North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already

Go down

well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already Empty well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already

Post by tallsoccerdad 13/08/12, 01:19 pm

recently at a friendly session. and as the game starts there is a parent screaming about this and that.. cussing the refs, cause his DD was called for this and for that... (why he wasn't ejected and the DD carded I dont know.)

first half over and the Parent (I say that for lack of a better term) is quieted down by the other REAL parents on the team/. I think, as I stopped hearing him...

start of the second half and what do you know... out comes the beverly hills (ok lake highlands ninja..) and throws a leg tackle that yes it gets ball butt also kicks the DD in the butt.. making a very good leg tackle in JUdo.. but not flippin good on a soccer field.... good thing the DD who recieved was able to roll somehow and not get injured...

foul is called and off goes the dad about being unfair and that was all ball!!,,, it isnt his DD's fault the stupid player can't stand up... yadda yadda for the rest of the game..

after the game as i am walking over to my DD... i hear him (the mouth of the south) berating his DD for not playing hard enough...I didnt see you throwing elbows back into the gut when the girl was on your back... remember when they are beside you stomp that foot. do it even in a scrimmage it keeps you practiced for the game..

All i can do is shake my head, and think about that New Mexico player who played ruff and mean.. and think.. you know what.. I bet this is why she plays that way. she had this guy as a father

to this father you know who you are,,, remember Karma is a b***h it will come back to haunt you...

tallsoccerdad
tallsoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already Empty Re: well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already

Post by Guest 13/08/12, 01:54 pm

Hate to say it, but I saw it first hand last night in a U7/U8 match. Feet stomping, pinching, elbows in the ribs and the nutt job "coach" actually cursing at the girls to play harder.

The ref just shrugged his shoulders, I can only assume enjoying watching bodies fly. If they are taught that at U7 I can only imagine what we will see from those players at U14. Crazy!!

Back to top Go down

well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already Empty Re: well it looks like the parents i am better then you season has started already

Post by JeffM 13/08/12, 02:10 pm

after the game as i am walking over to my DD... i hear him (the mouth of the south) berating his DD for not playing hard enough...I didnt see you throwing elbows back into the gut when the girl was on your back... remember when they are beside you stomp that foot. do it even in a scrimmage it keeps you practiced for the game..

Really? This guy's probably home sharpening the eyelets on the DD's cleats right now...

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tallsoccerdad 13/08/12, 02:44 pm

it is sad to say, that might be true,,,,

sad part is she does have some skills and speed, she could be a good/fair player...

tallsoccerdad
tallsoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 13/08/12, 04:12 pm

tallsoccerdad wrote:recently at a friendly session. and as the game starts there is a parent screaming about this and that.. cussing the refs, cause his DD was called for this and for that... (why he wasn't ejected and the DD carded I dont know.)

first half over and the Parent (I say that for lack of a better term) is quieted down by the other REAL parents on the team/. I think, as I stopped hearing him...

start of the second half and what do you know... out comes the beverly hills (ok lake highlands ninja..) and throws a leg tackle that yes it gets ball butt also kicks the DD in the butt.. making a very good leg tackle in JUdo.. but not flippin good on a soccer field.... good thing the DD who recieved was able to roll somehow and not get injured...

foul is called and off goes the dad about being unfair and that was all ball!!,,, it isnt his DD's fault the stupid player can't stand up... yadda yadda for the rest of the game..

All i can do is shake my head, and think about that New Mexico player who played ruff and mean.. and think.. you know what.. I bet this is why she plays that way. she had this guy as a father

to this father you know who you are,,, remember Karma is a b***h it will come back to haunt you...

I'll give you my thoughts on the matter as a long-time ref and parent.

The the Dad part and his interaction with his daughter is sad as we all most likely agree if the account is accurate.

As far as the reffing part is concerned and the slide tackling, issuing cards, parent ejections, etc. I can speak to that.

