North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses

Post by herradura 03/06/13, 02:22 pm

Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:
Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:Colvin will pass on to Solca when ready. Everybody on same page. It's all good. If you have National team aspirations like the 03 stud, it makes no sense to play your own age. Play up. It looks better to the top US coaches. It's a no brainier!

If that is the case, SRSA 03 has lost some major fire power. Those two (center forward and right wing) from what I have seen, were accountable for 75% of the goals scored. Not to say they do not have other scoring threats - just not like that... Games will be closer.

See that just goes to show how much you know about this team.

1. They are passing a new rule ie:starting this season a player can be rostered on a 03,02,01 dont matter and play up a age group in a weekend as long as its interclub. they cant play there 03' and 02'games in the same weekend.Ask your coach about this.

2.This team is very talented group,the same 9 girls that were feeding those 2 girls will continue to feed the other fowards if thats what there parents choose to do.
The outcome will still be the same and the other girls will step up and do there part its been done multiple times. This team is built around 11 players not 1 or 2 and going into select with one of the best Coach in the country it doesnt matter if we win or lose some games i know my DD is getting the best imo training out there and when it really matters at the age of ECNL time she will be at the top of her game and rising.

3.I wish eveyone the best of luck this july and as long as your DD is happy ,like mine is it doesnt matter who your playing for or where they are ranked.At the end of the day its about them not us.

Read before commenting Tokenone - My first comment about this was "I wonder if they will dual roster like they do in ECNL?", because I too had heard about the potential rule change.

No one is putting down the rest of your team - your DDs are all there for a reason. Most likely not having those two players on the field would make everyone else step up and play better making the team that much more dominant. But they will have to step up to fill those shoes - and they are big shoes...

Sorry if i came across as tacky not my intent.

Of course not, that is Truthserums department Very Happy

herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Human Rankings - top 20 + Dark Horses

Post by Default Setting 03/06/13, 03:44 pm

JewelsBMF wrote:
herradura wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:Colvin will pass on to Solca when ready. Everybody on same page. It's all good. If you have National team aspirations like the 03 stud, it makes no sense to play your own age. Play up. It looks better to the top US coaches. It's a no brainier!

If that is the case, SRSA 03 has lost some major fire power. Those two (center forward and right wing) from what I have seen, were accountable for 75% of the goals scored. Not to say they do not have other scoring threats - just not like that... Games will be closer.

I can agree with this, a small example is this weekend at the 3v3 Live event. The "major fire power" played up vs 02's & 01's while they tore up the older girls, the rest of SRSA ended up losing to RASE 04 in the semi's.

and by "the rest of SRSA" you mean 4 or 5 out of the remaining 11+, right?
Default Setting
Default Setting
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/13, 04:00 pm

That would be a logical conclusion

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 03/06/13, 05:19 pm

We should probably turn this into a RASE 04 thread now.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 03/06/13, 05:21 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:We should probably turn this into a RASE 04 thread now.

Thanks for the Monday afternoon chuckle. Needed that.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please 03/06/13, 05:38 pm

I guess the Lone Ranger we call DM and his trusty sidekick we call a "trainer" just couldn't put this humpty dumpty of a team toether. You were warned. Avoid DM, build a better team. Depend on him and you lose.

SOLCA, SOLCA, SOLCA will save the day and take SRSA away. OR...... Wait for it..... Fill in your own conspiracy theory.

Oh pass-n-play come out and play. How is your open speed and agility training going? Have you begun to offer the same training at Texans, Sting or Fever?

LOL!! cheers

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/13, 07:21 pm

RightWingDad wrote:So dumb question. If a dd is an 03, that means she was born somewhere between August 1, 2002 and July 31, 2003, right? Would't a U11 player be an 02 anyway, having been born before August 1? Not sure I undertand how an 03 player can be a U11 yet unless academy teams don't have strict rules about playing up or down.

By age pure she would be 02 if she is a 2002 bd, but if reading LH site if your dd is 10 before july she can play up the first year of select with permission of 02 team. its just if the whole team us trying they cant.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 04/06/13, 08:17 am

Tokenone wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:So dumb question. If a dd is an 03, that means she was born somewhere between August 1, 2002 and July 31, 2003, right? Would't a U11 player be an 02 anyway, having been born before August 1? Not sure I undertand how an 03 player can be a U11 yet unless academy teams don't have strict rules about playing up or down.

