North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Teams not making? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Teams not making?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teams not making? Empty Teams not making?

Post by u95g dad 27/06/11, 05:55 pm

So what does it look like out there? Are there any Lake Highland teams that are having trouble making or have already given up? It seems there are several girls that I know that have decided not to play this year so I am guessing that is going on all around. With the ENCL teams taking some players has that helped or hurt the other teams in their recruiting?

I don't know how many teams at this age group there are that play in Plano and Arlington Divisions but I would think those age brackets would pretty much have to close up shop with the additional openings in D3.

There is not much time until we know the answers unless some teams are hanging on with low numbers and hoping to fill the spots after signing. I have heard of at least one with 12. I won't mention any names because I don't want to spread rumors that might not be true. At this age group I would be very worried about going into a season with a low roster. Too many injuries and other activities that can reduce the numbers even more.

Good luck to all that continue to play. Seems like only yesterday that we were doing Academy and now we are almost finished. Crying or Very sad
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Teams not making? Empty Re: Teams not making?

Post by maniac 27/06/11, 09:08 pm

Almost finished! Yeah! I might have a little extra cash now and then.

maniac
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 27/06/11, 10:31 pm

u95g dad wrote:So what does it look like out there? Are there any Lake Highland teams that are having trouble making or have already given up? It seems there are several girls that I know that have decided not to play this year so I am guessing that is going on all around. With the ENCL teams taking some players has that helped or hurt the other teams in their recruiting?

I don't know how many teams at this age group there are that play in Plano and Arlington Divisions but I would think those age brackets would pretty much have to close up shop with the additional openings in D3.

There is not much time until we know the answers unless some teams are hanging on with low numbers and hoping to fill the spots after signing. I have heard of at least one with 12. I won't mention any names because I don't want to spread rumors that might not be true. At this age group I would be very worried about going into a season with a low roster. Too many injuries and other activities that can reduce the numbers even more.

Good luck to all that continue to play. Seems like only yesterday that we were doing Academy and now we are almost finished. Crying or Very sad

I have heard several. Solar Blue, FWFC, Texans red north, liverpool 95, there that should get something started you are too nice 95 dad.
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by grnsk8ed 27/06/11, 10:52 pm

Texans Red North has FULL roster...

grnsk8ed
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 28/06/11, 09:40 am

grnsk8ed wrote:Texans Red North has FULL roster...

Glad to hear they have a full roster. I know a couple of girls that had left the team. From looking at your website it looked like you had replaced them. Good luck in the upcoming season.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 29/06/11, 09:51 am

sounds like the ECNL tryouts that Solar 95 held truly benefitted Solar Royal also. Great Coach there....wish her many great returns.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 29/06/11, 11:08 am

Some teams that are clearly going to make actually have too many girls at practice right now. I hope the parents/girls who don't have a firm committment yet have some of these other teams on their radar. Bruno is an excellent coach and they are practicing at Dallas Sting which is a very nice facility.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 29/06/11, 11:52 am

MaggieMaggie wrote:Some teams that are clearly going to make actually have too many girls at practice right now. I hope the parents/girls who don't have a firm committment yet have some of these other teams on their radar. Bruno is an excellent coach and they are practicing at Dallas Sting which is a very nice facility.

as Sting SUPER GREEN or something like that??? (actually Sting White I think)

WHERE WILL THE MADNESS END???

I have a question....really. What is the benefit of being on the 4th team at even a really good club? You pay the same amount as the lady on the top team just to wear the uni...is there a benefit to it for the girls? I dont think so. I would be seeking cheaper options if this were me.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 29/06/11, 01:05 pm

BigBoy wrote:
MaggieMaggie wrote:Some teams that are clearly going to make actually have too many girls at practice right now. I hope the parents/girls who don't have a firm committment yet have some of these other teams on their radar. Bruno is an excellent coach and they are practicing at Dallas Sting which is a very nice facility.

I have a question....really. What is the benefit of being on the 4th team at even a really good club? You pay the same amount as the lady on the top team just to wear the uni...is there a benefit to it for the girls? I dont think so. I would be seeking cheaper options if this were me.

I would have completely agreed with you at one time and still do for the younger age groups/late bloomers. I don't think the big club system is patient or kind to the late bloomers. I once had an interesting conversation w a mom who truly felt the smaller clubs were there to work with the later bloomers and if they did blossom, it was her club's right to take these girls once developed, for their own good, mind you. IMO, there is too much pressure at too early an age which contributes to the high rate of burn out late middle school/high school. But, I think it is better to be a starter with pleny of field time than a pine rider on a higher level team. Can't get better if little opportunity for actual game time, not just training. At the older ages, being with a larger club with a national reputation, will get your dd to more show cases and will get your dd more college coaching exposure. If your dd does not want to play in college, you bet ... it only makes sense to play on a team for mainly social reasons. I'm not saying this as a dis. It makes time and money sense. Plus all the pressure to contact, maintain coaching contacts and going show cases is a waste of time/$$ for some. It also seems like some of the worst parents are the ones whose DDs are the 22nd rostered and it is clear they have joined particular teams just to have expensive bragging rights.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 29/06/11, 03:57 pm

BigBoy wrote:

I don't know if there is that big a difference in the dues between a Big Club (Sting, Texans, etc) than a smaller club(Tornados, etc). There are a few semi independants that are a good price but not sure if they can keep up when players move around. Besides, most of the Big clubs have multiple teams anyway and there is nowhere else to go. Sting will probably have 25% or more of the teams in Lake Highlands because they have so many teams.

One advantage that the big clubs MIGHT have at the older age groups is the ability to guest play within your club at Showcase tournaments, etc. I have seen this at Sting but don't know if this happens at the other clubs.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 29/06/11, 04:08 pm

u95g dad wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

I don't know if there is that big a difference in the dues between a Big Club (Sting, Texans, etc) than a smaller club(Tornados, etc). There are a few semi independants that are a good price but not sure if they can keep up when players move around. Besides, most of the Big clubs have multiple teams anyway and there is nowhere else to go. Sting will probably have 25% or more of the teams in Lake Highlands because they have so many teams.

One advantage that the big clubs MIGHT have at the older age groups is the ability to guest play within your club at Showcase tournaments, etc. I have seen this at Sting but don't know if this happens at the other clubs.

Yes, it is pretty fluid at FC between actual age groups and one age group up. A 95 might guest for 95s and/or 94s. I know a good friend was able to guest in Houston for another Solar team (95 on a 94 team) so know it has been done at least once there too.

MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlata 30/06/11, 06:36 pm

BigBoy wrote:

See below.. this sums it up.

Last edited by Zlata on 30/06/11, 06:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zlata
Zlata
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlata 30/06/11, 06:47 pm

Zlata wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

Let me give you a little anecdote about a local club that shall remain nameless. Once upon a time, this club had only an A and B team for the most part, in each age group.

It was a + for both teams, because the ones on the A team knew that they must work hard to stay on A.

The B team had a plus also. Work hard and you can possibly move to A (which some did)

An analogy would be like this: You have a packet of Kool-Aid that requires a quart of water to taste right. You add the packet into the quart and yummy, it tastes good.

Now fast forward to the present. Said club is stacked 4-5-6 deep on most age group teams. That packet of Kool-Aid has been dumped into an olympic size swimming pool.

And all the parents complain "Mo Money, Mo Money Mo Money" as they open the wallets. No such thing as economies of scale at this club.. It's a lose-win scenario. Lose for all parents and players, win for club owners and their compadres... And the beat goes on.. and ignorant parents get sucked in like flies to the bug-zapper.. Some get stung along the way too.
Zlata
Zlata
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 30/06/11, 07:16 pm

At least I like your icon. Smile

I liked it better when there were more clubs to pick from also but that is not the current landscape at this time. I really admire Feet for maintaining their one team per age group philosphy.

I think it started with the red koolaid but the blue koolaid has really expanded the pool. Now they even let boys swim. affraid
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 02/07/11, 11:29 am

I heard at our signing party that several girls were still looking for a team last minute. That is too bad that the coaches and kids/parents don't communicate if the player has a spot or not. I hope all the players that want to play are able to find a good home. Very Happy
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 03/07/11, 11:42 pm

Make sure you are dealing with a coach that does not lie about holding a spot either... but if he does, take it as an answer that you shouldn't be there and get on with the fun business of soccer! looking forward to another year of growth, challenge and development for my dd!
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 04/07/11, 12:07 am

AgGermany wrote:Make sure you are dealing with a coach that does not lie about holding a spot either... but if he does, take it as an answer that you shouldn't be there and get on with the fun business of soccer! looking forward to another year of growth, challenge and development for my dd!

Yes, one coach last year had the manager send out invitations to the signing party. Way too many girls were invited to the "signing party". He actually held a new team first practice with all the girls. The girls who were not being made offers found out when the information packets were handed out at the end and when the manager walked by the cut girls/parents. VERY POOR since a few of these girls were left in limbo without a team. I have not heard any horror stories this bad this year. There did appear to be a small waive of girls showing up late for some teams. All I can think is they were trying to get on top teams and stayed a little too long. Sadly by that time,the D2 and most D3 spots were also committed. The lesson is if you are still wondering towards mid to late June, you must have a solid plan B in the works too. Sort of like college rush. Bad idea to "suicide" one club with no acceptable back up.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 04/07/11, 09:08 am

Wow! That sounds exactly like the loser coach I am speaking of and his manager... I'd be suprised if it wasn't the same team.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 06/07/11, 09:51 pm

AgGermany wrote:Wow! That sounds exactly like the loser coach I am speaking of and his manager... I'd be suprised if it wasn't the same team.

Do tell, we are almost done....who cares!! LOL could be funny especially if they are from Arlington. LOL
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 07/07/11, 01:26 pm

Nope, different stories! Sounded alot like what WAS an Arlington coach and manager story!
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 8901kazmar 07/07/11, 03:29 pm

American Eagles 98 Girls Blue Team-- We are still looking for 3 to 5 players. Our team is a Plano II Team. WE would be open to select players and recreational players. I would also be open to mature strong 99's or 00's. Please contact me "Alex Schindler" directly at 214-415-7507 Mobil or alexschindler@americaneaglessc.org - You may also go to our website at www.americaneaglessc.org. We are formerly the DFW Tornados Soccer Club.

8901kazmar
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 07/07/11, 06:38 pm

8901kazmar wrote:American Eagles 98 Girls Blue Team-- We are still looking for 3 to 5 players. Our team is a Plano II Team. WE would be open to select players and recreational players. I would also be open to mature strong 99's or 00's. Please contact me "Alex Schindler" directly at 214-415-7507 Mobil or alexschindler@americaneaglessc.org - You may also go to our website at www.americaneaglessc.org. We are formerly the DFW Tornados Soccer Club.

scratch Huh? Are you and your 98s (with those "strong" 99s and 000s) going to play up this year? Or are you just looking for some little sisters??
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 07/07/11, 09:18 pm

8901kazmar wrote:American Eagles 98 Girls Blue Team-- We are still looking for 3 to 5 players. Our team is a Plano II Team. WE would be open to select players and recreational players. I would also be open to mature strong 99's or 00's. Please contact me "Alex Schindler" directly at 214-415-7507 Mobil or alexschindler@americaneaglessc.org - You may also go to our website at www.americaneaglessc.org. We are formerly the DFW Tornados Soccer Club.

I think you made a left, when you should have made a right turn. LOL
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 18/07/11, 06:14 pm

So what are the final totals? From what I have heard/seen it looks like Solar Blue did not make. I don't know if Solar found a team to replace that bye or if they have to give it up.

I also see that Solar White has moved to Liverpool. I am guessing the team took the bye with them to Liverpool or it would not make any sense to move the team.

I think FWFC made a late rush and was able to field a team. I am not sure about Liverpool Dalglish (prev Sting Silver).

If Solar Blue did not make or replace the team then it would appear Sting West Blue would be the next team to move up to D2. That would leave 1 or 2 teams in D3 with only 7 in qualifying. Looks like there is no need for a QT.

What happened to Odyssey? I thought they would have signed up for the QT?

Anybody else have any news or clarification?
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/07/11, 06:20 pm

u95g dad wrote:So what are the final totals? From what I have heard/seen it looks like Solar Blue did not make. I don't know if Solar found a team to replace that bye or if they have to give it up.

I also see that Solar White has moved to Liverpool. I am guessing the team took the bye with them to Liverpool or it would not make any sense to move the team.

I think FWFC made a late rush and was able to field a team. I am not sure about Liverpool Dalglish (prev Sting Silver).

If Solar Blue did not make or replace the team then it would appear Sting West Blue would be the next team to move up to D2. That would leave 1 or 2 teams in D3 with only 7 in qualifying. Looks like there is no need for a QT.

What happened to Odyssey? I thought they would have signed up for the QT?

Anybody else have any news or clarification?

Who's on first.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next