North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Cup 04  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texas Cup 04

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Texas Cup 04  - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Cup 04

Post by PurplePonyPower 01/12/14, 06:14 pm

I heard Feet had guest players from black, too. Most of the teams did. You could question Feet Grey a D3 team not being able to beat a Plano premier team with guests.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 01/12/14, 08:12 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:I heard Feet had guest players from black,  too.  Most of the teams did.  You could question Feet Grey a D3 team not being able to beat a Plano premier team with guests.  

You could ask that question but it would be a dumb one. Especially since they did beat them in bracket play. Which brings the question: How does a team that didn't win a game make it out of bracket play? And then: Why are said team's guest players taking their PKs if they're not "taking over the game?" But I doubt anyone is surprised which question you'd ask.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 01/12/14, 08:25 pm

Apparently, Carragher's "guests" filled in for their regular PK takers.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 01/12/14, 08:46 pm

adufresne wrote:
PurplePonyPower wrote:I heard Feet had guest players from black,  too.  Most of the teams did.  You could question Feet Grey a D3 team not being able to beat a Plano premier team with guests.  

You could ask that question but it would be a dumb one. Especially since they did beat them in bracket play.  Which brings the question: How does a team that didn't win a game make it out of bracket play? And then: Why are said team's guest players taking their PKs if they're not "taking over the game?"  But I doubt anyone is surprised which question you'd ask.

Ask sting. You can't blame this big conspiracy on Liverpool. These sorts of tourneys are irrelevant but well done to the Carragher girls for winning their first tourney together.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 01/12/14, 09:11 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:
adufresne wrote:

You could ask that question but it would be a dumb one. Especially since they did beat them in bracket play.  Which brings the question: How does a team that didn't win a game make it out of bracket play? And then: Why are said team's guest players taking their PKs if they're not "taking over the game?"  But I doubt anyone is surprised which question you'd ask.

Ask sting.  You can't blame this big conspiracy on Liverpool.  These sorts of tourneys are irrelevant but well done to the Carragher girls for winning their first tourney together.

No need to place blame and no need to question guest players. It is what it is. I doubt the tournament was irrelevant to girls playing in it. But if you were going to ask a question, you'd have to question the format and the transparency of the format and why you always want to come on here and talk crap about LFS and D'Feeters.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 01/12/14, 11:38 pm

I just checked the Sting website and it shows LP Carragher finished 5th out of 6 in their bracket with 1 point only!! How on earth did they qualify for the playoffs?
And so if they won both playoffs in PKs, that's zero regulation wins in 5 total games! Has that ever happened elsewhere in tournaments?
To learn that Carragher had a bunch of RASE Elite girls playing just takes this to a whole new level. How did they not walk through the competition? Very surprising.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Worldcup2014 02/12/14, 05:18 am

Carragher finished 2nd in their 3 team bracket, which is why they made it through. Granted no one knew beforehand how the brackets were arranged. The guest players were filling in for players missing due to injuries or out for Thanksgiving. Other teams did the same.

A win in PK's is still a win. Those are the rules.

Worldcup2014
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Worldcup2014 02/12/14, 05:25 am

Why the Dfeeters coach had his keeper kick their 1st PK is not understood. I have never seen a keeper kick 1st.

Worldcup2014
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/12/14, 06:50 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:I just checked the Sting website and it shows LP Carragher finished 5th out of 6 in their bracket with 1 point only!! How on earth did they qualify for the playoffs?
And so if they won both playoffs in PKs, that's zero regulation wins in 5 total games! Has that ever happened elsewhere in tournaments?
To learn that Carragher had a bunch of RASE Elite girls playing just takes this to a whole new level. How did they not walk through the competition? Very surprising.

And why does the fact that the defeeters also had a bunck of defeeters black players also not take it to a whole new level? Why is it that only LP Carragher seems to raise concern? Maybe the coach could have played them the whole game or stacked them up top and made more of an impact but he didn't. But he didn't, their playtime wasn't more than the others and they filled in around the Carragher girls. The carragher girls fought harder every single game and got stronger as the weekend progressed. While they had trouble scoring they were able to posses the ball and keep it in the attacking end a good portion of the game. This weekend wasn't about Elite they have plenty of weekends to play. This was about the carragher team
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 02/12/14, 08:00 am

Worldcup2014 wrote:Why the Dfeeters coach had his keeper kick their 1st PK is not understood.  I have never seen a keeper kick 1st.

Didn't have a spare "elite" player or 4 available.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 08:23 am

Are yall still poking with elite parents?
I thought that dead horse had been beaten to a pulp?!
Maybe the great players can change the complexion of the game but the system players kind of get in where they fit in.
That goes for all teams too...
Something funny I realized though this weekend...one particular coach hates losing to another particular coach....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 02/12/14, 08:38 am

Used2bKix wrote:Are yall still poking with elite parents?
Maybe the great players can change the complexion of the game but the system players kind of get in where they fit in.
Something funny I realized though this weekend...one particular coach hates losing to another particular coach....

You wouldn't be talking about the technical part of his trophy speech would you. I'm still laughing about that one. Congrats on the win your a tough team that we can't push around and outrun. lol!
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 02/12/14, 08:46 am

Worldcup2014 wrote:Why the Dfeeters coach had his keeper kick their 1st PK is not understood.  I have never seen a keeper kick 1st.

What's the big deal? She missed the lower corner by 12" which was exactly where she was trying to kick the ball. No it didn't effect her confidence. In fact, she came back and made the first save. Of course the LP player was giving a second chance because the ref "didn't blow her whistle loud enough". After that it was just a case of elite players on one team kicking the ball better than the D'Feet girls.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 08:56 am

Sweet_feet99 wrote:

You wouldn't be talking about the technical part of his trophy speech would you. I'm still laughing about that one. Congrats on the win your a tough team that we can't push around and outrun.  lol!
Ha haaaaa....you caught that too huh Sweet?!? Lol, thanks on the congrats. It's always fun to watch that match up...it never gets outta hand score wise and the dialogue amongst the girls are comical too from what the DD reports!!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 02/12/14, 08:59 am

I respect Joey's decision to let the game be won or lost by his white team players. He could have lined up his guest players to take the PKs and there might have been a different result.

Of course, we never would be having this discussion if the ref had ended the game at 30 minutes in the second half. The additional 30 seconds proved costly to D'Feet.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/12/14, 09:03 am

go99 wrote:
WisdomTeeth wrote:I just checked the Sting website and it shows LP Carragher finished 5th out of 6 in their bracket with 1 point only!! How on earth did they qualify for the playoffs?

And why does the fact that the defeeters also had a bunck of defeeters black players also not take it to a whole new level?  Why is it that only LP Carragher seems to raise concern?  Maybe the coach could have played them the whole game or stacked them up top and made more of an impact but he didn't.  But he didn't, their playtime wasn't more than the others and they filled in around the Carragher girls.  The carragher girls fought harder every single game and got stronger as the weekend progressed.  While they had trouble scoring they were able to posses the ball and keep it in the attacking end a good portion of the game.  This weekend wasn't about Elite they have plenty of weekends to play.  This was about the carragher team

Well, except for during the PK, when Tahlon elected to use Elite players to take shots instead of his regular team.

So if that constitutes your definition of "just filling in" . . .

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 09:15 am

This is beginning to sound like it was quite an interesting tournament. Wish we would have been in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 02/12/14, 09:33 am

Used2bKix wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

You wouldn't be talking about the technical part of his trophy speech would you. I'm still laughing about that one. Congrats on the win your a tough team that we can't push around and outrun.  lol!
Ha haaaaa....you caught that too huh Sweet?!? Lol, thanks on the congrats. It's always fun to watch that match up...it never gets outta hand score wise and the dialogue amongst the girls are comical too from what the DD reports!!

My DD filled me in on some of it. I enjoy hearing about the talk that goes on during the game. Games are usually close, so why the shock that premier didn't score.

Sheets....you guys played a few tourneys already, but I feel ya. Not enough to keep them busy. I'm sure that indoor tourney will be fun.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/12/14, 12:17 pm

In fairness to Carragher, I didn't see any LH D-1 type of players with them this weekend, I think they were pure with the PPL team.  Congrats on winning the tournament.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 02/12/14, 12:27 pm

soccerjack wrote:In fairness to Carragher, I didn't see any LH D-1 type of players with them this weekend, I think they were pure with the PPL team.  Congrats on winning the tournament.

In 3...2...1...

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 12:55 pm

::bangs detonator against palms..."in 3...2...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 01:07 pm

Used2bKix wrote:::bangs detonator against palms..."in 3...2...."

Did you check the batteries???

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 02/12/14, 01:08 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:

LW gave his old technical concession speech on DTS? LOL.

Yea, if GA was a REAL coach, he would tell his girls to avoid the passing lanes and stand around while LP passes the ball to an open shot.

Now that's REAL soccer. Laughing Laughing Laughing

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/14, 01:30 pm

Mustang....have u been in in our parental huddle again??!!

Been sort of a tough year for the "DUB'YA"....

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 02/12/14, 01:32 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:
soccerjack wrote:In fairness to Carragher, I didn't see any LH D-1 type of players with them this weekend, I think they were pure with the PPL team.  Congrats on winning the tournament.

In 3...2...1...

I'd have to agree with the above. I saw one of the Carragher kids get a yellow out of frustration, because they or she was getting beat. Don't see that too often out of Elite.
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/12/14, 01:35 pm

header1 wrote:
yellowcard5 wrote:

In 3...2...1...

I'd have to agree with the above.  I saw one of the Carragher kids get a yellow out of frustration, because they or she was getting beat.  Don't see that too often out of Elite.

Last edited by SickofSilliness on 02/12/14, 01:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next