North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide  - Page 2 Empty Re: D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide

Post by go99 28/08/14, 03:09 pm

okay now that everyone has piled on the poster, the real problem is you guys. For all of the calls of talk to the coach, you know how many would have actually done it? 0! Parents pay coaches to teach their kids soccer and are terrified of them. JK is open? Who gives a $#it what he is open too? You should be able to talk to your coach and he should be able to explain everything he is doing. You may not like the explination or even agree but he should handle it like a professional and move on. Talk to a parent? from another team? What good would that do? If you need a shoulder to cry on hire a therapist. If you need to get the situation solved you take it to the source. This is all here because a concerned parent was too affraid to walk up and talk to JK and tell him their concerns about what he did. Maybe he could have explained his point of view and reasons or even agreed that maybe it wasn't the best tactic. But this poster was too affraid to even give JK chance. But don't worry poster 99% of the people here are exactly like you and they would have said nothing to the coach.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide  - Page 2 Empty Re: D'Feeters 04GB -- Mental Strength-you read you decide

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 03:25 pm

go99 wrote:okay now that everyone has piled on the poster, the real problem is you guys.  For all of the calls of talk to the coach, you know how many would have actually done it? 0!  Parents pay coaches to teach their kids soccer and are terrified of them.  JK is open?  Who gives a $#it what he is open too?  You should be able to talk to your coach and he should be able to explain everything he is doing.  You may not like the explination or even agree but he should handle it like a professional and move on.  Talk to a parent? from another team?  What good would that do?  If you need a shoulder to cry on hire a therapist.  If you need to get the situation solved you take it to the source.  This is all here because a concerned parent was too affraid to walk up and talk to JK and tell him their concerns about what he did.  Maybe he could have explained his point of view and reasons or even agreed that maybe it wasn't the best tactic.  But this poster was too affraid to even give JK chance.  But don't worry poster 99% of the people here are exactly like you and they would have said nothing to the coach.

Why hire a therapist when you can use a friend?  It's free, therapists cost money - maybe YOU can afford all those therapy sessions from being accosted as a LP Elite parent, but most folks can't...  I also like the way you use the word "professional" - like that word has any meaning in youth soccer these days...

Last edited by SoccerShocker on 28/08/14, 03:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/08/14, 03:36 pm

JK is not that scary. They could have easily had a sit down with him. Just keep all of the steak sauce bottles out of reach and everything would be fine
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 03:39 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with you Mr. Go, just saying, there were a number of ways to deal with the disgust, anger, fear, whatever it may be, then to come here and post an email from the coach or the club. I was just giving an example before you decided the pull the a$$ out of the hat on me... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/08/14, 03:50 pm

yeah unfortunately the poster probably picked the second worst option. First would have been to tell the wrong parent on the team who would have run back to tell the coach in an effort to gain brownie points for themselves.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/08/14, 03:54 pm

What's kind of of interesting, is that people who don't even know who this coach is or has had any prior contact with him, like me, has gleaned a little bit of insight on how he MIGHT be as a person and/or coach. I'm talking about his approachability, temperament, coaching style, philosophy, etc.

Maybe that was what the OP's intent was to do. It may have been an indirect way of getting validation from others about the coach's style, personality etc.

I don't know if he did go to the coach first or not. He may have simply posted this as a last resort. Maybe he did, but didn't get the answer he was looking for.

It's logical to assume that the email only went out to a team or two and that is a very small number of people. All it take is one person to have misgivings about the philosophy of the training and he/she will be exposed. That will make for a very long season.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 28/08/14, 04:03 pm

go99 wrote:okay now that everyone has piled on the poster, the real problem is you guys.  For all of the calls of talk to the coach, you know how many would have actually done it? 0!  Parents pay coaches to teach their kids soccer and are terrified of them.  JK is open?  Who gives a $#it what he is open too?  You should be able to talk to your coach and he should be able to explain everything he is doing.  You may not like the explination or even agree but he should handle it like a professional and move on.  Talk to a parent? from another team?  What good would that do?  If you need a shoulder to cry on hire a therapist.  If you need to get the situation solved you take it to the source.  This is all here because a concerned parent was too affraid to walk up and talk to JK and tell him their concerns about what he did.  Maybe he could have explained his point of view and reasons or even agreed that maybe it wasn't the best tactic.  But this poster was too affraid to even give JK chance.  But don't worry poster 99% of the people here are exactly like you and they would have said nothing to the coach.

For the record....I never mention anything about "Going to the Coach"...But I would understand if there is an intimidation factor..especially if your DD is on the lower 1/3 of the stick

I Would also say...that the HEAVY/MAIN posters on this forum are probably not the BASHFUL TYPES!  Twisted Evil

"In the End ...Were all lambs heading to the slaughter" affraid  "Yes coach...what ever you say coach, just don't cut my DD" No
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 28/08/14, 04:11 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:What's kind of of interesting, is that people who don't even know who this coach is or has had any prior contact with him, like me, has gleaned a little bit of insight on how he MIGHT be as a person and/or coach. I'm talking about his approachability, temperament, coaching style, philosophy, etc.

Yep...and the steak sauce  bottle reference helps too...

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NotANewPoster 28/08/14, 04:45 pm

This is not my first post.

Not trying to earn any brownie points.

My daughter plays for Joey.

I have spoken to Joey on matters related to my daughter.  He has always been courteous and listened to what I had to say.  He was also forthcoming with his view and I felt like I knew exactly where I stood.  I appreciate his work and the adjustment he made after our discussion.  I know others who feel the same way.

Joey has improved every aspect of my daughter's game - skills, conditioning, physicality (insert joke here), strategic, desire, love for the game, accountability to herself and others, etc.  That's what I pay him for, and I feel I am getting my money's worth.

Many coaches have "regular" jobs, and coach on the side.  For Joey - this is his job - and it shows - in his commitment both at practice and after-hours.  I have seen very few coaches who are as dedicated to the the girls and these teams as he is.  His approach may not work for some, and may work better for girls with different desires or personalities.  To each his own.

Not sure what the OP thought they were going to get here (aside from an anti-JK rant or an A1 joke), but I am guessing this is not it.  I am also hoping they did not consider the impact it might have on the team and parent's interaction.  

Good luck as you travel through the season - this may be a long journey for you.  But I hope that at some point, you can find the courage to approach Joey directly instead of trying to air your grievances in this forum. You may not get all that you want - but it's not all about you.  Joey took an approach he thought would benefit the team in the long run - I guess only time will tell.

NotANewPoster
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 28/08/14, 04:57 pm

NotANewPoster wrote:

an A1 joke

Joke?  Really?  It's so big a joke he was charged with a violent FELONY!!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 28/08/14, 05:19 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
NotANewPoster wrote:

an A1 joke

OK, let's cut the crap on the A1 bottle. First of all, I believe that was expunged so it's over with. Second of all, that was a statement from a drunken patron at a bar placed in a police report. Who knows what ACTUALLY happened. I'm sure no one here has been in an altercation at a bar before. The issue here is the broken trust. In my book, that's way worse than some drunken bad decision.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 05:26 pm

...3...2...1...BOOM!

Let the backlash begin...

Back to top Go down

Post by dreadpirateroberts 28/08/14, 05:51 pm

Frankly this has nothing to do with JK or really even the subject of the email. Clearly JK was attempting to communicate with the parents his intent and goals with the drill. He even states it may be tough at first. Yet this poster felt necessary to start this crap by posting a private email. I can't stand cowards like this. I am sure we will not see another post from this coward.

What is wrong with people these days???
dreadpirateroberts
dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 05:59 pm

dreadpirateroberts wrote:Frankly this has nothing to do with JK or really even the subject of the email.  Clearly JK was attempting to communicate with the parents his intent and goals with the drill.  He even states it may be tough at first.  Yet this poster felt necessary to start this crap by posting a private email.  I can't stand cowards like this.  I am sure we will not see another post from this coward.  

What is wrong with people these days???

They lack a good therapist... Twisted Evil or Xanax...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 06:07 pm

adufresne wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
NotANewPoster wrote:

an A1 joke

OK, let's cut the crap on the A1 bottle.  First of all, I believe that was expunged so it's over with.  Second of all, that was a statement from a drunken patron at a bar placed in a police report.  Who knows what ACTUALLY happened. I'm sure no one here has been in an altercation at a bar before.  The issue here is the broken trust.  In my book, that's way worse than some drunken bad decision.

Someone crapped on an A1 bottle? Unfortunately, whoever this is / was, it will likely be kept hush hush until next year's contract signing time. But the excitement it's mustered can't be beat... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by YellowCarded 28/08/14, 09:28 pm

I don't think I know enough to determine if the coach was helping with the feedback that came from the teammates, but I would think it'd be best if it came from the coach. Providing quality constructive feedback is difficult for adults, let alone to expect it from 10 year old girls.

Posting the email was wrong. At a minimum, you could have disguised who it came from / team.
YellowCarded
YellowCarded
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahyeahweknowweknow 28/08/14, 10:14 pm

IamDefeeted
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

NotANewPoster
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

yeahyeahweknowweknow
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow 28/08/14, 10:28 pm

Good points yellowcard. The post was really out of the blue and uncool. Pretty impressive how many posters come to the defense of JK. Seams like Defeeters parents are increasing activity in the forum. Go99 better take a typing class.

Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 28/08/14, 10:48 pm

YellowCarded wrote:I don't think I know enough to determine if the coach was helping with the feedback that came from the teammates, but I would think it'd be best if it came from the coach.  Providing quality constructive feedback is difficult for adults, let alone to expect it from 10 year old girls.

Posting the email was wrong.   At a minimum, you could have disguised who it came from / team.

Exactly. Last thing a coach wants is confusion that comes from poor advice and coaching. I don't think 10 year olds are qualified to coach 10 year olds.

Some people believe themselves to be Gurus of youth soccer. This "drill" was poor form. Much like the OP to start with.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 29/08/14, 07:40 am

Coach's message is 100% correct but delivery is 100% incorrect.

OP's delivery is outright disgusting and shameful. With all the arguments, debates and different opinions shared on this forum, I don't think anyone has ever taken it to this level.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/14, 08:46 am

Coach&Ref wrote:What's kind of of interesting, is that people who don't even know who this coach is or has had any prior contact with him, like me, has gleaned a little bit of insight on how he MIGHT be as a person and/or coach. I'm talking about his approachability, temperament, coaching style, philosophy, etc.

Maybe that was what the OP's intent was to do. It may have been an indirect way of getting validation from others about the coach's style, personality etc.

I don't know if he did go to the coach first or not. He may have simply posted this as a last resort. Maybe he did, but didn't get the answer he was looking for.

It's logical to assume that the email only went out to a team or two and that is a very small number of people. All it take is one person to have misgivings about the philosophy of the training and he/she will be exposed. That will make for a very long season.
I agree. I have never met this guy, but feel like I know him a bit. Please tell me he looks like the henchman on Roadhouse. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 29/08/14, 10:21 am

What do you think?

------------

D'Feeters Coaching Council and Associates.
5th floor, Unity House.
Lagos.

Dear Parent,

I am Mr. Joey Kennington, a soccer coach by profession. I am the personal coach to Mr. Charles, a national of your country, who used to work with Left Foot Studio in Nigeria, herein after shall be referred to as my client.

On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their only child were involved in a car accident along Lagos - Ibadan express road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost there lives.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives. This has proved unsuccessful. I came to know about you through an enquiry I was making in the txsoccer.net website, and I found out you shared the same surname with my client, which is why I have decided to contact you, in order to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank.

Particularly, in a local commercial bank here where the deceased had an account valued at about US$ 15.5 Million Dollars, has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next ten official working days.

Since i have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$15.5 Million Dollars can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money, on the ratio of 50% for me, and 50% for you.

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this business through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me by email and send to me your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss further about the details of this transaction.

Best regards, Mr. Joey Kennington.

Joey Kennington | Left Foot Studio Soccer Club | www.lfssoccer.net | cell 234-1-279-0801 | “Oh my god, space aliens. Please don't eat me! I have a wife and kids. Eat them!”
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 29/08/14, 10:58 am

just wasted 30 seconds of my life I will never get back

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by watzgerald 29/08/14, 11:06 am

soccerisfun wrote:just wasted 30 seconds of my life I will never get back

That's what she said.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 29/08/14, 12:01 pm

Some of y'all's crazy is showing, you should probably go ahead and tuck that stuff back in.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 30/08/14, 02:56 pm

Forum mod should take this thread down. Ridiculous, posting private emails and personal information. Idiot OP.

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next