North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Poor Sportsmanship - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Poor Sportsmanship

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Poor Sportsmanship - Page 3 Empty Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Post by KeeperCommander 20/10/16, 09:33 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
fliptc wrote:Yea, how is that done??  The rules don't apply to certain players but do for others?

hmmmm.

Should probably have soapboxmom look into this as well.
I hear soapboxmom will start taking on cases involving truck driving accidents next.
Principle off in Houston, non attorney spokes person.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 20/10/16, 10:06 am

Is this an accurate summary of events?

Near the end of the game, LP was winning 2-1. A Fusion player went down with an injury and LP being courteous kicked the ball out of bounds in an effort to allow the Fusion player to receive medical attention. Upon restart, the Fusion team proceeded with the throw in and did not automatically kick the ball to the LP keeper or anywhere near the backline which is common place. Sometime after this occurred, Fusion tied the game up at 2. As a result of LP not winning, this post was started to shame the other team / coach. Instead, it has made the LP parent that started this thread look petty, etc. Is the above factually correct? Just want to ensure we all know what happened.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 20/10/16, 11:19 am

Bring back soapbox mom. She's more interesting than this silliness.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/10/16, 11:28 am

FC1 wrote:Is this an accurate summary of events?

Near the end of the game, LP was winning 2-1. A Fusion player went down with an injury and LP being courteous kicked the ball out of bounds in an effort to allow the Fusion player to receive medical attention. Upon restart, the Fusion team proceeded with the throw in and did not automatically kick the ball to the LP keeper or anywhere near the backline which is common place. Sometime after this occurred, Fusion tied the game up at 2. As a result of LP not winning, this post was started to shame the other team / coach. Instead, it has made the LP parent that started this thread look petty, etc. Is the above factually correct? Just want to ensure we all know what happened.
I believe this is precisely the situation.

Except I think Jevin was the one that threw the ball in to their own player, but only because David Arciniega told them to.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 20/10/16, 12:12 pm

Correct but they throw the ball in to their own player, and started attacking, won a free kick off the throw in and scored. Game ended straight after the kick off. So LP players in tears, feel they have been robbed of the win, they expected the ball to be played back, not for the other team to take advantage of the situation. And before you say it, the free kick happened because the Lp player was not expecting the call to come her way but back to GK or defender.

It is staggering to me how anyone defends this, except for newbies to the game who really do not understand its universal culture.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 20/10/16, 12:15 pm

I guess I can see why so many coaches in North Texas care about wins more than integrity. Because the market/customers care more about wins than integrity.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 20/10/16, 01:22 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

I believe this is precisely the situation.

Except I think Jevin was the one that threw the ball in to their own player, but only because David Arciniega told them to.  

This is exactly the problem. David archinega is putting our kids at risk. I have brought this up to ntssa multiple times. If you go to real scam you can find out what really happened at this game. He has infiltrated lh and no one will stand up to him the board members are just his puppets. This same thing happened at gsa, as reported at realscam.com. And yes, there were jevin representatives on the sidelines of this game. Do you think this was a coincidence...I think not and if you go to realscam you can find the truth.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerguru 20/10/16, 01:53 pm

I don't see the LP parent as being petty, just angry and annoyed.  The LP girls will remember this cheap ploy by Fusion and may not give an injured opponent that level of grace next time.  And when that team gets burned by the lack of sportsmanship, they will in turn provide one of their future opponents with the same courtesy.  So despite any rule whether written/unwritten or written in French, it was a cheap trick by Fusion (and don't blame the coach, it may very well have been a player decision).  Once bitten twice shy.
soccerguru
soccerguru
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 20/10/16, 02:03 pm

LP coach sent an email saying we will still kick the ball out for injured players because it is the right thing to do.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 20/10/16, 02:08 pm

helvetii wrote:If your daughters team plays Frisco Fusion in the near future, and your team successfully defends and has possession of the ball inside the 18 box.  if a Fusion player should happen to get injured immediately after you gain possession; Please understand, if your daughter kicks the ball out of bounds as a part of good sportsmanship so the Fusion player can be attended to, the Fusion coach will not play the ball back to your team.  He will aggressively play the throw in.  When your coach asks the Fusion coach to play the ball back to your team as a part of good sportsmanship, he will refuse.  Do not expect him to play by the same good sportsmanship that the rest of LH plays by. FYI.

What's the big issue?

This is youth soccer game that does not matter in the game of life. You are no worse off for the game result and you have a teaching moment to explain how to behave and how not to behave to your DD that she will likely remember for a good while.

If anyone is worse off it is the Fusion coach, for showing his/her true values, or the player(s) depending whose decision it was. That is unless their parents used it as a teachable moment on how NOT to behave regardless what the coach says. If they are 00's they knew what they were doing.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/10/16, 02:54 pm

SGS wrote:Correct but they throw the ball in to their own player, and started attacking, won a free kick off the throw in and scored. Game ended straight after the kick off. So LP players in tears, feel they have been robbed of the win, they expected the ball to be played back, not for the other team to take advantage of the situation. And before you say it, the free kick happened because the Lp player was not expecting the call to come her way but back to GK or defender.

It is staggering to me how anyone defends this, except for newbies to the game who really do not understand its universal culture.
What's staggering is not that you are a pompous soccer know-it-all blowhard with that "newbie" comment but that you are still on here crying about what happened. You don't help your case with comments like, " they felt robbed of the win" and "they expected the ball to be played back". Are you kidding? What is this, entitlement soccer? How about teach the girls to be on their toes and to not let their guard down. Be prepared for anything. Chalk it up as lesson learned for when you see them again. But don't come on here and cry sour grapes because theu caught you with your pants down. Now I'm clearly not as astute as you are in the game Rolling Eyes but I can guarantee this won't be the last time this happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 20/10/16, 02:56 pm

David archinega and lake highlands will deny any of this has happened. They are putting the game and our kids at risk. I have requested a response to this incident and of course have not received anything. Our kids deserve a fair game with good sportsmanship. I will be looking into the coach and team that committed this act but they probably just work for jevin. The only way to get to the bottom of this is to file a lawsuit for financial damages. I will keep you all posted.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/10/16, 03:05 pm

Who let the fake soapboxmom out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 20/10/16, 03:05 pm

Soapbox_mom wrote:David archinega and lake highlands will deny any of this has happened. They are putting the game and our kids at risk. I have requested a response to this incident and of course have not received anything. Our kids deserve a fair game with good sportsmanship. I will be looking into the coach and team that committed this act but they probably just work for jevin. The only way to get to the bottom of this is to file a lawsuit for financial damages. I will keep you all posted.

Think $100,000 would be a fair and just amount for this misdeed?

Something along the line of $50k from Fusion and $50k from the coach with the opportunity to negotiate the amount down if paid in cash?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 20/10/16, 03:10 pm

That would be enough to make them think before they pull a stunt like this again. This is about the kids not some self-absorbed coach. I will of course donate most of it to my church.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 20/10/16, 03:12 pm

The irony in all this is, you have repeatedly mentioned people care about wins instead of the right thing to do, etc. Yet... you state "they were robbed of the win".
Who cares about wins? You do!!!!!!! Otherwise this post would not have been started.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 20/10/16, 03:20 pm

Errrrm the players, which is where I mentioned the comment. Done with FC1 and Cleats. Just hope that you two don't act like this in the real world and would actually acknowledge and appreciate integrity, as well as Call out wrong doings.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 20/10/16, 03:31 pm

SGS wrote:Errrrm the players, which is where I mentioned the comment. Done with FC1 and Cleats. Just hope that you two don't act like this in the real world and would actually acknowledge and appreciate integrity, as well as Call out wrong doings.

You are absolutely correct. Cleats and fc1 are just stooges for archinega. They come on here just to cloud the issue. This is for the kids not for them. For all we know, they are parents on the fusion team. I'm doing an in depth investigation of this game and have posted the interview on realscam. I believe sheets just might be the coach in question. I will keep you posted.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/10/16, 03:43 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Who let the fake soapboxmom out?
Bizarro Soapboxmom

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/10/16, 03:53 pm

Ah yes, her arch nemesis.

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 20/10/16, 04:03 pm

Moral of this story:     Play to the whistle Shocked
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 20/10/16, 04:05 pm

Coincidence????  3 keeper peeps responding
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 20/10/16, 04:16 pm

Which proves my theory even more. Most keepers parents are little shady to begin with, which means there is a high likely hood of them being corrupted by archinega. This thing might be bigger than I thought. I'll keep you posted.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 20/10/16, 04:26 pm

Soapbox_mom wrote:Which proves my theory even more. Most keepers parents are little shady to begin with, which means there is a high likely hood of them being corrupted by archinega. This thing might be bigger than I thought. I'll keep you posted.

Its the other way around....who do you think taught Archinega every thing he knows???? Smile
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 20/10/16, 08:42 pm

Why is anything being blamed on the Fusion coach? Did he huddle the girls up during the time the injured player was receiving medical attention? Do you really think he instructed his players to "take advantage of the situation?" These are 00's, not 09's... Admittedly, I was not at this particular game, nor any 00 game for that matter, but I highly doubt he told his players, hey do this, or do that. Did you call the coach out because you don't want to think the girls made the decision or did you not want to call out 15-16 year old girls?

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/10/16, 06:54 am

FC1 wrote:Why is anything being blamed on the Fusion coach? Did he huddle the girls up during the time the injured player was receiving medical attention? Do you really think he instructed his players to "take advantage of the situation?" These are 00's, not 09's... Admittedly, I was not at this particular game, nor any 00 game for that matter, but I highly doubt he told his players, hey do this, or do that. Did you call the coach out because you don't want to think the girls made the decision or did you not want to call out 15-16 year old girls?        

DUH. Precisely because they are the coach and are supposed to be the adult in the room, be in control and set the tone for the team.

Players on my DD's teams would have never dreamed of doing what is claimed in this situation because the coach would have absolutely not tolerated it and everyone on both sidelines would have known their position as soon as one of the girls did it.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next