North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26)

Post by KeeperCommander 26/02/17, 09:34 pm

How about Liverpool Redknap winning 5-1. Tell me that didn't have any CPP going on. That put them in the hunt at least. Perhaps just in the conversation.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games of the week (Feb. 25 & 26)

Post by Guest 26/02/17, 09:53 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:How about Liverpool Redknap winning 5-1. Tell me that didn't have any CPP going on. That put them in the hunt at least. Perhaps just in the conversation.

No doubt. I wish game cards would be public record. Then at least everyone would know what shenanigans are pulled. If you're gonna sacrifice the development of your actual team by bringing in ringers, you should at least have to have it be public knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/02/17, 08:38 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:How about Liverpool Redknap winning 5-1. Tell me that didn't have any CPP going on. That put them in the hunt at least. Perhaps just in the conversation.

No doubt.  I wish game cards would be public record. Then at least everyone would know what shenanigans are pulled.  If you're gonna sacrifice the development of your actual team by bringing in ringers, you should at least have to have it be public knowledge.
Time honored tradition that has only the best intentions at heart for the NTX soccer community.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/02/17, 09:45 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

No doubt.  I wish game cards would be public record. Then at least everyone would know what shenanigans are pulled.  If you're gonna sacrifice the development of your actual team by bringing in ringers, you should at least have to have it be public knowledge.
Time honored tradition that has only the best intentions at heart for the NTX soccer community.

lol I'm sure

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 27/02/17, 12:51 pm

greaterisHe wrote:FC Dallas and Kicks JM competed hard but they both could not come out on top. The Kicks have two challenging upcoming weeks. Maybe they can pull out another tie. It seems to be their pattern.

Missed the Fever win by two. Didn't see that coming..
The Fever win definitely qualifies as  "Rump-Shaker of the week"
Didn't see that one coming.
Can Fever pull off another big upset this week?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/02/17, 01:01 pm

lol rump shaker.....

I give them 0.001% chance against DTS....

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2 27/02/17, 02:03 pm

0.001% chance of tieing the game is playing with 2 sweepers near the box , 4 defenders 10feet in front of sweepers and playing with 4 defensive midfielders 10 feet infront of defenders. 4-4-2 suggests 2-4-4 strategy for this game.
skiberdad wrote:lol rump shaker.....

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/02/17, 02:17 pm

4-4-2 wrote:0.001% chance of tieing the game is playing with 2 sweepers near the box ,  4 defenders 10feet in front of sweepers and playing with 4 defensive midfielders 10 feet infront of defenders. 4-4-2 suggests 2-4-4 strategy for this game.

How about your kick it into the parking lot strategy? Lol

All joking aside, Penn has a good team and they are getting better and better. But DTSis just another level. Penn needs to recruit this spring and summer. If he gets the players, he will make them competitive. Given his results with what he has, and the low fees of an independent club, he should be able to recruit.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerAdvice2Go 28/02/17, 09:07 am

Didn't see the Fever win coming either. Congrats to them for delivering "Rump Shaker of the Week". I only saw the second half as well but need to agree with skiberdad. Fever team has some skill and potential but not in league of DTS and Selecao. I have watched over 10 games this season and this was first corner kick goal I have seen. Sting did have most possession and did a good job of distributing just couldn't find scoring opportunities. Fever did have some kick-ball. Seems Mids struggle to feed the ball up so they found way to score on set play and off mini boot-ball that was well played.

SoccerAdvice2Go
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/02/17, 09:20 am

4-4-2 wrote:0.001% chance of tieing the game is playing with 2 sweepers near the box ,  4 defenders 10feet in front of sweepers and playing with 4 defensive midfielders 10 feet infront of defenders. 4-4-2 suggests 2-4-4 strategy for this game.

