North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 3 Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by AngelinaGoalee 11/08/20, 12:17 pm

Ivory Soccer Tower...
I don’t think anyone looks down on Texans.
Texans have their own facilities, pretty steep fees, history, exclusive Nike kits, and other resources as any big club should.
What that club lacks is beyond me and I wouldn’t be able to explain why they don’t experience the success like they used to. With all that the club possesses and their tenured coaching staff, why don’t more parents and players choose them? Not being judgmental but seriously curious why the players that seek the highest platform to play on make DTSC a last option?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference  - Page 3 Empty Re: ECNL, ECRL, ECNL NTX —- whats the difference

Post by abc000 11/08/20, 12:43 pm

Big Ern wrote:
smugrr wrote:To me the fact that one club's #2 team beat (barely) another club's #1 team is no big shock and would vary from club to club and on each age level, or maybe if a critical player was sick, etc....We should not expect otherwise. As to whether an ECNL or ECRL team should play in a tournament; they both did play up and the tournament was an open tournament. Those kind of teams need someplace to play besides the league which is not starting up for few weeks.

Understood smudger --

It's just that, in my opinion, there's a very sizeable drop off from ECNL to ECRL at the 'traditional power' clubs.  And given that (I think I heard) none a single one of the Solar ECNL teams even conceded a single goal, while scoring 100+, it's safe to say that they had no business playing in this guy, and that because they did, they shoulda played up 2-3 years.

Very Happy
The real question is the #1 vs #2 team at any club. Solar #2 beat DT #1. DT #2 tied Solar #1 (granted Solar an age group younger in the second case, but really, once in high school 1 year difference not as big as middle school ages and younger). Takeaway message being #1 team at the big clubs will usually beat the #2 teams but the gap is really really close and closing especially in the older age groups and more often than not comes from just the confidence being the designated team. The drop off to # 3 team and below will be significant as those players have typically not played higher level faster speed of play games on a regular basis.

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/08/20, 01:19 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Ivory Soccer Tower...
Texans have their own facilities, pretty steep fees, history, exclusive Nike kits, and other resources as any big club should.
What that club lacks is beyond me and I wouldn’t be able to explain why they don’t experience the success like they used to. With all that the club possesses and their tenured coaching staff, why don’t more parents and players choose them? Not being judgmental but seriously curious why the players that seek the highest platform to play on make DTSC a last option?

Right AG ... me included, and good questions.  If I had to point a finger at a potential answer, I'd say that the "culture" on the Texans elite girl's side at U13+ is an issue when it comes to attracting and holding on to top talent.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/08/20, 01:46 pm

playitforward04 wrote:"Solar have become crazy deep at the top levels for girls at U14+ (especially at U17), and Texans are a lil' soft in that area (especially at U17)." - Big Ern

Obviously loves himself some Solar...having to mention and praise a suspected "dream team" (U17 ECNL) in a post referencing an ECNL/ECRL showdown between two other teams.  Don't worry the season will start soon enough and they will get all the praise needed if they fulfill expectations.

I find it hard to believe you have very solid grasp of that Texans team from your ivory soccer tower.  Like most teams, they are probably mostly new players on their roster in the midst of a liability and health conscious return to play.  Not every club or team for that matter used this time to practice or recruit.  Give them a chance to build chemistry in the preseason before casting comments on their true potential.

"it really wasn't fair nor did it do much good for anyone"

I disagree with that opinion.  The tournament allows these teams to evaluate their players and full rosters, evaluate different combinations, work on game fitness, and to remember how good it feels to play this game they love.  They didn't pick who signed up for this Solar event, and I bet they were just excited to get back on the field.  (Haven't played games since early March unless there is some underground league I am unaware of)

Both teams obviously showed up regardless of their league status to play some soccer.  Congrats to Solar ECRL for a successful tournament.  And best of luck to both teams this coming season!  

"Obviously loves himself some Solar...having to mention and praise a suspected "dream team" (U17 ECNL) in a post referencing an ECNL/ECRL showdown between two other teams." ... Nahhh fw04, I just happen to be a realist.  Love the "having to" mention when it's clear to everyone (but you, it seems) that I simply used that side to reference the depth of talent at the particular club, in that particular age group.  And "dream team" ... c'mon now ... you obviously must 'love yourself some Solar' Wink

"I find it hard to believe you have very solid grasp of that Texans team from your ivory soccer tower." ... I don't.  Haven't seen em yet this year.  But when ya factor performance over the past few years, the staff, and general knowledge of what they gained/lost in the off season, it's not all that difficult to put 2 'n 3 together Sir.

"The tournament allows these teams to evaluate their players and full rosters, evaluate different combinations, work on game fitness, and to remember how good it feels to play this game they love." ... Welll, I can buy some a that and respect your opinion fw, buuttt ... those Solar EC'N'L teams have been training for months together, scrimmaging multiple times per week against much tougher opponents than anyone they faced this weekend.  Trust me (I'm sure you won't given the content and general direction of your response here) when I say the coaches got a ton more outta those when it comes to evaluating rosters/formations/fitness, then they did this past weekend.  Again ... 111-4 across just four teams isn't much good for anyone is it?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 11/08/20, 03:43 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Right AG ... me included, and good questions.  If I had to point a finger at a potential answer, I'd say that the "culture" on the Texans elite girl's side at U13+ is an issue when it comes to attracting and holding on to top talent.

From a distance and talking to friends, it seems the problem isn't that nobody is willing to bring their kids to Texans.  The problem seems to be that many who have experienced the culture first hand no longer want to stay.

As an example, I understand that all 11 starters from last year's Texans U13 DA left for other clubs this summer. This was a good 07 team that two years ago was probably considered to be the best team in Dallas.  While they were still good prior to breaking up, they never really developed as expected and had been passed up by Solar, FCD, and DKSC.  

And then did they promote from the 2nd team to replace those who fled? No. They recruited an entirely new team to fill in (and that new team got beat by the 2nd team last weekend). There doesn't seem to be a clear plan or continuity, at least compared to others.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by playitforward04 11/08/20, 06:23 pm

I must have been pretty close to the mark on my "Ivory Soccer Tower" comment to get a pretty quick response from both AngelinaGoalee and Big Ern.  Absolutely I respect and appreciate Solar, they play nice soccer and have loads of talent throughout their club (Much needed praise you were seeking).  I also respect the other clubs across North Texas, including the the Texans.  

Say what you will, but to include "crazy deep at the top levels for girls at U14+ (especially at U17)" is a misplaced advertisement especially for the U17 squad.  Don't lie Big Ern, even if you didn't come up with it, you believe it and wish you had.  And best of luck to that U17 ECNL team as well.

Some additional responses:

"I don't.  Haven't seen em yet this year.  But when ya factor performance over the past few years, the staff, and general knowledge of what they gained/lost in the off season, it's not all that difficult to put 2 'n 3 together Sir."
I happen to know many of the coaches at the Texans, and many of them are outstanding coaches and people.  So are many of the staff members you reference.  Not much difference between them and the many (or staff) I know personally at the other North Texas clubs.  Practices are pretty similar across the board.  And personally I love that you can put 2 'n 3 together.    

"Welll, I can buy some a that and respect your opinion fw, buuttt ... those Solar EC'N'L teams have been training for months together, scrimmaging multiple times per week against much tougher opponents than anyone they faced this weekend.  Trust me (I'm sure you won't given the content and general direction of your response here) when I say the coaches got a ton more outta those when it comes to evaluating rosters/formations/fitness, then they did this past weekend.  Again ... 111-4 across just four teams isn't much good for anyone is it?"  

I'm glad Solar has been practicing, recruiting, and scrimmaging for months.  Like I said, I wish them well.  Somehow I believe you missed my comment about midst of liability and health conscious return to play, and how the pandemic has impacted this ability for most North Texas clubs.  Back to my original point, the Texans got some games in, got to see their players, and finally got back on the field.  Will Solar play teams this year they are better than and expect their bench players to stop trying to prove themselves to the coach/coaches?

"AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Ivory Soccer Tower...
What that club lacks is beyond me and I wouldn’t be able to explain why they don’t experience the success like they used to. With all that the club possesses and their tenured coaching staff, why don’t more parents and players choose them? Not being judgmental but seriously curious why the players that seek the highest platform to play on make DTSC a last option?"

Unfortunately I have to go to practice right now and don't have much time, but I didn't want to leave before including you.  As quickly as you responded and the the comments you had about the Texans, you too likely position yourself on that same Ivory Soccer Tower.  You then go after a club and give your thoughts on what's wrong with them???  Why, this wasn't about any specific club until you and Big Ern took it there!  All North Texas clubs have players proudly representing their teams from Plano-ECNL, and many of them including top-tier players have found out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

playitforward04
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 11/08/20, 06:28 pm

You’ve taken it personal...my bad. I’m the one brought up the Texans. I’m in no Ivory Tower and the quickness of my response has no weight on the topic. Sorry I offended you, I didn’t come here for that.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 11/08/20, 09:03 pm

cenTex wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

From a distance and talking to friends, it seems the problem isn't that nobody is willing to bring their kids to Texans.  The problem seems to be that many who have experienced the culture first hand no longer want to stay.

As an example, I understand that all 11 starters from last year's Texans U13 DA left for other clubs this summer. This was a good 07 team that two years ago was probably considered to be the best team in Dallas.  While they were still good prior to breaking up, they never really developed as expected and had been passed up by Solar, FCD, and DKSC.  

And then did they promote from the 2nd team to replace those who fled? No. They recruited an entirely new team to fill in (and that new team got beat by the 2nd team last weekend).  There doesn't seem to be a clear plan or continuity, at least compared to others.

You must be from quite a distance. That team was never close to the top team in Dallas. There was a point (longer than 2 years ago) when they raided Kicks and Sting for players. The coach and parents then went on a forum blitz 'claiming' that title. But, alas, these things are settled on the field and they never passed Kicks, FCD or Solar. Nice group of kids. At their peak, they were 4th at best. Like most forum gloating - Fake News.

Dude, you have been wrong on so many topics over the years on this age group in different forums. Time for a new hobby?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/08/20, 09:20 pm

Ugghhh ... fw04 ... bubby ... you're killin' us.  To keep it simple and put it plainly ...

First stanza:  Yikes!  (the whole ... darned thing)

Second:  Laughing

Third:  What a coincidence!  You're makin' it way to obvious that ya don't (in more ways than one).  And typical 'soccer dad' response.

Fourth:  Didn't miss, just didn't address.  But ya just said ... .  And against many clubs (including your kid's club ... sorry buddy Crying or Very sad) this year, I believe Solar could play bench players exclusively and still have the same result.  
(That said, I respect the other clubs across North Texas, including the the Texans Wink)

Fifth:  What AG said but again ... typical.  

Ta summarize for ya Sir ... How 'bout rather than play the same ole 'greener grass', 'I respect err'yone', and 'don't say anythin' negative about my kid's club speak, ya throw around some reality.  Ya know ... truth ... or at least somethin' with a bit a backbone?  Maybe something like this ...

Solar girls ECNL are really good, and FCD are close.  Outside a the oldest squad (which of course will still be soundly beaten by Solar), Texans girls ECNL aren't (although I know there's a bit a talent comin' up on the younger end if they can only keep it).  And everyone else in TX Conference are likely somewheres in the middle.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by playitforward04 12/08/20, 08:06 am

It doesn't take backbone to state that a Dream Team should be "really good", or that "it could play bench players exclusively and still have the same result". But saying "lil' soft" or "Texans girls ECNL aren't (really good)" when you admit you haven't seen them, then you are speaking from your Ivory Soccer Tower "buddy". Regardless of your opinion, I do wish all the North Texas Girls the best of luck this year, including my daughters team. There won't be any whining from my side regardless of the outcomes, but then there isn't an expectation of championship or bust. Nothing wrong with that mindset, but don't be disappointed when FCD, my daughter's team, or others do their part to wake you up from that dream.

playitforward04
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 12/08/20, 08:55 am

WTH are you talking about? Damn, you’re  emotional. lol! lol!
You’re even using a “poetic” delivery. I guess you “dropped mic” at the end of this one.

But you are correct in wishing good luck to all of the young lady’s suiting up. May they be blessed with a productive, virus, and injury free season.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by playitforward04 12/08/20, 10:03 am

Emotional and poetic, two compliments I don't commonly hear! Much appreciated Shocked

Glad the teams are getting back on the pitch.

I climb back under my rock now...

playitforward04
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 12/08/20, 11:52 pm

playitforward04 wrote:It doesn't take backbone to state that a Dream Team should be "really good", or that "it could play bench players exclusively and still have the same result".  But saying "lil' soft" or "Texans girls ECNL aren't (really good)" when you admit you haven't seen them, then you are speaking from your Ivory Soccer Tower "buddy".  Regardless of your opinion, I do wish all the North Texas Girls the best of luck this year, including my daughters team.  There won't be any whining from my side regardless of the outcomes, but then there isn't an expectation of championship or bust.  Nothing wrong with that mindset, but don't be disappointed when FCD, my daughter's team, or others do their part to wake you up from that dream.        

And here I thought this whole go 'round that ya knew me eff dub'ya oh for ... a bit disappointing  Neutral   

Regardless ... gonna be fun (specially this Saturday, huh? ... Too bad that'll be nixed  Cool ) --

See ya out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pickle juice 13/08/20, 10:28 pm

A different perspective: We all know there was a shake up on DA and ECNL this season. Everyone from DA got shuffled and absorbed.  Solar ECNL is clearly the front runner in the NTX ECNL world, FC Dallas should be a a distant second. Tons of talent on that Solar 1st team. 4 players are national camp prospects and two have played on a national team.  In fact, "top talent" from other teams this year transferred to Solar, including some from FC Dallas, who took 3rd nationally the year prior.  Starters from last years Solar DA team didn't even make this years ECNL team, and that's in spite of cause both the DA and ECNL from last year being very strong in their respective leagues.  It stands to reason Solar's #2 would be a strong team, and from what I understand, Solar kept practicing through the July break and everyone else including Texans didn't ( I could be wrong on that). Let's talk about last years Texans. They were like 0-10 last year, so definitely a weak team to say the least. I know for a fact Texans replaced their back end of the bench and kept its best from last year, so Jury still out on Texans ECNL, but I would have expected Solars second team to dominate the Texans. It's interesting to me that Texans hung with them. Interesting indeed.

pickle juice
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 13/08/20, 10:38 pm

pickle juice wrote:A different perspective:  We all know there was a shake up on DA and ECNL this season. Everyone from DA got shuffled and absorbed.  Solar ECNL is clearly the front runner in the NTX ECNL world, FC Dallas should be a a distant second. Tons of talent on that Solar 1st team. 4 players are national camp prospects and two have played on a national team.  In fact, "top talent" from other teams this year transferred to Solar, including some from FC Dallas, who took 3rd nationally the year prior.  Starters from last years Solar DA team didn't even make this years ECNL team, and that's in spite of cause both the DA and ECNL from last year being very strong in their respective leagues.  It stands to reason Solar's #2 would be a strong team, and from what I understand, Solar kept practicing through the July break and everyone else including Texans didn't ( I could be wrong on that). Let's talk about last years Texans.  They were like 0-10 last year, so definitely a weak team to say the least.  I know for a fact Texans replaced their back end of the bench and kept its best from last year, so Jury still out on Texans ECNL, but I would have expected Solars second team to dominate the Texans. It's interesting to me that Texans hung with them. Interesting indeed.

You’re pretty close on your synopsis. Not far off at all. I can’t say much because I haven’t received my Ivory Tower keys yet but when I gain access I will provide some accurate insight. Again...it may be a long season for the Texans and that’s coming from the entry level position. Penthouse Ivory Tower Suite may not hold back.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 13/08/20, 10:50 pm

pickle juice wrote:A different perspective:  We all know there was a shake up on DA and ECNL this season. Everyone from DA got shuffled and absorbed.  Solar ECNL is clearly the front runner in the NTX ECNL world, FC Dallas should be a a distant second. Tons of talent on that Solar 1st team. 4 players are national camp prospects and two have played on a national team.  In fact, "top talent" from other teams this year transferred to Solar, including some from FC Dallas, who took 3rd nationally the year prior.  Starters from last years Solar DA team didn't even make this years ECNL team, and that's in spite of cause both the DA and ECNL from last year being very strong in their respective leagues.  It stands to reason Solar's #2 would be a strong team, and from what I understand, Solar kept practicing through the July break and everyone else including Texans didn't ( I could be wrong on that). Let's talk about last years Texans.  They were like 0-10 last year, so definitely a weak team to say the least.  I know for a fact Texans replaced their back end of the bench and kept its best from last year, so Jury still out on Texans ECNL, but I would have expected Solars second team to dominate the Texans. It's interesting to me that Texans hung with them. Interesting indeed.

In what age ECNL age groups would Solar not be considered to be the likely leader of the pack in Dallas this coming year? 05?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pickle juice 14/08/20, 08:55 am

It's so hard to say. Smart money would say that, but with shake up, who knows. So much talent switching in every age groups makes it confusing. I think a "dark horse" is in the making for every age group.

pickle juice
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 14/08/20, 10:22 am

cenTex wrote:

In what age ECNL age groups would Solar not be considered to be the likely leader of the pack in Dallas this coming year? 05?

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 14/08/20, 10:47 am

Big Ern wrote:Right AG!  To take it a bit further, I thought it a little silly for any girls EC'N'L teams to be in this tourney altogether --

Outside of this ^ particular example, it really wasn't fair nor did it do much good for anyone.  And most of us know both that Solar have become crazy deep at the top levels for girls at U14+ (especially at U17), and Texans are a lil' soft in that area (especially at U17).  

And not sure what this talk about "Girls have not played soccer since March" or "when girls know each others names and have more than 5 games under their belts" is ... scratch

Has Big E jumped off of the FCD band wagon and on to the Solar band wagon?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 14/08/20, 10:53 am

Mostly because they (Hassan) now only value and view the girls as a revenue stream to support the boys programs at Texans. Thus, the girls teams are treated with little support. They have good/great coaches that have cycled through DTSC The last few years because of it and the cycle has trended downward. Hard to turn it around.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 14/08/20, 10:59 am

Big Ern wrote:
playitforward04 wrote:"Solar have become crazy deep at the top levels for girls at U14+ (especially at U17), and Texans are a lil' soft in that area (especially at U17)." - Big Ern

Obviously loves himself some Solar...having to mention and praise a suspected "dream team" (U17 ECNL) in a post referencing an ECNL/ECRL showdown between two other teams.  Don't worry the season will start soon enough and they will get all the praise needed if they fulfill expectations.

I find it hard to believe you have very solid grasp of that Texans team from your ivory soccer tower.  Like most teams, they are probably mostly new players on their roster in the midst of a liability and health conscious return to play.  Not every club or team for that matter used this time to practice or recruit.  Give them a chance to build chemistry in the preseason before casting comments on their true potential.

"it really wasn't fair nor did it do much good for anyone"

I disagree with that opinion.  The tournament allows these teams to evaluate their players and full rosters, evaluate different combinations, work on game fitness, and to remember how good it feels to play this game they love.  They didn't pick who signed up for this Solar event, and I bet they were just excited to get back on the field.  (Haven't played games since early March unless there is some underground league I am unaware of)

Both teams obviously showed up regardless of their league status to play some soccer.  Congrats to Solar ECRL for a successful tournament.  And best of luck to both teams this coming season!  

"Obviously loves himself some Solar...having to mention and praise a suspected "dream team" (U17 ECNL) in a post referencing an ECNL/ECRL showdown between two other teams." ... Nahhh fw04, I just happen to be a realist.  Love the "having to" mention when it's clear to everyone (but you, it seems) that I simply used that side to reference the depth of talent at the particular club, in that particular age group.  And "dream team" ... c'mon now ... you obviously must 'love yourself some Solar' Wink

"I find it hard to believe you have very solid grasp of that Texans team from your ivory soccer tower." ... I don't.  Haven't seen em yet this year.  But when ya factor performance over the past few years, the staff, and general knowledge of what they gained/lost in the off season, it's not all that difficult to put 2 'n 3 together Sir.

"The tournament allows these teams to evaluate their players and full rosters, evaluate different combinations, work on game fitness, and to remember how good it feels to play this game they love." ... Welll, I can buy some a that and respect your opinion fw, buuttt ... those Solar EC'N'L teams have been training for months together, scrimmaging multiple times per week against much tougher opponents than anyone they faced this weekend.  Trust me (I'm sure you won't given the content and general direction of your response here) when I say the coaches got a ton more outta those when it comes to evaluating rosters/formations/fitness, then they did this past weekend.  Again ... 111-4 across just four teams isn't much good for anyone is it?

It’s good for Solar’s financials to have ALL of the Solar teams participate in their own tourney, ECNl and All.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pickle juice 14/08/20, 03:40 pm

Chkcharlie "In what age ECNL age groups would Solar not be considered to be the likely leader of the pack in Dallas this coming year? 05?"

New to this, Not sure how to respond directly to your question.  My opinion on the 05's is all over the place.  Like everything else, combinations and lineups are being tested and vetted out. I think we will see some darkhorse teams surprising us at each age group.

pickle juice
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximilianOneMX 14/08/20, 09:00 pm

pickle juice wrote:Chkcharlie "In what age ECNL age groups would Solar not be considered to be the likely leader of the pack in Dallas this coming year? 05?"

New to this, Not sure how to respond directly to your question.  My opinion on the 05's is all over the place.  Like everything else, combinations and lineups are being tested and vetted out. I think we will see some darkhorse teams surprising us at each age group.

I’ll take a crack a preseason 05 rankings for the locals:

1. FCD
2. Solar
3. DKSC
4. SB
5. DT
6. SR

MaximilianOneMX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 14/08/20, 11:26 pm

MaximilianOneMX wrote:
pickle juice wrote:Chkcharlie "In what age ECNL age groups would Solar not be considered to be the likely leader of the pack in Dallas this coming year? 05?"

I’ll take a crack a preseason 05 rankings for the locals:

1. FCD
2. Solar
3. DKSC
4. SB
5. DT
6. SR

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 16/08/20, 10:46 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:

Mostly because they (Hassan) now only value and view the girls as a revenue stream to support the boys programs at Texans.  Thus, the girls teams are treated with little support.  They have good/great coaches that have cycled through DTSC The last few years because of it and the cycle has trended downward.  Hard to turn it around.

Friend of mine just told me his daughter attended a Texans U17 ECNL...she was advised that they had 26 on the roster. Boys are in for a financial treat of this is the case. 26 is overkill.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/08/20, 07:45 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:

Mostly because they (Hassan) now only value and view the girls as a revenue stream to support the boys programs at Texans.  Thus, the girls teams are treated with little support.  They have good/great coaches that have cycled through DTSC The last few years because of it and the cycle has trended downward.  Hard to turn it around.

Friend of mine just told me his daughter attended a Texans U17 ECNL...she was advised that they had 26 on the roster. Boys are in for a financial treat of this is the case. 26 is overkill.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next