North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Feet Expanding - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Feet Expanding

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Feet Expanding - Page 3 Empty Re: Feet Expanding

Post by bigtex75081 08/12/11, 12:27 pm

96Guru wrote:Fact is, Feet never wanted it to be about the money, they wanted to be about development, in a good environment that woudl prepare the player for what they will experience when they get to to college. The training, learning the game and not being dead set on win, win,win. Developing players! UNC, you come from a place where all of the focus is on winning. How is the development over there? I all to often have seen girls leave your club because they were just beat down and told they werent good enough. We will just replace you. Or, we are ahead in the game so lets pack the box and not play straight up soccer. What does that teach exactly?

I would love to see some stats on how many players dropped out of soccer after their first year of college because they were not prepared for what was coming at them. They were not taught integrity, how to be humble and how to work hard on learning the game in case the college they attend plays them in a different position than what they were used to.

Let me tell you, if you are in club right now at the U14 or below level, you need to step back and ask yourself, "is my daughter truly learning respect for the game and how the game is played, or is she being taught to always send it to one person everytime because that is how we win?"
Too much emphasis is put on winning and not learning. If you learn the game, you will win.
Being in the middle of the pack in standings is not a problem. When a college coach approaches your daughter and says "she is a great forward but want her as a defender and will give her a fully scholarship if she can play that position. Has she ever played it?"
Its a problem if your answer is "my daughter has never played it but she can learn". Your answer should be "my daughter is a soccer player, she can play any position"

Your daughter might score 100 goals this but many coaches will be looking at the players around her that made it happen.

All of the D'Feeter coaches have other jobs. They dont coach for a living. It was never about being a business. Yes they get paid and not like some of the other club coaches that do it as their only source of income.

The only way Feet, as a club, can keep up with attracting players is to expand to offer more options. They are a victim of the business this has become.

I have never my decision to play my daughter for Feet. She has learned valuable life lessons that stretch a lot further than just soccer. Her coach is a heck of role model and for as much time as she spends at soccer practice, I want her being influenced by someone that is as good of a person as he is a coach.

Good post. We need more posts that say, "We do it better and this is how..."

What's the over/under on Hassan's annual salary? $200K?

bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/11, 01:04 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
96Guru wrote:Fact is, Feet never wanted it to be about the money, they wanted to be about development, in a good environment that woudl prepare the player for what they will experience when they get to to college. The training, learning the game and not being dead set on win, win,win. Developing players! UNC, you come from a place where all of the focus is on winning. How is the development over there? I all to often have seen girls leave your club because they were just beat down and told they werent good enough. We will just replace you. Or, we are ahead in the game so lets pack the box and not play straight up soccer. What does that teach exactly?

I would love to see some stats on how many players dropped out of soccer after their first year of college because they were not prepared for what was coming at them. They were not taught integrity, how to be humble and how to work hard on learning the game in case the college they attend plays them in a different position than what they were used to.

Let me tell you, if you are in club right now at the U14 or below level, you need to step back and ask yourself, "is my daughter truly learning respect for the game and how the game is played, or is she being taught to always send it to one person everytime because that is how we win?"
Too much emphasis is put on winning and not learning. If you learn the game, you will win.
Being in the middle of the pack in standings is not a problem. When a college coach approaches your daughter and says "she is a great forward but want her as a defender and will give her a fully scholarship if she can play that position. Has she ever played it?"
Its a problem if your answer is "my daughter has never played it but she can learn". Your answer should be "my daughter is a soccer player, she can play any position"

Your daughter might score 100 goals this but many coaches will be looking at the players around her that made it happen.

All of the D'Feeter coaches have other jobs. They dont coach for a living. It was never about being a business. Yes they get paid and not like some of the other club coaches that do it as their only source of income.

The only way Feet, as a club, can keep up with attracting players is to expand to offer more options. They are a victim of the business this has become.

I have never my decision to play my daughter for Feet. She has learned valuable life lessons that stretch a lot further than just soccer. Her coach is a heck of role model and for as much time as she spends at soccer practice, I want her being influenced by someone that is as good of a person as he is a coach.

