North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 7 Empty Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Big Ern 03/04/17, 01:43 pm

C'mon now SOAP -- We know each other and you're better than that.

Wazup -- What do you think I'm selling and to whom?  What "facts" are you referring to?  I was just trying to have insightful, well thought out conversation with ole soccerjack.  Let's take a gander at what I've just written ...

"The talent in this age group is not as abundant at FCD as the 04s and top of the 05s, but CR is a solid coach -- he should have them making strides in his second year with them.  And a couple of strong 07 teams already in house should make that group very formidable next year."

then wrote ...

"All I know is I've heard that FCD has a solid well of 07 talent ... so to address the validity of my previous (and actually relevant) point -- they should be pretty formidable in that group next year in JDL."

Yep ... I told ya that I know zip about the 07 age group, and that I heard there was a good well of talent (which there would be even if they have one team ranked up there nationally) --

what I said about the 04 and 05s - truth
FCD 06s lacking in taklent - truth
CP is a solid coach - truth
FCD 07s have a well of talent and should be formidable next year - truth

You kids still think I'm on here to sell FC Dallas and JDL, when much of which I post is regarding the downfalls of each.  Those of us on this forum constantly in defense of our posts due to scrutiny of every word we write are only doing so to counter the detractors and haters that post primarily with emotion and subjectivity.  

Tell me more about the Kool Aid I must be drinking ... is it the same flavor at the other clubs my kids play for?  Let's try to be a touch more open minded and bit less intellectually lazy ... K?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 03/04/17, 02:01 pm

BigErn wrote:C'mon now SOAP -- We know each other and you're better than that.

Wazup -- What do you think I'm selling and to whom?  What "facts" are you referring to?  I was just trying to have insightful, well thought out conversation with ole soccerjack.  Let's take a gander at what I've just written ...

"The talent in this age group is not as abundant at FCD as the 04s and top of the 05s, but CR is a solid coach -- he should have them making strides in his second year with them.  And a couple of strong 07 teams already in house should make that group very formidable next year."

then wrote ...

"All I know is I've heard that FCD has a solid well of 07 talent ... so to address the validity of my previous (and actually relevant) point -- they should be pretty formidable in that group next year in JDL."

Yep ... I told ya that I know zip about the 07 age group, and that I heard there was a good well of talent (which there would be even if they have one team ranked up there nationally) --

You kids still think I'm on here to sell FC Dallas and JDL, when much of which I post is regarding the downfalls of each.  Those of us on this forum constantly in defense of our posts due to scrutiny of every word we write are only doing so to counter the detractors and haters that post primarily with emotion and subjectivity.  

Tell me more about the Kool Aid I must be drinking ... is it the same flavor at the other clubs my kids play for?  Let's try to be a touch more open minded and bit less intellectually lazy ... K?

not so much, as Axel has repeatedly pointed out

a single team is not a well (or a wealth) of talent

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 03/04/17, 03:16 pm

wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:C'mon now SOAP -- We know each other and you're better than that.

then wrote ...

not so much, as Axel has repeatedly pointed out

a single team is not a well (or a wealth) of talent

Solar has 4 in top 8 (2,5,7,8 )
Kicks has 2 in top 10 (1, 10)
Sting has 2 in top 9 (6 and 9)
Texans have 2 in top 11. (4,11)
(all per FBR posted 3/31/17)

Yet the plethora or deep well of talent lies at FCD with a 3 and a 12(that plays silver division possibly with help).  Ok, sure Big E, I guess the Big 4 plus Kicks has a well of talent in 07s.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/04/17, 04:32 pm

Geez...let the pile on begin. Can't tell if this is an fcd or ern hate fest.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 03/04/17, 09:25 pm

It's both, but you have to keep up.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 04/04/17, 12:19 am

KeeperCommander wrote:It's both, but you have to keep up.

If you have followed Big Ern, JDL wasn't an immediate success because certain clubs didn't "buy in."  I don't necessarily disagree. But for the sake of JDL, FCD shouldn't enter a second team into JDL at the 07 level. To do otherwise would weaken what JDL is meant to be.  FCD can't buy into the goal of JDL, because they simply don't have the pool of 07 players. Kind of shocking given the number of teams.

On another note, if you're a "name chaser" and an 07, run to FCD. There should be plenty of opportunities to join a second JDL team. You can go to Feet too for that matter.  JK's departure left them hardly able to field a worthy first team.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 04/04/17, 07:51 am

ForReal wrote:

If you have followed Big Ern, JDL wasn't an immediate success because certain clubs didn't "buy in."  I don't necessarily disagree. But for the sake of JDL, FCD shouldn't enter a second team into JDL at the 07 level. To do otherwise would weaken what JDL is meant to be.  FCD can't buy into the goal of JDL, because they simply don't have the pool of 07 players. Kind of shocking given the number of teams.

On another note, if you're a "name chaser" and an 07, run to FCD. There should be plenty of opportunities to join a second JDL team. You can go to Feet too for that matter.  JK's departure left them hardly able to field a worthy first team.

Have you seen what the Texans and DFeeters are rolling out in 06 JDL? The league obviously does not care about talent, as long as the bigs have their representation.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 04/04/17, 08:34 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Have you seen what the Texans and DFeeters are rolling out in 06 JDL? The league obviously does not care about talent, as long as the bigs have their representation.

Again - JDL is not interested in having the best teams.  It is about having the best teams the bigs can put out there.

If there was a real interest in having the cream of the crop competing week-to-week, there are better ways to go about doing that.  If you want an exclusive league to cater to the haves - you create JDL.

You can claim you have the "elite league" - AND have the ability to dual roster player into LH D1 to maintain your LHGCL slots.

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 08:46 am

What's wrong with that! Damn seems they have been able to control both leagues. monopoly!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 04/04/17, 09:14 am

Is the goal of JDL to:

(1) provide the most competitive games week-to-week, or
(2) consolidate talent at the bigs?

These goals are generally exclusive of each other.

With JDL, clubs can -

(1) sell JDL involvement to recruit players from non-JDL clubs
(2) have a free pass into the JDL league - even if teams are non-competitive
(3) dual-roster players with LH teams to avoid CPP rules
(4) "loan" players to LH teams to save D1 byes

If this was really about providing the best competition week-after-week, LHGCL could create a "Premier" division that:

(1) eliminates (or limits) automatic bids - say, provide 1 automatic bid to each of the bigs, and then have a play-in tournament each year.  No more relying on a record from a free club bye for players who never earned it.  (You could even have a rules that allow a top # finisher to receive a bye the following season if, say 75% of the team returns - but that would require keeping score.)

(2) places the division under the same transfer rules (same-day loans) as the rest of LHGCL (all this talk about limiting games and scoring pressures, and then the coaches turn around and dual-roster players between JDL and LH - some girls are playing multiple games in a day)

(3) places the division under the same CPP rules (limits to the # of players playing down, limits to CPP the final 3 games - currently, the bigs have wide ability to shift/share players from JDL to LH to save their LH byes)

(4) requires minimum licensing requirements

The division could still be free to set its own game rules regarding play-time, substitution, roster size, etc.

But let's be honest here - this would never happen. A plan like this limits the power and representation of the bigs - and why would they want to do that?

The bigs run LHGCL, they run JDL, and they have no interest in giving up an ounce of control.

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 09:28 am

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 09:32 am

LHGCL could have done that 5-6 years ago when the complaints were about the league promoting win at any cost, out of control coaches, players, parents, and referees with little regard for safety of players. They chose not to listen. So five years later, well now you see. Yatzie!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 09:32 am

I am pretty sure I predicted this happening about 2-3 years ago.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 04/04/17, 09:47 am

wazup wrote:Is the goal of JDL to:

(1) provide the most competitive games week-to-week, or
(2) consolidate talent at the bigs?

These goals are generally exclusive of each other.

With JDL, clubs can -

(1) sell JDL involvement to recruit players from non-JDL clubs
(2) have a free pass into the JDL league - even if teams are non-competitive
(3) dual-roster players with LH teams to avoid CPP rules
(4) "loan" players to LH teams to save D1 byes

If this was really about providing the best competition week-after-week, LHGCL could create a "Premier" division that:

(1) eliminates (or limits) automatic bids - say, provide 1 automatic bid to each of the bigs, and then have a play-in tournament each year.  No more relying on a record from a free club bye for players who never earned it.  (You could even have a rules that allow a top # finisher to receive a bye the following season if, say 75% of the team returns - but that would require keeping score.)

(2) places the division under the same transfer rules (same-day loans) as the rest of LHGCL (all this talk about limiting games and scoring pressures, and then the coaches turn around and dual-roster players between JDL and LH - some girls are playing multiple games in a day)

(3) places the division under the same CPP rules (limits to the # of players playing down, limits to CPP the final 3 games - currently, the bigs have wide ability to shift/share players from JDL to LH to save their LH byes)

(4) requires minimum licensing requirements

The division could still be free to set its own game rules regarding play-time, substitution, roster size, etc.

But let's be honest here - this would never happen.  A plan like this limits the power and representation of the bigs - and why would they want to do that?

The bigs run LHGCL, they run JDL, and they have no interest in giving up an ounce of control.

The goal was to create an un "exclusive league" to cut off competition. They don't need no stinkin licenses! Or rules....
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 04/04/17, 09:48 am

Zizou wrote:LHGCL could have done that 5-6 years ago when the complaints were about the league promoting win at any cost, out of control coaches, players, parents, and referees with little regard for safety of players. They chose not to listen. So five years later, well now you see. Yatzie!

Absolutely correct.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 04/04/17, 10:26 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
ForReal wrote:

The new Super Team should fix the Texans issue for 07. Feet? Not so much.

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/17, 10:36 am

wazup wrote:The bigs run LHGCL, they run JDL, and they have no interest in giving up an ounce of control.

Well... DUH!

The 5 ECNL clubs have represented roughly 60% of LHGCL's business for over a decade, and those 5 clubs have shown at least some level of ability to work together to get things that they want (see Club Byes, CPP, JDL, TCL, etc.). They get what they want because there is always the looming threat that would take their business away and go it alone if necessary. If you were running a business, you'd cater to the 5 customers that make up 60% of your revenue at the risk of alienating some of the 20 or 30 other customers that make up the remaining 40% of your business as well.

You want leverage... go get the 20 or 30+ other clubs that make up the remaining 40% of LHGCL to band together and form your own league and exclude the ECNL clubs from participating. Of course, be careful what you wish for, and hope you enjoy the competition level in that league...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:00 am

bwgophers wrote:
wazup wrote:The bigs run LHGCL, they run JDL, and they have no interest in giving up an ounce of control.

Well... DUH!

The 5 ECNL clubs have represented roughly 60% of LHGCL's business for over a decade, and those 5 clubs have shown at least some level of ability to work together to get things that they want (see Club Byes, CPP, JDL, TCL, etc.).  They get what they want because there is always the looming threat that would take their business away and go it alone if necessary.  If you were running a business, you'd cater to the 5 customers that make up 60% of your revenue at the risk of alienating some of the 20 or 30 other customers that make up the remaining 40% of your business as well.

You want leverage... go get the 20 or 30+ other clubs that make up the remaining 40% of LHGCL to band together and form your own league and exclude the ECNL clubs from participating.  Of course, be careful what you wish for, and hope you enjoy the competition level in that league...

Bingo!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 04/04/17, 11:06 am

Shhh!  Don't tell BigE that the bigs run JDL.  

He thinks JDL was created and is governed by “LHGCL” (whoever they are).  Someone didn't let him in on the secret that LHGCL and JDL are run by the bigs.

Doesn't matter anyway, since "after U12 the bigs at the bigs do not care about LHGCL - it very literally is an afterthought."  Somehow I think the bigs WOULD care if all their select teams left after reaching U12.

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:20 am

JDL is governed by LHGCL. Lake highland's is not stupid enough to think that the 40%'s will keep them in buisness. They are also fighting to stay relevant just as you are.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/17, 11:24 am

LHGCL bylaws- Operation Prohibitions. The League and its Board of Directors shall not do any act which shall constitute a basis for denial of tax exemption under applicable laws, including, without limitation, the following:
1. The League shall not:
a. Lend any part of its income or corpus, without receipt of adequate security and a reasonable rate of interest;
b. Pay any compensation in excess of a reasonable allowance for salaries or other compensation for personal services actually rendered;
c. Make any part of its services available on a preferential basis.

LHGCL is running JDL, a league which excludes all but 5 clubs. Who wants to stand on their head and explain to me which part of the English language I do not understand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:25 am

Hey you can hire soapbox mom.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:26 am

Good luck to you, but I bet your going to run into a loophole.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:27 am

Loophole like we are just running the league. League management.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:29 am

Jdl is separate from LHGCL and has its own by laws, but we collect the checks for running it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/04/17, 11:29 am

But hey Que soapboxmom, she would know!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down