North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Looking for a running coach Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Looking for a running coach

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for a running coach Empty Looking for a running coach

Post by deny your goals 09/07/15, 04:11 pm

Looking for suggestions on a running coach for my dd she needs help with her form & gait. My son has done mjp but don't really want to do a group.
deny your goals
deny your goals
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Looking for a running coach Empty Re: Looking for a running coach

Post by Coach 09/07/15, 04:13 pm

Call this guy.

Looking for a running coach Forrest_gump_running_workout

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/15, 04:43 pm

Nobody ever listens to me on this, but I'll give you my advice anyway. Hill-sprints are an effective free solution. It forces forward lean, triple extension, and the arms will pump automatically. Once those motor patterns are programmed, it will translate to running on the flat surface. The only problem is finding a steep hill around here.

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 09/07/15, 05:06 pm

You can call these guys....many of you may remember Omar Stoutmire from his days at the Cowboys. If they are busy they can connect you with other independent track coaches. I'd give them a thumbs up.

http://www.ntxjackrabbits.com/
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 09/07/15, 06:50 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Nobody ever listens to me on this, but I'll give you my advice anyway.  Hill-sprints are an effective free solution.  It forces forward lean, triple extension, and the arms will pump automatically.  Once those motor patterns are programmed, it will translate to running on the flat surface.  The only problem is finding a steep hill around here.

Agree 100%. Hill sprints followed by flat sprints (after weeks, not same workout) is what top track coaches would do. Bike trails that go under roads and then back up give you enough of a hill (common in Plano), and some good hills in Richardson. Track coach that explains this well is Steve Magness. He has a specific progression for sprint training in his book The Science of Running. Google him too and probably you will get some good advice. Sprint training is not conditioning- take at least 2-3 mins full recovery after each sprint or hill sprint.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/15, 09:26 pm

A running coach???

Heck, I'd be ecstatic if we could just get a running ref at one the DD's LHGCL games this fall! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/15, 10:45 pm

There are Ref's at LHGCL games?

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticFC 12/07/15, 04:30 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Nobody ever listens to me on this, but I'll give you my advice anyway.  Hill-sprints are an effective free solution.  It forces forward lean, triple extension, and the arms will pump automatically.  Once those motor patterns are programmed, it will translate to running on the flat surface.  The only problem is finding a steep hill around here.

How long should these Hill-sprints be, measured in either length and/or time? Are you talking steep like stadium stairs or more gradual?
CelticFC
CelticFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 12/07/15, 05:03 pm

CelticFC wrote:

How long should these Hill-sprints be, measured in either length and/or time? Are you talking steep like stadium stairs or more gradual?

You are asking the other guy, not me- but hey, I'll answer anyway. My answer is based on distance running coaches that are trying to build sprint speed and advocate hill sprints (Brad Hudson, Renato Canova, Steve Magness). Magness would answer your question by saying 8 seconds of duration, 2 to 3 minutes rest, and start with something like only six sprints, and work up to about 10 of them at 10 seconds. This is not steps (because that isn't the sprinting mechanics), but a hill. Whether it is 5% or 10% or whatever, is ok- they give different stimulus but it's all good. After a few weeks or more of 2 to 3x/wk hill sprints, you can do some flat sprints, and then you work up to 100m, and then after a few sessions you work on speed endurance. Maybe you would skip this last step for soccer players because they don't need to worry about sprinting 150m or 200m continuously.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/07/15, 07:59 pm

There is a difference in sprinting on a track and sprinting on a soccer field if you have a ball at your feet.

Point of reference.

https://youtu.be/hZqEj-Qyg6U

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 12/07/15, 08:35 pm

So nobody sprints without a soccer ball on the pitch? I guess I'll need to tell my DD and her coach she doesn't need to include sprints in her training anymore (she'll be thrilled).
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 12/07/15, 08:37 pm

LaLiga06 wrote:There is a difference in sprinting on a track and sprinting on a soccer field if you have a ball at your feet.

Point of reference.

Yes, and running in a straight line is different than changing directions. Good point.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/07/15, 08:40 pm

I love the sarcasm from seasoned posters.

A world class player has a style of sprinting developed for his task at hand. It's referenced in the video if you even watched it. Short gate, for ball control, change of direction....

How would Bolt do sprinting up on a ball with a sprinters style of running....

Forget all that, kick ball coaches love those types of players... carry on.

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 12/07/15, 08:53 pm

Sprint training recruits (makes available) more fast twitch fibers, and decreases ground contact time, and improves the body's elastic energy storage and return system. Sprinting on a hill forces good mechanics (landing on ball of foot rather than heel striking).
None of the above says that changing directions isn't important, that technique with the ball isn't important (or the most important), that tactics don't matter, etc.
And regarding what kind of coaches most need to know the science of improving sprinting speed- maybe it's the coaches that recruit players based on technical and tactical rather than speed- not the "kickball" coaches that recruit players that are gifted with speed already.

To summarize:
OP asks for help with dd's running form.
We have one vote for Forest Gump, one vote for Ronaldo, one vote for an ex-Cowboys player, and two votes for hill sprints. What else do we have? This is getting fun LOL.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/07/15, 09:02 pm

Www.coachup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rzrFC 14/07/15, 10:05 am

Kyle Meadows may be overkill for your needs; but is world class.

http://highfivefitness.net/kyle-meadows/

http://dallassidekicks.net/sidekicks-team-up-with-world-class-trainer-for-upcoming-season/

rzrFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 10:23 am

LaLiga06 wrote:There is a difference in sprinting on a track and sprinting on a soccer field if you have a ball at your feet.

Point of reference.

I've seen this video cited many times and I HATE it. The sprinter is cutting in running shoes and CR7 is in cleats. It proves nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 10:31 am

Sho'nuff wrote:

Point of reference.

I've seen this video cited many times and I HATE it.  The sprinter is cutting in running shoes and CR7 is in cleats.  It proves nothing.

so putting cleats on the sprinter instantly makes him Ronaldo on the pitch? Would love to hear the explanation on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 10:41 am

LaLiga06 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:

Point of reference.

I've seen this video cited many times and I HATE it.  The sprinter is cutting in running shoes and CR7 is in cleats.  It proves nothing.

so putting cleats on the sprinter instantly makes him Ronaldo on the pitch?  Would love to hear the explanation on this?

No, it's difficult to cut on turf in running shoes. Why is this hard to see? It's just a BS CR7 propaganda video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 10:43 am

So you teach your DD to sprint with a ball at her feet just as if she was sprinting down a track?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 10:45 am

and please explain the propaganda when they explain the sprinter is faster than Ronaldo in the dead on sprint because of form... Ronaldo is running as he would on a pitch, ready for change of direction, recieve a ball, come up on a ball at speed and take the proper first touch.... his stride is shorter for a reason... form required for the task at hand.

There is speed and then there is speed with a ball or even just speed to a ball and being able to recieve, attack, defend, change direction....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:12 am

LaLiga06 wrote:and please explain the propaganda when they explain the sprinter is faster than Ronaldo in the dead on sprint because of form... Ronaldo is running as he would on a pitch, ready for change of direction, recieve a ball, come up on a ball at speed and take the proper first touch.... his stride is shorter for a reason... form required for the task at hand.

There is speed and then there is speed with a ball or even just speed to a ball and being able to recieve, attack, defend, change direction....

I'm sorry that your DD moves like molasses. Evil or Very Mad

The OP asked about SPINTING FORM. If you have a useful recommendation, please do share it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:14 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
LaLiga06 wrote:and please explain the propaganda when they explain the sprinter is faster than Ronaldo in the dead on sprint because of form... Ronaldo is running as he would on a pitch, ready for change of direction, recieve a ball, come up on a ball at speed and take the proper first touch.... his stride is shorter for a reason... form required for the task at hand.

I'm sorry that your DD moves like molasses.   Evil or Very Mad

The OP asked about SPINTING FORM.  If you have a useful recommendation, please do share it.

you like to take shots at little girls... explains alot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:16 am

LaLiga06 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:

The OP asked about SPINTING FORM.  If you have a useful recommendation, please do share it.

you like to take shots at little girls... explains alot.  

That shot was at you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:17 am

Sho'nuff wrote:

The OP is also on a soccer forum...

I think you are on the wrong forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next