North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD DisArray? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

FCD DisArray?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FCD DisArray? - Page 2 Empty Re: FCD DisArray?

Post by Lefty 22/05/19, 11:28 am

SoccerVeteran wrote:OK, I admit some of the posts are funny, but honestly we are just trying to understand why US Soccer would sanction or reprimand the guy.  I'm not looking to put my dd in a culture of crazies or the like.

Anyone know what behavior he was written up for?  Anyone know if the 'toxic' parent or parents will still be on that team?

One more thing I see is that his 06's used A LOT of PT players over the course of the season in reading their Game Reports.  Does he shuttle a lot of new kids in and out?  

I also see on his 05s that he started with 21 players and last game he was down to 14.  So, if my math is correct, he has lost 1/3rd of his original roster?  That is a bit concerning.

Again, just looking for facts to make an informed decision.  PM me if more appropriate.

Thank you and good luck to everyone in their '19-'20 decisions.

Sounds like you already know your answer based on your observations & questions.

More likely to get opinions than facts and any 'Facts' provided may or may not be true.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoNoNo 22/05/19, 12:19 pm

SoccerVeteran wrote:.

Anyone know what behavior he was written up for?  Anyone know if the 'toxic' parent or parents will still be on that team?

There’s so much it could have been but if I were to guess it would be one of these:
Screaming and berating players so badly that the referee had to stop the game, step in and defend the crying 12 year olds
Or
Throwing himself on the ground, growling during games / acting like a total physco in public
Or
Bending the rules regarding PT players

Maybe all of them?

And yes, the inmates are running the asylum over there...there’s no way they would go somewhere else

NoNoNo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Schalke_and_Awe 22/05/19, 01:13 pm

I guess they’re more than rumors. Which DA teams is he confirmed to be coaching next year?

Schalke_and_Awe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 22/05/19, 02:02 pm

soccertard wrote:I hear FCD is looking at Simon Annis to fill the second FDL team spot.  Can anyone provide me some information on this coach.

The Floor Is Lava

So now they are going to switch gears?  FCD doesn't tell any of our parents about losing ECNL but now they want to promote FDL2 or DA3?  No thank you I will pass lol.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/05/19, 02:14 pm

Guest101 wrote:
soccertard wrote:I hear FCD is looking at Simon Annis to fill the second FDL team spot.  Can anyone provide me some information on this coach.

The Floor Is Lava

So now they are going to switch gears?  FCD doesn't tell any of our parents about losing ECNL but now they want to promote FDL2 or DA3?  No thank you I will pass lol.

Do you think FCD was as surprised today as you were about losing ECNL?  Laughing

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 22/05/19, 02:23 pm

If ECNL is the "top league" would they then take the DA spots? What happens to the DA girls?

This sounds like a mess.

Not so sure FC Dallas is the best place to be right now if you want your child "moving up the chain".

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 22/05/19, 02:44 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:If ECNL is the "top league" would they then take the DA spots? What happens to the DA girls?

This sounds like a mess.

Not so sure FC Dallas is the best place to be right now if you want your child "moving up the chain".

But but but, FCD has FDL/DPL.  FCD gonna have 1 or 2 FDL/DPL spots? I'm getting mixed signals or truth vs dreams are conflicting(going either way depending who you talk to).

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 22/05/19, 02:56 pm

It's only going to get better from here.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 22/05/19, 03:44 pm

So:
No change to the current top team (DA is still DA).
There is a change for the 2nd team (was ECNL now DPL).
No significant change to the current 3rd team (was FDL now DPL).

Not really a seismic adjustment. The former ECNL team goes from either getting whipped (Sting Dallas, Feet) or doing the whipping (Sting Austin, OK Celtic) most weeks to more steadily competitive games against other DA 2nd teams.

Is that about right?

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 22/05/19, 03:50 pm

Close. The division between ECNL and FDL was not as clear-cut as the ECNL parents like to claim. By design.

Everybody in the pool!!!! Coaches win again.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 22/05/19, 04:10 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 22/05/19, 04:15 pm

System is designed against us and our players, proof is in our ability to compete on the international level.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkthesource 22/05/19, 04:34 pm

timmyh wrote:So:

Is that about right?

Question, because I generally don’t know the answer, but wouldn’t there be more college coaches at a given ECNL showcase event or game than at a given DPL game? If there are more college coaches at ECNL that could be a worthwhile difference

Checkthesource
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 22/05/19, 04:55 pm

Checkthesource wrote:
timmyh wrote:So:

Is that about right?

Question,  because I generally don’t know the answer, but wouldn’t there be more college coaches at a given ECNL showcase event or game than at a given DPL game?  If there are more college coaches at ECNL that could be a worthwhile difference

Definitely true for an ECNL showcase vs something like Wags or Disney or Surf which is what most FDL teams used for a showcase (at least with regards to power 5 conference coaches). Generally I don't think you see a lot of major college coaches at many ECNL league games or FDL league games, at least not here in Texas. It happens, but it isn't common.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 22/05/19, 05:14 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:If ECNL is the "top league" would they then take the DA spots? What happens to the DA girls?

