North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Parents Beware!!!! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Parents Beware!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Parents Beware!!!! Empty Parents Beware!!!!

Post by soccer 2014 27/03/19, 09:32 pm

LHGCSL has become a huge joke! If you think for one minute they care about your
childs well being think again!!! They continue to use ref's that are very under trained....
ONE BIG MONEY GRAB WITH VERY LITTLE LEADERSHIP! Play at your own risk Evil or Very Mad

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Parents Beware!!!! Empty Re: Parents Beware!!!!

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 27/03/19, 09:57 pm

It will be okay Snowflake.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 27/03/19, 10:03 pm

Far from it my friend!!!! No liberal here! Cool

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 27/03/19, 10:21 pm

Crazy,
After you pay 10k out of pocket for MRI,s and operation
you may change your stupid commits!!!!!

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 27/03/19, 10:48 pm

LoL i have and that crap can happen without Stupid Refs ....so stop crying.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 27/03/19, 11:10 pm

go away! if you cant have an intelligent conversation!
stop drinking the kool aid

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/19, 07:11 am

Looks like a couple of trump flakes fighting over who’s the bigger victim.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by McKinneyLocal 28/03/19, 07:17 am

(I have not seen video nor was I there.  I've only read a crap load of comments on this site and Facebook) If your player was the keeper that was hospitalized I'm sincerely sorry to hear that and hopefully she recovers and is able to return to play if that is what she wants.  No one should ever take pride or be anything but sympathetic to a youth player being injured.  That said... you can't honestly only blame the refs or league for the fight.  Could the refs have handled things differently?  Possibly from what I've read.  Could the coach have coached his players better and controlled his team better?  Yes.  Could the parents have raised their children better and taught them that there is never a reason to fight or attack someone in the GAME of soccer?  Absolutely.  If you feel so strongly that the refs were "undertrained" then by all means find a class and go take it.  There is a serious need for refs in North Texas that stems from youth referees quitting after a year or two after being constantly verbally abused by parents on the sideline who are experts at officiating but are too lazy to actually referee.  A lot of us have had players injured in the game and we do what we can to help prevent them.  Sadly it is part of youth sports.  However until parents step up and start to take responsibility for the actions that THEY have taught their players then I'll continue to make "commits" or as some call them... comments.

McKinneyLocal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 28/03/19, 07:26 am

??? Wow did not know someone was hospitalized????
What age group??? i guess my kid is blessed. Not knowing the details but that is sad..

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/19, 07:31 am

soccer 2014 wrote:go away! if you cant have an intelligent conversation!
stop drinking the kool aid

The elusive trump flake avoids intelligent conversation at all costs while also eluding its sworn enemy...facts.

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 28/03/19, 07:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by McKinneyLocal 28/03/19, 07:36 am

soccer 2014 wrote:??? Wow did not know someone was hospitalized????
What age group??? i guess my kid is blessed. Not knowing the details but that is sad..

Seriously?  Unless you are being sarcastic I'll have to assume you just coincidently posted trashing LHGCL since a referee called your princess Offside on her way to score when in your weather proof plastic bubble behind a crowd you clearly saw she was on from your seated position 40 yards away at an angle.  Have you not read the threads before yours?

McKinneyLocal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/19, 07:53 am

McKinneyLocal wrote:

Seriously?  Unless you are being sarcastic I'll have to assume you just coincidently posted trashing LHGCL since a referee called your princess Offside on her way to score when in your weather proof plastic bubble behind a crowd you clearly saw she was on from your seated position 40 yards away at an angle.  Have you not read the threads before yours?

The trumpflake is always focused on its self first and foremost. It prefers all attention good or bad be drawn to it while ignoring its surroundings.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/03/19, 08:27 am

McKinneyLocal wrote:

Hey McKinneyLocal - I don't think the issues are related

Not sure how you connected "LHGCSL has become a huge joke! If you think for one minute they care about your childs well being think again!!! They continue to use ref's that are very under trained" to the 02 fight posted in a completely different section (you were the only one to reference the fight on this thread).

The only common theme between the 2 posts is commentary on officiating, or rather, the lack of it.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by McKinneyLocal 28/03/19, 08:31 am

SickofStupidity wrote:

Not sure how you connected "LHGCSL has become a huge joke! If you think for one minute they care about your childs well being think again!!! They continue to use ref's that are very under trained" to the 02 fight posted in a completely different section (you were the only one to reference the fight on this thread).

The only common theme between the 2 posts is commentary on officiating, or rather, the lack of it.

You are right... it was my mistake. I mistakenly assumed that the complaints about refs were connected but I was wrong.

