to play are provided equal access to the game so that they(DD) can continue to advance and improve their skill levels. I seriously doubt that the quality of play will so diminish because of GDA's onset. The boys DA have barely broken the ice on getting on the national team and the play has hardly been great. So when we look at what is most important to our DD it is to get into a good school that offers a quality education if that be D1, D2 or D3 big deal. If the end result of all these parents pumping GDA is that their DD's are all going to get a D1 scholarship and make the womens national team and win Olympic and World Cup glory then I think you need to let up on that Robitusin your hallucinating on.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/01/17, 06:00 pm

Got 'em

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/01/17, 08:01 pm

Actually I find that a couple of tins of Sucrets does the trick just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 03/01/17, 09:48 pm

Jeez....Still smarting over the Red River Shootout (or maybe even the Red River Bridge War)? Razz This is one interesting and funny board...Nice to drop by every once and a while and see what's up! Never fails to disappoint...

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTexas 04/01/17, 08:25 am

timmyh wrote:

It's hard to figure out what TSC, Lonestar, Challenge, and Albion are thinking.  Given the look of the land, they may have signed their competitive death warrants by choosing the temporarily higher profits, lower standards, and less accountability of ECNL and foregoing their DA invites.

Maybe they look like geniuses in 2019, but at this point I'd be very surprised if ECNL is much more than a shadow of its former self in a couple of years.

I guess what hasnt been announced is how many of the new DA members that were/are also ECNL members were told they had to choose DA or ECNL.  If the club is not forced to choose then yes it makes the decision easier to stay in the DA.  You get to keep the revenue streams of all the ~100 ECNL roster spots in addition to your DA teams.  What might make more sense is to just put the DFW second teams back in LHGCL.  The looming question is how much travel is realistic (or needed) for second tier leagues/teams.

SoccerTexas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/01/17, 08:34 am

I'm going to take a guess that all of them will keep both. A lot of big name clubs on that list.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/01/17, 08:36 am

Plus, regional competition, even for second tier teams is better than what LHGCL will offer.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 04/01/17, 09:20 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:I think TSCH is just fine. We have a small market and will stay competetive no matter what league we may or may not join in the future. For TSC the current landscape of DA is unknown and we will see how DA works out in the upcoming year. TSCH has only declined GDA for this year and may reconsider for next year. Either way ECNL is the league that offers the best playing environment for the most girls in the Tulsa market currently, Dallas, KC, Denver, Houston have 10-15 times the population density of Metro Tulsa. I have seen a lot of postings on this Forum concerning GDA and we all know the GDA statements and process are likely to change as the landscape changes in the coming year. We look forward to seeing how the change plays out and our club will act accordingly. As far as why clubs like Challenge, Albion... are choosing to forego GDA is that the demands, cost and ability to provide the maximum number of girls paying to play are provided equal access to the game so that they(DD) can continue to advance and improve their skill levels. I seriously doubt that the quality of play will so diminish because of GDA's onset. The boys DA have barely broken the ice on getting on the national team and the play has hardly been great. So when we look at what is most important to our DD it is to get into a good school that offers a quality education if that be  D1, D2 or D3 big deal. If the end result of all these parents pumping GDA is that their DD's are all going to get a D1 scholarship and make the womens national team and win Olympic and World Cup glory then I think you need to let up on that Robitusin your hallucinating on.

Lots of well thought out dimes in your post Tuls.  It is nice to see a club think through decisions and do what they perceive is best for their club and their players.  

There are a lot of things happening in NTX soccer.  All of you blow hards from FCD and Solar should temper your enthusiasm for a couple of years until we see how everything plays out.  There is no doubt that GDA will be the top league but it will be years before the overall impact is truly felt.  All of these clubs that are the target of your giggles aren't going die off just yet.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/01/17, 09:52 am

the clubs that opted out are not in trouble yet. However the competing club should take the opportunity to move on the DA spots now. If a local competing club take the spot then you would feel the impact. But as long as no other club in Oklahoma has DA they have nothng to worry about. So not sure how well thought out it was. No competition so no need to take on the extra cost (with no real revenue increase). Comes back to one spot, money. Had there been another local club waiting on the DA spot I doubt the opinion would be the same. Would love to see the DA give OFC the boys and girls DA spot and then close of Oklahoma (1 club from OK is probably enough) Oh and as far as boys DA goes the youth national teams are all either DA or international players so not sure that qualifies as barely breaking the ice.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/01/17, 11:13 am

How long did it take ECNL to impact things here locally? My estimate was two years and look at all the change during ECNL short existence.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next