2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Winter Cup 26-28th Jan The Colony
by Triumph FC Today at 09:37 am

» Dallas Texans Williams - Looking to Add a few '10's
by dt08dallas Today at 09:35 am

by Triumph FC Today at 09:35 am

» Sting Dallas 2011 Weigelt
by sting08 Today at 09:33 am

» Winter Cup 26-28 Jan The Colony
by Triumph FC Today at 09:33 am

» New team experienced players!
by soccermomntx Today at 08:36 am

» Spring Season
by soccergodntx Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Michael Brown Schedule?
by boflc Yesterday at 10:22 pm

» U7 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 02:19 pm

» TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - February 1-4, 2018
by U90C Yesterday at 02:13 pm

by Triumph FC Yesterday at 02:10 pm

» Sting Dallas Saldivar 2010G opportunities!!
by psaldivar Yesterday at 01:07 pm

» Mutiny/Solar merge?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 12:50 pm

» Sting 08 West Khan Team Looking
by Khan8Girls Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» New Club Forming-Multiple Locations in DFW-DA+
by Hang1053 Yesterday at 11:39 am

» New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 10:24 am

» Liverpool 09 girls (frisco - colony)
by LP_Elite Yesterday at 09:05 am

» 08 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 08:50 am

» 07 Girls Teams - U90C Spring Kickoff (Feb. 1-4)
by U90C Yesterday at 08:45 am

by Triumph FC Yesterday at 08:34 am

by Triumph FC Yesterday at 08:34 am

by Triumph FC Yesterday at 07:17 am

» NTX CELTIC 2010 and 2011 Girls(FM,HV,LEWI,COPP)
by FusionFC2011 Yesterday at 12:02 am

» D'Feeters 2011/2010 G looking for players
by CodeRed 17/01/18, 10:23 pm

» Looking for GK - Sting West 08
by stingwest08 17/01/18, 07:33 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11496 registered users
The newest registered user is CodeRed

Our users have posted a total of 166828 messages in 21053 subjects

FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017

Post by Flash on 07/12/17, 10:09 am

Although it would be nice to see some of the more experienced coaches focus on the Academy ranks, it certainly appears that the demands on a coach's time at the Select level makes it very tough. Perhaps having these coaches take one less select team and always work with at least one Academy group for a club would be the best for development or players (and younger coaches).

Flash
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 07/12/17, 10:21 am

Flash wrote:Although it would be nice to see some of the more experienced coaches focus on the Academy ranks, it certainly appears that the demands on a coach's time at the Select level makes it very tough.  Perhaps having these coaches take one less select team and always work with at least one Academy group for a club would be the best for development or players (and younger coaches).  

What is best for players and development and best for a coaches wallet is generally not the same thing.

Coaches make much more money with a select team.  Given fairly equal time demands, which would most choose?  Plus tick an academy parent off, they leave today, tick a select parent off, they generally stuck until next contract time.  Right or wrong, coaches have more freedom in Select with regards to position, and on PT of players, less chance players leave mid year.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACNova09 on 07/12/17, 11:01 am

Does JM not get any consideration for one of the best coaches out there? I've known the man for quite some time and what he does here in the south is nothing short of amazing.

ACNova09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho on 07/12/17, 11:02 am

Flash wrote:Although it would be nice to see some of the more experienced coaches focus on the Academy ranks, it certainly appears that the demands on a coach's time at the Select level makes it very tough.  Perhaps having these coaches take one less select team and always work with at least one Academy group for a club would be the best for development or players (and younger coaches).  
Skill set plays into it as well. Some coaches don't have the temperament the academy players or just don't relate well so they focus on what ages they are good at.
President Camacho
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash on 07/12/17, 11:18 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:can someone enlighten me on the "right way" to play soccer? asking for a friend....

Serious question though.

That statement goes with the rest of those key words or phrases that sound great from coaches and validating to parents.

like..."I focus on development, the right way to play, we play a Barcelona style of soccer, we will work on possession and working the ball from the back, the best kids will get PT, hard work is rewarded"....etc.

until that tournament or tough rival game comes up.