McKinneyLocal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 28/03/19, 08:44 am

McKinneyLocal wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

You are right... it was my mistake.  I mistakenly assumed that the complaints about refs were connected but I was wrong.

Oh, they are connected.  Just not in the way you thought.

Post after post after post commenting on terrible officiating.  It's like a broken record -

"refs suck"
"well if you think you can do better then you should get a license"

Saw a game last week.  Player A was aggressive on opposing player B.  Time and again, running from behind, pulling, elbows to the back, trips, most directly in front of the linesman.  Were they all fouls? no.  But some definitely were.  No calls made.  After about 15 minutes, player B had enough and shoved A back.  Linesman goes crazy, ref talks to both girls.  Can't really be surprised since you let it go on.  Player A then dialed it back - she knew she could push boundaries until the ref set the limits. It is what it is.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/03/19, 09:38 am

soccer 2014 wrote:LHGCSL has become a huge joke! If you think for one minute they care about your
childs well being think again!!! They continue to use ref's that are very under trained....
ONE BIG MONEY GRAB WITH VERY LITTLE LEADERSHIP! Play at your own risk Evil or Very Mad

What I have noticed over the years is that most refs seem to be exacting and focus on calling technical offenses (black & white decisions).  Things like ball out, corners, handball, keeper outside of box and (everyone's favorite) offside, vs the player on player (judgement calls) like pushing, pulling, tripping offenses.

Could be wanting to let the players establish the tone, not wanting to disrupt the flow of the game, lack of experience & confidence, or the reaction they get from players, coaches & parents whenever they make a player on player, how much is too much type judgement call, that causes them to shy away from making those calls.  

Everyone on both sides will complain when a push is called or not called.   Be it complaining 'it was not enough to call a foul', 'should have called a foul earlier', 'didn't mean to', 'let them play ref', 'protect the players' or 'play on'.

No one seems to complain as much about things like, 'she didn't mean to kick it out', 'the ball was only a couple of feet out', 'should have called it out earlier'.

We once had a wise old coach who told the girls that at the beginning of a game the ref may let it get too rough before calling player fouls, so be ready, and see where the ref settles on the level of physical play.  If it is too physical that it is dangerous, or more likely too inconsistent then I'll let you know when I feel we may need to ramp the physical play way up and take some tactical fouls in the middle of the field to get the ref actively engaged in the game.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 28/03/19, 10:16 am

The last few posts are right on point! the reason i stay away from this site is because of the silly trolls. Same people make uneducated replies to up post count.
My point was lake Highlands needs to hire more educated Refs (even if we have to pay a little more)
If that keeps one more kid from getting hurt worth every dime...

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/03/19, 10:37 am

soccer 2014 wrote:The last few posts are right on point! the reason i stay away from this site is because of the silly trolls. Same people make uneducated replies to up post count.
My point was lake Highlands needs to hire more educated Refs (even if we have to pay a little more)
If that keeps one more kid from getting hurt worth every dime...

Not sure that is the solution.  

The manager on one of our DD's team was an experienced sr level ref who was in his 40's. He indicated that he lets some things go early in the games to let the players establish the level of play and not disrupt the game unless something is over the top or dangerous.

He laughed when I told him the approach the coach on our older DD's team took and he said ' That usually works to get the ref to tone the game down'.  

The fix to your safety concerns may be the person you are paying every month who is standing on your sideline.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by McKinneyLocal 28/03/19, 10:42 am

If the "trolls" comment was directed at me my reply was partially a mistake associating your post with another current hot topic.  Not Trolling.  

However... on to your current comment about hiring more educated refs... from where?  I've heard as high as 84% of refs do not officiate a third year.  This is due to the young refs that cut their teeth in rec leagues and lower select leagues getting tired of the abuse and quitting.  They do not have the chance to grow up and become excellent experienced refs.  You get young adults and even older adults that will come in to ref without ever really having been around the game as a player, coach, or even parent but see it as easy money and put up with the abuse for their $18 - $60 per game.  If you know of a bunch of experienced referees sitting around that are not already assigned and working games I'm sure a lot of assignors will quickly become your friend.

One way that more education can help is with parents.  If parents can take a few minutes to watch the USSOCCER.com official training videos or read even a summary of the Laws of the Game then maybe we'll have less sideline refs (aka parent refs).  That way when princess starts in an offside position and runs to an onside position to get a pass the parents will understand why she is flagged offside and help educate their player instead of yell that baby didn't do anything wrong.  Or when a ref calls Impeding the parents won't call it shielding and scream it is legal.

