North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Poor Sportsmanship - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Poor Sportsmanship

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Poor Sportsmanship - Page 2 Empty Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Post by helvetii 19/10/16, 07:07 am

I have said my piece. I am done here. Thanks for the great discussion.

helvetii
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 19/10/16, 08:00 am

helvetii wrote:I have said my piece.  I am done here.  Thanks for the great discussion.

I think you mean "peace"? And who said it was a great discussion? 5 Expulsions? You've been stalking me again haven't you? You are definitely a "peace" of work

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 19/10/16, 08:41 am

Wow FC1 and you are what's wrong with YOUTH soccer. As our coach put, we kicked the ball out because it is the right thing to do, and we will continue to do that when we think a player is seriously hurt because teaching players how to be good people is more important than winning. Clearly FC1 and fushion put winning over teaching the players integrity, great message for the youngsters.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 09:31 am

Hey, how's the weather up there where you two are at? Really, c'mon now, all this crying over the fact that some opponent didn't do the "right thing". How many times does that happen in a game? How bout get off your self righteous soapbox and put your big girl panties on and play. No you would rather come on here and cry and attack a coaches credibility because he didn't do what you thought he should.
It has been stated no rules were violated either.
Let me ask you this, say your in some big championship game and the score is tied. Time is running out and you are attacking when an opposing player goes down, say not even in direct play. Are you going to do the "right thing" and kick the ball out? Oh and BTW who won the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 19/10/16, 09:57 am

100 percent will kick the ball out. Just so you know I have never seen anyone not pass the ball back in 30 years of playing and watching. Also the team were 2-1 up at the time with a minute left when kicking the ball out, the opposition didn't pass the ball back and tied the game up due to that. So good one mate. "Put the big girl panties on" not really when the girls lend a helping hand and get punched in the face for it. We really are seeing how many people care about the wins over teaching players to be good people.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 19/10/16, 10:00 am

Done with this convo now, not worth speaking to people who care more about a win/tie on a random Sunday morning than teaching sportsmanship and integrity to players that will go outside of soccer.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 10:24 am

Don't know where you're getting your statistics from "mate" but it is not done 100% of the time. Just one more question "mate" and I'll let you get back on your high horse. Did you grow those sour grapes in your back yard or did you buy them at the store.

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 19/10/16, 10:51 am

If teaching and expecting fair play, sportsmanship and integrity is me on a high horse then I will sit up their proudly. Thanks

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 11:16 am

Good for you, your coach, the other parents on your team, and your players for teaching and exhibiting good sportsmanship! Please keep it up! They will be better off in the long run for it!

Hopefully the public flogging you are giving the coach of the other team will help remove some of the sting from the result and you'll find yourself sleeping better at night as well...

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 19/10/16, 11:52 am

I never said it wasn't the right thing to do. I pointed out that some coaches, pro's and kids use it as an advantage etc.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fliptc 19/10/16, 12:56 pm

I have seen this team and the coach, lots of crying to the ref and lots of arguing with the ref from the players on every call. I do have a question. Have the rules changed this year? I was under the impression that getting a red card ( even a soft red because of two yellows) meant you had to sit out the next game. Am I mistaken on that?? The said team had a player in the previous game get the two yellows equals red and was sent off but she played in this game in question.
fliptc
fliptc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 19/10/16, 01:05 pm

Stick to the issue at hand, everyone has a temper some more than others. ( Have you seen how much rain they get in England it has to make you a little bitter every now and then. Plus most of the English are still dealing with the loss to Iceland.) So how many times he has been tossed really doesn't matter it's fun watching coaches loose it now and then but it's all part of the game. Let's stick to the topic at hand related to what is Fair play.

I don't think this is a situation about high horse or anything like that.  Again I really like the coaches of both teams so I guess I am in muddy waters here trying to figure out an opinion on this tough subject.  

He is my quick pic on the issue.   In the heat of the battle you never know how you are going to react and generally would be the reason it is overlooked by any coach and sometimes in life we forget the purpose of sport and the bigger picture around it.  It's a tough lesson that some choose to teach and some don't.  

Everybody wants to win but some want to teach the lessons of the game as well.  Probably at the end of this issue both parties have learned from it and grow from it.  Again I don't have a dog in this fight however, as a guy with a bunch of opinions who should not be speaking in a forum.  ( Like that's stopped me before)  I will speak my opinion.  If fair play is exercised and it's obvious that it was performed all kids should understand what happened and exercise the process to develop the restart even if the ref doesn't control it.  I wasn't there so can't really comment but just looking at the bigger picture and trying to keep the game beautiful.

Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 01:16 pm

The crux of this issue is NOT the validity of this practice. There is no question that it is fair play, good sportsmanship whatever. Just because the gesture is not reciprocated you cannot attack a coaches integrity. No one said everyone has to follow it and you are doing your team a disservice to expect other teams to follow it all the time. The whole story smells of sour grapes. Your team extended the gesture the other team took advantage of it and scored. Now you come on here cry foul and discredit the coach.
It's called situational tactics, those that served in the military will understand this concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 19/10/16, 01:29 pm

Cleansheets wrote:The crux of this issue is NOT the validity of this practice. There is no question that it is fair play, good sportsmanship whatever. Just because the gesture is not reciprocated you cannot attack a coaches integrity. No one said everyone has to follow it and you are doing your team a disservice to expect other teams to follow it all the time. The whole story smells of sour grapes. Your team extended the gesture the other team took advantage of it and scored. Now you come on here cry foul and discredit the coach.
It's called situational tactics, those that served in the military will understand this concept.

So, much like this nation being flushed down the toilet, so is any kind of sportsmanship. Just because this isn't the first time its been done, doesn't make it right.

I'll be sure to tell my dd to never ever kick the ball out due to an injured player, as some classless coach will try to take advantage of it on the throw in.

Disclosure: No dog in this fight. Just my 2 cents.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 19/10/16, 01:40 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:The crux of this issue is NOT the validity of this practice. There is no question that it is fair play, good sportsmanship whatever. Just because the gesture is not reciprocated you cannot attack a coaches integrity. No one said everyone has to follow it and you are doing your team a disservice to expect other teams to follow it all the time. The whole story smells of sour grapes. Your team extended the gesture the other team took advantage of it and scored. Now you come on here cry foul and discredit the coach.

So, much like this nation being flushed down the toilet, so is any kind of sportsmanship.  Just because this isn't the first time its been done, doesn't make it right.  

I'll be sure to tell my dd to never ever kick the ball out due to an injured player, as some classless coach will try to take advantage of it on the throw in.

Disclosure:  No dog in this fight.  Just my 2 cents.

I'd be careful with that advice to your dd.

Sure enough, when someone's daughter goes down bleeding or with a dislocated kneecap, they will be on here complaining that your dd didn't kick it out, went down the field, and scored, while the player screamed out in pain.

And sheet's will be on here telling them they have sour grapes. Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 01:59 pm

Ha! Keepin' it real

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikarius_lee 19/10/16, 02:24 pm

What ? This all happened with one minute left ?
You're complaining because the other team put the ball in play and scored ? Fusion competed for a full 80 minutes and got a point for a draw ? Good for them for staying competitive.
Consider it a lesson learned and move on. Be glad it didn't cost a tournament win or a championship. Ya gotta play the whole game.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 19/10/16, 02:56 pm

SGS wrote:100 percent will kick the ball out. Just so you know I have never seen anyone not pass the ball back in 30 years of playing and watching. Also the team were 2-1 up at the time with a minute left when kicking the ball out, the opposition didn't pass the ball back and tied the game up due to that. So good one mate. "Put the big girl panties on" not really when the girls lend a helping hand and get punched in the face for it. We really are seeing how many people care about the wins over teaching players to be good people.
No, I believe you are hearing that this is not a problem in soccer. Not worth the time being spent debating this one alleged incident

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 19/10/16, 05:25 pm

fliptc wrote:Have the rules changed this year?  I was under the impression that getting a red card ( even a soft red because of two yellows) meant you had to sit out the next game. Am I mistaken on that??  

for the 2-yellows in a game, yes, you are mistaken. (card accumulation rules apply - 3 gets you 1 game)

straight red gets at least a 1-game suspension

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/16, 07:19 pm

NTSSA RULES

b. Red Cards One game automatic suspension for the game following an individual’s first league play red card. Automatic suspension, pending a hearing, from all NTSSA- sanctioned activities following such individual’s second league play red card. Red cards issued solely as a result of a second yellow card in a single game will not be added to such individual’s league play red card total.

3.4 SUSPENSIONS
The NTSSA and its affiliated members shall honor any and all orders of suspension of players, coaches and referees issued by NTSSA or its affiliates. A team which uses individuals under suspension shall automatically forfeit all games in which the individuals have participated. Member Associations which use individuals (Coaches or Referees) under suspension shall be subject to a fine not to exceed Five Hundred Dollars ($500) or to be declared not in good standing with NTSSA.

Back to top Go down

Post by fliptc 20/10/16, 12:13 am

[quote="OLJW"]NTSSA RULES

b. Red Cards One game automatic suspension for the game following an individual’s first league play red card. Automatic suspension, pending a hearing, from all NTSSA- sanctioned activities following such individual’s second league play red card. Red cards issued solely as a result of a second yellow card in a single game will not be added to such individual’s league play red card total.

So the player for fusion should have sat out the last game. Which is actually the game that started this thread???
fliptc
fliptc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks 20/10/16, 06:25 am

Player in question was cleared to play by the League. If she gets another yellow, she will have to sit out the next game.
donovansucks
donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/10/16, 07:35 am

Do you mean NTSSA cleared it? It's a NTSSA rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by fliptc 20/10/16, 07:49 am

Yea, how is that done?? The rules don't apply to certain players but do for others?
fliptc
fliptc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/10/16, 08:32 am

fliptc wrote:Yea, how is that done??  The rules don't apply to certain players but do for others?

hmmmm.

Should probably have soapboxmom look into this as well.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/10/16, 09:33 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
fliptc wrote:Yea, how is that done??  The rules don't apply to certain players but do for others?

hmmmm.

Should probably have soapboxmom look into this as well.
I hear soapboxmom will start taking on cases involving truck driving accidents next.
Principle off in Houston, non attorney spokes person.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next