North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?   Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?

Go down

Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?   Empty Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?

Post by dallassoccer73 28/09/15, 09:20 am

Curious to see who everyone feels are the top coaches in the 05 age group.  Not top teams, top coaches.  To be honest, I haven't heard great things about many of them, only which ones to stay away from.  

dallassoccer73
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?   Empty Re: Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?

Post by Guest 28/09/15, 10:25 am

dallassoccer73 wrote:only which ones to stay away from.
According to "they", aren't they all bad coaches, bad clubs, bad kids, bad parents?

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 28/09/15, 10:59 am

Arsenal 05 has a pretty decent coach, very big on development, team is doing very well this season.

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/09/15, 11:12 am

dallassoccer73 wrote:Curious to see who everyone feels are the top coaches in the 05 age group.  Not top teams, top coaches.  To be honest, I haven't heard great things about many of them, only which ones to stay away from.  

Your DD's coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 28/09/15, 11:15 am

dallassoccer73 wrote:Curious to see who everyone feels are the top coaches in the 05 age group.  Not top teams, top coaches.  To be honest, I haven't heard great things about many of them, only which ones to stay away from.  

I am going to make an educated guess and assume you are a coach for an 05 team. With that being said, your team is the best one.

This was your intent with the post, right? Or BW had it right when he said your DD's team has the best coach....

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dallassoccer73 28/09/15, 11:48 am

jsullivan81 wrote:

I am going to make an educated guess and assume you are a coach for an 05 team. With that being said, your team is the best one.

This was your intent with the post, right? Or BW had it right when he said your DD's team has the best coach....

Nope, not a coach. My DD does play at the 05 Age group. Haven't been particularly happy with the coaching. My DD is new to Select/Academy soccer (only been playing a few years. came from recreation soccer), and has always been with the same coach. We are thinking of looking for another team come next season, and want to start doing research on who to top coaches are.

Not looking for who the best team is, and which team is the worst, just want people's opinions as who the best coaches are. Who can develop technical/tactical abilities, and who can make game time changes/ tactical decisions to win. Are there certain coaches to stay away from?

dallassoccer73
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 28/09/15, 12:04 pm

DM
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 28/09/15, 12:42 pm

dallassoccer73 wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:

Nope, not a coach.  My DD does play at the 05 Age group.  Haven't been particularly happy with the coaching.  My DD is new to Select/Academy soccer (only been playing a few years. came from recreation soccer), and has always been with the same coach.  We are thinking of looking for another team come next season, and want to start doing research on who to top coaches are.  

Not looking for who the best team is, and which team is the worst, just want people's opinions as who the best coaches are.  Who can develop technical/tactical abilities, and who can make game time changes/ tactical decisions to win.  Are there certain coaches to stay away from?

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying. Since people know that, I would think you will get a million different opinions soon.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 28/09/15, 01:23 pm

I would just visit several clubs. Maybe attend some games. Get a feel of the coaching style and the parents.

TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/09/15, 01:59 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Your DD's coach.
Nice, walked right into that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer 28/09/15, 02:01 pm

TxKpr wrote:I would just visit several clubs.  Maybe attend some games.  Get a feel of the coaching style and the parents.

I agree it is all a matter of opinion, what you want to see and if your daughter would fit in.  The top teams all have great coaches, obviously or they wouldn't be top teams but I have heard different things bad and good about many of the coaches.

Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Boy 28/09/15, 02:26 pm

Top teams don't all have great coaches. Don't be fooled. You need to watch league games. You know your daughters personality. Pay close attention when a coaches team is losing. They all yell so players can hear them. Is it constructive or are they just yelling to be yelling? Find out what the turn over ratio is for the team. If they are good, developing and the players/parents like the coach, then it's minimal. When you narrow your choices down you should attend several practices. Kids give up a lot for club soccer and need to enjoy the experience. They will be better students of the game if they are happy. I've been involved in select and academy for 12 plus years. Played the game for ???? years and still do. I'm old

Country Boy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Relegated 28/09/15, 03:22 pm

Different girls/families can have very different opinions of the same coach.  We have close friends that have had bad experiences with coaches that we really enjoyed.

With that said:

Skip: First academy coach my daughter had at U9. Was probably a little too much for my daughter at that age, but in the years since, she has admitted that she learned a lot from him and is happy she had the chance to play for him.

Bussey: No first hand experience, but a parent with a daughter on a top 5 '03 team once told me, "Our family loves Bussey.  If he had a D1 team we would move our daughter there."

Gerard: My daughter loved working with him during the Street Soccer days.  He definitely made learning soccer fun for her.

K. Baker and Cuevas: No first hand experience, but have had other coaches in NTX tell me that both are quality coaches that treat their players well.

Sanchez: We know a few families at different age groups that have played for him and all have said positive things.  He was able to keep his '03 team together after it would likely have been a D1 team at U11, but was disqualified.  Keeping that group intact after that bump in the road has always impressed me.

Ring: My daughter has only practiced with him a few times, but said the workouts were challenging, but enjoyable.  Was told he could be hard on his players at times, but my daughter did not witness anything of that nature. She said he is a coach she could see herself playing for if she ever changed teams.
Relegated
Relegated
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by totalfootball 28/09/15, 03:30 pm

Look for a coach that emphasis on skills at training, find a team where your kid gets lots of playtime and as long as she wakes up on the weekend with a spring in her legs. You are in the right environment.
Tom P. wrote:Different girls/families can have very different opinions of the same coach.  We have close friends that have had bad experiences with coaches that we really enjoyed.

With that said:

Skip: First academy coach my daughter had at U9. Was probably a little too much for my daughter at that age, but in the years since, she has admitted that she learned a lot from him and is happy she had the chance to play for him.

Bussey: No first hand experience, but a parent with a daughter on a top 5 '03 team once told me, "Our family loves Bussey.  If he had a D1 team we would move our daughter there."

Gerard: My daughter loved working with him during the Street Soccer days.  He definitely made learning soccer fun for her.

K. Baker and Cuevas: No first hand experience, but have had other coaches in NTX tell me that both are quality coaches that treat their players well.

Sanchez: We know a few families at different age groups that have played for him and all have said positive things.  He was able to keep his '03 team together after it would likely have been a D1 team at U11, but was disqualified.  Keeping that group intact after that bump in the road has always impressed me.

Ring: My daughter has only practiced with him a few times, but said the workouts were challenging, but enjoyable.  Was told he could be hard on his players at times, but my daughter did not witness anything of that nature.

totalfootball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/09/15, 04:06 pm

"The top teams all have great coaches"??????

That is the biggest load of hogwash I have seen today...unless you were being purposely facetious. If that is the case; HILARIOUS!

Someone brilliantly noted above to find the coach that has your daughter jumping up eager to play on the weekends because soccer is fun and challenging.  Don't run to the teams just becasue they play in XYZ league and have won ABC games.  That's about as myopic as one can get IMHO...

Back to top Go down

Post by totalfootball 28/09/15, 09:21 pm

Can't comprehend XYZ leagues, ABC wins or €£¥ trophies.  I was just average at X&Os in Rec leagues playing purple ponies and trashing them.  I don't now and i should be sipping some rum in Sao paulo  summers when my dd will be training in Brazil from coming summer onwards.  That's my long term vision.

Blob wrote:"The top teams all have great coaches"??????

That is the biggest load of hogwash I have seen today...unless you were being purposely facetious.  If that is the case; HILARIOUS!

Someone brilliantly noted above to find the coach that has your daughter jumping up eager to play on the weekends because soccer is fun and challenging.  Don't run to the teams just becasue they play in XYZ league and have won ABC games.  That's about as myopic as one can get IMHO...

totalfootball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Academydad05 07/10/15, 03:17 pm

I'll share my situation with my daughter's former coach and if you want to know who it is send me a message.

I'll lay it out. 2.5 years ago there were not enough girls to field a 9v9 team. Even with that half of the team probably should have been playing Rec. What he did not just with the kids...but with the parents...was teach them how to be winners. He taught the girls how to conduct themselves on and off the field. He forced them to "learn the game" and be accountable for the things that he couldn't teach them in the 3 hours a week he had them.

I think every parent at some point questioned his methods and philosophies. We felt he could be harsh with our girls and didn't take too kind to it. It was to the point that one day I asked my daughter if she wanted to change teams...and she said "I don't want to play for anyone else." I spoke to some other parents and they said their kids have said similar things. So I let it go.

What I didn't understand was as much as you could with 9 and 10 year olds....he was building a culture. As time went on and the girls held up their end, and the parents their end, they grew. Not just grew, but they started winning. The feat in itself however, wasn't the winning...it was the cohesiveness and teamwork on the field was really fun and exciting to watch.

In 2.5 years with a group of girls that prior to that never played together...they made D1. They are probably the least athletic, star studded team in D1. Yet, they are there, and they are competitive. They are a tough, scrappy bunch of girls that believe they can win every time they take the field. They have adopted the mentality and the drive of their coach....and it's a beautiful thing. More importantly, he really really cares about the girls.

Now..he has been known to tick off other coaches...but he has a dry since of humor....you would get use to it.

Academydad05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 09/10/15, 12:23 am

totalfootball wrote:Look for a coach that emphasis on skills at training,  find a team where your kid gets lots of playtime and as long as she wakes up on the weekend with a spring in her legs. You are in the right environment.
Tom P. wrote:Different girls/families can have very different opinions of the same coach.  We have close friends that have had bad experiences with coaches that we really enjoyed.

With that said:

Ring: My daughter has only practiced with him a few times, but said the workouts were challenging, but enjoyable.  Was told he could be hard on his players at times, but my daughter did not witness anything of that nature.

Agree with totalfootball...with the age pure rule change, Reagan Angell is now coaching in the 05 age group. His approach is highly technical and the girls love playing for him. His focus is on long-term player development and his older teams are very entertaining to watch. He has partnered with another outstanding coach in Melissa Garrett to form one of the first age pure 05 teams already playing league play this fall. Sting North 06 (AP 05)
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/10/15, 08:14 am

Smile called it[quote="bwgophers]Your DD's coach.[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Best Coaches in the 05 Age Group?   Empty Top Coach

Post by ckorgel 09/06/16, 01:32 pm

Voutier

ckorgel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 09/06/16, 01:54 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
dallassoccer73 wrote:only which ones to stay away from.
According to "they", aren't they all bad coaches, bad clubs, bad kids, bad parents?
Only bad parents.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down