I'll go with the over and walk away with an easy win. I've seen the numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 08/12/11, 01:11 pm

giggedy wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

I'll go with the over and walk away with an easy win. I've seen the numbers.
lol! I'll also take the over. I started with a much higher number but re-typed it 3 times.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 08/12/11, 01:43 pm

If Feet is all about developing, why aren't there better results for them at the older age groups? And as far as a good environment, how come on the 95's, off the original U-11 rosters, Sting has 8 Texans have 7 and Feet have 2, maybe 3? Obviously, they either quit or moved to other teams. Meanwhile, Sting and Texans are still winning. They must also be developing. I really don't know anything about the other age groups. With them, I use records.

Whenever a kid leaves any team, it is because they didn't want to be there. You will hear all kinds of things as to why they left. Don't believe everything you're told.

College? There were plenty of North Texas players in the NCAA finals, why don't you ask them how prepared they were? I'll give Feet credit for Chi. She is tremendous.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 08/12/11, 01:48 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:If Feet is all about developing, why aren't there better results for them at the older age groups? And as far as a good environment, how come on the 95's, off the original U-11 rosters, Sting has 8 Texans have 7 and Feet have 2, maybe 3? Obviously, they either quit or moved to other teams. Meanwhile, Sting and Texans are still winning. They must also be developing. I really don't know anything about the other age groups. With them, I use records.

Whenever a kid leaves any team, it is because they didn't want to be there. You will hear all kinds of things as to why they left. Don't believe everything you're told.

College? There were plenty of North Texas players in the NCAA finals, why don't you ask them how prepared they were? I'll give Feet credit for Chi. She is tremendous.

three things that limit Feet:
NO Space for more teams
NO Lights, although promised for years before my dd's tenure there
NO Scholarship $$

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 08/12/11, 03:23 pm

Sorry Unc, not gonna let this go. You took a cheap shot at D’Feeters and you had the chance to recant….but didn’t. For someone who’s been down the same path as us (and more specifically our girls) it disappoints and angers me that you somehow see fit to diminish their accomplishments. No one said Feet were the best, only that they were solid. Why does that require a cynical BS response? Maybe you were prodding and trying to be funny….but if so, I don’t see the humor. This is amidst a thread concerning a club some of us care a lot about. The younger age groups are struggling right now and your throwing salt in the wound is not cool….especially since it’s unprovoked and unfounded. Guru alluded to some of the values Feet tries to instill….competing with integrity and respecting our competition….not in your manual, huh? Now that you know how I feel, I’ll address your smarmy comments, since you seem unwilling to. (suggesting Feet is not “solid” and that “results” somehow support that).

For starters, this forum is comprised of team parents from all facets of NTX soccer….ECNL, LHGCL, Plano Premier, Rec, etc. On average I’d estimate there are 75-80 select teams alone, at u11 which whittles down to about 50-60 by the time they hit u16. For 95% of these folks, who is #1 or who is #2 in each age group is not a factor in their daily lives. So, if you believe “solid” is defined solely as #1 or #2 in North Texas….I think you’re in the minority. ANY interpretation of “solid” outside of that would certainly include Feet. Why wouldn’t that arbitrary line be put between #1 and #2….why does it rest between #2 and #3. Texans are far less relevant these days than Sting….wouldn’t you agree? But that doesn’t mean Texans aren’t “solid.” Why is it that in your elitist world Sting and Texans are relevant and Feet are not (and Solar and FC Dallas, for that matter)?

It’s also a little odd to call attention to the fact that no Feet team sits higher in the ECNL national standings than #16 (which I might add, has 66 of the country’s best teams). While it is true, I don’t know that it’s relevant for purposes of assessing a local team’s strength. You’re comparing apples and oranges. In the older age groups, Feet will typically be in the top 5 in NTX….so whether that is out of 50 teams or 80 teams; I’d call that “solid.”

