North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team  game stats ?  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Team game stats ?

Go down

Team  game stats ?  Empty Team game stats ?

Post by jen_nah 04/04/11, 02:21 pm

So anyone on here keep stats for their team per game? Like which player scored who assisted (if there was an assist). Shots on goal, how many scored or saved? Those type of stats.

If so can you tell me what are all the records you are keeping? My husband wants to start keeps stats on our dd but we thought it would be neat to keep official stats for the whole team too.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Team  game stats ?  Empty Re: Team game stats ?

Post by Joe scafone 04/04/11, 04:45 pm

There's an app for that! Razz

jen_nah wrote:So anyone on here keep stats for their team per game? Like which player scored who assisted (if there was an assist). Shots on goal, how many scored or saved? Those type of stats.

If so can you tell me what are all the records you are keeping? My husband wants to start keeps stats on our dd but we thought it would be neat to keep official stats for the whole team too.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 04/04/11, 04:45 pm

No serious....it's called SoccerOn

Joe scafone wrote:There's an app for that! Razz

jen_nah wrote:So anyone on here keep stats for their team per game? Like which player scored who assisted (if there was an assist). Shots on goal, how many scored or saved? Those type of stats.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 04/04/11, 04:47 pm

Don't be the stat guy....ever. You'll have no end of helpers, questioners, whiners and experts. The best you can hope for is a guesstimate that no one is entirely happy with, unless you video and pore over it to get it all right.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 04/04/11, 04:58 pm

Itsme wrote:Don't be the stat guy....ever. You'll have no end of helpers, questioners, whiners and experts. The best you can hope for is a guesstimate that no one is entirely happy with, unless you video and pore over it to get it all right.

I agree with Itsme. It may seem like fun at first and cool, but about 6 weeks into it you will be questioning yourself why you ever did it.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 04/04/11, 05:38 pm

Thanks!

Maybe we will just keep stats on our own dd then.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/11, 06:13 pm

Joe scafone wrote:
Itsme wrote:Don't be the stat guy....ever. You'll have no end of helpers, questioners, whiners and experts. The best you can hope for is a guesstimate that no one is entirely happy with, unless you video and pore over it to get it all right.

I agree with Itsme. It may seem like fun at first and cool, but about 6 weeks into it you will be questioning yourself why you ever did it.

I third that motion. You better have a real passion for stats and the game because it gets old real quick.

If you enjoy watching your dd during games then doing stats afterwards with video is the way to go.

Best lowcost app is Coachit ipad app. If you want to spend a little more look at statzpack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 04/04/11, 09:53 pm

mslater wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:

I third that motion. You better have a real passion for stats and the game because it gets old real quick.

If you enjoy watching your dd during games then doing stats afterwards with video is the way to go.

Best lowcost app is Coachit ipad app. If you want to spend a little more look at statzpack.com

Are any of these apps good for goalie stats? Since our dd is the goalie we need something more tailored for that position.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 04/04/11, 10:35 pm

If you want to keep GK stats those can usually be kept using

Shots on Goal (SOG)

Saves

Goals against

Save percentage Shots On Goal - Goals Scored / Shots On Goal

Shutouts

Goals against Average (GAA) divide amount of goals scored by the number of games played.

You also could include PK's and amount of time played

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by spazmanian_devil 04/04/11, 10:52 pm

As a keeper dad, I found that keeping shots on goal to be very soothing during stressful games.

I just bought a coaches soccer whiteboard with the field outline. I would just mark the shots taken on my DD. I would mark an X on the spot where the shot was taken. You could see the spray pattern taken against her.

I never shared the shots taken with anybody though. I just simply kept this chart for my personal knowledge. There isn't anything to gain when every parent will have a different take on the stats.

spazmanian_devil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 05/04/11, 07:16 am

Figures can lie and liars can figure. Or there are lies, more lies and then there are statistics. I love stats ( I am a numbers guy) no ifs and buts. They tell a lot of the story and its good to go back and review. Each has person has their own set of stats that the choose to be important. If it's something specific your working on . You may want to watch a particular stat. Since so much goes on in the beautiful game, one has to be selective and consistent with the stats they choose to track. As others have stated in here sharing of stats can be dangerous. So do so at your own caution. Just look at the banter on the various rankings that occur in here on a regular basis. Everyone has their own bias and ranking system that they prefer.

Last edited by Marvelousmar on 06/04/11, 05:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspired 06/04/11, 05:24 pm

If keeping track of a keeper try to track their distribution as well. How many times they go left right or middle. How often they throw, roll, or punt. do they complete a didtribution to a teammate or do we give away possesion. This is a very important stat that is never tracked (A good attack starts from the back). This stat will pay huge dividends as your DD progresses.

Inspired
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 06/04/11, 10:23 pm

Inspired wrote:If keeping track of a keeper try to track their distribution as well. How many times they go left right or middle. How often they throw, roll, or punt. do they complete a didtribution to a teammate or do we give away possesion. This is a very important stat that is never tracked (A good attack starts from the back). This stat will pay huge dividends as your DD progresses.

The stat on giving away possesion could be a tricky one esp on punts which most GK at this age are typically only punting. Ex: My dd could punt it to an open spot of on the field with more her team on that side but her team mates still fail to recieve the ball. That shouldn't go against the GK if she put the ball on an open spot with more of her team on that side and they don't make the completion of the play. Or there will be times there is no good place to punt the ball so she punts it towards out of bounds at mid field. This allows her team to reset the field even though we may not have the ball if no one from their touches it before it goes out. These are all things she has been taught by her GK coaches.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/04/11, 01:22 pm

jen_nah wrote:
mslater wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:

Are any of these apps good for goalie stats? Since our dd is the goalie we need something more tailored for that position.
No apps and no stats at this age. Do what most parents do. Pay $1 for each goal they score, $2 for each take away, $3 per successful dive,$5 for each yellow card received and $20 if they can earn a red card.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 14/04/11, 11:02 pm

coachr wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
mslater wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:

No apps and no stats at this age. Do what most parents do. Pay $1 for each goal they score, $2 for each take away, $3 per successful dive,$5 for each yellow card received and $20 if they can earn a red card.

Seeing as my dd is a full time goalie no of that really applies to her. The likely chance of her yellow or red carding is slim. She & her team tend to play a very clean game.

Plus I don't bribe my kids to play. They play a great game because they like the feeling of success when they do. If I do give them anything it's a small bag of candy for their hard work. They play because they want to play.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down