2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Yesterday at 06:39 pm

» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Yesterday at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Yesterday at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C 09/12/17, 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory 09/12/17, 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166036 messages in 20897 subjects

Question for the seasoned parents

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Lefty on 09/10/17, 10:08 am

Medicine Man wrote:The old switch and bait tactic keeps on a keepon on...I see it every weekend new faces roster changes little Suzy poor girl she's getting a taste of the real world at 10.

Not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with vague posts such as this?

If just venting, then fine, hope it works to relieve some of your frustration.

If you want some traction, reaction or change then step up to the plate and name names.
. Club
. Team
. Coach

Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 940
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 09/10/17, 02:38 pm

That's your job Lefty to let the people know that not all coaches use the bait and switch tactic enlighten us on coaches that don't ....poor little Suzy didn't know.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Lefty on 09/10/17, 03:37 pm

Medicine Man wrote:That's your job Lefty to let the people know that not all coaches use the bait and switch tactic enlighten us on coaches that don't ....poor little Suzy didn't know.

Sorry, not my job.

Yes it is unfortunate that her parents failed her.


Lefty
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 940
Points : 4091
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 09/10/17, 03:42 pm

It is u fortunate the coach lied to the parents Lefty. Now Suzy sits on the bench confidence shattered.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by soccertard on 09/10/17, 05:52 pm

Simple way to get out of all of this. Encourage Suzy to be a massive distraction at the games and practices. Spit on coaches and players in practices. Flip off kids during the games. And find...the coaches car, empty the tires, and stick a banana in the tailpipe.

You have to get bat shit crazy. Then they will release you with pleasure.
avatar
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 175
Points : 587
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Axel Foley on 09/10/17, 07:40 pm

soccertard wrote:And find...the coaches car....and stick a banana in the tailpipe.

My personal favorite! cheers
avatar
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 81
Points : 469
Join date : 2016-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 09/10/17, 07:50 pm

I'm sure the coach is sleeping like a baby tonight knowing his electric bill is paid.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by BigErn on 09/10/17, 09:21 pm

BigBoy --

I wouldn't normally address this mess of a conversation you've spun up, but you've shown such steadfastness with this whole "bait and switch tactic" thing that I thought I'd add this ...

It seems you don't know this, but when coaches are making assessments and rounding out their teams prior to signing, they don't know what's going to happen after the first match their team plays together, let alone months later ... Given the direction that this thread has been going, I think it's worth saying that coaches aren't psychics.  If your kid is playing in LHGCL she's in a competitive environment.  She may have stood out the last week of tryouts and started a few games in a preseason tourney, then struggled and is now sitting the majority of each match.  Rosters and team dynamics are situationally fluid.  If this kid is sitting, it likely has nothing to do with the "ethics" of the coach, even if she's having playing time taken by a guest player.  This is just the nature of a competitive environment, and could be viewed as a valuable life lesson.

And I can confidently say that if this is a professional coach you're referring to as the "liar", he or she did not say the words, "she would be playing" or "will not be replaced" to either mom or child.

So, I guess that's the assessment I can take from that (I think you meant to ask a question there, but based on your record here, who knows).

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 489
Points : 1694
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by TatonkaBurger on 10/10/17, 09:20 am

There is only one question that needs to be asked ,, how do we get the Admin to kick BBB off again?
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1111
Points : 2960
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by soccertard on 10/10/17, 10:01 am

No need to censor him. It's entertaining.
avatar
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 175
Points : 587
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Cleansheets on 10/10/17, 11:17 am

No, it's annoying and his "bait and switch" shtick is tired.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1068
Points : 2940
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 10/10/17, 11:40 am

He slept like.a baby last night not too worried Bout little Suzy who's confidence is mud.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Holly Hunter on 11/10/17, 03:05 pm

BigErn wrote:BigBoy --

I wouldn't normally address this mess of a conversation you've spun up, but you've shown such steadfastness with this whole "bait and switch tactic" thing that I thought I'd add this ...

It seems you don't know this, but when coaches are making assessments and rounding out their teams prior to signing, they don't know what's going to happen after the first match their team plays together, let alone months later ... Given the direction that this thread has been going, I think it's worth saying that coaches aren't psychics.  If your kid is playing in LHGCL she's in a competitive environment.  She may have stood out the last week of tryouts and started a few games in a preseason tourney, then struggled and is now sitting the majority of each match.  Rosters and team dynamics are situationally fluid.  If this kid is sitting, it likely has nothing to do with the "ethics" of the coach, even if she's having playing time taken by a guest player.  This is just the nature of a competitive environment, and could be viewed as a valuable life lesson.

