North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Time for Answers - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time for Answers - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Answers

Post by Bodhisattva 25/04/18, 01:44 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)

Bodhisattva digs this message. It has been proven over the years that coaches stick with "their" players because they know what they're getting, the girls know their sessions and their expectations and most of all, the coaches know that the player and the parents will not bring drama. The earlier the better. Call it politics or familiarity. Whatever it is, there is something to it.

Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/04/18, 02:05 pm

PowerKick wrote:

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)

I know some Feet 05s and Sting 06s that are pretty good, better than a lot of kids at the 3 DA clubs. So maybe you shouldn't be so quick to look down your nose at non-DA talent(before DA really even begins  scratch ).  You're sounding like BigEgo now.  Most talent at Big 3, sure, but there is plenty 'outside talent' that can take a spot if they want it.

TB spot on:  If kid performs in games, the opposing coach notices.  If kid doesnt...well...more FCF!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 02:28 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
TB spot on:  If kid performs in games, the opposing coach notices.  If kid doesnt...well...more FCF!!

Who are the "opposing coach"? The DA coaches are watching the players in the DA leagues.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 25/04/18, 02:30 pm

It takes 2 years for DA coaches to play you, first year to know you in their system, second year to trust you and your family.

Certainly this will not apply to your kids who are "GOOD".

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 25/04/18, 02:49 pm

ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

1.  Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

2.  What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Don’t hold back. Lots of DDs need to make decisions. The more info the better.

Everyone wants to act in the best interest of their DD and information is power.

You are wanting to get.

What do you have and are willing to give in return?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 25/04/18, 04:14 pm

Lefty wrote:
ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Everyone wants to act in the best interest of their DD and information is power.

You are wanting to get.

What do you have and are willing to give in return?

Pretty sad position for you to take. I simply thought that, as the consumers, we might want to help each other out. But I'll give some information out - stay away from Lefty's team.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 25/04/18, 04:22 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

I know some Feet 05s and Sting 06s that are pretty good, better than a lot of kids at the 3 DA clubs. So maybe you shouldn't be so quick to look down your nose at non-DA talent(before DA really even begins  scratch ).  You're sounding like BigEgo now.  Most talent at Big 3, sure, but there is plenty 'outside talent' that can take a spot if they want it.

Couldn't be any further off base here spinner ... Getting a lil' tired isn't it Sir?  

I've literally identified those two teams you've referenced as special in the past and noted that there are plenty of ECNL teams that are stronger than some in GDA.  As I've mentioned many times now, when it comes to the roster quality argument (especially in the younger groups), it isn't ECNL vs GDA, it's the best of this club vs the best of that club.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 25/04/18, 04:32 pm

Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

Couldn't be any further off base here spinner ... Getting a lil' tired isn't it Sir?  

I've literally identified those two teams you've referenced as special in the past and noted that there are plenty of ECNL teams that are stronger than some in GDA.  As I've mentioned many times now, when it comes to the roster quality argument (especially in the younger groups), it isn't ECNL vs GDA, it's the best of this club vs the best of that club.

This is exactly why I started this thread.  I think everyone wants to know, for instance, if their daughter accepts a spot on a club's second team, are they going to be playing the second teams from other clubs or the first, third or potentially, fourth?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 25/04/18, 04:39 pm

I heard today from a pretty knowledgeable person that both Dash and Lonestar will be putting their 2nd teams in all age groups (U13+) into the DPL (first team obviously GDA).

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 25/04/18, 04:51 pm

If they participate in DPL... They don't have ECNL, so of course those would be the second teams.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 25/04/18, 05:25 pm

AtThePitch wrote:If they participate in DPL... They don't have ECNL, so of course those would be the second teams.  

True. They will be in DPL (not if). I assume TCL will fold, and if so then Dash and Loneatar 3rd teams will instead play in the USC South Texas Champions League, which currently consists of the big clubs 3rd teams or top teams from smaller clubs playing a more localized schedule. So for Dash and Lonestar the top two teams will play a Frontier Conference schedule, 3rd or 4th teams (if they qualify) will play a conference between the top Hou/Aus/SA teams not in ECNL or DA or DPL.
Not entirely applicable to NTX, but I would think some inferences can be made.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 25/04/18, 05:29 pm

Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

I keep chummin...you keep comin...  too easy!!

Time for Answers - Page 2 4aa9a511

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 25/04/18, 09:44 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

If you can get your kid over to fcd early enough, it will all take care of itself.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 25/04/18, 11:17 pm

Or your daughter is so good it doesn’t matter what club she plays for, they have a spot for you whenever you are ready to make the move.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 26/04/18, 07:44 am

Possible help with 2 and 3: Rumor at Starbucks this morning says: Many of the DTS 06s will be playing 06 DA w Q and Hassan.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/04/18, 07:55 am

I would be suprised if Hassan took on another girls team.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 26/04/18, 08:06 am

Cleansheets wrote:I would be suprised if Hassan took on another girls team.

My guess is a lot more Q than H.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/04/18, 08:10 am

Yes, that would be a safe bet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/04/18, 09:16 am

No one knows but the Almighty above. He knows our future.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 26/04/18, 09:19 am

You talking about Jesus over at the Texans?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crumble 26/04/18, 10:18 am

timmyh wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:If they participate in DPL... They don't have ECNL, so of course those would be the second teams.  

True. They will be in DPL (not if).  I assume TCL will fold, and if so then Dash and Loneatar 3rd teams will instead play in the USC South Texas Champions League, which currently consists of the big clubs 3rd teams or top teams from smaller clubs playing a more localized schedule. So for Dash and Lonestar the top two teams will play a Frontier Conference schedule, 3rd or 4th teams (if they qualify) will play a conference between the top Hou/Aus/SA teams not in ECNL or DA or DPL.

Timmy, do you assume or do you know for sure? My dd played in TCL last year, and it was a good fit for her. She would like to do it again this coming season as she has learned so much from her coach. Sting is hosting internal ECNL/TCL/JDL beginning May 1. Why would they do this if the league is going to fold? Or is this a case of getting all the players to commit, getting their money at contract time, and finding out after we've paid that there is no league to play in? Or is there an alternative league for them here in NTX comparable to the USC South Texas Champions League? Thanks for any light you or anyone is able to shed, with tryouts coming soon, need to know if we should be looking elsewhere.

Crumble
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 26/04/18, 12:56 pm

Crumble wrote:
timmyh wrote:

True. They will be in DPL (not if).  I assume TCL will fold, and if so then Dash and Loneatar 3rd teams will instead play in the USC South Texas Champions League, which currently consists of the big clubs 3rd teams or top teams from smaller clubs playing a more localized schedule. So for Dash and Lonestar the top two teams will play a Frontier Conference schedule, 3rd or 4th teams (if they qualify) will play a conference between the top Hou/Aus/SA teams not in ECNL or DA or DPL.

Timmy, do you assume or do you know for sure? My dd played in TCL last year, and it was a good fit for her.  She would like to do it again this coming season as she has learned so much from her coach. Sting is hosting internal ECNL/TCL/JDL beginning May 1. Why would they do this if the league is going to fold? Or is this a case of getting all the players to commit, getting their money at contract time, and finding out after we've paid that there is no league to play in? Or is there an alternative league for them here in NTX comparable to the USC South Texas Champions League?  Thanks for any light you or anyone is able to shed, with tryouts coming soon, need to know if we should be looking elsewhere.

Total speculation on my part regarding TCL. But I hear there are some circles of thought (and I tend to agree) that two teams playing a regional/national schedule is enough and 3rd/4th teams can find enough relatively local competition without the need to travel overnight for league games (and supplement with some out of townn tournaments).
If the DA clubs put their current 2nd teams in DPL (maybe 3rd teams for the dual DA/ECNL clubs), TCL doesn't serve a real valuable purpose any more for those clubs. My hunch, and again this is total speculation, is that if DPL proceeds for the DA clubs, then the ECNL clubs will expand the Composite teams into further age groups, basically creating a mirror of DPL.

Combined U14/15, U16/17, and U18/19 Composite teams that travel with the ECNL teams to league games to play their composite counterparts seems a smart counter to the DPL. That might be a better solution for your daughter on a 2nd team at Feet (or Sting).

All pure speculation on my part (except the bit about DPL, which is happening).

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AggieSoccer51 26/04/18, 01:31 pm

timmyh wrote:
Crumble wrote:
timmyh wrote:

Timmy, do you assume or do you know for sure? My dd played in TCL last year, and it was a good fit for her.  She would like to do it again this coming season as she has learned so much from her coach. Sting is hosting internal ECNL/TCL/JDL beginning May 1. Why would they do this if the league is going to fold? Or is this a case of getting all the players to commit, getting their money at contract time, and finding out after we've paid that there is no league to play in? Or is there an alternative league for them here in NTX comparable to the USC South Texas Champions League?  Thanks for any light you or anyone is able to shed, with tryouts coming soon, need to know if we should be looking elsewhere.

Total speculation on my part regarding TCL. But I hear there are some circles of thought (and I tend to agree) that two teams playing a regional/national schedule is enough and 3rd/4th teams can find enough relatively local competition without the need to travel overnight  for league games (and supplement with some out of townn tournaments).
If the DA clubs put their current 2nd teams in DPL (maybe 3rd teams for the dual DA/ECNL clubs), TCL doesn't serve a real valuable purpose any more for those clubs. My hunch, and again this is total speculation, is that if DPL proceeds for the DA clubs, then the ECNL clubs will expand the Composite teams into further age groups, basically creating a mirror of DPL.

Combined U14/15, U16/17, and U18/19 Composite teams that travel with the ECNL teams to league games to play their composite counterparts seems a smart counter to the DPL. That might be a better solution for your daughter on a 2nd team at Feet (or Sting).

All pure speculation on my part (except the bit about DPL, which is happening).

I'm hearing the same things here down south about ECNL 2nd teams having their own DPL/ECNL2 format.

AggieSoccer51
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/04/18, 04:15 pm

Theres no more handshake agreements anymore is there.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 27/04/18, 07:58 am

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmic Niner 27/04/18, 08:04 am

.ereht si eromyna stnemeerga ekahsdnah erom on serehT

Cosmic Niner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content