Results? OK, let’s talk results….
Let’s take last year’s final results (our most recent barometer of a full year) and look at the “older” Feet team’s results. I’ll call older teams u14-u18. BTW, 3 Feet teams earned their way to Regionals this summer….not too bad, but I guess not “solid,” huh?

u18 (93s) –
Regional semi-finalist, 2nd place Premier league, 2nd place LHGCL. Prior year, Region 3 champs, advanced to Nationals, Premier League champions
College commitments: San Jose State, Vassar College, Univ of Memphis, Texas Tech, College of St. Rose-New York, Univ of Alabama, UTEP, UTEP, UTEP, Univ of Memphis, UNT, UNT, Jacksonville St, Belmont Univ, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Sam Houston St, Stanford Univ, Central Arkansas
Not many teams can match that resume. Pretty “solid” if you ask me..

u17 (94s) –
6th place D1 LHGCL, 3rd place ECNL “B” bracket. Previously Region 3 champs, advanced to Nationals, competed in National League. Currently, 8-3 in ECNL with 4 wins vs “A” bracket teams.
College commitments: Arkansas St, Arkansas St, Arkansas St, E Central Okla, E Central Okla, Texas Tech, Univ Ala–Birmingham, Abilene Christian, Baylor, SMU, Texas Tech, Stephen F. Austin, Mid Tennessee State

u16 (95s) –
Unc should know this team as well as anyone. Aren’t they solid? Beat you in State Cup where they advanced to Finals ( I think your season series with them was even 1-1-1). Third place premier league (higher than your Texans), advanced to Regionals. LHGCL D1 3rd place (1 point behind your Texans), previous State Cup winners. Finished ECNL “A” bracket in middle of pack. Not National Champs but a pretty solid team, wouldn’t you say?
College commitments thus far: UTEP, Baylor, UTEP, UNT, Sam Houston, TCU, TCU, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor

u15 (96s) –
Premier League Champs, 2nd place LHGCL, Regional finalist. Narrowly missed top 8 in ECNL “A” bracket to vie for Natl Champs. Has won State Cup, has been LHGCL Grand Champs, WAGS semifinalist, Surf Cup semifinalist, Jefferson Cup finalist. Currently, u16 ECNL “A” bracket….still recovering from numerous long-term injuries. Cup half full = (only lost 3 ECNL games this year out of 14) Cup half empty = (only won 2 and tied 9). While not in a great stretch, this team is relevant and “solid.”
College commitments thus far: SMU, Florida Intl Univ

u14 (97s) –
6th place D1 LHGCL, Semifinalist Dallas Intl Cup, Finalist Orange Classic. Currently playing ECNL “A” bracket (u15)….after slow start, losing first 4 games, they’ve won 6 and tied 1 (including a win over Sting ’97 ECNL National champs, who had not previously lost a game in well over a year). I’d say they’re heading in the right direction and I’d call them “solid.”

Unc, the tone of your last post implies that the grass is most certainly greener at Texans (I'd suggest that’s up for debate). You might want to check the pulse with your 96 team. I doubt you’d get much support from them.

socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 08/12/11, 03:27 pm

Nice post, Guru.

So are you saying that Feet is now planning to abandon the Development approach, and do the Business approach by expansion?

It also reminds me of something my coach told me many years ago......."Development is what you do if you can't win, so that you can start winning"
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/11, 03:41 pm

Whatever is shaping up at Feet I hope they pull it off and come out stronger. I remember coming to the metroplex for tourneys watching my sisters '79 team play. I always wanted to see Feet and Sting on the tourney schedule, meant for damn good games.

I would say they are solid, not that it matters for much, but the focus at this point I think needs to be those younger teams in the academy ages, and they need to get out into the outer laying cities where they can attract some of that talent to build on over time.

Good example you just had two solid TXblack gold squads swallowed whole by the Texans. '04s and '05s. Young yes, but how quickly the time will fly and they will be sitting on the doorstep of select. Those could have been in Feet green instead of Texan red.

That is what this is all about isn't it, teaching a love for the game, building confident young ladies, skilled at the sport and all the life lessons it brings with it.

Isn't it??

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 08/12/11, 04:17 pm

tl;dr (too long didn't read)

You would think, after all these years, that Feet parents, especially the parents of older ones, would have thicker skin.

As the late great Sergeant Hulka once said, "Lighten up, Francis."

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 08/12/11, 04:24 pm

Gunners wrote:tl;dr (too long didn't read)

You would think, after all these years, that Feet parents, especially the parents of older ones, would have thicker skin.

Wrong time of the month...
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/11, 04:33 pm

Soccerfan09 wrote:Whatever is shaping up at Feet I hope they pull it off and come out stronger. I remember coming to the metroplex for tourneys watching my sisters '79 team play. I always wanted to see Feet and Sting on the tourney schedule, meant for damn good games.

I would say they are solid, not that it matters for much, but the focus at this point I think needs to be those younger teams in the academy ages, and they need to get out into the outer laying cities where they can attract some of that talent to build on over time.

Good example you just had two solid TXblack gold squads swallowed whole by the Texans. '04s and '05s. Young yes, but how quickly the time will fly and they will be sitting on the doorstep of select. Those could have been in Feet green instead of Texan red.

That is what this is all about isn't it, teaching a love for the game, building confident young ladies, skilled at the sport and all the life lessons it brings with it.

Isn't it??

What have you been smoking? Yes, I love the novel concept as highlighted in red; but we're talking select soccer here. A guy like Unc bleeds Texans red and nothing else. Looks like green is flowing through Guru's veins. But here's an unfortunate news flash: Neither of these clubs (nor Sting, FC Dallas, et al) are overly concerned with the kids playing on the teams. It's all a business. Didn't start out that way but it sure as hell is what it's all become. If a girl is on the top Texans Red team and can't keep up as she gets older - she's gone. See ya, sucka. A better player comes along in June and would be a step up from the 17th player on D'Feeters? Later loser. They'll all replace a girl because someone better is available. Development is secondary to winning for every D1 team and most D2/D3 teams when you get right down to it.

Please, everyone, do yourself a favor and don't buy into this crap about "Club X develops, whereas Club Y and Z only recruit their way to success". It's a crock. The coaches are paid to win at the higher levels and your kid is a commodity. Those at the lower levels get more of a break, but then the parents are always looking elsewhere because so many perceive that their daughters can only be successful on the "best" teams playing for the "best" coach alongside the "best" talent. What a farce. When all is said and done, most of you will spend major money and sacrifice loads of time to end up with a daughter who really only plays average soccer. You'll think she's great because she's your own flesh and blood. But if your kid does go onto play soccer in college, you'll show up to the game along with the other 50 parents and boyfriends (or girlfriends) and realize... all that time and money for this???

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 08/12/11, 04:34 pm

Gunners wrote:tl;dr (too long didn't read)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/12/11, 04:47 pm

Xara wrote:
Soccerfan09 wrote:Whatever is shaping up at Feet I hope they pull it off and come out stronger. I remember coming to the metroplex for tourneys watching my sisters '79 team play. I always wanted to see Feet and Sting on the tourney schedule, meant for damn good games.

Isn't it??

What have you been smoking? Yes, I love the novel concept as highlighted in red; but we're talking select soccer here. A guy like Unc bleeds Texans red and nothing else. Looks like green is flowing through Guru's veins. But here's an unfortunate news flash: Neither of these clubs (nor Sting, FC Dallas, et al) are overly concerned with the kids playing on the teams. It's all a business. Didn't start out that way but it sure as hell is what it's all become. If a girl is on the top Texans Red team and can't keep up as she gets older - she's gone. See ya, sucka. A better player comes along in June and would be a step up from the 17th player on D'Feeters? Later loser. They'll all replace a girl because someone better is available. Development is secondary to winning for every D1 team and most D2/D3 teams when you get right down to it.

Please, everyone, do yourself a favor and don't buy into this crap about "Club X develops, whereas Club Y and Z only recruit their way to success". It's a crock. The coaches are paid to win at the higher levels and your kid is a commodity. Those at the lower levels get more of a break, but then the parents are always looking elsewhere because so many perceive that their daughters can only be successful on the "best" teams playing for the "best" coach alongside the "best" talent. What a farce. When all is said and done, most of you will spend major money and sacrifice loads of time to end up with a daughter who really only plays average soccer. You'll think she's great because she's your own flesh and blood. But if your kid does go onto play soccer in college, you'll show up to the game along with the other 50 parents and boyfriends (or girlfriends) and realize... all that time and money for this???

There was a tad bit of sarcasm intended with my statement.

You are correct in your statement that this is a business, but there are still a few out there that done exactly take that road.

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 09/12/11, 11:07 am

Wow, I know I don't get on here as much as I used to but stopped by to catch up and find a 5 page thread on D'Feeters expansion is purty interesting...the fact that D'Feeters plan to add 1 more team per age group going forward so that the Club can stay involved in US Youth program as well as the ECNL shouldn't be that big of a deal. My dd is close to graduating so I doubt it will have much effect on me personally but it seems like a good idea for the Club and it makes perfect sense to me. The Club will remain dedicated to the development of female soccer players and this decision will just provide more opportunities for players in the future. Having a team able to play in LHGCL,Premier League, State Cup etc while at the same time having an opportunity for that "elite" player to develop and have the potential to move to an even higher level of play with the ECNL team just seems like a win-win situation for both players and the Club.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 09/12/11, 01:06 pm

brokedawg wrote:Wow, I know I don't get on here as much as I used to but stopped by to catch up and find a 5 page thread on D'Feeters expansion is purty interesting...the fact that D'Feeters plan to add 1 more team per age group going forward so that the Club can stay involved in US Youth program as well as the ECNL shouldn't be that big of a deal. My dd is close to graduating so I doubt it will have much effect on me personally but it seems like a good idea for the Club and it makes perfect sense to me. The Club will remain dedicated to the development of female soccer players and this decision will just provide more opportunities for players in the future. Having a team able to play in LHGCL,Premier League, State Cup etc while at the same time having an opportunity for that "elite" player to develop and have the potential to move to an even higher level of play with the ECNL team just seems like a win-win situation for both players and the Club.

Well said, 'Dawg. That fairly succinctly wraps it up.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 09/12/11, 01:47 pm

brokedawg wrote:Wow, I know I don't get on here as much as I used to but stopped by to catch up and find a 5 page thread on D'Feeters expansion is purty interesting...the fact that D'Feeters plan to add 1 more team per age group going forward so that the Club can stay involved in US Youth program as well as the ECNL shouldn't be that big of a deal. My dd is close to graduating so I doubt it will have much effect on me personally but it seems like a good idea for the Club and it makes perfect sense to me. The Club will remain dedicated to the development of female soccer players and this decision will just provide more opportunities for players in the future. Having a team able to play in LHGCL,Premier League, State Cup etc while at the same time having an opportunity for that "elite" player to develop and have the potential to move to an even higher level of play with the ECNL team just seems like a win-win situation for both players and the Club.

your avatar is vaguely familiar...

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 09/12/11, 03:27 pm

Grifter wrote:

BD owns that avatar. Day oner!
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 09/12/11, 09:26 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
Grifter wrote:

Yep,everybody who's anybody knows that's a fact! Cool
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 09/12/11, 09:38 pm

brokedawg wrote:
fatherofoneplayer wrote:
Grifter wrote:

Yep,everybody who's anybody knows that's a fact! Cool

that is cool.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 09/12/11, 10:49 pm

Broke ... did I read right?

Your DD (U17) is on the US National U18 team?

If so, Congrats!
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 10/12/11, 09:43 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:Broke ... did I read right?

If so, Congrats!
Thanks Kenshi,I will tell her you said congrats.I am hoping she does well but have already told her that regardless of the outcome the fact she is even getting a look is an accomplishment and speaks to all the hard work she has put into the game. She will be at their camp in Florida next week and of course she is excited about the opportunity.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/11, 11:03 am

brokedawg wrote:
Kenshi Dave wrote:Broke ... did I read right?

If so, Congrats!
Thanks Kenshi,I will tell her you said congrats.I am hoping she does well but have already told her that regardless of the outcome the fact she is even getting a look is an accomplishment and speaks to all the hard work she has put into the game. She will be at their camp in Florida next week and of course she is excited about the opportunity.
Well so much for Feet not producing solid players! I think if you gauge amount of players from an age group of a club to the amount sent to national camps from club. Feet probably does pretty well!

Example: 22 from Feet from one age group in their club. 1 sent to a national camp.
150 from typical large club from one age group. 2 sent to a national camp.

That is just an example. Please don't put my feet to the fire!!!lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 10/12/11, 03:12 pm

All the top N Tx ECNL-type clubs/teams have success stories similar to this ... The top team from Texans, Sting, Solar, & Feet ... although for some reason FCD Dallas seems to have less success.

And I don't buy that the larger clubs have "more to pick from" argument ... you make it sound like they have a farm system ... IT REALLY DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT (except at FCD ... hmm). The better teams retain their better players and then recruit other good players ... and then go on to develop all the players on the team.

Historically top players have migrated to the top teams of the top clubs. Texans playing for the 2nd best Texan team were no more likely to end up on the top Texan team than any other player in the metroplex.

Development on the top Texan team, top Solar team, top Sting team, and Feet's only team have been very similar ... and make no mistake ... the top club also recruits the top players (and then proceeds to develop them as well).

Broke's daughter is a great Feet example... she has been with Feet since U8 ... Skip shooting & Finishing at U10, Skip coaching U10 & U11, Shea at the older ages, and the entire Feet program (including ECNL). She's now on the U18 National Team and committed to Baylor. Feet 93 also has a great example now starring at National Champions Stanford ... signed w feet at U11 and played throughout.

Last year's Notre Dame National Championship team was chock full of Texans ... to the point that they mentioned the evil empire on the ESPN broadcast.

Sting has arguably been the strongest north texas club/team on the national scene for the past 3 years ... and their college commitments reflect that success.

All the clubs can point to great development examples ... with the 95s (Juniors - graduating 2013), the top Texan, Feet, & Sting teams have most of their girls committed to great college programs (w big $$$ between athletic and academic).

Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/11, 03:36 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:All the top N Tx ECNL-type clubs/teams have success stories similar to this ... The top team from Texans, Sting, Solar, & Feet ... although for some reason FCD Dallas seems to have less success.

And I don't buy that the larger clubs have "more to pick from" argument ... you make it sound like they have a farm system ... IT REALLY DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT (except at FCD ... hmm). The better teams retain their better players and then recruit other good players ... and then go on to develop all the players on the team.

Historically top players have migrated to the top teams of the top clubs. Texans playing for the 2nd best Texan team were no more likely to end up on the top Texan team than any other player in the metroplex.

Development on the top Texan team, top Solar team, top Sting team, and Feet's only team have been very similar ... and make no mistake ... the top club also recruits the top players (and then proceeds to develop them as well).

Broke's daughter is a great Feet example... she has been with Feet since U8 ... Skip shooting & Finishing at U10, Skip coaching U10 & U11, Shea at the older ages, and the entire Feet program (including ECNL). She's now on the U18 National Team and committed to Baylor. Feet 93 also has a great example now starring at National Champions Stanford ... signed w feet at U11 and played throughout.

Last year's Notre Dame National Championship team was chock full of Texans ... to the point that they mentioned the evil empire on the ESPN broadcast.

Sting has arguably been the strongest north texas club/team on the national scene for the past 3 years ... and their college commitments reflect that success.

All the clubs can point to great development examples ... with the 95s (Juniors - graduating 2013), the top Texan, Feet, & Sting teams have most of their girls committed to great college programs (w big $$$ between athletic and academic).

My point exactly. They do the same with less $ resources.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 10/12/11, 06:04 pm

Broke ... "Regardless of outcome" ... so I guess the way it works is that she's been invited to work out with U18 National team with hopes of making it?

Still very impressive regardless of outcome.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 10/12/11, 06:23 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:
Still very impressive regardless of outcome.

Absolutely! Well Done!
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next