McKinneyLocal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 28/03/19, 11:34 am

Agree....My problem is with dangerous play that the Ref
should control. We all agree That it is a game for kids.
They should enjoy it without thinking in the back of their minds about getting hurt by a dirty Tackle ETC.
I get  that sometimes things happen but alot of times it can be controlled!As a ex rec coach i never yelled at a ref and would not let my parents do it either. At the end of the game i would shake their hand and voice my concern... And i do have a mid level coaches license so i do know a little bit about soccer.Yes a ref needs thick skin.... guess the real answer is the center ref needs 3+ years of reffing and should educate the AR(S) ???? If you dont have educated refs
play less games?

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/03/19, 11:36 am

McKinneyLocal wrote:If the "trolls" comment was directed at me my reply was partially a mistake associating your post with another current hot topic.  Not Trolling.  

However... on to your current comment about hiring more educated refs... from where?  I've heard as high as 84% of refs do not officiate a third year.  This is due to the young refs that cut their teeth in rec leagues and lower select leagues getting tired of the abuse and quitting.  They do not have the chance to grow up and become excellent experienced refs.  You get young adults and even older adults that will come in to ref without ever really having been around the game as a player, coach, or even parent but see it as easy money and put up with the abuse for their $18 - $60 per game.  If you know of a bunch of experienced referees sitting around that are not already assigned and working games I'm sure a lot of assignors will quickly become your friend.

One way that more education can help is with parents.  If parents can take a few minutes to watch the USSOCCER.com official training videos or read even a summary of the Laws of the Game then maybe we'll have less sideline refs (aka parent refs).  That way when princess starts in an offside position and runs to an onside position to get a pass the parents will understand why she is flagged offside and help educate their player instead of yell that baby didn't do anything wrong.  Or when a ref calls Impeding the parents won't call it shielding and scream it is legal.

Interesting that you focus on the technical violations and not the player on player fouls and associated safety concerns.

Don't think any amount of parent education is going raise the level of officiating, or change the parent howling about the level of physical play and/or dangerous play.

No amount of claiming victim status, whining to the soccer gods, or educating the masses is going to impact the level of officiating in your DD's next game.

Deal with reality, the here and now, what you can control, and get your coach and players ready to handle it when it happens.  Our older DD's team learned how to deal with an overly physical player or team, or inexperienced or uninvolved ref's and neutralize the impact or even turn it against the other team.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 30/03/19, 07:02 pm

Lefty wrote:
soccer 2014 wrote:LHGCSL has become a huge joke! If you think for one minute they care about your

What I have noticed over the years is that most refs seem to be exacting and focus on calling technical offenses (black & white decisions).  Things like ball out, corners, handball, keeper outside of box and (everyone's favorite) offside, vs the player on player (judgement calls) like pushing, pulling, tripping offenses.

Could be wanting to let the players establish the tone, not wanting to disrupt the flow of the game, lack of experience & confidence, or the reaction they get from players, coaches & parents whenever they make a player on player, how much is too much type judgement call, that causes them to shy away from making those calls.  

Everyone on both sides will complain when a push is called or not called.   Be it complaining 'it was not enough to call a foul', 'should have called a foul earlier', 'didn't mean to', 'let them play ref', 'protect the players' or 'play on'.

No one seems to complain as much about things like, 'she didn't mean to kick it out', 'the ball was only a couple of feet out', 'should have called it out earlier'.

We once had a wise old coach who told the girls that at the beginning of a game the ref may let it get too rough before calling player fouls, so be ready, and see where the ref settles on the level of physical play.  If it is too physical that it is dangerous, or more likely too inconsistent then I'll let you know when I feel we may need to ramp the physical play way up and take some tactical fouls in the middle of the field to get the ref actively engaged in the game.

Why do the refs let the players decide what will or will not take place in a game. I like refs that FROM THE BEGINNING let the teams know what will and not will be tolerated. If its an elbow, call an elbow. If it's a trip, call a trip. If it's accidental....sorry, don't make the accident. And can someone PLEASE get Foxysoccermom of this website. Yes I used capital letters. It's f*ckers like this ruining this website.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 30/03/19, 07:39 pm

totally agree!!!!! Foxy soccermom Is a skank and probably a guy!! remove the trolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern. 30/03/19, 08:28 pm

You good sirs are correct. That foxy is one silly ho! She’s always interrupting the soccer knowledge I try and share with this board. Most parents are clueless when it comes to soccer and I wish we could stay more focused on it.

Big Ern.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 30/03/19, 08:37 pm

Just troll !!!! Skank or guy go away!!! we have your number just go away... dipshit living with with your parent!!!!!! sorry but true Evil or Very Mad

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next