They will just shoot it from 25 yds out

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/02/17, 09:28 am

SoccerAdvice2Go wrote:Didn't see the Fever win coming either. Congrats to them for delivering "Rump Shaker of the Week". I only saw the second half as well but need to agree with skiberdad. Fever team has some skill and potential but not in league of DTS and Selecao.  I have watched over 10 games this season and this was first corner kick goal I have seen. Sting did have most possession and did a good job of distributing just couldn't find scoring opportunities.  Fever did have some kick-ball. Seems Mids struggle to feed the ball up so they found way to score on set play and off mini boot-ball that was well played.
Question isn't whether Fever is same class as DTS or Selecao. Perhaps it was if Fever was even same class as Sting West. Personally I think Sting has a big hill to climb. They still have DTS and Selecao to play.
Liverpool the only team that comes close to top two. Yet they are still a distant third to both, but getting better. Liverpool and Fever finish 3 and 4 respectively.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 09:28 am

SoccerAdvice2Go wrote:Didn't see the Fever win coming either. Congrats to them for delivering "Rump Shaker of the Week". I only saw the second half as well but need to agree with skiberdad. Fever team has some skill and potential but not in league of DTS and Selecao.  I have watched over 10 games this season and this was first corner kick goal I have seen. Sting did have most possession and did a good job of distributing just couldn't find scoring opportunities.  Fever did have some kick-ball. Seems Mids struggle to feed the ball up so they found way to score on set play and off mini boot-ball that was well played.

Good point about the corner. Very few successful at this age. I tend to think this is a factor of coaching and hustle. Like I mentioned before, hallmark of Penn teams. He gets everything out of the kids he has. When you play a team that is faster, you tend to need to play more shell and pick your chances. I mean, if you were Penn and you knew that the team across from you has you outgunned, maybe you play more defensively and look for your chances. Dude deserves some props for that. I would be curious to hear if anyone has watched Penn's current team play a team that is of the same athleticism. (i.e. Not DTS or Selecao or Sting West) I would wonder if you would see a whole lot more possession soccer and working it up the field. So before we label a team "kickball", I'd wonder if everyone pretty much plays what appears to be "kickball" against teams that are clearly faster and stronger than them.

I think a lot of times we judge teams on what they do in one or two games. A lot of times, what a team looks like is determined by who they are playing. The Cowboys would look better against the Browns than they would the Patriots, for example. Laughing

"Sting did have most possession and did a good job of distributing just couldn't find scoring opportunities." -- Also a sign of good coaching and hustle from the kids.

I say give those Fever kids credit. On this day, they played a smart, hustling game and beat a good (some would argue a more talented team) team 2-0. Rumor has it (see thread above) that Fever beat an FCD team that CPP'd JDL players to play them the week before. Maybe they are feeding those Fever kids hormone-FULL milk Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 09:32 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Question isn't whether Fever is same class as DTS or Selecao. Perhaps it was if Fever was even same class as Sting West. Personally I think Sting has a big hill to climb. They still have DTS and Selecao to play.
Liverpool the only team that comes close to top two. Yet they are still a distant third to both, but getting better. Liverpool and Fever finish 3 and 4 respectively.  

Well, Fever plays DTS this week, too. But, point taken on Sting West having some work to do. It does appear that they have a 2 point lead over Fever right now, though. If all goes according to chalk, Fever might only be up a point after the next two weeks. It's still anyone's guess there, I think.

LP does seem to have proven out to be number 3. I checked their gotsoccer and it looks like they played Fever in the Round Up and handled them 3-0.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/02/17, 09:36 am

skiberdad wrote:

Good point about the corner.  Very few successful at this age.  I tend to think this is a factor of coaching and hustle.  Like I mentioned before, hallmark of Penn teams.  He gets everything out of the kids he has.  When you play a team that is faster, you tend to need to play more shell and pick your chances.  I mean, if you were Penn and you knew that the team across from you has you outgunned, maybe you play more defensively and look for your chances.  Dude deserves some props for that.  I would be curious to hear if anyone has watched Penn's current team play a team that is of the same athleticism. (i.e. Not DTS or Selecao or Sting West)  I would wonder if you would see a whole lot more possession soccer and working it up the field.  So before we label a team "kickball", I'd wonder if everyone pretty much plays what appears to be "kickball" against teams that are clearly faster and stronger than them.

I think a lot of times we judge teams on what they do in one or two games.  A lot of times, what a team looks like is determined by who they are playing.  The Cowboys would look better against the Browns than they would the Patriots, for example. Laughing

"Sting did have most possession and did a good job of distributing just couldn't find scoring opportunities." -- Also a sign of good coaching and hustle from the kids.

I say give those Fever kids credit.  On this day, they played a smart, hustling game and beat a good (some would argue a more talented team) team 2-0.  Rumor has it (see thread above) that Fever beat an FCD team that CPP'd JDL players to play them the week before.  Maybe they are feeding those Fever kids hormone-FULL milk Razz
Might be harsh to label kickball even though I have done it too. Fact is they play a send though ball to the forward as much as possible. They do not have the skill yet to possess it long enough so they do play the long ball more than not. They have some athletes, they will just need time.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/02/17, 09:37 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Well, Fever plays DTS this week, too.  But, point taken on Sting West having some work to do.  It does appear that they have a 2 point lead over Fever right now, though.  If all goes according to chalk, Fever might only be up a point after the next two weeks.  It's still anyone's guess there, I think.

LP does seem to have proven out to be number 3.  I checked their gotsoccer and it looks like they played Fever in the Round Up and handled them 3-0.
Liverpool has a much lighter schedule as well this half.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 09:45 am

on an unrelated note, KC, your prior avatar was funny as hell. You shouldn't have switched it out.

That one about why you don't include the goalie in formation designations made me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 09:58 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

Good point about the corner.  Very few successful at this age.  I tend to think this is a factor of coaching and hustle.  Like I mentioned before, hallmark of Penn teams.  He gets everything out of the kids he has.  When you play a team that is faster, you tend to need to play more shell and pick your chances.  I mean, if you were Penn and you knew that the team across from you has you outgunned, maybe you play more defensively and look for your chances.  Dude deserves some props for that.  I would be curious to hear if anyone has watched Penn's current team play a team that is of the same athleticism. (i.e. Not DTS or Selecao or Sting West)  I would wonder if you would see a whole lot more possession soccer and working it up the field.  So before we label a team "kickball", I'd wonder if everyone pretty much plays what appears to be "kickball" against teams that are clearly faster and stronger than them.

I think a lot of times we judge teams on what they do in one or two games.  A lot of times, what a team looks like is determined by who they are playing.  The Cowboys would look better against the Browns than they would the Patriots, for example. Laughing

I say give those Fever kids credit.  On this day, they played a smart, hustling game and beat a good (some would argue a more talented team) team 2-0.  Rumor has it (see thread above) that Fever beat an FCD team that CPP'd JDL players to play them the week before.  Maybe they are feeding those Fever kids hormone-FULL milk Razz
Might be harsh to label kickball even though I have done it too. Fact is they play a send though ball to the forward as much as possible. They do not have the skill yet to possess it long enough so they do play the long ball more than not. They have some athletes, they will just need time.

I've only watched parts of two of their games and it was early on. They pretty well dominated Redknapp and the other team I saw them play. Their midfield didn't much have any issue penetrating or distributing easily. Held the ball 80% of the time. Methinks, again, a function of the competition level. They do seem to have a few scattered athletes and skilled kids. If I'm a parent of an '05G, (Thank goodness I'm not. That was a preteen age I'd just as soon forget) I'd really look hard at giving Penn the chance to teach my kid. He did wonders for my '00.

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 28/02/17, 10:21 am

Keepercommander might be on to something about the current state of Sting West. A parent on Fever sidelined alluded to Fever had some Plano girls playing up for the game. If rumor is true, kudos to Fever for changing the trend. Recently, its been all about JDL DDs playing down for a win.

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 10:30 am

time2win wrote:Keepercommander might be on to something about the current state of Sting West.  A parent on Fever sidelined alluded to Fever had some Plano girls playing up for the game.  If rumor is true, kudos to Fever for changing the trend. Recently, its been all about JDL DDs playing down for a win.

HAHAHA! Really?! Sting West should really be pissed off now!! Someone actually used CPP the way it was meant to - to develop players - AND they were from Plano AND they beat Sting West 2-0? Wait. I just re-read that. There was more than one? HA!

I wonder if Sting West's coach knows that? He should read this forum or maybe one of his team's parents is reading this right now.

time2win -- that is some juicy stuff right there. Hat tip to you for that bit of investigative journalism. I'll be chuckling about that all day.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 28/02/17, 10:44 am

skiberdad wrote:
time2win wrote:Keepercommander might be on to something about the current state of Sting West.  A parent on Fever sidelined alluded to Fever had some Plano girls playing up for the game.  If rumor is true, kudos to Fever for changing the trend. Recently, its been all about JDL DDs playing down for a win.

HAHAHA!  Really?!  Sting West should really be pissed off now!!  Someone actually used CPP the way it was meant to - to develop players - AND they were from Plano AND they beat Sting West 2-0?  Wait.  I just re-read that.  There was more than one? HA!

I wonder if Sting West's coach knows that? He should read this forum or maybe one of his team's parents is reading this right now.

time2win -- that is some juicy stuff right there.  Hat tip to you for that bit of investigative journalism.  I'll be chuckling about that all day.
Humorous, quite humorous. Even though it's comical that this transpired this way I find it hard to believe that a mid pack team from Plano had a girl strong enough to help in this way. Both Fever teams are mid pack or below. Both prob soon to be D2 borderline D3 Plano teams. Have a girl that can step in and fill some shoes in the event of injury or absence? Perhaps, but not be the difference maker against a quality team. I just don't buy it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 11:11 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

HAHAHA!  Really?!  Sting West should really be pissed off now!!  Someone actually used CPP the way it was meant to - to develop players - AND they were from Plano AND they beat Sting West 2-0?  Wait.  I just re-read that.  There was more than one? HA!

time2win -- that is some juicy stuff right there.  Hat tip to you for that bit of investigative journalism.  I'll be chuckling about that all day.
Humorous, quite humorous. Even though it's comical that this transpired this way I find it hard to believe that a mid pack team from Plano had a girl strong enough to help in this way. Both Fever teams are mid pack or below. Both prob soon to be D2 borderline D3 Plano teams. Have a girl that can step in and fill some shoes in the event of injury or absence? Perhaps, but not be the difference maker against a quality team. I just don't buy it.

I also highly doubt a couple of Plano players came and made a difference. I think point here is that they didn't seem to hurt at all. Of course, who knows how much they played, but even 10 minutes should have exposed weakness that West should have been able to exploit. Your point is spot on about Fever's talent pool. Penn's are the best they have so it's not like they can CPP studs in. The fact that they brought more than one Plano girl in, played them, and still won 2-0 is something. I don't think time2win is suggesting these players won the game for Fever. I think he's pointing out Penn did this and STILL won. Either way, if I'm a Sting parent, I'm mad enough to spit. West doesn't even get JDL chances. Talk about insult to injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by poobaby_02 28/02/17, 11:57 am

Fever did use CPP to allow players from our Plano team an opportunity to develop and "see what LH is all about". This is the core of CPP, right? It does not matter if y'all label it as "Game of the Week". More important is development for games and leagues to follow. Each is a learning opportunity (we just learn more in some games than others). Shocked Very Happy

You never know what could happen to your roster from season to season. Especially being an Indy club. So, CPP will continue to be used and Coach Penn will continue to develop players. Our parents are aware and supportive. If in the process we stay in DI...well that is just icing on the cake! cheers
poobaby_02
poobaby_02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomtx 28/02/17, 04:35 pm

Skiberdad, what did you mean by Sting West doesn't get JDL chances?

"Either way, if I'm a Sting parent, I'm mad enough to spit. West doesn't even get JDL chances. Talk about insult to injury.

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/17, 05:10 pm

soccermomtx wrote:Skiberdad, what did you mean by Sting West doesn't get JDL chances?

"Either way, if I'm a Sting parent, I'm mad enough to spit. West doesn't even get JDL chances. Talk about insult to injury.

I mean Sting west is not one of Stings JDL teams. Am I wrong? Is Sting West a JDL team for Sting? Last I heard it was Higgy and Central.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomtx 28/02/17, 06:07 pm

The way I heard it is Sting West was offered the JDL spot, but the Club was going to make them drive to the North Dallas (Richardson? Plano? wherever it is) facility to practice. That was not practical at all for Sting West, since all of them live in the Keller, Southlake, Colleyville, S. Arlington (and beyond) area.

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 28/02/17, 06:42 pm

soccermomtx wrote:The way I heard it is Sting West was offered the JDL spot, but the Club was going to make them drive to the North Dallas (Richardson? Plano? wherever it is) facility to practice.   That was not practical at all for Sting West, since all of them live in the Keller, Southlake, Colleyville, S. Arlington (and beyond) area.  

That is a long haul. So what happens if some of those DDs want and are able to play for Sting ECNL/DA/DA2/whatever? Do they change their willingness to travel for training or look for another club?

Speaking of, how do other clubs handle the more elite teams when it comes to training locales? At least at the younger ages? Aside from DTS, are the rest required to train at the club's main facilities? Perhaps this should be another thread.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next