Somebody, mentioned that this was a U7/U8 game, perhaps? If so, two things most often occur. Firstly, you may encounter very young and inexperienced Center refs and almost definitely grade 9 teenage refs. The other scenario is that you will have old, fat or simply lazy refs who ref from the center circle only. This is not in all cases, as I have seen experienced good refs who actually run and are near the play, but not "in it" (interfering with play). Also, refs at this level are really reluctant to give cards at this level either because they are afraid (younger refs) or old (don't want the girl to ruin their self esteem. Girls, quite a bit, will cry, not understanding what the card means. A good example of this is that at u9, my daughter chased down a forward into the box who was 1v1 with the keeper (no defenders in sight) and wiped her out with a slide tackle that wasn't even near the ball. It was clearly a straight red for a DOGSO (denying of goal scoring opportunity). She received a yellow. In another tournament game, the opposing coach, told his players to SPIT on my daughter's teammates. One did and received a yellow. Should have been red.

With older select girls and boys that I Center, a slide tackle, deserving a card or simply a direct kick, includes a number of different factors.

Firstly, to clarify a COMMON misconception that a LOT of parents make is that if the defender touches the ball, then that is a fair tackle. That is completely false. There are many other things that a good ref will look at when determining a proper slide tackle. A few of them are:

1. Did the defender leave the ground and make a two-footed tackle. If so, cleats are usually "studs up" and it is considered extremely dangerous. That can usually warrant a straight red.
2. Was there a "follow through" with the tackle that could be considered reckless. An example of this would be if the ball was hit, but the trailing leg of defender was up and not tucked underneath his/her body in a fashion where the upward leg could "catch" the attacker's legs while he might be trying to leap to avoid the challenge.

A general rule of thumb when looking at slide tackles (touching the ball), is to think of a watch. The angles that the challenge is made becomes more and more dangerous as the minutes hand goes from the 3 O'clock position to the 9 o'clock. Logically, most can understand that a straight slide tackle from behind is extremely reckless and dangerous and the odds of receiving a card magnify. Hopefully, y'all can understand the watch analogy and the ability for the attacker to see the challenge coming and get out of the way versus being oblivious.

As far as the general obnoxiousness of parents are concerned, I deal with it in this manner. I warn the coach the first time to keep his parents under control and if that is not successful, I throw him out. Since it is virtually impossible for me to pick out one or two particular parents who are abusing me or my linesmen, the next step in extreme cases would be to clear that entire side and send ALL of the parents to the parking lot. If they refuse to leave, I will suspend the game and wait for security. Fortunately, that has only happened once or twice in many many years. One was after I had warned the coach a few times and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "What can I do?"

I don't know if this helps y'all and every ref does things differently, but for those of you that might be thinking, "I hope I NEVER get HIM as a ref!" I can tell you that I have actually given out very few cards and been able to keep great control of games by developing a rapport with both teams playing, being fair, and using my voice to communicate rather than cards. Very Happy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 13/08/12, 04:35 pm

:tldr
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 13/08/12, 11:13 pm

Androfan wrote:Hate to say it, but I saw it first hand last night in a U7/U8 match. Feet stomping, pinching, elbows in the ribs and the nutt job "coach" actually cursing at the girls to play harder.

The ref just shrugged his shoulders, I can only assume enjoying watching bodies fly. If they are taught that at U7 I can only imagine what we will see from those players at U14. Crazy!!

Usually they quit before then because there is always someone bigger and stronger that will do the same to them.

That being said the game is very physical and much more than most parents (not players) realize. Refs are not usually going to let fouls go un punished (at least most) but whats a fould to you is not always a foul in the game.

Soccer just like basketball, football, hockey, lacross is a contact sport, golf and tennis might be the sport if you dont like contact.

I'm not saying this to be rude its just a fact that after many years you'll realize and the sooner you do the more you'll enjoy the game.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/08/12, 11:27 pm

No offense taken. Ive been around the game from the collegiate level to the wee ones, a shove in the back is a shove in the back...and when my 06 can describe in detail how thegirl looked her in the eye, then looked down at her foot and proceeded to stomp on it and away from the ball mind you, repeatedly, that is a foul.

Whats sad is that those tactics were taught to a dd that young. Just sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down