Latest topics
SuperCopa Today at 12:00 amnTxsoccRfan
Solar 09B Vargas [Confirmed D1 Bye]Yesterday at 11:33 pmSolar SC- Vargas
Solar 08B Vargas [Confirmed D1 Bye]Yesterday at 11:30 pmSolar SC- Vargas
D3 Solar West Boys DonnellyYesterday at 11:22 pmSsc03bd
SOLAR WEST 04B - Open Tryouts - Classic D2 Yesterday at 11:19 pmSsc03bd
Frisco Storm 04G: New Player AdditionsYesterday at 11:09 pmFriscoStorm04G
Solar 05G Covey LHGCL D1 and NPLYesterday at 11:07 pmskipper
Evolution 06G/Grapevine/southlake- 2-3 more players neededYesterday at 10:54 pmCoach Matt Evo
08 GK ready to move upYesterday at 10:52 pmtbbucsfan96
FC Dallas Central '09G - Looking for 1 Plyr - Classic LevelYesterday at 10:31 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Whats new in the 2009B world?Yesterday at 10:20 pmGolaso09
McKinney United 07G McKinney and Frisco Yesterday at 10:06 pmmikecorich
Next Season SpeculationYesterday at 10:01 pmLiverpoolDad
Frisco Storm 05G Open PracticesYesterday at 09:56 pmFriscostorm
07 Keeper Looking for Team in Richardson/Plano areaYesterday at 09:55 pmmikecorich
FCD Central 07G - 1st place last 2 Tourney - Classic ByeYesterday at 09:54 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Renegades North 09G' Blanton - Open Practices Yesterday at 09:50 pmtareyncarol
Fort Worth Thunder 08/09 team - Puedo hablar españolYesterday at 09:33 pmjgarcia303030
Solar 06G Fiaschetti - Open Practice/Training SessionsYesterday at 09:27 pmOneOnOne
Solar 08G Williams White w/LH D1 Bye looking for playersYesterday at 09:20 pmoddsquad
WILL YOU BE THE ONE !!Yesterday at 09:18 pmBesserwisser
Villarreal NTX 09 GirlsYesterday at 09:11 pmSiml16
Coppell FC 09 BoysYesterday at 08:58 pmCoppellFC_REvans
Coppell FC 07G - Open PracticesYesterday at 08:57 pmCoppellFC_REvans
Solar 06G East BoylesYesterday at 08:48 pmThe Dean
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13434 registered users
The newest registered user is Siml16

Our users have posted a total of 190957 messages in 26359 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by BoKnows on 20/03/19, 03:08 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:
BoKnows wrote:
JukusHakeem wrote:Like you said - "In your opinion" " and "a lot of the parents" - you forgot to add "on his teams".

I know him well. I have personally experienced the lack of integrity and the recruiting and chose not to be a part of it. IMO I didn't want to be part of that and labeled as such.
It is not about playing or not playing, starting or not starting ( not sure where that even came from unless you are fishing for the reason of the latest departure of a long time Allg 07 player- maybe we should ask his parents if they agree w you) , it is about the unethical "play for free" poaching and public boasting about "passing" but then resort to kick ball to try to win  " but winning doesn't matter".  

Maybe the parents of his teams need to meet with him, so you guys can get your stories straight.


So I don't need your offer to experience what I already have and know.

For this to stop it is simple:
Stop acting like Allegiance is the only team that passes.
Stop saying winning doesn't matter when it clearly does to some degree.
Stop  recruiting signed players and offering them free rides ( that will never happen as long as you're scared to develop less talented players)
Stop posting BS videos and saying "it was for the kids".
Stop acting like the soccer community doesn't know about Allegiance, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Just be humble and do your thing.

You don’t know him AT ALL. See how that works out, I’ve said it so it must be true.

You’ve heard one side of the story from one set of parents and you think that’s gospel truth?  LOL. Is that the same player who was hurt and hadn’t played for almost a year and was adapting to the way the team had changed since he last played?  That’s your source?  BTW, that guy was a horrible sideline coach.

Winning matters ....that’s why Pedro is developing his kids differently than any other NTX coach or team. Allegiance isn’t the only team that passes, they just do it more consistently than any other team. Deal with it.
Recruiting signed players....PROVE IT!  If you can’t then you’re just whining.
Unless you control what comes from Pedro, I’m sure he will post whatever he wants, doesn’t matter how it makes you feel or how you perceive it. Furthermore, I’m not sure anyone cares what you say about that. If you say it’s boasting or bragging, that’s ok.  Allegiance isn’t the perfect team, but it’s MUCH BETTER than you’d have it sound.

This has to be PEDRO because any parent that happens to be this deeply involved and that emotional has major issues or is possibly his maid!

One set of parents?  That's my source?
You can't read? Never said I talked to his parents nor do I know why he left.
I don't know his parents but I guess since your the coach, you do which is why you added that info!!! Opps!
Or if you are in fact  a parent and your BB is not that team, then that explains even more about you, that you would say that about another parent in the same club that isn't on your team! Now that is something the other parents should be worried about.

Prove it?
You want my text messages? and I know 2 others that have some too!! I also know 4 coaches who said it happen to players on their team.

Done-
Good Luck Coach!

[quote="JukusHakeem"]
BoKnows wrote:
JukusHakeem wrote:Like you said - "In your opinion" " and "a lot of the parents" - you forgot to add "on his teams".

I know him well. I have personally experienced the lack of integrity and the recruiting and chose not to be a part of it. IMO I didn't want to be part of that and labeled as such.
It is not about playing or not playing, starting or not starting ( not sure where that even came from unless you are fishing for the reason of the latest departure of a long time Allg 07 player- maybe we should ask his parents if they agree w you) , it is about the unethical "play for free" poaching and public boasting about "passing" but then resort to kick ball to try to win  " but winning doesn't matter".  

Maybe the parents of his teams need to meet with him, so you guys can get your stories straight.


So I don't need your offer to experience what I already have and know.

For this to stop it is simple:
Stop acting like Allegiance is the only team that passes.
Stop saying winning doesn't matter when it clearly does to some degree.
Stop  recruiting signed players and offering them free rides ( that will never happen as long as you're scared to develop less talented players)
Stop posting BS videos and saying "it was for the kids".
Stop acting like the soccer community doesn't know about Allegiance, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Just be humble and do your thing.

You don’t know him AT ALL. See how that works out, I’ve said it so it must be true.

You’ve heard one side of the story from one set of parents and you think that’s gospel truth?  LOL. Is that the same player who was hurt and hadn’t played for almost a year and was adapting to the way the team had changed since he last played?  That’s your source?  BTW, that guy was a horrible sideline coach.

Winning matters ....that’s why Pedro is developing his kids differently than any other NTX coach or team. Allegiance isn’t the only team that passes, they just do it more consistently than any other team. Deal with it.
Recruiting signed players....PROVE IT!  If you can’t then you’re just whining.
Unless you control what comes from Pedro, I’m sure he will post whatever he wants, doesn’t matter how it makes you feel or how you perceive it. Furthermore, I’m not sure anyone cares what you say about that. If you say it’s boasting or bragging, that’s ok.  Allegiance isn’t the perfect team, but it’s MUCH BETTER than you’d have it sound.


I know I’m NOT talking to a coach because your knowledge of soccer and soccer affairs is severely lacking.

You never said you DIDN'T talk to the parents either, so, I’ll learn to read and you learn to write.

Don’t worry about what happens on our team or what the parents think ...I mean that...don’t worry so you won’t come on this forum griping like a little school girl who didn’t get invited to the dance because Allegiance posted this video but didn’t post all of it.

And, yes, come and show me the text messages, pull your panties up and show me.

You are done because you have NOTHING but unsubstantiated claims and a worthless opinion likened to cheap jr. high  gossip. You know where to find me.

BoKnows
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by JukusHakeem on 20/03/19, 03:37 pm

I'll give you this, you are much better at coaching than writing a convincing statement or argument, or even a defense, and your even worse at disguising yourself.

You wrote the text messages, so pull them up on your phone!!

If you don't want people talking about you, your team, or your parents, then stop with all "we are best" "no one does it like us" "NTX soccer sucks except us" "we pass and no one else does".
If you choose to draw the attention, be big enough to accept what comes with it.

No need to refer to you as a female ( good try though) , but come to think of it, never seen you with one.

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 47
Points : 437
Join date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by BoKnows on 20/03/19, 03:44 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:I'll give you this, you are much better at coaching than writing a convincing statement or argument, or even a defense, and your even worse at disguising yourself.