By age pure she would be 02 if she is a 2002 bd, but if reading LH site if your dd is 10 before july she can play up the first year of select with permission of 02 team. its just if the whole team us trying they cant.

So given that those two will play with both teams, It makes since they would fill roster spots on both teams - leaving 14 players for games they are not there?
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by hombre 05/06/13, 10:12 am

Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

1. They are passing a new rule ie:starting this season a player can be rostered on a 03,02,01 dont matter and play up a age group in a weekend as long as its interclub. they cant play there 03' and 02'games in the same weekend.Ask your coach about this.

2.This team is very talented group,the same 9 girls that were feeding those 2 girls will continue to feed the other fowards if thats what there parents choose to do.
The outcome will still be the same and the other girls will step up and do there part its been done multiple times. This team is built around 11 players not 1 or 2 and going into select with one of the best Coach in the country it doesnt matter if we win or lose some games i know my DD is getting the best imo training out there and when it really matters at the age of ECNL time she will be at the top of her game and rising.

3.I wish eveyone the best of luck this july and as long as your DD is happy ,like mine is it doesnt matter who your playing for or where they are ranked.At the end of the day its about them not us.

I've been at this a lot of years and I've never seen a team lose its top two players and continue on winning the same as in the past. The real reason ain't just talent. It is on-pitch leadership and responsibility for making that key play that changes the game. The remaining team suffers through a vacuum period for leadership and it takes a long time to sort out how its gonna work.
hombre
hombre
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarRedSC 05/06/13, 10:37 am

hombre wrote:
Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

I've been at this a lot of years and I've never seen a team lose its top two players and continue on winning the same as in the past. The real reason ain't just talent. It is on-pitch leadership and responsibility for making that key play that changes the game. The remaining team suffers through a vacuum period for leadership and it takes a long time to sort out how its gonna work.

I see how you would think that, in most cases I tend to agree. However, in this case I think everyone will be shocked to see that this great team is not short on leaders. SRSA will be fine.
SolarRedSC
SolarRedSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 05/06/13, 10:42 am

I don't think they are actually losing those two players, I'm guessing that with the rule change (if it's how I've read it) is that these two will play on both the 02 Colvin and 03 SRSA teams. I have no idea which way they will choose if there's a conflict but it's of no concern to me one way or another. There's always a risk that goes along with this kind of stuff, for example who do they practice with and if they aren't practicing with one of the teams and only showing up for the games and playing the majority of the time over the players that are at practice every week it can lead to some pretty pissed off parents and kids. I'm sure it's something the folks on this team have thought about so it shouldn't come as a big shock. With SRSA reportedly locking down their roster I have to assume this was discussed.

Now in games where those two aren't there, it will have a significant impact. I've seen enough of SRSA games to realize though that they have quite a few talented players and even without those two they would still be considered the favorite against the rest of the age group. I think DTS, RASE, FCD G, and Sting G would make it a game but I'd still consider them the favorite.

This all makes for good message board conversation but for me, until I see with my own eyes someone able to beat SRSA, with or without these two girls, they are my clear cut #1.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/06/13, 11:21 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I don't think they are actually losing those two players, I'm guessing that with the rule change (if it's how I've read it) is that these two will play on both the 02 Colvin and 03 SRSA teams. I have no idea which way they will choose if there's a conflict but it's of no concern to me one way or another. There's always a risk that goes along with this kind of stuff, for example who do they practice with and if they aren't practicing with one of the teams and only showing up for the games and playing the majority of the time over the players that are at practice every week it can lead to some pretty pissed off parents and kids. I'm sure it's something the folks on this team have thought about so it shouldn't come as a big shock. With SRSA reportedly locking down their roster I have to assume this was discussed.

Now in games where those two aren't there, it will have a significant impact. I've seen enough of SRSA games to realize though that they have quite a few talented players and even without those two they would still be considered the favorite against the rest of the age group. I think DTS, RASE, FCD G, and Sting G would make it a game but I'd still consider them the favorite.

This all makes for good message board conversation but for me, until I see with my own eyes someone able to beat SRSA, with or without these two girls, they are my clear cut #1.

I agree that they are clear cut number #1 with or without their two studs, BUT, gone will be the days of 10+ scores on top teams...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/13, 11:59 am

Question...

Is this reported "new rule" an NTSSA rule or an LHGCL rule?

i.e. Is NTSSA changing their rules to allow a player to be rostered on multiple competitive teams, as long as the teams are within the same club and in different age groups?

OR

Is LHGCL implementing a "club pass" rule similar to what is in place for State Cup, where a player can "guest play" with a team from the same club, in a different age group?

If it is latter, are they still going to cap gameday rosters at 16 for U11/U12 and 18 for U13/U14? That will be interesting to see how that situation would be navigated by the club. Will they roster less than the max (potential financial impacts to one or more teams) on one or both teams so that none of the other players have to "benched" for games that the studs play (potential parent issues if this happens)?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 05/06/13, 12:50 pm

players have to "benched" for games that the studs play (potential parent issues if this happens)?

I can't see this being an issue. Everyone should welcome the talent and consider the favor these players are doing by helping.
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 05/06/13, 01:11 pm

TheWolf wrote:players have to "benched" for games that the studs play (potential parent issues if this happens)?
It all depends on expectations, but I have seen first hand where a regular player sits due to a guest and it can absolutely cause issues. How it is handled can vary greatly depending on coach, player, team, and parents.

TheWolf wrote:
I can't see this being an issue. Everyone should welcome the talent and consider the favor these players are doing by helping.

Um, you are kidding right? Players on the bubble don't welcome talent that pushes them off the bubble. Many would consider their daughter able to contribute if the coach would just give her a chance. Just ask Uncle Rico.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/13, 01:33 pm

Blank77 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:players have to "benched" for games that the studs play (potential parent issues if this happens)?
It all depends on expectations, but I have seen first hand where a regular player sits due to a guest and it can absolutely cause issues. How it is handled can vary greatly depending on coach, player, team, and parents.

...and what I'm talking about here is not just fewer minutes in a game when the guest player shows up. I'm talking about the player having to be left off of the game roster and can't even suit up on that day.

Example... 2 '03 studs are rostered on the '03 team. '02 team has a regular roster of 15 players. Club/coach decide that this Saturday, the 2 '03's will play up with the '02 team. '02 team is only allowed to have 16 players suited up for the game. Now, an '02 player that is paying full fees is not even suiting up for the game? Don't see that going over too well.

Just to be clear, I know absolutely nothing about this situation, or the proposed rule change. However, as I have stated before, if these '03 players are truly special enough to start and be significant contributors on a top 5 '02 team, my money is on them simply joining the '02 team and playing full time with that team in league play. Maybe it won't start that way, but it won't take long for the player/coach/parents to realize that if the players can handle playing up, there is very little benefit to those players playing with the '03's, especially with the potential "complications" involved in doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/13, 01:39 pm

How are the select fees handled for those special players that are dual rostered?

- Pay full on team 1 and get a free pass on team 2 or vice-versa?
- Pay full on team 1 and team 2?
- Pay half and half?
- Not pay anything at all since they are so special?

Plain curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/13, 02:09 pm

""Example... 2 '03 studs are rostered on the '03 team. '02 team has a regular roster of 15 players. Club/coach decide that this Saturday, the 2 '03's will play up with the '02 team. '02 team is only allowed to have 16 players suited up for the game. Now, an '02 player that is paying full fees is not even suiting up for the game? Don't see that going over too well."""

hit it on the head, congrats. uh suzy i know you have paid 2500 to play with us, you are a good player and have been to every practice but this game don't bother coming, we need to win this game so i am bringing mary and becky to help us win this lake highlands game. This would open the gates to hell on a team and must be the stupidest thing i have seen proposed in along time. absolutely asinine

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 05/06/13, 02:19 pm

silentparent wrote:""Example... 2 '03 studs are rostered on the '03 team. '02 team has a regular roster of 15 players. Club/coach decide that this Saturday, the 2 '03's will play up with the '02 team. '02 team is only allowed to have 16 players suited up for the game. Now, an '02 player that is paying full fees is not even suiting up for the game? Don't see that going over too well."""

hit it on the head, congrats. uh suzy i know you have paid 2500 to play with us, you are a good player and have been to every practice but this game don't bother coming, we need to win this game so i am bringing mary and becky to help us win this lake highlands game. This would open the gates to hell on a team and must be the stupidest thing i have seen proposed in along time. absolutely asinine

Please don't call out players by name on this sight. Besides, we all know becky and mary are way over-rated! I heard Suzy was at tryouts over at Meja anyway.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/06/13, 02:29 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

...and what I'm talking about here is not just fewer minutes in a game when the guest player shows up. I'm talking about the player having to be left off of the game roster and can't even suit up on that day.

Example... 2 '03 studs are rostered on the '03 team. '02 team has a regular roster of 15 players. Club/coach decide that this Saturday, the 2 '03's will play up with the '02 team. '02 team is only allowed to have 16 players suited up for the game. Now, an '02 player that is paying full fees is not even suiting up for the game? Don't see that going over too well.

Just to be clear, I know absolutely nothing about this situation, or the proposed rule change. However, as I have stated before, if these '03 players are truly special enough to start and be significant contributors on a top 5 '02 team, my money is on them simply joining the '02 team and playing full time with that team in league play. Maybe it won't start that way, but it won't take long for the player/coach/parents to realize that if the players can handle playing up, there is very little benefit to those players playing with the '03's, especially with the potential "complications" involved in doing so.

Come on BW, play only 02's and take away the "top 03' team in the nation" title? That title alone is worth much more than what 4 roster spots cost...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/06/13, 03:05 pm

herradura wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Come on BW, play only 02's and take away the "top 03' team in the nation" title? That title alone is worth much more than what 4 roster spots cost...

Can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not with that response, but just in case you aren't, this is how I see it...

If the parents of the "special" player have higher aspirations for their DD, when the rubber hits the road, they are going to do what they feel is in the best interest of their DD in the context of reaching that ultimate goal. If their DD's best chance at achieving her long-term goals are best served by playing up against older girls, that's what she'll do, and being on the "best '03 team in the nation" won't mean squat to them.

Again, I know no specifics on this situation, and could be completely wrong, but I've been around select sports in NTX long enough to have seen enough cases like the one being discussed here, and they almost always work out the same way. I'll be interested to come back on here in February of next year to see how everything ended up playing out (pun intended)

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/06/13, 03:28 pm

bwgophers wrote:
herradura wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not with that response, but just in case you aren't, this is how I see it...

If the parents of the "special" player have higher aspirations for their DD, when the rubber hits the road, they are going to do what they feel is in the best interest of their DD in the context of reaching that ultimate goal. If their DD's best chance at achieving her long-term goals are best served by playing up against older girls, that's what she'll do, and being on the "best '03 team in the nation" won't mean squat to them.

Again, I know no specifics on this situation, and could be completely wrong, but I've been around select sports in NTX long enough to have seen enough cases like the one being discussed here, and they almost always work out the same way. I'll be interested to come back on here in February of next year to see how everything ended up playing out (pun intended)

Has there recently been a local team that has a #1 national ranking? I would think that would draw more attention to a star player than playing up on a "top 02 NTX team". But I do not know how those things work.

I did hear that the USWT Director was out at the 03 practice yesterday... (no I am not joking). Doubt she watched the 02s practice...

herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccerdad 05/06/13, 03:36 pm

I'm bouncing in and out of this discussion -

Is there much difference, particularly at this skill level (super good), playing at the top of 03's and playing in boys leagues compared to playing 02's?

If not, than I agree with Herradura - exposure is greater with National Ranked #1 03 team.

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 05/06/13, 03:40 pm

IMO, playing up would help their development more while staying put would help their exposure more. Kind of a catch-22. What would be better for them, I don't know, but it is a nice spot to be in.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 05/06/13, 04:11 pm

"I've been around select sports in NTX long enough to have seen enough cases like the one being discussed here, and they almost always work out the same way"

I'll bite....how does it normally end up? Tell the parents what to expect based on your experience? Honestly would like to know.
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 05/06/13, 04:21 pm

The "exposure" angle reminds me of a story.

A few years back a friend whose son was a good basketball player ran into Bobby Knight at the HOF dinner in Springfield. The kid was in 8th grade and had already reached 6'6". He corners BK and starts extolling his kid's prowess. Knight cuts him short saying, "Not to be rude, but I'm Bobby Knight. If your kid was THAT good, you wouldn't have to tell me about him. I'd already know"

cheers
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next