North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together

Post by 02Dad 01/12/11, 05:03 pm

LoneStar wrote:or it could be a recruiting toll for people that had no idea you existed.

You mean there is soccer outside of North Dallas?

I thought that was a joke.

02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together

Post by JeffM 01/12/11, 05:15 pm

coachr wrote:I'm proud of everyone for not being lured into gossiping about this team's manager or ex-coach Ron's defenciencies in teaching DDs to shoot.

I was just impressed the person who started the thread had more than 1 post.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 01/12/11, 06:44 pm

soccerlady wrote:
Balotelli Fan wrote:
UR> wrote:Ron is your goal to hurt the team manager by this post or just the little girls you used to coach. Because as of right now you have acheived the latter.

How has Ron hurt the little ones he used to coach? Are they on here reading this? silent

ok, well, usually the question is....who is DM. Now the question is....who is Ron?

[img]Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together - Page 2 1wf-ga10[/img]

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 01/12/11, 09:26 pm

60% of the time it's 100% of the time Ron Burgundy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 01/12/11, 11:59 pm

Inspired wrote:After seeing this team lost 3 games in one weekend
at texans fall festival I am sure the manager won't be happy. She couldn't handle losing 3 times in a season much less losing 3 in one weekend.the coach better be looking over his shoulder. According to her it's all about winning. For any team lo..oking for some good players .may be good place to look

Why do this, there are 9 and 10 year old girls involved? If you aren't happy with your team, leave... Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Sad
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by #9156 02/12/11, 06:22 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:
at texans fall festival I am sure the manager won't be happy. She couldn't handle losing 3 times in a season much less losing 3 in one weekend.the coach better be looking over his shoulder. According to her it's all about winning. For any team lo..oking for some good players .may be good place to look

Why do this, there are 9 and 10 year old girls involved? If you aren't happy with your team, leave...

Inspired was the coach of this team -- not a parent on the team. The team left over 8 months ago and went to the new club together. Inspired (Ron) was a good coach...but come on get over the attacks on the manager. It was never about loosing 3 games in a season. The manager and I both asked the coach months before leaving to communicate with the parents what was going on with the club and nothing was communicated until it was too late!

One other thing...I have multiple children that play academy and/or select soccer for multiple clubs. For us it is about finding a great group of girls (talented and friendly) for our children to play with and a strong coach that is able to develop the gilrs. DTFW has a great group of girls, great parents, and a great coach! Don't count this team out! Laughing

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longing4agame 02/12/11, 08:01 am

02Dad wrote:
LoneStar wrote:or it could be a recruiting toll for people that had no idea you existed.

You mean there is soccer outside of North Dallas?

I thought that was a joke.

Laughing
Longing4agame
Longing4agame
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by b4669 15/12/11, 10:01 pm

If it was the DT manager’s fault that the coach lost his 02 team, why is half of his 94’ girl’s team planning to jump ship next season. Losing a few players is one thing, but losing a whole team is another. I'm sure there was a good reason for the 02’s leaving. Maybe he should pay more attention to the girls he still coaches. And another thing you blame the manager, but all of the teams left Fort Worth United.

b4669
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 15/12/11, 10:06 pm

Van Halen had a hard time staying together too.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 15/12/11, 11:18 pm

Grifter wrote:Van Halen had a hard time staying together too.

Lets not forget OJ and Nicole.
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 15/12/11, 11:40 pm

b4669 wrote:If it was the DT manager’s fault that the coach lost his 02 team, why is half of his 94’ girl’s team planning to jump ship next season. Losing a few players is one thing, but losing a whole team is another. I'm sure there was a good reason for the 02’s leaving. Maybe he should pay more attention to the girls he still coaches. And another thing you blame the manager, but all of the teams left Fort Worth United.

That would probably have something to do with college?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/12/11, 02:28 am

#9156 wrote:
1more_dd_dad wrote:

Why do this, there are 9 and 10 year old girls involved? If you aren't happy with your team, leave...

Inspired was the coach of this team -- not a parent on the team. The team left over 8 months ago and went to the new club together. Inspired (Ron) was a good coach...but come on get over the attacks on the manager. It was never about loosing 3 games in a season. The manager and I both asked the coach months before leaving to communicate with the parents what was going on with the club and nothing was communicated until it was too late!

One other thing...I have multiple children that play academy and/or select soccer for multiple clubs. For us it is about finding a great group of girls (talented and friendly) for our children to play with and a strong coach that is able to develop the gilrs. DTFW has a great group of girls, great parents, and a great coach! Don't count this team out! Laughing
I didn't read what you wrote but you do realize everyone will blame you for this crappy team's break up. DM could make this team undefeated!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by #9156 16/12/11, 07:01 am

... you do realize everyone will blame you for this crappy team's break up.

Ok Coach R – I’ll play along…
While it would be very easy to figure out who I am and who my children are by what teams I post about on the forum, to someone that is familiar with the teams they play for, I really find it surprising that you are one of those few people.
However, if I truly am the reason that DTFW falls apart, I am wondering is it because:
A) My daughter guest played indoor last weekend with another team, for fun
B) My daughter has Severs in both feet and cried for 2 hours after the indoor game last night that she wants to take off the next 2 weeks and let herself get better
C) My daughter was accepted into a school of ballet and is thinking about giving up soccer all together
D) I can no longer afford to pay for all 3 of my children to play as well as my daughter’s best friend that plays on the team with her
Here’s a hint…there is no good answer to this question! My heart breaks right now for my 9 year old who has to make decisions that most adults would struggle with.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 16/12/11, 07:31 am

#9156 wrote:... you do realize everyone will blame you for this crappy team's break up.

While it would be very easy to figure out who I am and who my children are by what teams I post about on the forum, to someone that is familiar with the teams they play for, I really find it surprising that you are one of those few people.
However, if I truly am the reason that DTFW falls apart, I am wondering is it because:
B) My daughter has Severs in both feet and cried for 2 hours after the indoor game last night that she wants to take off the next 2 weeks and let herself get better
C) My daughter was accepted into a school of ballet and is thinking about giving up soccer all together
D) I can no longer afford to pay for all 3 of my children to play as well as my daughter’s best friend that plays on the team with her
Here’s a hint…there is no good answer to this question! My heart breaks right now for my 9 year old who has to make decisions that most adults would struggle with.

9156, that was a lot of sharing! I'm sorry for what your dd is going through and I hope she gets better soon.

I think the parents on your team must be really committed as I know you all played 9v9 this season because you were short players. I think it takes dedication to the group to stay together in that situation.

I am not trying to disparage your coach and each team/coach has their rules, but hasn't your coach strongly discouraged guest playing in the past? I know from parent talk that is a factor in a few parents on our side of town deciding not to come out to your practice
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 16/12/11, 09:03 am

#9156 wrote:... you do realize everyone will blame you for this crappy team's break up.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/12/11, 10:10 am

Grifter wrote:

fished in? Are we going back to Wayne and Garth on that one?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/12/11, 10:16 am

I'm sorry you're going through so much. I've been there. Now let's look at my post that you responded to. The first thing I said was that I didn't read any of your post. I found a way to slip in some DM. That's all.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 16/12/11, 10:18 am

precisely.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by notdavidmay 16/12/11, 01:52 pm

coachr wrote:I'm sorry you're going through so much. I've been there. Now let's look at my post that you responded to. The first thing I said was that I didn't read any of your post. I found a way to slip in some DM. That's all.

So many things wrong with this post.
notdavidmay
notdavidmay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 17/12/11, 01:03 am

rip christopher hutchins....

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/11, 07:02 am

I imagine Christopher Hitchens is doing a lot of fast talking and back pedaling bout now.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 17/12/11, 09:01 am

Cant yall see that who ever started this post wanted people to know about their team. Lets get over it. If they brake up fine, if not good. To tell you the truth I've never seen or herd of DT.F.W. But NOW I have because of this dum post. Have a good weekend yall.

Last edited by Guess Who on 17/12/11, 09:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 17/12/11, 09:15 am

This is what the coach will say if this team doesnt pay dues. LOL
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/11, 10:22 am

Actually, I think that was in a fundraiser email sent from the club.Better get to selling those flowers, candy bars, cookie dough.... Or else

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 17/12/11, 01:17 pm

Guess Who wrote:Cant yall see that who ever started this post wanted people to know about their team. Lets get over it. If they brake up fine, if not good. To tell you the truth I've never seen or herd of DT.F.W. But NOW I have because of this dum post. Have a good weekend yall.
Back to Arkham City for you!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Don't count on dallas texans fort worth powell staying together - Page 2 Empty Your analysis during the tournament

Post by Soccer10t 31/12/11, 04:10 pm

When you were analyzing the texans play during the tournament did you notice that several of the players were new players. It is a fact that two of the forwards are new players to the team and this was the first game action on their new team. They played previously on a solid FWFC team that gave Polaris an absolute handful when the two teams would play. FWFC would win some of the matchups and Polaris would win some of the matchups.Lets give them time to grow on their new team before passing judgment. It is pretty childish and hateful to post things that are intended to cause drama on a soccer team made up of 9 year olds. 90% of all of these girls will not be playing competitive soccer any further than their high school years. So posting remarks that have evil intentions does nothing to strengthen the chances of your daughter or team achieving anything beyond the academy level. Play at this level should be aimed to teach the girls the importance of teamwork, hard work and determination. Life skills should be the goal. The elite players will separate themselves from the pack on their own. Don't live your life through these little girls and allow them to grow on their
own. Your days for athletic glory have come and gone.

Soccer10t
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum