North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls DA in 2017 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Girls DA in 2017

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girls DA in 2017 - Page 4 Empty Re: Girls DA in 2017

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 06:33 am

FCT2016 wrote:Oh yeah! "I need my DD to play up so she is paying against physically quicker and stronger kids!"  Don't need more touches on the ball then? Fools!

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2016/02/as-a-womens-soccer-nation-we-have-a-skill-problem/

"All too often the tactics of our U.S. youth women’s national teams diverge into the realm of the direct, bypassing the individual skill inherent in those sides and relying to a fault on balls over the top and the speed to get under them. Some teams have made an effort to pass through the middle, and that is laudable, but too many have rested for too long on physical ability that will not always be there when you need it."

ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 19/02/16, 07:17 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:
rzrFC wrote:You speak the truth ballhead and I have no disagreement with any of your points.  ECNL is a victim of there own success by expanding beyond their original intent.  My argument is that U.S. Club Soccer's success rate with leagues (NPL and ENCL) is light years ahead of anything USSF or USYS has done for young ladies.  As I said in my earlier posts, USSF should support and enhance what IS working...ECNL.  If they are trying to fix something that's broken, maybe they should start with the men's side.  Or, regional leagues.

Your argument that US Club Soccer's leagues are working because the WNT won the world cup is flawed. First off neither morgan brian nor press nor any of the other players named can be legitimately claimed as ecnl products. They all came up through the old system of usys and odp. Brian may have played a few games in ecnl u23 after she was already in college and a long time NT player. Go check where she actually played her club soccer.

Second off, where is the evidence ecnl is producing more talented YNTs than the old system? Several ecnl era YNT  have recently struggled in international competitions whereas the old gals basically dominated all minnows. After the u20s performance at last u20wc, it looked to me ussf started taking more ownership of their scouting and started expanding their call ups to include more non ecnl players. Ecnl still dominates rosters, but ussf realized they needed to also id fantastic players not in ecnl.

Thirdly, if you watched the wwc you saw the gap between us and the rest of the world rapidly closing. We needed an abby moment to get past nigeria and some good calls and a pk miss to put away germany. Yes the ladies destroyed japan in the final, but if you look at the entire picture of the early rounds plus the trends of our YNTs, ussf would be silly to sit on their hands and conclude no improvements are needed. The women don't have the same goals as the men. They're trying to retain their spot as the best in the world.

ECNL hooked up college coaches with aspiring players more efficiently than any prior league. The top ecnl talent is better than any other youth league. As more and more clubs that send kids to NTs get ecnl added, there is no longer any debate about those points. But the idea every ecnl team is strong top to bottom, or is on a different level than all non ecnl, is myth. Myth supported largely by the type of marketing that made you believe morgan brian was an ecnl product.

DA could be a huge win for womens soccer. Even moreso if ussf creates a sensible structure for the levels below to feed the DA with similarly trained players who have also been exposed to standards based, competitive environments. Hopefully that structure allows free movement between the levels as players or clubs progress or regress. The quality in the base and middle tiers will ultimately determine how good the top can become.

Very well said.
For me, it's quite amazing how many posters jumped to the defense of ECNL once the announcement of Girls DA implementation was made. While ECNL may be promoting players to the national stage in other states, that has not been happening to the same degree in NTX.
A quick look at current USWNT rosters from U15 through the full national team (eight squads) shows just eight NTX players. That's on a par with states like Washington and Georgia. Meanwhile California, Colorado, Florida, and New Jersey continue to dominate selection.
While our kids may sometimes win on TEAMS at the national level, they are obviously not impressing the US national staff enough as INDIVIDUALS.  
And yet these ECNL coaches here in NTX will arrogantly talk all day about the quality they are producing. Not a great deal of humility there despite the low production. Imagine if they had a corporate job like the rest of us!
Time for an upgrade. NTX players with USWNT aspirations should be welcoming USSF Girls DA with open arms.

Your one line says it all.  The NTX clubs and coaches focus exclusively on maximizing TEAM which equals maximizing cash flow.  The players are just easily interchangeable parts to be used in the teams success, so there is no real financial incentive or benefit to the clubs or coaches for investing time in maximizing any individual players development.

In most cases a TEAM of larger, faster, athletic girls with moderate soccer IQ and skills will beat a TEAM with a some very skilled and talented soccer players unless the rest of their team is comprised of large, fast, athletic girls.  It is the simple formula the WNT has used very successfully for the last 20+ years.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 19/02/16, 08:47 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:
rzrFC wrote:You speak the truth ballhead and I have no disagreement with any of your points.  ECNL is a victim of there own success by expanding beyond their original intent.  My argument is that U.S. Club Soccer's success rate with leagues (NPL and ENCL) is light years ahead of anything USSF or USYS has done for young ladies.  As I said in my earlier posts, USSF should support and enhance what IS working...ECNL.  If they are trying to fix something that's broken, maybe they should start with the men's side.  Or, regional leagues.

Your argument that US Club Soccer's leagues are working because the WNT won the world cup is flawed. First off neither morgan brian nor press nor any of the other players named can be legitimately claimed as ecnl products. They all came up through the old system of usys and odp. Brian may have played a few games in ecnl u23 after she was already in college and a long time NT player. Go check where she actually played her club soccer.

Second off, where is the evidence ecnl is producing more talented YNTs than the old system? Several ecnl era YNT  have recently struggled in international competitions whereas the old gals basically dominated all minnows. After the u20s performance at last u20wc, it looked to me ussf started taking more ownership of their scouting and started expanding their call ups to include more non ecnl players. Ecnl still dominates rosters, but ussf realized they needed to also id fantastic players not in ecnl.

Thirdly, if you watched the wwc you saw the gap between us and the rest of the world rapidly closing. We needed an abby moment to get past nigeria and some good calls and a pk miss to put away germany. Yes the ladies destroyed japan in the final, but if you look at the entire picture of the early rounds plus the trends of our YNTs, ussf would be silly to sit on their hands and conclude no improvements are needed. The women don't have the same goals as the men. They're trying to retain their spot as the best in the world.

ECNL hooked up college coaches with aspiring players more efficiently than any prior league. The top ecnl talent is better than any other youth league. As more and more clubs that send kids to NTs get ecnl added, there is no longer any debate about those points. But the idea every ecnl team is strong top to bottom, or is on a different level than all non ecnl, is myth. Myth supported largely by the type of marketing that made you believe morgan brian was an ecnl product.

DA could be a huge win for womens soccer. Even moreso if ussf creates a sensible structure for the levels below to feed the DA with similarly trained players who have also been exposed to standards based, competitive environments. Hopefully that structure allows free movement between the levels as players or clubs progress or regress. The quality in the base and middle tiers will ultimately determine how good the top can become.

Very well said.
For me, it's quite amazing how many posters jumped to the defense of ECNL once the announcement of Girls DA implementation was made. While ECNL may be promoting players to the national stage in other states, that has not been happening to the same degree in NTX.
A quick look at current USWNT rosters from U15 through the full national team (eight squads) shows just eight NTX players. That's on a par with states like Washington and Georgia. Meanwhile California, Colorado, Florida, and New Jersey continue to dominate selection.
While our kids may sometimes win on TEAMS at the national level, they are obviously not impressing the US national staff enough as INDIVIDUALS.  
And yet these ECNL coaches here in NTX will arrogantly talk all day about the quality they are producing. Not a great deal of humility there despite the low production. Imagine if they had a corporate job like the rest of us!
Time for an upgrade. NTX players with USWNT aspirations should be welcoming USSF Girls DA with open arms.

I love the fact that this post happens exactly two posts after I highlight the admitted USSF coastal bias.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 19/02/16, 10:04 am

Here are my 2 pennies:

1.  For it to be truly successful in NTX, there should only be 2 DA clubs, maybe 3.

2.  ECNL should be 3 clubs, maybe 4 in NTX.  NTX ECNL is not as strong as it should be compared to the rest of the county because there are too many teams locally and not enough "elite" players on those teams due to the need to fill rosters.  As many have noted, this is an opportunity to reshuffle and trim the fat of weak ECNL clubs.  DA will become top-tier but ECNL should do all it can and restructure in order to stay relevant as second under DA.

3.  There are examples of ECNL parents paying $10K a year but there are also examples of that from non-ECNL teams. There are plenty of other leagues/avenues to blow your soccer budget trust me. 

4.  ODP appears to be really hurting in NTX right now, most notably for the younger aged select DDs.  Not only are select coaches discouraging it but it appears your money goes further paying a skills coach in one or two DD group sessions than in a 18 player pool of less-than-top talent.

5.  There's no question that the gap is closing on the USWNT.  You guys are right on.  USSF luckily sees it and appears to be attempting to remedy it.  We need to just hope that they are going to implement the remedy through DA in the right way.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 19/02/16, 11:04 am

IS the gap really closing on the USWNT? I heard from a friend that went to the games over the weekend the US players were head and shoulders above everyone else. Plus, you have so many good young players coming up, the US should be the #1 team in the World for at least the next ten years if nothing changes at all. Morgan Bryan, Christen Press, Mewis, Pugh, McCaffrey, etc etc.

The coach of one of the other countries indicated the US could field two separate teams and they would both be top five in the World. The US is incredibly deep and there is no end in sight. I don't think DA or ECNL changes on the girls side will have any affect on the USWNT.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 19/02/16, 11:18 am

sprint wrote:IS the gap really closing on the USWNT?  I heard from a friend that went to the games over the weekend the US players were head and shoulders above everyone else.  Plus, you have so many good young players coming up, the US should be the #1 team in the World for at least the next ten years if nothing changes at all.  Morgan Bryan, Christen Press, Mewis, Pugh, McCaffrey, etc etc.  

The coach of one of the other countries indicated the US could field two separate teams and they would both be top five in the World.  The US is incredibly deep and there is no end in sight.  I don't think DA or ECNL changes on the girls side will have any affect on the USWNT.  

Last week was not a good barometer.  FIFA rankings from December have USA #1, Mexico #26, Costa Rica #34 and Puerto Rico #108.  Mexico parked the bus big time but the USWNT had no trouble with Costa Rica or Puerto Rico.  The closing of the gap is coming from those teams behind the US - Germany, France, Japan, Brazil ...
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 19/02/16, 11:47 am

[quote="TatonkaBurger"][quote="sprint"]IS the gap really closing on the USWNT?  I heard from a friend that went to the games over the weekend the US players were head and shoulders above everyone else.  Plus, you have so many good young players coming up, the US should be the #1 team in the World for at least the next ten years if nothing changes at all.  Morgan Bryan, Christen Press, Mewis, Pugh, McCaffrey, etc etc.  

The coach of one of the other countries indicated the US could field two separate teams and they would both be top five in the World.  The US is incredibly deep and there is no end in sight.  I don't think DA or ECNL changes on the girls side will have any affect on the USWNT.  

[/quote]

Last week was not a good barometer.  FIFA rankings from December have USA #1, Mexico #26, Costa Rica #34 and Puerto Rico #108.  Mexico parked the bus big time but the USWNT had no trouble with Costa Rica or Puerto Rico.  The closing of the gap is coming from those teams behind the US - Germany, France, Japan, Brazil ...[/quote]

Germany, France, Japan and the other top teams may challenge a little, but the US is still dominate and more importantly is getting better. Most would say the young talent in the que will make the team better than the team that just won the World Cup. Players like Brian, Dunn, Pugh, and others are the future of the team and they are better than those on the way out. The US is evolving and getting better, so don't see the gap closing. ( we will see how the Olympics go) or heck maybe Trinidad and Tobago takes them down????

Just my opinion but I would continue to bet on the US women in the next three World Cups at least.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Relegated 19/02/16, 01:50 pm

I understand the desire for the USWNT to win every game, in every tournament, every year.  I also understand the thought that if you are not trying to improve the team (or system) then you better watch out for other countries catching up to our women, but...

... there have been 7 world cups and we have won 3 of them.  There have been 5 Olympics with women's soccer and we have won 4 gold medals.  That is a remarkably high success rate especially when you consider the ability of a lesser team to park the bus and make scoring very difficult.  Maybe 12+ years from now we will be 0 for 6 in the big events, but I doubt it.

I guess what I am saying is, of all the things in this country to worry about, the success of the USWNT doesn't seem to be too high on the list.  It hasn't even come up once in any political debate!
Relegated
Relegated
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/02/16, 02:43 pm

In an effort to take over Women's soccer, China is allowing two-children families.

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 19/02/16, 02:55 pm

[quote="Tom P."] I guess what I am saying is, of all the things in this country to worry about, the success of the USWNT doesn't seem to be too high on the list.  It hasn't even come up once in any political debate![/quote]

Not yet, but I hear Sanders wants to redistribute some of our better players to other countries to make it more fair. Very Happy

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 46&2 19/02/16, 04:22 pm

It seems like the rigid structure of DA and the daily demands of training, along with the inability to play school sports would limit many girls' interest in a program like that as long as there is a viable option out there like ECNL. With the likelihood of DA being only 36-54 girls in each age group, the numbers of kids being affected by this is fairly low to begin with.

I still have no idea (outside of $$ and power) why US Soccer would have any desire to follow the structure that has brought almost no success to our men's program. As a parent who realizes that my kid (or 99.99% of any of our kids) will not be on the USWNT at any point in her life, I don't really see the point in DA.

Doesn't US Soccer need to build something and then actually prove that is better than what currently exists, or do they just get to be the bully in schoolyard?
46&2
46&2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/16, 04:29 pm

Make the rounds of soccer forums around the country and this idea that boys DA doesn't work is a consistent theme thrown out by parents of female players. It is wrong IMO. Boys club soccer was just as much a country club sport as the girls side...go look at the top DA sides today. They don't look anything like classic league teams of the past. Some of these MLS teams have straight up ballers! We are now starting to send kids to europe early instead of a handful trying to scratch something together in their late twenties.

People were down on our u17 boys for not getting out of group at last 17WC...but they played far better soccer than Jurgen's teams, and just happened to be in what turned out to be the group of death. They have come a LONG way in last 5 years! Because they did not become the best in the world overnight, DA isn't working?

Womens soccer folk can't have it both ways. We want equal pay as men, but we want to insist girls shouldn't have pro aspirations and should keep their focus solely on using soccer to get money for college.

The type of player the DA should target is playing because of a massive passion for the game...not high school, not their friends, not for a college coach to get them into a better school, but primarily because of their desire to be a world class player. Of course that excludes the vast majority of kids...as it should.

But there are girls out there who if you ask them at 11-years-old, they say they want to be a pro soccer player. Those kids whose day to day immersion in the game lines up with their stated goals deserve to have the same outlook as the boys. My kid isnt one in this bucket, but I know some who are. If their talent and ability can match anything men can do, get those types of players the training and environment that will set them up to be entertainers who can make people want to pay to watch women's soccer.  A good # of those kids won't have wealthy parents. DA should be making it possible for their talent to bubble up where the high cost leagues of the past could not.

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 20/02/16, 06:27 pm

4-3-3 wrote:Make the rounds of soccer forums around the country and this idea that boys DA doesn't work is a consistent theme thrown out by parents of female players. It is wrong IMO. Boys club soccer was just as much a country club sport as the girls side...go look at the top DA sides today. They don't look anything like classic league teams of the past. Some of these MLS teams have straight up ballers! We are now starting to send kids to europe early instead of a handful trying to scratch something together in their late twenties.

People were down on our u17 boys for not getting out of group at last 17WC...but they played far better soccer than Jurgen's teams, and just happened to be in what turned out to be the group of death. They have come a LONG way in last 5 years! Because they did not become the best in the world overnight, DA isn't working?

Womens soccer folk can't have it both ways. We want equal pay as men, but we want to insist girls shouldn't have pro aspirations and should keep their focus solely on using soccer to get money for college.

The type of player the DA should target is playing because of a massive passion for the game...not high school, not their friends, not for a college coach to get them into a better school, but primarily because of their desire to be a world class player. Of course that excludes the vast majority of kids...as it should.

But there are girls out there who if you ask them at 11-years-old, they say they want to be a pro soccer player. Those kids whose day to day immersion in the game lines up with their stated goals deserve to have the same outlook as the boys. My kid isnt one in this bucket, but I know some who are. If their talent and ability can match anything men can do, get those types of players the training and environment that will set them up to be entertainers who can make people want to pay to watch women's soccer.  A good # of those kids won't have wealthy parents. DA should be making it possible for their talent to bubble up where the high cost leagues of the past could not.

Gonna break the Internet with that one amigo! Well said!
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 21/02/16, 03:47 pm

While it would be nice to assume the Development Academy will allow folks who can't afford professional coaching for their kids from a relatively young age to reach the top echelons of the Sport, that's a bit unrealistic. What I've seen so far is that US Soccer creams the the top talent off the clubs. It relies on the clubs to develop the talent. The clubs have scholarships but not a lot of them. Maybe DA will be free to the players but getting there is going to cost for most players and may not be free for all of the participants.

I think competitive kids will always want to compete. The money being spent on professional coaching by parents in the US is making a difference from the top to the bottom. The DA will allow the USWNT to recruit from a very strong pool of talent but comparisons with the boys are a slight waste of time. The women that succeed come to the US from Europe not the other way around.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/16, 08:00 pm

A question regarding the efficacy of DA vs. the current ECNL system as it pertains to player development...

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't you essentially have the same clubs with the same coaches coaching the DA teams that are now coaching the ECNL teams at whatever club(s) get the DA spots?  I understand that DA membership requires adherence to a common US Soccer mandated development program and have heard that there are reviews/audits, etc. of the member clubs on the boys side, but is US Soccer really going to invest in the training and oversight to ensure that what they want done will be significantly different and/or better than what is current going on?

It seems to me that the only way implementing a DA on the girls side truly changes things from the current ECNL & National League club-based, pay-to-play system, is if US Soccer invests significant $$$ to:

1) Subsidize costs, so that it truly draws in talent across the entire socioeconomic cross-section
2) Provide sufficient resource to train and evaluate the clubs/coaches across the DA system, and then PAY the best coaches more than they can make in the current system.

I personally don't see where the money is going to come from to support this, and therefore, I think DA is really going to turn out to be just reshuffling of the current club soccer deck.  

I still think the overwhelming majority of the best players will flock to the DA clubs, because it will be perceived as the de-facto funnel to the WNT squads.  Then, since the best players are going to the DA clubs, the top D1 college programs will target the DA teams first.  ECNL will not go away, and will still be a source of many D1 college players, but it will lose a little bit of it's luster due to having a good portion of it's best players poached by DA.

Anyway, that's my lowly, ignorant opinion...  feel free to blast away...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/02/16, 05:44 am

Nope , totally correct. Only the name will change.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 22/02/16, 07:38 am

As with most things.  'Follow the money'.

As long as the revenue to the coaches and clubs is based on a 'pay to play, pay to get trained, or scholarship more players to win' model rather than clubs and coaches getting paid for producing quality soccer players, I don't see that much will change.

Particularly since there is no revenue stream on the womens side to support the latter.

Unfortunately there is just not enough revenue on the womens side to operate a development first model.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 22/02/16, 03:13 pm

Agree. Don't believe there will be any money to subsidize the women's side.
Further, whatever there is, will be funneled to the clubs and so suspect it would go into the general fund or maybe offer scholarships/ incentives for the few targeted kids.
I am still in a very much wait and see with how this impacts ECNL. There are weaker ECNL teams currently and those are probably less likely to be scouted than those at the higher end. Maybe DA just becomes the higher tier and ENCL levels out.
Maybe this offers ECNL an opportunity to realign or even expand. ODP NTX appears to have become a money maker more than skills development/ identifier it is in other states. How ECNL responds to this is what I am really interested in seeing come about.
I think that any of the five clugs that does get DA status will then take their next top team and plug them into the ECNL spot. Next in line gets the LHGCL bye and so forth. Each level will serve to attract girls from other teams that want to play at that level.
What do think is a risk is a disregard for LHGCL DII and below once DA is in place.

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/02/16, 03:44 pm

I guess I'm the only one excited about it. 2-3 teams covering a two-year agegroup sounds much better than the current ECNL model, even if the coaching is the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 22/02/16, 03:51 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:I guess I'm the only one excited about it.  2-3 teams covering a two-year agegroup sounds much better than the current ECNL model, even if the coaching is the same.

I agree that 2 pinnacle teams in NTX for each age group could be better even with recycled coaches.

Think it more depends on what the focus of the teams will be (winning now vs producing great high potential players) and what the selection criteria for those teams would be.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 22/02/16, 03:52 pm

Starting fall 2016 for Boys DA.

U12
U13
U14
U15/U16
U17/U18

This is a change from the current structure.

AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 22/02/16, 04:23 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Starting fall 2016 for Boys DA.

U12
U13
U14
U15/U16
U17/U18

This is a change from the current structure.

What does this mean for the girls? If anything.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 22/02/16, 05:06 pm

Excited? I am apprehensive.
If it were just about the quality of soccer in N Texas, then sure- great to watch.

But my DD is in the mix. If DA takes a year or two or more to get it right, I worry that her visibility or development etc may suffer. ECNL has worked out the kinks. So stay in ECNL you might say, but I am in the camp that thinks that DA will draw all the first looks, then ECNL. Prior to this it was just ECNL. There was no divisiveness or unnecessary competition for which team to join. Also DA has different substitution rules than ECNL. That also impacts how much those girls who don't start get seen or to play.

So pensive would be the camp I find myself sitting...

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 22/02/16, 05:09 pm

BurnOnYou wrote:Excited?   I am apprehensive.
If it were just about the quality of soccer in N Texas, then sure- great to watch.

But my DD is in the mix.  If DA takes a year or two or more to get it right, I worry that her visibility or development etc may suffer.  ECNL has worked out the kinks.  So stay in ECNL you might say, but I am in the camp that thinks that DA will draw all the first looks, then ECNL.  Prior to this it was just ECNL.  There was no divisiveness or unnecessary competition for which team to join.  Also DA has different substitution rules than ECNL. That also impacts how much those girls who don't start get seen or to play.

So pensive would be the camp I find myself sitting...

If you are concerned about the substitution rules then your DD may not be in the mix as much as you may think.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 23/02/16, 10:46 am

It's official, and structure will begin similar to how boys did, no word as to if/when will expand to structure that boys will be starting this fall.

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/u-s-soccer-officially-announces-girls-development-academy/
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 23/02/16, 10:53 am

4 training days a week, 10 months a year, and no outside play(High School ODP)... Be hard to even play another sport in High School it would seem.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next