North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? Empty Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by SoccerisGreat 23/05/18, 02:38 pm

Discussion for those in the know. Will these be official games/ with actual gamecards and recorded results or will the games really be considered friendlies like ECNL Composite and TCL games have been in the past?

The ECNL brand will attract people to ECNL 2 - but curious if it will help player exposure more than ECNL Composite and TCL has done.

SoccerisGreat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? Empty Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Guest 23/05/18, 03:19 pm

First, there needs to be some clarification between "ECNL Composite" and "Composite".

The past 2 years, there has really only been 1 age group that is truly "ECNL Composite", and that is the U18/U19 age group.  In that age group, the Composite teams play the same ECNL league schedule as the main ECNL teams, travel along with the main ECNL teams, and play on the same days, at the same locations as the main ECNL teams.  The matches are essentially friendlies as there have been no playoffs for those Composite teams.  However, those teams do get some college exposure benefit from playing alongside the main ECNL teams.

Some of the ECNL clubs have used the term "Composite" to refer to "#2" teams in the other age groups as well.  However, those teams have generally been placed in TCL.  When TCL was first being proposed 2 years ago, at least some of the clubs were selling it as if it was going to be the same as the U18/U19 Composite, and the schedules would be coordinated with the main ECNL team schedules.  That did not turn out to be the case.  TCL played a completely different schedule to ECNL.  It's rare that a college coach ever shows up at a TCL match.  Also, TCL has included teams from clubs outside of the ECNL Texas Conference clubs.  TCL was also a US Club NPL league and the "winners" of TCL were supposed to be able to proceed through US Club's NPL playoff system, although I'm not sure it that ever really happened.  It might have, I've just never heard or read about a TCL team that went to NPL playoffs.

FDL and ECNL2 are essentially taking TCL, and splitting it along DA/ECNL club lines, and both are essentially a re-branding of TCL.  Both leagues are claiming that they will now coordinate the schedules for these leagues with the main DA/ECNL team schedules.  It may be so, but I'm taking a believe-it-when-I-see-it stance on this.  Also, both FDL and ECNL2 are stating that they will provide a playoff system that will allow teams to advance to a National Tournament.

Expect competition level for either FDL or ECNL2 to be similar level to what LHGCL D1 was back before you had TCL or DA, when LH D1 was essentially the #2 teams from the ECNL clubs, plus the next best 4-5 NTX teams in the age group.  If the leagues truly do coordinate FDL/ECNL2 schedules with the main DA/ECNL schedules, then you may see some recruiting benefit.  If not, don't expect college coaches to show up at FDL or ECNL2 matches on any kind of regular basis.  You'll just be paying ~$2k per year to travel to play similar competition to what you could get locally, if the clubs could figure out how to get along and play nice with their #2/#3 squads.

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 23/05/18, 03:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/18, 03:27 pm

DTX knows his stuff ^ ...

Bluto's right.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 23/05/18, 03:41 pm

Bige approved
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Reeks 23/05/18, 05:14 pm

ECNL 2 is the new PPL
Soccer Reeks
Soccer Reeks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 23/05/18, 06:22 pm

TCL stank. Anything has to be better.

As stated before I will wait and see if any club coordinates their ECNL and ECNL2 teams, practices, games, etc.

ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/18, 07:52 pm

TCL was/is a complete failure. There are a handful of teams that would struggle with a LH D3 schedule, yet they are free of the threat of relegation. One of these so-called #2 teams just played in a tourney where they gave up 13 goals in 3 games to two LH D3 teams and a D2 LH team. It’s a busted system and should be eliminated with those players released back into the pool. You can change the name and hope to regain some clout, but it is what it is...a failed experiment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/18, 08:42 pm

SoccerisGreat wrote:Discussion for those in the know. Will these be official games/ with actual gamecards and recorded results or will the games really be considered friendlies like ECNL Composite and TCL games have been in the past?

The ECNL brand will attract people to ECNL 2 - but curious if it will help player exposure more than ECNL Composite and TCL has done.

While it may be true that this new league created by Challenge will, for all intents and purposes, be replacing TCL next year, I for one am questioning the 'ECNL2' tag that many on here are giving it.  I haven't seen anywhere that this league will be called ECNL2 nor that it has any direct affiliation with the ECNL.  

I'd think that the new ECNL 6 month program where the kids can still play HS soccer that has been offered to ECNL exclusive clubs might be more in line with that tag, wouldn't it?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 23/05/18, 08:51 pm

ECNL2 would denote some kind of connection with ECNL1 . and we all know that didn't happen in TCL, other than bringing in players to win games. And based on club history, it won't happen in the new league, at least not in N. Texas.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/18, 09:14 pm

I was referring to it as "ECNL2" for now, simply for lack of a better name because the Challenge announcement didn't list a name yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/18, 09:17 pm

There are TCL teams In the forum now calling themselves ECNL2. “Composite” just took sooo long to try to explain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/18, 09:25 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:I was referring to it as "ECNL2" for now, simply for lack of a better name because the Challenge announcement didn't list a name yet.

Understood.  

Just wondering why there hasn't been any talk about the actual 2nd option for ECNL starting next year and if some are confusing it with this new league.  

Has anyone at any of the ECNL exclusive clubs heard that they'll be offering both the 10 month (no HS soccer) and 6 month options?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 23/05/18, 09:38 pm

Big Ern wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:I was referring to it as "ECNL2" for now, simply for lack of a better name because the Challenge announcement didn't list a name yet.

Understood.  

Just wondering why there hasn't been any talk about the actual 2nd option for ECNL starting next year and if some are confusing it with this new league.  

Has anyone at any of the ECNL exclusive clubs heard that they'll be offering both the 10 month (no HS soccer) and 6 month options?

Only for those 2-3 clubs that bargained with ECNL to drop their GDA programs. Not nationwide by any means this year - that I’ve heard so far.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/05/18, 09:40 pm

ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Understood.  

Only for those 2-3 clubs that bargained with ECNL to drop their GDA programs. Not nationwide by any means this year - that I’ve heard so far.

Interesting.

Gotcha -- Thanks Sir!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/18, 09:57 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Understood.  

Have not heard any mention of it for the TX Conference, and don't know why the TX Conference clubs would push for something like that, as the TX Conference seems to have the scheduling worked out pretty well around the Winter HS season.  The ability for the kids to do both ECNL and HS seems to be a pretty big draw for keeping kids in ECNL right now, so I don't know why the TX Conference clubs would rock the boat.

I get the feeling that the Northern clubs, who need to break both due to weather, and due to playing either Fall or Spring HS season, may be the ones pushing for this in their conferences, as it is probably more difficult for them to get a full slate of ECNL games scheduled around HS, when they are losing ability to play from Dec-Feb (if not longer).

Last edited by DeltaTauChi on 23/05/18, 09:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/05/18, 06:06 am

ForReal wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Understood.  

Doesn’t feel like ECNL is making deals or concessions to pull clubs in? This could be seen as a slippery slope and begin to backfire when others will begin to threaten them for deals or concessions or they will leave. Give these clubs an inch and they will begin to takes miles from you. Anyone have thoughts?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 07:16 am

Zizou wrote:

Doesn’t feel like ECNL is making deals or concessions to pull clubs in? This could be seen as a slippery slope and begin to backfire when others will begin to threaten them for deals or concessions or they will leave. Give these clubs an inch and they will begin to takes miles from you. Anyone have thoughts?

The statements that I've read from the various clubs seem very cleverly worded to me.  I could be wrong, but I don't think you are going to see 2 Michigan Hawks teams or 2 Concorde Fire teams in the official ECNL standings coming this fall.  It looks to me like all of these "deals" that are being talked about, are just different variations on a "B" team theme.  US Club agrees to sponsor the league and the clubs associate these teams with their ECNL "program", but these teams are not actually ECNL.

From what I've seen, the 10-month, no HS, program is a Michigan Hawks club directive (and maybe other clubs are doing it as well, I've only read the Michigan Hawks statements), not an ECNL directive.  It's the various clubs doing what they think they need to do to satisfy their families and compete, with US Club offering to support various sub-ECNL league offerings. Call it Composite, call it ECNL2, call it TCL, call it FDL, call it DA2, etc... all just variations on the same theme.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's what I'm reading between the lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 24/05/18, 07:30 am

Does anyone know if ecnl will be free like da?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 24/05/18, 09:22 am

I believe a lot of the clubs deciding one league over the other is purely based on money. One does not require reduced rates to players.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 24/05/18, 09:33 am

It's all clear now Zizou.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerisGreat 24/05/18, 10:23 am

All and especially DTX - thank you for these responses.

I am seeing some club teams are pushing an ECNL 2 to players and parents and they are getting the kids to commit to these teams on the brand of ECNL. My guess was and is further substantiated by comments here that they are more like the composite teams or TCL...which is not successful. Going by numbers - these kids are lagging behind LHGCL teams in getting scholarship offers. With new recruiting rules in effect, offers no cannot officially be made until Sept 1 of junior year...so coaches are now telling them this month - we want you - please visit Sept 1 so we can talk to you.

Concern for "Composite" or "ECNL 2" players - if they lag behind now...they have had times to change teams to a team that is getting scholarship offers for their players. If everything is delayed, and trend continues...they will have less time to move to a team that is getting college scholarships for their players. I realize these parents and players they think they are improving their chances playing on a composite team - but at the 01 level they are receiving less recruiting attention (measured by offers) than LHGCL teams...and that is not their expectation.

SoccerisGreat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 24/05/18, 10:39 am

It is my understanding that this ECNL2 league was created by several clubs in the North Texas area. Has anyone seen the letter that was released? Clubs involved in creating this league are Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, Sting Austin and TSC. So it appears this ECNL division was conglomerated by clubs, not necessarily by the ECNL league itself. I have not heard that it's across the entire ECNL landscape either - it looks like this is an ECNL Texas Conference thing. I've seen no mention of it other than that there was an official decision made this month by the clubs listed above to start this new division within ECNL.

Will be interesting to see where it leads and whether these clubs can make this new division stick or not.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 10:43 am

SoccerisGreat wrote:All and especially DTX - thank you for these responses.

I am seeing some club teams are pushing an ECNL 2 to players and parents and they are getting the kids to commit to these teams on the brand of ECNL. My guess was and is further substantiated by comments here that they are more like the composite teams or TCL...which is not successful. Going by numbers - these kids are lagging behind LHGCL teams in getting scholarship offers. With new recruiting rules in effect, offers no cannot officially be made until Sept 1 of junior year...so coaches are now telling them this month - we want you - please visit Sept 1 so we can talk to you.

Concern for "Composite" or "ECNL 2" players - if they lag behind now...they have had times to change teams to a team that is getting scholarship offers for their players. If everything is delayed, and trend continues...they will have less time to move to a team that is getting college scholarships for their players. I realize these parents and players they think they are improving their chances playing on a composite team - but at the 01 level they are receiving less recruiting attention (measured by offers) than LHGCL teams...and that is not their expectation.

I don't know that I can agree with your assessment that TCL players are getting less recruiting attention that LHGCL. I think that is more of a situational basis. My direct experience is that the teams with "Composite" in their name, actually draw significant recruiting attention and coach traffic. It just comes at the showcases like Texas Cup, FC Dallas Showcase, DIGC, etc., not from TCL league matches. The TCL team that my DD played on has done very well with college offers, as have other TCL teams at her club.

We are talking about 2nd Tier players here, whether it's FDL, TCL, ECNL2, LHGCL, etc. While there are exceptions, these kids for the most part aren't going to big time D1 programs. These kids are going to get recruited by doing a lot of their own footwork. Are they and their teammates e-mailing and calling coaches to get them to show up at their showcase games? Are these kids going to on-campus ID camps? If kids/parents are sitting back and waiting for coaches to show up at their games simply because their team plays in League A vs. League B, that isn't going to happen. The college coaches know the landscape, and know what the various acronyms mean in terms of competition level. It's just that those coaches are going to focus on where they can get their biggest bang for the buck (showcases), and will spend their time recruiting kids who have shown a strong interest in their program, either by attending and standing out at an ID Camp, or through relentless contact via e-mail and phone calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 10:54 am

Holly Hunter wrote:It is my understanding that this ECNL2 league was created by several clubs in the North Texas area.  Has anyone seen the letter that was released?  Clubs involved in creating this league are Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, Sting Austin and TSC.  So it appears this ECNL division was conglomerated by clubs, not necessarily by the ECNL league itself.  I have not heard that it's across the entire ECNL landscape either - it looks like this is an ECNL Texas Conference thing.  I've seen no mention of it other than that there was an official decision made this month by the clubs listed above to start this new division within ECNL.

Will be interesting to see where it leads and whether these clubs can make this new division stick or not.

The announcement was made by Challenge, and has been re-posted or linked by multiple other clubs on the list.

http://www.challengesoccer.com/challenge-launches-new-regional-league-with-six-other-ecnl-clubs

Again, as with all of these announcements, you need to read the wording carefully.  This is NOT an ECNL league.  It is a US Club Soccer league (just like TCL is/was), being formed by 7 of the ECNL TX Conference clubs, but it is NOT ECNL, nor is it ECNL sanctioned.  It's called marketing.  

By the way, the FDL announcement was the same deal.  They mention that the TX/OK DA Clubs have formed a new league (FDL), but if you read carefully, it's clear that FDL is not USSDA, nor is it sanctioned by USSF/USSDA.  It's USYSA.

So again, both FDL and whatever the new ECNL-TX-Conference-Club-Exclusive-US-Club-Soccer league will be called, are both essentially re-branding of TCL.  Each group is claiming that they will closely align these new leagues with the "Big League" (DA or ECNL) to maximize opportunity and college exposure, but again, I'll believe it when I see it actually happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next