You wrote the text messages, so pull them up on your phone!!

If you don't want people talking about you, your team, or your parents, then stop with all "we are best" "no one does it like us" "NTX soccer sucks except us" "we pass and no one else does".
If you choose to draw the attention, be big enough to accept what comes with it.

No need to refer to you as a female ( good try though) , but come to think of it, never seen you with one.

LOL!  You think I’m Pedro?  Or are you trying to make people THINK this is Pedro posting?  Man...I told you...COME TO THE SIDE LINES!  What else do you need? Or better yet, put on your ruffled panties and come to practice tonight. I’ll be there. Want the address so you can show me your little text messages?

BTW, since you brought it up, who else plays like Allegiance in NTX?

BoKnows
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 375
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Seed on 21/03/19, 01:01 am

I love it, for about 30 posts it was "ask the parents" and now its "have a sideline sit down with Pedro". What a joke. Maybe you should change those Chasing Greatness shirts to Chasing Gratis, seems more fitting.

I am intrigued with a potential Jukus/Pedro PPV boxing event down there at the throw'n hands gym though, with the proceeds benefitting the children of course, since they are the reason we argue with 14 seperate profiles of Pedro on local message boards.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 307
Join date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Pepito on 21/03/19, 08:16 am

Seed wrote:I love it, for about 30 posts it was "ask the parents" and now its "have a sideline sit down with Pedro". What a joke. Maybe you should change those Chasing Greatness shirts to Chasing Gratis, seems more fitting.

I am intrigued with a potential Jukus/Pedro PPV boxing event down there at the throw'n hands gym though, with the proceeds benefitting the children of course, since they are the reason we argue with 14 seperate profiles of Pedro on local message boards.    

"Chasing Gratis", now that's hilarious.  Realistically, the Allegiance white teams are bankrolling the "handouts".

Pepito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 406
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by New2competitive on 21/03/19, 08:37 am

^^

That alligence white team is not too bad actually, I seen them play and they play pretty well, they just lack aggression when it comes to attacking when going for a goal. I'm not sure why, they will put a nice string of plays together and then continue to pass when in striking distance.


New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 152
Join date : 2019-02-12

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Dwight on 21/03/19, 09:48 am

JukusHakeem wrote:I'll give you this, you are much better at coaching than writing a convincing statement or argument, or even a defense, and your even worse at disguising yourself.

You wrote the text messages, so pull them up on your phone!!

If you don't want people talking about you, your team, or your parents, then stop with all "we are best" "no one does it like us" "NTX soccer sucks except us" "we pass and no one else does".
If you choose to draw the attention, be big enough to accept what comes with it.

No need to refer to you as a female ( good try though) , but come to think of it, never seen you with one.

Just post the screen shots of your messages. No need to meet up anywhere, since you seem to be scared, do it from the comfort of your chair, hiding behind your keyboard and monitor. That way you can prove your point. It's that simple
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 430
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Seed on 22/03/19, 12:50 am

Dwight wrote:
JukusHakeem wrote:I'll give you this, you are much better at coaching than writing a convincing statement or argument, or even a defense, and your even worse at disguising yourself.

You wrote the text messages, so pull them up on your phone!!

If you don't want people talking about you, your team, or your parents, then stop with all "we are best" "no one does it like us" "NTX soccer sucks except us" "we pass and no one else does".
If you choose to draw the attention, be big enough to accept what comes with it.

No need to refer to you as a female ( good try though) , but come to think of it, never seen you with one.

Just post the screen shots of your messages.  No need to meet up anywhere, since you seem to be scared, do it from the comfort of your chair, hiding behind your keyboard and monitor.  That way you can prove your point. It's that simple

Dwigt, classic reverse psychology there "since you seem to be scared" or "do it from the comfort of your own chair" or "hiding behind your keyboard and monitor" (I appreciate you including monitor, most folks just say keyboard forgetting the monitor which is a very important part of this process). Just one question, how can you verify with screenshots and the names blocked out that they are legit? I just want to make sure that you get what you need, that we all know exists, so that it might stop this back and forth.


Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 307
Join date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by factsmatter on 22/03/19, 03:19 am

I don't have a dog in the hunt (as my kid is an 07 player),  but I know several facts for sure that I can share:

1. I didn't see the game, but it only took a quick google search to find the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJLQsC5FwHM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2but71cnN27L0rH07PfylmZ5k-96yRuZtuX9xR4VkFbAPOeZ_HyuCF3HQ

2. I personally know the FCD DA player that recently transferred. Great family. I've recently had a conversation with his parents about the move to Allegiance and why. The primary reasons they moved him to Allegiance was due to logistics and the fact that they were unhappy in the FCD DA program. The kid was playing up on the U12 DA at FCD. The experience there was not what they expected, and they felt their kid was losing his passion and confidence playing up an age group at that level. There were other issues at play with playing time and position.... but ultimately the simple answer is the left for what they believe was a better situation for their kid. They chose Pedro because his coaching style is very similar to what the kid was used to back with his old club (Houston Dynamo). Also they live in the Keller area and logistically Pedro is just more convenient (Not really sure where exactly Allegiance trains).

3. Scholarship - Honestly, I don't know enough to confirm if the transfer player ever received a scholarship from Pedro, but I'll just assume he did.  Why? I would assume it's because the kid is really good player, and the fact that FC Dallas' DA program is entirely free. 100%. To insinuate that Pedro's offer of a scholarship was an incentive for a player to choose his team is just ridiculous, as he would have been paying no fees with FCD DA.

4. This transfer player's older brother is in fact not playing for Allegiance's 07 team. The older brother is actually an 06 player, that continues to play with his 06 FCD team. Knowing this, we can say for certain that the 08 transfer kid did't join Pedro's team so that his older brother would be given a spot on Allegiance 07 as someone here states...smh

5. Congrats to Solar McKinney. Sounds like they took care of business and won a very tough game. Both teams should learn a ton from this game. Two great coaches, and similar styles.


Last edited by factsmatter on 23/03/19, 01:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 77
Points : 588
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 on 22/03/19, 08:43 am

Looks like there are some good match ups this weekend. Any predictions?

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 99
Points : 747
Join date : 2017-11-29

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Texans08dude on 22/03/19, 04:57 pm

The dude says the rain shall win 1-nil
Texans08dude
Texans08dude
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 468
Join date : 2018-03-08

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 04:03 pm

Good stuff today. Liverpool played against the team their old keeper went to and beat them 2-1. What that team is doing without a true goalkeeper, and their best player in goal is pretty amazing. Thats one of the top 3 teams in my opinion.

Fcd suarez got a first hand look at the new DA players Pedro has playing for him. Impressive tie for allegiance. Suarez dropping 2 points makes classic leage championship solar’s to lose now. Kicks narrow win against solar ackerson was strange

Anyone have any feedback on the games?

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 138
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by FATHER2ASUN on 23/03/19, 05:16 pm

I watched the McKinney v Gonzalez game. Solar started out slow, but controlled the game with FCD only having a couple of chances at the net. Has Kicks really fallen off that much, did they lose players? Last summer they were going gangbusters, and now are having a hard time holding off mid-level teams.

I would love to get color on the Suarez game if anyone has any. How did Allegiance play?

FATHER2ASUN
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 115
Join date : 2019-02-26

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 08:04 pm

It’s quite possible that Kicks were never that great to start with. I mean, I’m sure they are still a very good team, but everyone seems to talk about how inconsistent they are. They went undefeated this fall, but that’s probably because they didn’t play any great teams. Now that they are facing better teams, the losses and ties are starting to come in. I’ve never seen them perform well in BIG tournaments. They weren’t invited to SuperCopa the last 2 years. They have only won small tournaments like target cup, etc. Maybe they aren’t who we thought they were

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 138
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 23/03/19, 09:08 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:It’s quite possible that Kicks were never that great to start with.  I mean, I’m sure they are still a very good team, but everyone seems to talk about how inconsistent they are. They went undefeated this fall, but that’s probably because they didn’t play any great teams.  Now that they are facing better teams, the losses and ties are starting to come in. I’ve never seen them perform well in BIG tournaments. They weren’t invited to SuperCopa the last 2 years.  They have only won small tournaments like target cup, etc.  Maybe they aren’t who we thought they were

The Kicks are just as good as advertised. Inconsistent. But so are the other “top” teams. The only top team that has set themselves apart this year would be Solar McKinney, but even that is splitting hairs if we are just looking at results because they have two losses to FCD Suarez. You mention Supercopa invites as if there were 5 other teams currently playing Classic league that were picked over the Kicks? The only other teams currently playing in Classic that have received Supercopa invites previously were Solar Mckinney, Liverpool Ackerson (Now Solar), and Texans Salazar. The Kicks lost to McKinney, but beat Ackerson and Salazar. The previous two years the field of top teams was much deeper prior to the exodus of top players to DA. So getting into the Supercopa was not a walk in the park last year or the year prior.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 416
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by New2competitive on 23/03/19, 09:20 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
strokeMEgood wrote:It’s quite possible that Kicks were never that great to start with.  I mean, I’m sure they are still a very good team, but everyone seems to talk about how inconsistent they are. They went undefeated this fall, but that’s probably because they didn’t play any great teams.  Now that they are facing better teams, the losses and ties are starting to come in. I’ve never seen them perform well in BIG tournaments. They weren’t invited to SuperCopa the last 2 years.  They have only won small tournaments like target cup, etc.  Maybe they aren’t who we thought they were

The Kicks are just as good as advertised. Inconsistent. But so are the other “top” teams. The only top team that has set themselves apart this year would be Solar McKinney, but even that is splitting hairs if we are just looking at results because they have two losses to FCD Suarez. You mention Supercopa invites as if there were 5 other teams currently playing Classic league that were picked over the Kicks? The only other teams currently playing in Classic that have received Supercopa invites previously were Solar Mckinney, Liverpool Ackerson (Now Solar), and Texans Salazar. The Kicks lost to McKinney, but beat Ackerson and Salazar. The previous two years the field of top teams was much deeper prior to the exodus of top players to DA. So getting into the Supercopa was not a walk in the park last year or the year prior.

Agree with this, I seen his kids play and they may not be as crafty with the ball as some of these other teams, but they work extremely well together.

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 152
Join date : 2019-02-12

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 09:44 pm

As good as advertised? Really?? Who have the kicks beat? Ackerson isn’t nearly as strong as they were last year, so that’s not a huge win. The other true top teams have big ties/wins against top teams. Liverpool Heighway has 2 big ties against kicks and suarez (and that’s without a goalkeeper. Anyone who has watched this team would probably agree those games may have been wins if they had a keeper). Suarez handed solar McKinney their ONLY loss of the season AND beat kicks 3-1. Those are signature games that put those teams in the discussion for being top teams. So again I ask, who have kicks really beaten? They haven’t beaten solar McKinney, suarez, or Liverpool. And depending on next weeks game against Allegiance, Kicks COULD actually end up finishing 4th in D1. After posting a 9-0 fall record, that kinda proves they had a soft fall schedule, and were not as strong as everyone thought they were. I am not saying they are not good. They clearly are a good team. But if you step back and take an objective look, they have no significant victories, tournament championships, etc


Last edited by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 138
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 on 23/03/19, 10:08 pm

SMG... Miyagi stayed on here before that he once saw kicks beat solar mckinney....7v7.... in a indoor league.... in frisco.... on a half field...2 years ago. Does that count? I think Miyagi said he Just happened to be passing by

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 407
Join date : 2018-06-23

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 10:53 pm

Miyagi, your defense of kicks not getting invited to SuperCopa the last 2 years isn’t very effective While it’s is true that 5 other D1 teams didn’t get invited, that’s probably because those teams didn’t really establish themselves 2 years ago. They became what they are now AFTER select signing day. But, 3 of those D1 teams were established and they got invited. (Salazar, McKinney, Ackerson). Kicks were already established back then and didn’t get the invites.
But I will agree with you that it was much tougher to get an invite the previous 2 years. Fortunately, they did play a very weak fall schedule, so they were invited this year.

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 138
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 23/03/19, 11:12 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:As good as advertised? Really?? Who have the kicks beat? Ackerson isn’t nearly as strong as they were last year, so that’s not a huge win. The other true top teams have big ties/wins against top teams.  Liverpool Heighway has 2 big ties against kicks and suarez (and that’s without a goalkeeper. Anyone who has watched this team would probably agree those games may have been wins if they had a keeper). Suarez handed solar McKinney their ONLY loss of the season AND beat kicks 3-1. Those are signature games that put those teams in the discussion for being top teams.   So again I ask, who have kicks really beaten?  They haven’t beaten solar McKinney, suarez, or Liverpool. And depending on next weeks game against Allegiance, Kicks COULD actually end up finishing 4th in D1. After posting a 9-0 fall record, that kinda proves they had a soft  fall schedule, and were not as strong as everyone thought they were. I am not saying they are not good. They clearly are a good team. But if you step back and take an objective look, they have no significant  victories, tournament championships, etc

If you look at the top teams, the only two with victories against other “top teams” are Mckinney and Suarez. If you are talking this year only, then Liverpool hasn’t beaten anyone either if that is your argument. If you are going back historically within the last year or so, the Kicks have victories against FCD Blue(now known as FCD Suarez), Liverpool Ackerson(prior to losing players to DA), and even a victory against Solar McKinney during last spring/summer prior to the Supercopa. So I ask, when has Liverpool ever beat those teams? You mention the Kicks playing a weak schedule as if all the teams aren’t playing each other? When the season is over, all of the teams will have played the same schedule. And as far as giving Liverpool brownie points for playing after losing their goalie, that’s part of the sport. The Kicks have had 3-4 different goalies within the last couple of years. One of them happens to be the starting goalie for McKinney.

On another note, even if the Kicks lose against Allegiance, which does look to be an improved team, the Kicks would still finish in 3rd place at worst. FCD Suarez deserves nothing less than a 2nd place finish as they were the only team to beat McKinney this year.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 416
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 23/03/19, 11:45 pm

Kicks have only 2 games remaining. If they lose against Allegiance, kicks can finish with 46 points.

Suarez has 3 games remaining and can potentially finish with 48 points.

Heighway has 3 games remaining and can finish with 47 points.

Solar McKinney has 3 games remaining and can potentially finish with 52 points

So as stated, kicks could finish 4th if they lose to Allegiance

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 138
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 23/03/19, 11:54 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:SMG... Miyagi stayed on here before that he once saw kicks beat solar mckinney....7v7.... in a indoor league.... in frisco.... on a half field...2 years ago.  Does that count?  I think Miyagi said he Just happened to be passing by

Funny. But they also beat them, on a full sized field, outdoors, a little less than a year ago, but I think I remember you having an excuse for that one?

lol!
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 416
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 23/03/19, 11:58 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:Kicks have only 2 games remaining. If they lose against Allegiance, kicks can finish with 46 points.  

Suarez has 3 games remaining and can potentially finish with 48 points.

Heighway has 3 games remaining and can finish with 47 points.

Solar McKinney has 3 games remaining and can potentially finish with 52 points

So as stated, kicks could finish 4th if they lose to Allegiance

You are correct. For whatever reason I was looking at the wrong column for the Kicks record. I thought they had two draws and one loss. But they actually have two losses and one draw.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 416
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by FATHER2ASUN on 24/03/19, 01:57 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:SMG... Miyagi stayed on here before that he once saw kicks beat solar mckinney....7v7.... in a indoor league.... in frisco.... on a half field...2 years ago.  Does that count?  I think Miyagi said he Just happened to be passing by

Funny. But they also beat them, on a full sized field, outdoors, a little less than a year ago, but I think I remember you having an excuse for that one?

lol!

Yes Miyagi that's correct. Solar took 3 bad beats that tourney as they were incorporating in 3 new players. I think that they lost all of their games by a total of 3 goals, Kicks was much more aggressive in that game than they were in the CL game recently. That's why I was wondering if something had changed.

With regard to CL and total points, Solar needs to take care of business, that Juliao game at the end of the season will be a great fight. They seem to play McKinney tougher than their ranking.

FATHER2ASUN
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 115
Join date : 2019-02-26

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Cobra Kai on 24/03/19, 05:52 pm

Miyagi, I know the solar mckinney goalkeeper’s father personally. He said his son only guest played with the kicks for one tournament and for an indoor league. The only way you would know that he ever played for them is if you are in fact a kicks parent lol

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 209
Join date : 2018-12-04

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 24/03/19, 06:12 pm

Cobra Kai wrote:Miyagi, I know the solar mckinney goalkeeper’s father personally. He said his son only guest played with the kicks for one tournament and for an indoor league. The only way you would  know that he ever played for them is if you are in fact a kicks parent lol

Not so. My BB has some friends that play on that team, but he actually plays for one of the larger clubs. I also know a couple of parents that have kids on that team as well. So there would be no shame in claiming that my BB played for the Kicks if he in fact actually did. They have a nice team.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 416
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 20 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum