North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Question for the seasoned parents - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Question for the seasoned parents

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Question for the seasoned parents - Page 5 Empty Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Lefty 09/10/17, 10:08 am

Medicine Man wrote:The old switch and bait tactic keeps on a keepon on...I see it every weekend new faces roster changes little Suzy poor girl she's getting a taste of the real world at 10.

Not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with vague posts such as this?

If just venting, then fine, hope it works to relieve some of your frustration.

If you want some traction, reaction or change then step up to the plate and name names.
. Club
. Team
. Coach

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Question for the seasoned parents - Page 5 Empty Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man 09/10/17, 02:38 pm

That's your job Lefty to let the people know that not all coaches use the bait and switch tactic enlighten us on coaches that don't ....poor little Suzy didn't know.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/10/17, 03:37 pm

Medicine Man wrote:That's your job Lefty to let the people know that not all coaches use the bait and switch tactic enlighten us on coaches that don't ....poor little Suzy didn't know.

Sorry, not my job.

Yes it is unfortunate that her parents failed her.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 09/10/17, 03:42 pm

It is u fortunate the coach lied to the parents Lefty. Now Suzy sits on the bench confidence shattered.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 09/10/17, 05:52 pm

Simple way to get out of all of this. Encourage Suzy to be a massive distraction at the games and practices. Spit on coaches and players in practices. Flip off kids during the games. And find...the coaches car, empty the tires, and stick a banana in the tailpipe.

You have to get bat shit crazy. Then they will release you with pleasure.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 09/10/17, 07:40 pm

soccertard wrote:And find...the coaches car....and stick a banana in the tailpipe.

My personal favorite! cheers
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 09/10/17, 07:50 pm

I'm sure the coach is sleeping like a baby tonight knowing his electric bill is paid.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 09/10/17, 09:21 pm

BigBoy --

I wouldn't normally address this mess of a conversation you've spun up, but you've shown such steadfastness with this whole "bait and switch tactic" thing that I thought I'd add this ...

It seems you don't know this, but when coaches are making assessments and rounding out their teams prior to signing, they don't know what's going to happen after the first match their team plays together, let alone months later ... Given the direction that this thread has been going, I think it's worth saying that coaches aren't psychics.  If your kid is playing in LHGCL she's in a competitive environment.  She may have stood out the last week of tryouts and started a few games in a preseason tourney, then struggled and is now sitting the majority of each match.  Rosters and team dynamics are situationally fluid.  If this kid is sitting, it likely has nothing to do with the "ethics" of the coach, even if she's having playing time taken by a guest player.  This is just the nature of a competitive environment, and could be viewed as a valuable life lesson.

And I can confidently say that if this is a professional coach you're referring to as the "liar", he or she did not say the words, "she would be playing" or "will not be replaced" to either mom or child.

So, I guess that's the assessment I can take from that (I think you meant to ask a question there, but based on your record here, who knows).

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 10/10/17, 09:20 am

There is only one question that needs to be asked ,, how do we get the Admin to kick BBB off again?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 10/10/17, 10:01 am

No need to censor him. It's entertaining.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/17, 11:17 am

No, it's annoying and his "bait and switch" shtick is tired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 10/10/17, 11:40 am

He slept like.a baby last night not too worried Bout little Suzy who's confidence is mud.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 11/10/17, 03:05 pm

BigErn wrote:BigBoy --

I wouldn't normally address this mess of a conversation you've spun up, but you've shown such steadfastness with this whole "bait and switch tactic" thing that I thought I'd add this ...

It seems you don't know this, but when coaches are making assessments and rounding out their teams prior to signing, they don't know what's going to happen after the first match their team plays together, let alone months later ... Given the direction that this thread has been going, I think it's worth saying that coaches aren't psychics.  If your kid is playing in LHGCL she's in a competitive environment.  She may have stood out the last week of tryouts and started a few games in a preseason tourney, then struggled and is now sitting the majority of each match.  Rosters and team dynamics are situationally fluid.  If this kid is sitting, it likely has nothing to do with the "ethics" of the coach, even if she's having playing time taken by a guest player.  This is just the nature of a competitive environment, and could be viewed as a valuable life lesson.

And I can confidently say that if this is a professional coach you're referring to as the "liar", he or she did not say the words, "she would be playing" or "will not be replaced" to either mom or child.

So, I guess that's the assessment I can take from that (I think you meant to ask a question there, but based on your record here, who knows).

Professionl coach? There's professional coaches in this league? I wouldn't say liar, more like a used car salesman.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/10/17, 03:10 pm

Holly Hunter wrote:
BigErn wrote:BigBoy --

Professionl coach?  There's professional coaches in this league?  I wouldn't say liar, more like a used car salesman.

Ouch ...  ^ attempting to read this is like watching a train derailment.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 11/10/17, 03:12 pm

BigE got to sell himself to pay his electric bill. He's the finance guy that you talk.to after the used car salesman saying I got a great deal.for you Suzy. Let me show you.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1010mom 18/10/17, 09:27 am

soccertard you are funny. horrible, but funny. Smile

soccer1010mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 18/10/17, 09:50 am

The term team is Dead. DOA.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 18/10/17, 10:08 am

I don't know why teams are marketed anymore. It should just be a pool of players like other platforms that would make more since than having all these dual rosters CPP.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Question for the seasoned parents - Page 5 Empty Confirming Something About Release to Recreational Soccer

Post by SoccerDad75070 18/10/17, 01:27 pm

Hello All,

Our daughter is in transition from a select club and has the Release to Recreational Soccer from NTSSA. So, she is training with different teams to get the know the girls, coaches, etc. She has been asked to guest in a non NTSSA league and in upcoming tournaments.

Can a player guest with more than one team in the process and does this affect the release in any way?

Thanks!

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/10/17, 01:56 pm

Can a player guest with more than one team in the process - YES

and does this affect the release in any way? - NO

Just need the proper paperwork, and make sure that you are truly only guest playing - i.e. when you say she is being asked to play in a non-NTSSA league, make sure it's as a guest player, and she isn't being added to a US Club roster.  If she's added to a US Club roster for league play, that could impact her ability to guest play with other teams in a US Club sponsored tournament, but still will have no impact on her ability to guest play with a different team in an NTSSA sponsored tournament.

[Insert unintelligible comment from Medicine Man about poor Suzy Q and bait-and-switch here...]

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 18/10/17, 06:57 pm

......BW knows all the tricks of the trade. Greasy car salesman.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/10/17, 08:13 pm

Knowledge is empowerment...

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75070 19/10/17, 01:30 pm

Thanks BW

bwgophers wrote:Can a player guest with more than one team in the process - YES

and does this affect the release in any way? - NO

Just need the proper paperwork, and make sure that you are truly only guest playing - i.e. when you say she is being asked to play in a non-NTSSA league, make sure it's as a guest player, and she isn't being added to a US Club roster.  If she's added to a US Club roster for league play, that could impact her ability to guest play with other teams in a US Club sponsored tournament, but still will have no impact on her ability to guest play with a different team in an NTSSA sponsored tournament.

[Insert unintelligible comment from Medicine Man about poor Suzy Q and bait-and-switch here...]

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 19/10/17, 01:36 pm

The recreational soccer player has to pay select fees now BW unless he has a good contract attorney.

You are good at what you do...BW probably one of the best at it.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5