North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Looking for a running coach - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Looking for a running coach

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for a running coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a running coach

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:17 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
LaLiga06 wrote:and please explain the propaganda when they explain the sprinter is faster than Ronaldo in the dead on sprint because of form... Ronaldo is running as he would on a pitch, ready for change of direction, recieve a ball, come up on a ball at speed and take the proper first touch.... his stride is shorter for a reason... form required for the task at hand.

There is speed and then there is speed with a ball or even just speed to a ball and being able to recieve, attack, defend, change direction....

I'm sorry that your DD moves like molasses.   Evil or Very Mad

The OP asked about SPINTING FORM.  If you have a useful recommendation, please do share it.

The OP is also on a soccer forum...

I think you are on the wrong forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:18 am

Sho'nuff wrote:
LaLiga06 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:
LaLiga06 wrote:and please explain the propaganda when they explain the sprinter is faster than Ronaldo in the dead on sprint because of form... Ronaldo is running as he would on a pitch, ready for change of direction, recieve a ball, come up on a ball at speed and take the proper first touch.... his stride is shorter for a reason... form required for the task at hand.

There is speed and then there is speed with a ball or even just speed to a ball and being able to recieve, attack, defend, change direction....

The OP asked about SPINTING FORM.  If you have a useful recommendation, please do share it.

you like to take shots at little girls... explains alot.  

That shot was at you.  

If you know who me and my DD are feel free to come up and say hi and take your shot. Ill gladly waste my time on you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:22 am

LaLiga06 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:
LaLiga06 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:

you like to take shots at little girls... explains alot.  

That shot was at you.  

If you know who me and my DD are feel free to come up and say hi and take your shot.  Ill gladly waste my time on you.

Robert Trillo 214-418-8217  lol! In case you want to race in a cone drill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/15, 11:25 am

yes, you post it all over the place... ive seen it before.

Last edited by LaLiga06 on 14/07/15, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 14/07/15, 11:37 am

http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2015/06/training-tips/what-running-looks-like-for-a-u-s-soccer-player_41563#WDTIu0o5sDFEjZXH.99
This one works on speed and conditioning without a ball in addition to her regular training. She's a pretty decent player.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 15/07/15, 01:59 pm

Wow, we have a lot of touchy personality types today.

Every runner sprints differently. My DD had a very fast speed, but neither she nor I realized that she was running wrong. She was bringing her feet back almost to the point of kicking her butt as she would stride. She was still beating everyone in practice but she was using extra time by her stride.

A fitness coach at a practice she attended told her to lower her point of her back stride. It took awhile but she did and improved her time and form to a great degree. It isn't just about speed, it is also about running form. Does she use her arms correctly, does she run correctly?

It is also about overall stamina - can she keep up her pace throughout a game and still make a sprint in the last minute if needed. Does she know how to pace herself so that she has some energy left.

Last edited by InaB on 15/07/15, 02:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment.)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kukeeperdad 15/07/15, 03:59 pm

If you are in the Park Cities area (or inside the 635 loop), you might want to check out http://parkcitiesxc.org/

My BB runs with them and Coach is an excellent developer of form.  Don't let the name fool you, he handles sprinters as well as distance runners.
kukeeperdad
kukeeperdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolCallahan 02/08/15, 10:57 pm

Soccer and Athletic Performance Lessons

Do you want to improve your Speed, Agility and Quickness?

How fast is your 40-yard dash?
Let me time you with my Wireless Electronic Timing System.

Soccer is a running game. Have you been taught to run with proper form? Do you practice or know any running drills? Have you video taped yourself while running and really thought about what is going on with your form? Do you know how to train to get faster?

My name is Kevin Callahan and I want to train Soccer athletes who want to improve their technique and running mechanics to become more efficient in the game. (Trophy Club, Southlake, Westlake, Grapevine, Keller and NE Fort Worth area: $40 per hour for individual or $25 each person per hour for a group up to 4)

Training:
Approach: Tailored to the individual athlete

Assessment:
1. Electronic Timing System: Measurement of speed.
2. Video Tape Analysis: before and after.

Development:
1. Form and technique development.
2. Running Drills to develop form.
3. Running Drills to develop proper form for speed, agility and quickness.

Strength and Endurance:
1. Running Drills to enhance speed, agility and quickness.
2. Workouts and training drills to build strength and endurance.

Progressive training is necessary to realize sustained improvement.

Improve running mechanics so you can run smarter and more efficient.

Contact Info:
Kevin Callahan
972-523-1700

CoolCallahan
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 03/08/15, 07:16 am

This has been some of the most entertaining read I have read. I wish back when I was running track back in the day that all I spent time just.on down hill running and dumped my coach. Sorry Frank you.were great but mount Ching was all I needed not. Unfortunately like soccer speed can be taught. Improvement us easily measured as well unluck soccer. With a good measuring system the clock doesnt lie. Now there is some benefit to downhill running but if the child.doesn't have correct form.all that does is compound the problem. Learning to run correctly (I contend about 80 percent of the girls I see don't run corrctly included my own kid oh the shame but were working on that for next year) takes time. As does learning to.play this game. So for the lady or man that was looking for a running coach I think it a great question. There are alot around town. Selfish plug. I like what the guy above.had.to offer havent seen him train but approach looks like there is a plan. There needs to.be that for speed to translate. My wife (the beautiful little former olympic runner and still.current record.holder in.the 55 metres) also does speed training and.has passion to teach. So if your still looking might be a choice to help.you get faster. I can attest to.Improvement for every kid.on .my team.that.has utilized her.services even my stuborn one that lives in my house. Good luck finding a trainner and I applaud you for trying to get the speed part of your DDs game improved.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/15, 08:50 am

Marvelousmar wrote:This has been some of the most entertaining read I have read.  I wish back when I was running track back in the day that all I spent time just.on down hill running and dumped my coach.  Sorry Frank you.were great but mount Ching was all I needed not.  Unfortunately like soccer speed can be taught.  Improvement us  easily measured as well unluck soccer.  With a good measuring system the clock doesnt lie.  Now there is some benefit to downhill running but if the child.doesn't have correct form.all that does is compound the problem.  Learning to run correctly (I contend about 80 percent of the girls I see don't run corrctly included my own kid oh the shame  but were working on that for next year)  takes time.  As does learning to.play this game.  So for the lady or man that was looking for a running coach I think it a great question.  There are alot around town.  Selfish plug.  I like what the guy above.had.to offer havent seen him train but approach looks like there is a plan.  There needs to.be that for speed to translate.  My wife (the beautiful little former olympic runner and still.current record.holder in.the 55 metres)  also does speed training and.has passion to teach.  So if your still looking might be a choice to help.you get faster.  I can attest to.Improvement for every kid.on .my team.that.has utilized her.services even my stuborn one that lives in my house.  Good luck finding a trainner and I applaud you for trying to get the speed part of your DDs game improved.

*uphill. This doesn't validate it, but I don't think it should be laughed at. I'm sorry I don't have soccer examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmxWZ8Rbwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zfNlmEHr0

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 03/08/15, 09:25 am

Gosh, and people on this board thought we could never gain useful information! Thanks to all who provided good, practical and useful information!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2