North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Time for Answers - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time for Answers - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for Answers

Post by KeeperCommander 29/04/18, 09:38 am

05girls wrote:Once and for all big e’s accuracy will be put to the test.  

I do know this, this wouldn’t be the first time Baker sold a bill of goods only to pull a switch aroo after signing day.
And when was the first time...

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/04/18, 10:55 am

If it didn’t effect you, no need to worry my man!

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryRoth 29/04/18, 10:59 am

In the hierarchy, where does that FCD sit?

HenryRoth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/04/18, 12:21 pm

Gotcha 05 you only meant to come on here and remind those that already knew not really expand the knowledge of those that didn’t. Mental note made. Please continue reminiscing with all your old pals.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/04/18, 12:49 pm

10-4 good buddy.

It’s just one man adding an opinion/experience just like we all do on here all the time. The soccer savant says no TCL for FCD. Bakers team says there is. If you like the coach, find out for yourself who is right.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/04/18, 01:00 pm

We are all descendants of Cain that killed his brother Abel.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 01:11 pm

It will all be clear very soon. Let the season end.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 01:13 pm

Medicine Man wrote:We are all descendants of Cain that killed his brother Abel.

What happened to your repeated post about how the bigs were going to steal your money and sit your DD on the bench?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 29/04/18, 01:29 pm

Zizou wrote:

What happened to your repeated post about how the bigs were going to steal your money and sit your DD on the bench?

Not surprised those posts would hold a special place in your heart Ziz.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/04/18, 02:08 pm

The Truth will set you free Zizou theres room even for you.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 02:51 pm

FroZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Not surprised those posts would hold a special place in your heart Ziz.

Yes, I do feel sorry for you.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 29/04/18, 03:16 pm

Big Ern wrote:
soccerjack wrote:Excellent....The bigs will be happy to know that the latest bait drop (DA2 previously known as TCL and JDL) is bringing the sheep in the pin.

Good Luck Warchild.

Bait drop, huh ... as if FCD needs any help getting kids  Laughing

You're correct Bige, they've done a great job of fielding substandard PPL teams with Rec coaches for years, while usually only fielding one strong team per age group. So they are either completely inept at developing kids from a large pool into more than one good team or they are just taking in the money from naïve parents and not even trying to create better teams.. through good coaching and management. I happen to believe the latter is true. So with this history. I'm sure they will excel with a new league. What do you think bige?

You see boys -- jackie is a good ole' boy.  Good ole' boys are very commonly of the mindset of "if ain't broke, don't fix it" ... afraid and resistant to change, aren't they?

Actually... I think well thought out change with a direction and goal of improvement is great.
Do you think JDL and Age Pure were well thought out?  What do you believe the thought process behind them were?  Were the results achieved?  Do you think creating new leagues etc... every year is good for a kids sport or does it maybe distract from it.  Was ECNL broken?  Not serving it's purpose?

The DPL is not a "system" at all ... just a league where it's participants will be able to train and travel with the full GDA sides, making for a much more efficient environment, both on training and logistical ends, for those clubs

Correct, the time is right to start a second league, when the first league started last year, is not exactly a well oiled machine.  Do you think the thought to do DPL is for the greater good of soccer or maybe just ego and money?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/04/18, 03:41 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
soccerjack wrote:Excellent....The bigs will be happy to know that the latest bait drop (DA2 previously known as TCL and JDL) is bringing the sheep in the pin.

Good Luck Warchild.

You're correct Bige, they've done a great job of fielding substandard PPL teams with Rec coaches for years, while usually only fielding one strong team per age group.  So they are either completely inept at developing kids from a large pool into more than one good team or they are just taking in the money from naïve parents and not even trying to create better teams.. through good coaching and management.  I happen to believe the latter is true.  So with this history. I'm sure they will excel with a new league.  What do you think bige?

You see boys -- jackie is a good ole' boy.  Good ole' boys are very commonly of the mindset of "if ain't broke, don't fix it" ... afraid and resistant to change, aren't they?

Actually... I think well thought out change with a direction and goal of improvement is great.
Do you think JDL and Age Pure were well thought out?  What do you believe the thought process behind them were?  Were the results achieved?  Do you think creating new leagues etc... every year is good for a kids sport or does it maybe distract from it.  Was ECNL broken?  Not serving it's purpose?

The DPL is not a "system" at all ... just a league where it's participants will be able to train and travel with the full GDA sides, making for a much more efficient environment, both on training and logistical ends, for those clubs

Correct, the time is right to start a second league, when the first league started last year, is not exactly a well oiled machine.  Do you think the thought to do DPL is for the greater good of soccer or maybe just ego and money?

Is it possible that some of the powers-that-be are already re-thinking this as well?  Evil or Very Mad

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/04/18, 03:48 pm

More brethren to spread the word is more money in the offering plate for His works.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 04:40 pm

Yes, those that are losing money or not filling their bank accounts as full with a reduction of fees to the top players in their club.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 04:46 pm

I love we bitch about a pay to play model and when a group ask clubs to support their players with at this point is a reduction of fees to play. I’m with Meth Man in this one. Show me where I can make the most money. That’s where I want to be. It’s a business these clubs have no interest in giving anything back to the players that support them.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/04/18, 05:29 pm

Zizou wrote:I love we bitch about a pay to play model and when a group ask clubs to support their players with at this point is a reduction of fees to play. I’m with Meth Man in this one. Show me where I can make the most money. That’s where I want to be. It’s a business these clubs have no interest in giving anything back to the players that support them.
I am sorry. Given this statement it is actually quite difficult to determine which side you are arguing for. Clarify, then please allow those children to argue amongst themselves. Thank you.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 05:33 pm

Trust me the reduced fees this year have been a relief to my pocketbook.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/04/18, 07:32 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:I love we bitch about a pay to play model and when a group ask clubs to support their players with at this point is a reduction of fees to play. I’m with Meth Man in this one. Show me where I can make the most money. That’s where I want to be. It’s a business these clubs have no interest in giving anything back to the players that support them.
I am sorry. Given this statement it is actually quite difficult to determine which side you are arguing for. Clarify, then please allow those children to argue amongst themselves. Thank you.

Ziz don't know. He's Just happy to be away from the tat man.

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 29/04/18, 07:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/04/18, 07:33 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Ziz don't know. He's like meth man only a lot fewer brain cells.
Is that even possible

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/04/18, 07:40 pm

I didnt see you in service KC time is short. Next Sundays sermon is just for you.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/04/18, 08:11 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Ziz don't know. He's like meth man only a lot fewer brain cells.
Is that even possible

Considering the source “fuxy” that’s funny.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 29/04/18, 09:31 pm

Zizou wrote:It will all be clear very soon. Let the season end.

What season, Zizou? DA goes to early June. ECNL until May 20. Tryouts will largely be over by then and decisions forced on unwitting customers.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/04/18, 10:16 pm

ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:It will all be clear very soon. Let the season end.

What season, Zizou?  DA goes to early June. ECNL until May 20. Tryouts will largely be over by then and decisions forced on unwitting customers.

Ziz don't know and ziz don't care. He's saving cash money and the tat man doesn't pick on him no more.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/04/18, 10:24 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Good Luck Warchild.

You're correct Bige, they've done a great job of fielding substandard PPL teams with Rec coaches for years, while usually only fielding one strong team per age group.  So they are either completely inept at developing kids from a large pool into more than one good team or they are just taking in the money from naïve parents and not even trying to create better teams.. through good coaching and management.  I happen to believe the latter is true.  So with this history. I'm sure they will excel with a new league.  What do you think bige?

Fantastic questions Sir --

I agree that, outside of what LW had with the 04s last year, FCD hasn't fielded a particularly strong 'second' team in any age group ... and???  Who has?  And what does it matter if you still have the stronger teams in most age groups (both boys and girls now) in the region (and the nation for that matter)?  And of course they take money from naive parents of the ittie bits ... I've always called the FCD Youth Academy "the club for parents that don't know any better" ... again -- who wouldn't?  As I've mentioned and would think would be common sense ... having a platform like FDL provides to clubs with GDA will simplify things via efficiency.  And they'll be competing against clubs in the exact same situation so I'd think that there will be a somewhat even playing field -- Should be good stuff.

While I don't think they are at all (literally or figuratively) related to either GDA or the new USYS FDL, I'd say that JDL for one certainly had a "goal of improvement".  I don't know enough about how the "age pure" initiative was conceived and I think that any smart person would agree that it's too soon to tell if "results (whatever they may be looking for) were achieved".

No ... as I've mentioned many times -- ECNL was not broken and certainly still serves a purpose.  

Regarding the creation of "new leagues" ... I feel that there is a general mindset (overly frivolous in my opinion) amongst many that think that because we happen to be in a period of power struggle which has produced much change recently, that this will continue.  I believe that things are already starting to settle as early as next year, especially with the implementation of the new USYS National League structure.  And I don't think that this new stricture has anything at all to do with ego or and very little to do with money.  I'd also say that rolling out anything, business or otherwise, is rarely a "well oiled machine" in it's first year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 30/04/18, 12:37 am

Agree all the way. I say never do a league in its first year. Scary. Let FCD be the guinea pig we can learn from

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next