And I can confidently say that if this is a professional coach you're referring to as the "liar", he or she did not say the words, "she would be playing" or "will not be replaced" to either mom or child.

So, I guess that's the assessment I can take from that (I think you meant to ask a question there, but based on your record here, who knows).

Professionl coach? There's professional coaches in this league? I wouldn't say liar, more like a used car salesman.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 164
Points : 1320
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by BigErn on 11/10/17, 03:10 pm

Holly Hunter wrote:
BigErn wrote:BigBoy --

I wouldn't normally address this mess of a conversation you've spun up, but you've shown such steadfastness with this whole "bait and switch tactic" thing that I thought I'd add this ...

It seems you don't know this, but when coaches are making assessments and rounding out their teams prior to signing, they don't know what's going to happen after the first match their team plays together, let alone months later ... Given the direction that this thread has been going, I think it's worth saying that coaches aren't psychics.  If your kid is playing in LHGCL she's in a competitive environment.  She may have stood out the last week of tryouts and started a few games in a preseason tourney, then struggled and is now sitting the majority of each match.  Rosters and team dynamics are situationally fluid.  If this kid is sitting, it likely has nothing to do with the "ethics" of the coach, even if she's having playing time taken by a guest player.  This is just the nature of a competitive environment, and could be viewed as a valuable life lesson.

And I can confidently say that if this is a professional coach you're referring to as the "liar", he or she did not say the words, "she would be playing" or "will not be replaced" to either mom or child.

So, I guess that's the assessment I can take from that (I think you meant to ask a question there, but based on your record here, who knows).

Professionl coach?  There's professional coaches in this league?  I wouldn't say liar, more like a used car salesman.

Ouch ...  ^ attempting to read this is like watching a train derailment.

BigErn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 489
Points : 1694
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 11/10/17, 03:12 pm

BigE got to sell himself to pay his electric bill. He's the finance guy that you talk.to after the used car salesman saying I got a great deal.for you Suzy. Let me show you.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by soccer1010mom on 18/10/17, 09:27 am

soccertard you are funny. horrible, but funny. Smile

soccer1010mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 67
Join date : 2017-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 18/10/17, 09:50 am

The term team is Dead. DOA.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 18/10/17, 10:08 am

I don't know why teams are marketed anymore. It should just be a pool of players like other platforms that would make more since than having all these dual rosters CPP.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Confirming Something About Release to Recreational Soccer

Post by SoccerDad75070 on 18/10/17, 01:27 pm

Hello All,

Our daughter is in transition from a select club and has the Release to Recreational Soccer from NTSSA. So, she is training with different teams to get the know the girls, coaches, etc. She has been asked to guest in a non NTSSA league and in upcoming tournaments.

Can a player guest with more than one team in the process and does this affect the release in any way?

Thanks!

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 636
Join date : 2016-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Guest on 18/10/17, 01:56 pm

Can a player guest with more than one team in the process - YES

and does this affect the release in any way? - NO

Just need the proper paperwork, and make sure that you are truly only guest playing - i.e. when you say she is being asked to play in a non-NTSSA league, make sure it's as a guest player, and she isn't being added to a US Club roster.  If she's added to a US Club roster for league play, that could impact her ability to guest play with other teams in a US Club sponsored tournament, but still will have no impact on her ability to guest play with a different team in an NTSSA sponsored tournament.



[Insert unintelligible comment from Medicine Man about poor Suzy Q and bait-and-switch here...]

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 18/10/17, 06:57 pm

......BW knows all the tricks of the trade. Greasy car salesman.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Guest on 18/10/17, 08:13 pm

Knowledge is empowerment...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by SoccerDad75070 on 19/10/17, 01:30 pm

Thanks BW

bwgophers wrote:Can a player guest with more than one team in the process - YES

and does this affect the release in any way? - NO

Just need the proper paperwork, and make sure that you are truly only guest playing - i.e. when you say she is being asked to play in a non-NTSSA league, make sure it's as a guest player, and she isn't being added to a US Club roster.  If she's added to a US Club roster for league play, that could impact her ability to guest play with other teams in a US Club sponsored tournament, but still will have no impact on her ability to guest play with a different team in an NTSSA sponsored tournament.



[Insert unintelligible comment from Medicine Man about poor Suzy Q and bait-and-switch here...]

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 636
Join date : 2016-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for the seasoned parents

Post by Medicine Man on 19/10/17, 01:36 pm

The recreational soccer player has to pay select fees now BW unless he has a good contract attorney.

You are good at what you do...BW probably one of the best at it.

__________________________________________________
I been naughty! santa
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 292
Points : 376
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum