North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Time for Answers Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time for Answers Empty Time for Answers

Post by ForReal 24/04/18, 11:13 pm

Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

1.  Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

2.  What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Don’t hold back. Lots of DDs need to make decisions. The more info the better.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Time for Answers Empty Re: Time for Answers

Post by timmyh 25/04/18, 12:32 am

ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

1.  Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

2.  What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Don’t hold back. Lots of DDs need to make decisions. The more info the better.

All good questions. #5 is a Yes. Which leads me to believe #7 is a No, but the latter is just my own speculation.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 25/04/18, 08:05 am

I'd like to see Medicine Man comment on this...
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad 25/04/18, 08:05 am

Great questions..finally a helpful topic for many!
Which clubs have officially announced try-outs? Dates and age groups? Haven't see anything..

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 25/04/18, 08:08 am

FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now. Solar starts 06/05 this week.

Both internal only at this point.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 25/04/18, 08:31 am

ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

What I know or have been told at this point by the powers that be ...

Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

Both plan on having ECNL for U14 and up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up happening.  Been told that FCD is phasing out ECNL at for the 06s and younger starting next year.

What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

I hear they are doing both next year (but doubt that'll be the case thereafter).

Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

As timmy mentioned, yes, DPL is happening.  U13-U18/19 at FCD.  Been told that this is the case at every Frontier club starting next year as it is in Southwest.

If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

At FCD, the second team for the U13s will definitely be the DPL side, and this is the plan for all groups coming in thereafter as they phase out.  Which team is 2nd/3rd at U14+ is still in question and may vary by age for next year.

Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

FCD is not participating in TCL next year.

Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmic Niner 25/04/18, 08:53 am

soccertard wrote:I'd like to see Medicine Man comment on this...

...siht no tnemmoc naM enicideM ees ot ekil d'I

Cosmic Niner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 25/04/18, 10:11 am

Big Ern wrote:

Both plan on having ECNL for U14 and up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up happening.  Been told that FCD is phasing out ECNL at for the 06s and younger starting next year.

I hear they are doing both next year (but doubt that'll be the case thereafter).

Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

As timmy mentioned, yes, DPL is happening.  U13-U18/19 at FCD.  Been told that this is the case at every Frontier club starting next year as it is in Southwest.

If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

At FCD, the second team for the U13s will definitely be the DPL side, and this is the plan for all groups coming in thereafter as they phase out.  Which team is 2nd/3rd at U14+ is still in question and may vary by age for next year.

Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.

What about players that are rostered?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 25/04/18, 10:16 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

July 1 for GDA rostered kids ... but as we all know, some of those kids are already talking to other coaches/clubs.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 25/04/18, 10:30 am

Big Ern wrote:
AngelinaGoalee[i][/i] wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

July 1 for GDA rostered kids ... but as we all know, some of those kids are already talking to other coaches/clubs.

Of course....
I’ve been hearing more whispers lately and some of the moves would be shockers for me. But I rather see them come to pass rather than fuel the rumors.

Even a Big E rumor that sort of shocks me Wink

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 10:31 am

jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs early, BEFORE U13.

Last edited by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/04/18, 10:42 am

PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/04/18, 10:44 am

PowerKick wrote:

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.

PK you amaze me. Nice grammar too!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 25/04/18, 11:06 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.  

It's "who", not "that".  - courtesy of Grammar Police Internal Affairs Dept

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/04/18, 11:22 am

upper95 wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

It's "who", not "that".  - courtesy of Grammar Police Internal Affairs Dept

busted... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 11:46 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 11:49 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs early, BEFORE U13.

I meant before U13 to take advantage of internal tryout. Good try but you are a meanie.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 11:55 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs earlier, BEFORE U13.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/04/18, 11:58 am

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as early as possible, BEFORE U13.

I meant before U13 to take advantage of internal tryout. Good intent but you are a meanie.

All in good fun PK!!

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that). Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that. I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good. I've been wrong before though. What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion? If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 01:20 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/04/18, 01:21 pm

PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

I was not trying to show off.  My point is that it should not matter.  If your DD is not there yet, and not up to DA level, but that is the eventual goal, do not rush over to a DA club just to be there.  Once she gets to the appropriate level, the DA clubs will notice her.  

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Go find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.

Last edited by TatonkaBurger on 25/04/18, 01:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I type with 2 hooves)
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/04/18, 01:24 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)

Those DA clubs and their coaches will play against your DD.  If she is good and stands out, they will notice her.  Those coaches are watching the opponent too.

drunken
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 01:25 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

I was not trying to show off.  My point is that it should not matter.  If your DD is not there yet, and not up to DA level, but that is the eventual goal, do not rush over to a DA club just to be there.  Once she gets to the appropriate level, the DA clubs will notice her.  

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Do to find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.

Now I do agree with you, good advice TB.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 25/04/18, 01:28 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Do to find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.

as the youngsters say..."real spill"

thats very good advice....any parent would regret having their kid spectate from the bench with limited to no playing time at a hefty travel cost....just to tell others "my daughter is in the DA."

And dont think an extra training session is better than 2 solid trainings and a thorough private training and an independent workout.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/04/18, 01:44 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

Bodhisattva digs this message. It has been proven over the years that coaches stick with "their" players because they know what they're getting, the girls know their sessions and their expectations and most of all, the coaches know that the player and the parents will not bring drama. The earlier the better. Call it politics or familiarity. Whatever it is, there is something to it.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next