This sounds like a mess.

I don't see how anyone is any more or less likely to "move up the chain" today than they were yesterday.
ECNL was already the 2nd team for those clubs (FCD, Tophat, Real Colorado) that were all made to choose DA or ECNL. That's literally why they all had to choose. So the question is will those FCD 2nd team players just go play instead in the DPL or will they start looking for openings at Texans DA or the ECNL teams at Feet, Sting, or Solar.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 22/05/19, 06:19 pm

If they want to play in college they might want to stay with GDA and ECNL.

Any possibility of ECNL replacing FCD in NTX?

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 22/05/19, 06:46 pm

918soccer wrote:If they want to play in college they might want to stay with GDA and ECNL.

Any possibility of ECNL replacing FCD in NTX?

A 9th-place ECNL team will play similar talent level teams at ECNL showcases and draw the appropriate level of college interest.

Reality is the same level team, whether DPL, NPL, ECRL LHGCL or any other acronym, with a plan and motivated players can achieve the same recruiting results in Regional showcases on their own.

Don't know about Tulsa, but happens every year in NTX.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPassingThrough 22/05/19, 08:14 pm

Unfortunately I am not sure there are many spots at some age groups for Solar or Feet and Sting ECNL/ECRL. Rumors are Solar has a lot of interclub movement with priority and Feet has some pretty tight teams that dont have space for new kids. Saw Sting and Feet are adding NPL. But ECNL kids dont want that I am sure. So those FCD girls have a lot of big choices ahead of them.

JustPassingThrough
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 22/05/19, 09:25 pm

NoNoNo wrote:
SoccerVeteran wrote:.

There’s so much it could have been but if I were to guess it would be one of these:
Screaming and berating players so badly that the referee had to stop the game, step in and defend the crying 12 year olds
Or
Throwing himself on the ground, growling during games / acting like a total physco in public
Or
Bending the rules regarding PT players

Maybe all of them?

And yes, the inmates are running the asylum over there...there’s no way they would go somewhere else

Ridiculous made up accusations.  Sounds like a former and dis-gruntled parent.

Ask yourself, “Would a large successful club/organization like FCD, with a highly successful track record on the boys and girls side, allow a “crazy”, over the top person to coach in a high level DA position?”

No specific coach, parent, team, or club is perfect or without their bad day, but most of these assertations and accusations in this thread are made up at worst or a gross exaggeration at best.  

Speaking from experience and 12+ years of daughters going through this journey.  We had good, bad, and avg experiences with different coaches and clubs over the years.  Not every club or coach will be a good or similar fit for different girls, parents, and situations.  

If you are interested, go check it out for yourself and your daughter.  Ask some direct questions, and make an informed decision.  If you are trusting the trolls on this board, you are not that interested in finding a good home anyway.

Last edited by anothercrazysoccerdad on 22/05/19, 09:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Poor grammar)

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 22/05/19, 09:27 pm

This sounds like a mess.

ECNL is not the top league

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 22/05/19, 10:22 pm

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:

This sounds like a mess.

ECNL is not the top league

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/19, 10:56 pm

918soccer wrote:Any possibility of ECNL replacing FCD in NTX?

Unless it was Texans dropping DA to come back to ECNL, it would be a bad move for ECNL to consider any other NTX club. No other NTX club has quality depth across all age groups. At best, it would be like adding another Sting Austin or OK Celtic, and would provide no tangible benefit to the TX Conference.

Same goes for the rest of TX as well. Unless Dash or Lonestar looks to drop DA for a return to ECNL, there are no other clubs in TX at this time with anywhere near the competitive depth to be a worthwhile addition to ECNL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad5 23/05/19, 12:36 am

Chris is like any coach, he has high expectations for all the girls.  Practices are top notch and he coaches with passion.  The manager is a great person.  So, make up your own mind and meet some of the parents and I'm pretty sure that all of this will be refuted.

Soccerdad5
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 23/05/19, 09:00 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
918soccer wrote:Any possibility of ECNL replacing FCD in NTX?

Unless it was Texans dropping DA to come back to ECNL, it would be a bad move for ECNL to  consider any other NTX club.  No other NTX club has quality depth across all age groups.  At best, it would be like adding another Sting Austin or OK Celtic, and would provide no tangible benefit to the TX Conference.

Same goes for the rest of TX as well.  Unless Dash or Lonestar looks to drop DA for a return to ECNL, there are no other clubs in TX at this time with anywhere near the competitive depth to be a worthwhile addition to ECNL.
Agreed DTC. I feel like ECNL probably overplayed their hand by removing FCD, Real, and TH.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/19, 09:21 am

Guest101 wrote:

The Floor Is Lava

Speaking of "lol" ^ ...

Ho-Lee Hell jocolor

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 23/05/19, 09:34 am

Soccerdad5 wrote:Chris is like any coach, he has high expectations for all the girls.  Practices are top notch and he coaches with passion.  The manager is a great person.  So, make up your own mind and meet some of the parents and I'm pretty sure that all of this will be refuted.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum