North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Cup 04  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texas Cup 04

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Texas Cup 04  - Page 3 Empty Re: Texas Cup 04

Post by SickofStupidity 02/12/14, 01:35 pm

header1 wrote:
yellowcard5 wrote:
soccerjack wrote:In fairness to Carragher, I didn't see any LH D-1 type of players with them this weekend, I think they were pure with the PPL team.  Congrats on winning the tournament.

In 3...2...1...

I'd have to agree with the above.  I saw one of the Carragher kids get a yellow out of frustration, because they or she was getting beat.  Don't see that too often out of Elite.

Last edited by SickofSilliness on 02/12/14, 01:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 02/12/14, 01:40 pm

Calling out individual kids now? Stay classy people.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/12/14, 04:37 pm

header1 wrote:
yellowcard5 wrote:
soccerjack wrote:In fairness to Carragher, I didn't see any LH D-1 type of players with them this weekend, I think they were pure with the PPL team.  Congrats on winning the tournament.

In 3...2...1...

I'd have to agree with the above.  I saw one of the Carragher kids get a yellow out of frustration, because they or she was getting beat.  Don't see that too often out of Elite.

I agree congrats to carragher on the win (even though some want to cheapen it) and not sure what the yellow has to do with elite since they didn't play this weekend. scratch But just taking a guess, elite has a bigger stack of yellow cards than carragher
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Worldcup2014 02/12/14, 07:53 pm

Get your facts straight people. There was no yellow card given to LP. Sting fouled, linesman called the foul, ref carded LP player, linesman corrected ref, yellow card was removed, direct kick awarded to LP.

Worldcup2014
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/12/14, 09:01 pm

Hey hey simmer down. No need to let facts get in the way
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/12/14, 09:42 am

What has this board come too...I try to get a little "rase" outta go and get some whining over a yellow. Then go comes on as the voice of reason.

Go..I miss ya buddy. Please come back. Give me something...c'mon man.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/14, 10:30 am

Ya know....I had half a mind to get it turnt up in here the other day but I declined...my better half told me to chill on it. Shux, I wish i would have gotten it cranked because it's been dead. Bar must be under new management by a bunch of conservative 50yr olds...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 03/12/14, 10:35 am

Used2bKix wrote:Ya know....I had half a mind to get it turnt up in here the other day but I declined...my better half told me to chill on it. Shux, I wish i would have gotten it cranked because it's been dead. Bar must be under new management by a bunch of conservative 50yr olds...

Should've, could've never got it done. C'mon man. Quit treading so lightly. Quick question, the entire is premier better than elite debate. Your team has played them both recently,,, 3-3 and 2-0. Your OPINION, -<---see how I did that. Who do you think is the better team.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 03/12/14, 10:55 am

I saw your genius embedded in the post - I can't believe it didn't draw anyone off sides.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 03/12/14, 01:04 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:

I saw your genius embedded in the post - I can't believe it didn't draw anyone off sides.

Perhaps it wasn't that clever?

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 03/12/14, 01:06 pm

I will now give JK credit for jumping in with Elite in U12 Red White & Blue next weekend. Where the rest of you at?

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/14, 01:10 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:Ya know....I had half a mind to get it turnt up in here the other day but I declined...my better half told me to chill on it. Shux, I wish i would have gotten it cranked because it's been dead. Bar must be under new management by a bunch of conservative 50yr olds...

Should've, could've never got it done. C'mon man. Quit treading so lightly. Quick question, the entire is premier better than elite debate. Your team has played them both recently,,, 3-3 and 2-0. Your OPINION, -<---see how I did that. Who do you think is the better team.
It's a slow day at work and even slower on this board so I will bite and give my two cents. We beat Premier 1-0 at PLD but lost to Elite 2-0 in league play. My opinion, Elite is still the better team...when they want to be. What I mean by that is I have seen them play with methodical unrelenting precision and I have seen them let that mystic slip and get frazzled. They are still the team to beat. The benchmark team that is.

Last edited by Cleansheets on 03/12/14, 01:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clearify thought.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/12/14, 01:59 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:

shooting straight from the hip...and I'll add a few extras only for the sake of debate.
To me...Elite executes LW's systematic way of playing better. I will not hold the last game against Premier against them because of the wind conditions. I also do not know how Elite plays under AF...
I feel...Elite "were who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook..."
IMO Elites will pass methodically until the defense is worn and then bash the other teams brains in...but if faced with the right pressure, athleticism, and speed with endurance, they can be matched and or beaten. Toughest opponent for our girls as of late would have to probably be DT Scott and I wonder about D'feeters... It's been a while. I don't expect Elite to lose anymore unless D'Feeters or Premier says otherwise...don't think TX Spirit quite has what's needed to bring em down and Premier has some possible insight because of that whole coaching switch thing. Again...this is just an opinion of mine. Thanks for reading...

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/12/14, 02:13 pm

Worldcup2014 wrote:Carragher finished 2nd in their 3 team bracket, which is why they made it through. Granted no one knew beforehand how the brackets were arranged.  The guest players were filling in for players missing due to injuries or out for Thanksgiving.  Other teams did the same.  

A win in PK's is still a win. Those are the rules.  

Just curious, why enter a tournament if you do not have enough players either due to injury or being out for Thanksgiving where you then have to borrow players, from a top team at that, and from one the coach doesn't coach (but players he maybe used to coach in his former glory days before the fall?)? Well, it's certainly not for a lack of teams to choose from that's for sure. My general question can apply to a number of teams though, which is what makes it frustrating in these tournaments, well hell even in league play now that I think about with CPP and all...but that's a whole other issue....

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/12/14, 02:19 pm

[quote="PurplePonyPower"]
yellowcard5 wrote:

Perhaps it wasn't that clever? [/quot

Good point triple PPP...I don't know what I was thinking, joking about 10 yr old soccer. Anyone with any sense would have known which kids were Elite and which weren't. scratch tongue Thanks for getting this thread back on track
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/12/14, 02:21 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Worldcup2014 wrote:Carragher finished 2nd in their 3 team bracket, which is why they made it through. Granted no one knew beforehand how the brackets were arranged.  The guest players were filling in for players missing due to injuries or out for Thanksgiving.  Other teams did the same.  

A win in PK's is still a win. Those are the rules.  

Just curious, why enter a tournament if you do not have enough players either due to injury or being out for Thanksgiving where you then have to borrow players, from a top team at that, and from one the coach doesn't coach (but players he maybe used to coach in his former glory days before the fall?)? Well, it's certainly not for a lack of teams to choose from that's for sure. My general question can apply to a number of teams though, which is what makes it frustrating in these tournaments, well hell even in league play now that I think about with CPP and all...but that's a whole other issue....

cheers
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/12/14, 02:25 pm

Am I understanding you to mean that just because a player is on a LH D1 roster doesn't necessarily make them an elite level player, is that what you're saying? lol Damn, that just destroyed that myth.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/12/14, 02:47 pm

KnKsDad wrote:

Am I understanding you to mean that just because a player is on a LH D1 roster doesn't necessarily make them an elite level player, is that what you're saying? lol Damn, that just destroyed that myth.

Quit kidding around...you know that any kid in LH D-1 is going to be better than all other kids that aren't.  
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 04/12/14, 02:23 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

It's a slow day at work and even slower on this board so I will bite and give my two cents. We beat Premier 1-0 at PLD but lost to Elite 2-0 in league play. My opinion, Elite is still the better team...when they want to be. What I mean by that is I have seen them play with methodical unrelenting precision and I have seen them let that mystic slip and get frazzled. They are still the team to beat. The benchmark team that is.

Sheets my man I would have to disagree with you. I believe Premier is the better team. Not that our little team is necessarily a good barometer, but having played both on back to back weekends in league play we were at least able to attack Elite (I use the word attack loosely), but unable to finish, where against Premier we couldn't even mount an attack. Elite is susceptible to speed on the back end, but make up for it with size and exceptional skill. Just splitting hairs though..

Still curious to hear who the DTS guest players were. Heard it was one of the guests who scored one of those goals, but respect to the Premier folks for not whining and making excuses and South folks not talking any noise after the fact. I guess it's realized that it's league play that provides the better measuring stick.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 04/12/14, 02:57 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

Sheets my man I would have to disagree with you. I believe Premier is the better team. Not that our little team is necessarily a good barometer, but having played both on back to back weekends in league play we were at least able to attack Elite (I use the word attack loosely), but unable to finish, where against Premier we couldn't even mount an attack. Elite is susceptible to speed on the back end, but make up for it with size and exceptional skill. Just splitting hairs though..

Still curious to hear who the DTS guest players were. Heard it was one of the guests who scored one of those goals, but respect to the Premier folks for not whining and making excuses and South folks not talking any noise after the fact. I guess it's realized that it's league play that provides the better measuring stick.

Curiosity killed the cat ya know. Guest players shall remain anonymous......ask kid. He prob doesn't even know who they were. Guess they weren't too big of a deal. On to the next tourney. As for my opinion, Elite is still the better team of the two.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 04/12/14, 05:22 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:

Curiosity killed the cat ya know. Guest players shall remain anonymous......ask kid. He prob doesn't even know who they were. Guess they weren't too big of a deal. On to the next tourney. As for my opinion, Elite is still the better team of the two.

Agree that Elite is the most lethal team in terms of attacking potential when they get going.

That being said, the "team to beat" for the 04 division is the only unbeaten team (even after playing Elite) for what must be over a year now is it?

Incidentally we have come very close to getting it done a couple of times!

I have to think it gets done at some point in Spring. No streak lasts forever!

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/14, 06:53 pm

Somebody give this guy a DTS tshirt...Mustang is officially honorary!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/14, 07:02 pm

Yeah, It'll get done in the Spring alright lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/14, 07:11 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Yeah, It'll get done in the Spring alright lol.
Lol....pshhhhh....Ive never heard "4th times a charm...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/14, 07:14 pm

Haven't you heard of a four leaf clover lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 04/12/14, 07:56 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Haven't you heard of a four leaf clover lol.

I like playing DTS and I like our chances vs either DT team. DTS, scrappy little team, they can push with the best of them (if provoked). Do they get lucky, sometimes. But do they play hard, heck yea. Gabe is a great coach and nothing like I thought he was like. That being said, Elite is still the team fo beat. But for how much longer.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next