North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  Empty ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by soccermomof_3 04/07/20, 03:08 pm

Can anyone explain the difference between these 3 leagues?! I understand that ECNL is at the top of the pyramid, however very confused on the other 2.

Some clubs like Sting and Solar have both ECRL and ECNL NTX. What is the difference ? Where do they compete? What is the better league? I may not know a ton about youth soccer, but I’m pretty sure some of these clubs can’t fill 4-6 rosters with elite talent per age group.

soccermomof_3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by sideline83 04/07/20, 11:01 pm

Plus the big clubs are talking about FDL is an elite platform for elite players but what is this?

sideline83
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by Soccerpewpew 05/07/20, 09:43 am

ECNL is good. Some ECRL pretty good. ECNL NTX - think a way for highlands to say they are part of something national and basically a D1 team with a path to the next level. I think FDL replaces DPL when DA failed.

Soccerpewpew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 05/07/20, 02:29 pm

Until LH has a qualification for ECNL post season play like ECNL NTX you can't really compare the two.

There is talented players spread all across NTX in all the various leagues.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/07/20, 06:40 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerpewpew 05/07/20, 07:21 pm

True. And too bad they are all spread out across a million national leagues.

Soccerpewpew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/07/20, 11:45 pm

Soccerpewpew wrote:True. And too bad they are all spread out across a million national leagues.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 06/07/20, 02:11 am

soccermomof_3 wrote:Can anyone explain the difference between these 3 leagues?! I understand that ECNL is at the top of the pyramid, however very confused on the other 2.

Some clubs like Sting and Solar have both ECRL and ECNL NTX.  What is the difference ? Where do they compete? What is the better league? I may not know a ton about youth soccer, but I’m pretty sure some of these clubs can’t fill 4-6 rosters with elite talent per age group.  

None of them can fill 4-6 rosters with elite talent. But they all will still fill them.
ECNL- pay for competition and access to play in front of college coaches.
ECRL- pay for ECNL patch
ECNL NTX- pay for patch, plus bragging rights over LH parents
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 06/07/20, 02:17 pm

I think the clubs are using ECNL for their top players, ECRL for the next level (and a way for a player to improve and try to make the ECNL lineup) and the next leagues seem to be a scattering of teams based around a coach. In other words, it seems to me the clubs control who coaches ECNL and ECRL and how the players are picked (do not know about ECNL-NTX) and then while the clubs may have a say in FDL or whatever else is running around, it is basically up to the coach to put together the team based on his prior, existing, team.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 06/07/20, 03:08 pm

And do not forget about Frontier League (if it still exists) and the Red River conference.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 06/07/20, 06:07 pm

ECNL is a good idea. I can even get behind ECRL (or ECNL-RL...whatever they call it).

However, you can't convince me that any team playing in ECNL-NTX, DPL, FDL, Red River Frontier, etc. is better off in that league than they would be if all those leagues went away and everyone played in a league like Lake Highlands with pro/rel. All the traveling to play teams that are no better (and usually much, much worse) than a dozen other teams within 30 minutes of the Metroplex is silly. The reason LH now sucks is because you have a dozen teams avoiding it (for parent/coach egos/ignorance to say they play in some "elite" travel league?). The way to fix that is for everyone to stop traveling to play the Oklahoma/Louisiana/Arkansas Pink Ponies. Let them come join the local league (or local tournaments) if they want to play Dallas teams. Maybe that's Lake Highlands. Or maybe that's some replacement league to come. Either way, we seem to be completely wasting the fact that we're one of a half dozen places in the country that doesn't need to travel to find competition.

If everyone but the ECNL/ECRL teams just played in Lake Highlands or some similar replacement (and you wouldn't have to try hard to convince me that with 6 local ECNL teams the ECRL league isn't necessary either), the DFW soccer world would be a much better place. The teams that still want to travel can go to tournaments and showcases instead.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 06/07/20, 06:19 pm

ECNL NTX does not travel.  They play the other ECNL NTX teams with the metroplex.  Top two from each age group advance to a post season vs STX with the winners of that post season advancing to ECNL nationals in the same groupings as the ECRL teams.  

So no travel for league games, a playoff within the state of Texas, and then a spot at Nationals.

And with no travel for league games the teams can pick showcase events to travel to that fit their liking.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mlwfrisco 06/07/20, 06:31 pm

Also keep in mind that the Frontier League is supplemental to Lake Highlands. The teams qualify for Frontier League through their finish the year before in Lake Highlands. Will be a couple of travel weekends for the league, but only Austin/San Antonio, Houston and Oklahoma.

Last edited by mlwfrisco on 06/07/20, 07:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can’t spell)

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 06/07/20, 06:51 pm

AtThePitch wrote:ECNL NTX does not travel.  They play the other ECNL NTX teams with the metroplex.  Top two from each age group advance to a post season vs STX with the winners of that post season advancing to ECNL nationals in the same groupings as the ECRL teams.  

So no travel for league games, a playoff within the state of Texas, and then a spot at Nationals.

And with no travel for league games the teams can pick showcase events to travel to that fit their liking.

Well that all sounds quite reasonable, actually. I stand corrected.

Would prefer that they strengthen the local league by also including teams from smaller clubs, but NTX girl players (unlike the boys) are so concentrated in the Big 5 clubs that maybe it doesn't matter too much outside of a team or two per age group.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 06/07/20, 07:00 pm

ECNL NTX was open to the small clubs as it was in STX. My understanding is they opted to not participate this season.

Can't please everyone.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 06/07/20, 07:31 pm

AtThePitch wrote:ECNL NTX was open to the small clubs as it was in STX.  My understanding is they opted to not participate this season.  

Can't please everyone.  

Well then, I am out of objections and shouldn't have made a bunch of assumptions. Actually sounds pretty good and what should probably indeed be happening to fix what has been a broken model the past several years.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05KeeperDad 06/07/20, 09:27 pm

The small clubs likely opted out because it was added money for an experiment, and to stay home and do the exact same thing they are already doing.

There's only six teams from 3 different clubs, and that's supposed to be a "league"? And, in some cases, it's the 5th and 6th team for that club.

If ECNL were smart, there'd be a qualifying tourney, promotion and relegation with any club having the ability to enter. But, big clubs sign big contacts to make sure they have that exclusivity...

05KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 07/07/20, 01:08 pm

Interesting in South/Central Texas the small clubs chose to participate, but not here. Know why? Cost? Where did the info on 6 teams from 3 clubs come from?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 07/07/20, 01:40 pm

05DD wrote:
soccermomof_3 wrote:Can anyone explain the difference between these 3 leagues?! I understand that ECNL is at the top of the pyramid, however very confused on the other 2.

Some clubs like Sting and Solar have both ECRL and ECNL NTX.  What is the difference ? Where do they compete? What is the better league? I may not know a ton about youth soccer, but I’m pretty sure some of these clubs can’t fill 4-6 rosters with elite talent per age group.  

None of them can fill 4-6 rosters with elite talent. But they all will still fill them.
ECNL- pay for competition and access to play in front of college coaches.
ECRL- pay for ECNL patch
ECNL NTX- pay for patch, plus bragging rights over LH parents

I like the way you roll 05dd. Cool

Are any of these league bige approved? Can he wear his DA kit to Ecnl games?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 07/07/20, 03:56 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:

Are any of these league bige approved?  Can he wear his DA kit to Ecnl games?

Oh BigEgo a Full Kit Wanker for sure!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 09/07/20, 10:03 am

Are the ECNL-NTX teams going to be brand new teams that are being formed, or will the league consist of existing FDL/LH teams that will pick up additional games in the new league?
Perhaps the latter this year and the former next year?
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mlwfrisco 09/07/20, 10:13 am

My understanding is that they are existing teams in GCL and will pick up the additional games in this league. Moving forward past this year, I have no clue.

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 09/07/20, 10:06 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 11/07/20, 09:54 am

ECRL-NTX is a joke. It will die a painful death next year.
ECRL is about to be a joke unless ECNL powers allow ECRL teams into the college showcases. If this doesn't happen, FDL will become the premier 2nd tier league. The new National Showcase platform that FDL and Frontier feed into is very promising. Question is whether USYS allows ECRL teams to compete in the National Showcases. If not, there will be a lot of buyers remorse in the ECRL platform. Sad because ECRL was a huge success last year.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 11/07/20, 03:33 pm

TxFutbal wrote:ECRL-NTX is a joke.  It will die a painful death next year.
ECRL is about to be a joke unless ECNL powers allow ECRL teams into the college showcases.  If this doesn't happen, FDL will become the premier 2nd tier league.  The new National Showcase platform that FDL and Frontier feed into is very promising.  Question is whether USYS allows ECRL teams to compete in the National Showcases.  If not, there will be a lot of buyers remorse in the ECRL platform.  Sad because ECRL was a huge success last year.

Define huge success
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next