I always enjoy coaches that are "focused on development" and the "long-term picture" who seem to always have new players and everyone on the roster is born between January-March. Must be just a coincidence.
Flash
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash on 07/12/17, 11:27 am

NoSpinZone wrote:

What is best for players and development and best for a coaches wallet is generally not the same thing.

Coaches make much more money with a select team.  Given fairly equal time demands, which would most choose?  Plus tick an academy parent off, they leave today, tick a select parent off, they generally stuck until next contract time.  Right or wrong, coaches have more freedom in Select with regards to position, and on PT of players, less chance players leave mid year.

Good point. Sometimes I forget that coaches actually need to make a living and might be motivated by more than just "the love of the game." ... tossing my rose-tinted glasses in the trash now...
Flash
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on 07/12/17, 11:40 am

ACNova09 wrote:Does JM not get any consideration for one of the best coaches out there? I've known the man for quite some time and what he does here in the south is nothing short of amazing.
Absolutely. Right up there at the top. Wink
PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on 07/12/17, 12:12 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:

E's list is certainly one person's opinion. There are some on this list I've seen for several years now that I wouldn't trust with my DD's development.There are several variables to a coaches effectiveness with players. What works for certain players, does not work with others.

IF US Soccer really wanted to make an impact on development with the DA program, the u-littles is exactly where they should focus these top coaches. Supplement the best coaches pay at u6-u13, so that kids can learn the game at an earlier age, and coaches aren't worried about Suzy leaving and taking her wallet with her. As they get older, the DA should shrink in size in the number of participants. Allowing the cream to rise to the top. But that's a topic for another day.
PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

ACNova09 wrote:Does JM not get any consideration for one of the best coaches out there? I've known the man for quite some time and what he does here in the south is nothing short of amazing.

ABSOLUTELY ACNova ... I must admit I screwed up there --

JM certainly belongs on this list ... that dude can coach circles around most!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socc-It-To-Me on 14/12/17, 09:54 am

Anyone have any thoughts on whether the Rush Elite team is (1) just a typical #1 team for the age group, as every age group obviously has a #1 team, or (2) more of an exceptional team that only comes around once every 5 or 10 years?

Socc-It-To-Me
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 14/12/17, 10:07 am

NewbSoccer wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on whether the Rush Elite team is (1) just a typical #1 team for the age group, as every age group obviously has a #1 team, or (2) more of an exceptional team that only comes around once every 5 or 10 years?

Typical: 03s had SRSA, 04 had RASE, not sure on 05s, 06s had Selecao(prior to age change), 07s had a few teams that compete up(will draw some fire there). 08s have a couple good ones playing up.

The top team in each age group can compete with all but top few of the year up. So, nothing THAT special. Just a quick gotsoccer look.. and they lost 4-1 to Texans 08s lost to couple Sting 08s and Solar 08 teams. Top 09 team for sure, but nothing that special for top team in age group. I would even argue they aren't as special as 03 SRSA, 04 RASE or 06 Selecao, but that is very subjective.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JonSneauxTargaryen on 14/12/17, 10:36 am

I thinks it’s too early to call...
I have yet to see them play and didn’t see much SRSA but RASE couldn’t be kept up with in Academy as much as I hate to say that. They had shooters from front to back, speed, and skill as well as a great coach.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 14/12/17, 04:12 pm

NewbSoccer wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on whether the Rush Elite team is (1) just a typical #1 team for the age group, as every age group obviously has a #1 team, or (2) more of an exceptional team that only comes around once every 5 or 10 years?

Generally, the handful of "special" teams throughout the years were able to compete well (and even often beat) the top 2 or 3 teams a year older. As of right now, I don't think Rush is on that level. They'd be more likely to slot in as, say, a top 6 team a year up (which is typical for a #1 team) rather than a top 2 team a year up.
No shame in that, though. It's a great team and I really LOVE the way they play. GV has them playing some extremely attractive soccer.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum