North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 10:54 am

Holly Hunter wrote:It is my understanding that this ECNL2 league was created by several clubs in the North Texas area.  Has anyone seen the letter that was released?  Clubs involved in creating this league are Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, Sting Austin and TSC.  So it appears this ECNL division was conglomerated by clubs, not necessarily by the ECNL league itself.  I have not heard that it's across the entire ECNL landscape either - it looks like this is an ECNL Texas Conference thing.  I've seen no mention of it other than that there was an official decision made this month by the clubs listed above to start this new division within ECNL.

Will be interesting to see where it leads and whether these clubs can make this new division stick or not.

The announcement was made by Challenge, and has been re-posted or linked by multiple other clubs on the list.

http://www.challengesoccer.com/challenge-launches-new-regional-league-with-six-other-ecnl-clubs

Again, as with all of these announcements, you need to read the wording carefully.  This is NOT an ECNL league.  It is a US Club Soccer league (just like TCL is/was), being formed by 7 of the ECNL TX Conference clubs, but it is NOT ECNL, nor is it ECNL sanctioned.  It's called marketing.  

By the way, the FDL announcement was the same deal.  They mention that the TX/OK DA Clubs have formed a new league (FDL), but if you read carefully, it's clear that FDL is not USSDA, nor is it sanctioned by USSF/USSDA.  It's USYSA.

So again, both FDL and whatever the new ECNL-TX-Conference-Club-Exclusive-US-Club-Soccer league will be called, are both essentially re-branding of TCL.  Each group is claiming that they will closely align these new leagues with the "Big League" (DA or ECNL) to maximize opportunity and college exposure, but again, I'll believe it when I see it actually happen.

Back to top Go down

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 24/05/18, 11:28 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:It is my understanding that this ECNL2 league was created by several clubs in the North Texas area.  Has anyone seen the letter that was released?  Clubs involved in creating this league are Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, Sting Austin and TSC.  So it appears this ECNL division was conglomerated by clubs, not necessarily by the ECNL league itself.  I have not heard that it's across the entire ECNL landscape either - it looks like this is an ECNL Texas Conference thing.  I've seen no mention of it other than that there was an official decision made this month by the clubs listed above to start this new division within ECNL.

Will be interesting to see where it leads and whether these clubs can make this new division stick or not.

The announcement was made by Challenge, and has been re-posted or linked by multiple other clubs on the list.

http://www.challengesoccer.com/challenge-launches-new-regional-league-with-six-other-ecnl-clubs

Again, as with all of these announcements, you need to read the wording carefully.  This is NOT an ECNL league.  It is a US Club Soccer league (just like TCL is/was), being formed by 7 of the ECNL TX Conference clubs, but it is NOT ECNL, nor is it ECNL sanctioned.  It's called marketing.  

By the way, the FDL announcement was the same deal.  They mention that the TX/OK DA Clubs have formed a new league (FDL), but if you read carefully, it's clear that FDL is not USSDA, nor is it sanctioned by USSF/USSDA.  It's USYSA.

So again, both FDL and whatever the new ECNL-TX-Conference-Club-Exclusive-US-Club-Soccer league will be called, are both essentially re-branding of TCL.  Each group is claiming that they will closely align these new leagues with the "Big League" (DA or ECNL) to maximize opportunity and college exposure, but again, I'll believe it when I see it actually happen.

Correct - excellent clarification... reminds me of several other "conglomerates" that were built in the past with the idea of taking the top players from several smaller clubs and creating one team of those top players from all the smaller clubs to play at a "higher" level - I think it was NPL. Not the first time we've seen this in NTX and probably not the last.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 24/05/18, 12:13 pm

Foxy keeps asking herself....was there something wrong with Lake Highlands? Was it to close of a drive for most? Was earning and keeping a spot a detriment to development?
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 24/05/18, 12:48 pm

I think foxy is ovulating.

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 24/05/18, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 24/05/18, 01:18 pm

The Cowbell = Elite Leagues
Christopher Walken = The Consumer
"MORE COWBELL!!!!"

The floor is lava.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX Turf Burn 24/05/18, 02:12 pm

https://www.fcdallas.com/youth/teams/frontier-development-league-fdl

TX Turf Burn
TX Turf Burn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/05/18, 02:24 pm

TX Turf Burn wrote:https://www.fcdallas.com/youth/teams/frontier-development-league-fdl

Remember, this is not meant to imply an association between FDL and GDA. Wink

"By mirroring each recognized age group in the Girls Development Academy within the FDL it would allow each member club to place its top (36) players, per age group, in a consistent training environment to the Girls Development Academy"

So, if FC Dallas is saying their "top 36" players per age group are participating in the FDL/GDA framework, does that mean their ECNL teams will be their 3rd tier teams?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 24/05/18, 02:45 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
TX Turf Burn wrote:https://www.fcdallas.com/youth/teams/frontier-development-league-fdl

Remember, this is not meant to imply an association between FDL and GDA.  Wink

"By mirroring each recognized age group in the Girls Development Academy within the FDL it would allow each member club to place its top (36) players, per age group, in a consistent training environment to the Girls Development Academy"

So, if FC Dallas is saying their "top 36" players per age group are participating in the FDL/GDA framework, does that mean their ECNL teams will be their 3rd tier teams?

While this is the case for U13 and will likely eventually be the case for the rest ...

No -- the ECNL teams will still be second tier for U14-U19 next year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 24/05/18, 02:54 pm

Talk to me about the 4th and 5th tiers. The ones referred to as 3rd World Tiers.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 03:02 pm

soccertard wrote:Talk to me about the 4th and 5th tiers.  The ones referred to as 3rd World Tiers.

FC Dallas has plenty of 4th and 5th tier options available for your DD. No need to worry about discounted fees either. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/05/18, 03:14 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

While this is the case for U13 and will likely eventually be the case for the rest ...

I want to believe you BigEgo (actually I do believe you)

But I was taking that directly from the FC Dallas site - top 36 players in FDL/GDA, which means, if FC Dallas is being honest, ECNL teams would generally be players 37-54.

surely this wasn't just some "soccer dad" posting for FC Dallas

If it is true, why would they place their 19-36 players on their 3rd team?

Last edited by SickofStupidity on 24/05/18, 03:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 24/05/18, 03:16 pm

I was having a drink up at the blue goose last night and one of the coaches told me the fourth tier starts with the second team but not to tell anyone.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 24/05/18, 03:24 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

But I was taking that directly from the FC Dallas site - top 36 players in FDL/GDA, which means, if FC Dallas is being honest, ECNL teams would generally be players 37-54.

Understood SoS --

Unfortunately, knowing the folks that post these over there, they likely copied/pasted from another club's FDL announcement where this may in fact be the case.  And just like the "soccer dad", there are errors here as well ... one being that LW is coaching the '04 group.

You're free to believe what you like ... I just happen to know the reality in this particular case.  

See ya out there Sir!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/05/18, 03:27 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Understood SoS --

Unfortunately, knowing the folks that post these over there, they likely copied/pasted from another club's FDL announcement where this may in fact be the case.  And just like the "soccer dad", there are errors here as well ... one being that LW is coaching the '04 group.

You're free to believe what you like ... I just happen to know the reality in this particular case.  

See ya out there Sir!

Oh, I fully understand what you are saying is the case.

Just not what is being described on FC Dallas on their official FDL page.

But you know, why should they care about truth in advertising?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/05/18, 03:40 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Understood SoS --

See ya out there Sir!

maybe

or maybe Vulture Vic wrote it

or aliens

or maybe your assumed explanation just simply fit your narrative that its all a simple ignorant mistake

maybe it's asking a little too much to expect a little honesty and professionalism

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 24/05/18, 04:18 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

^ This is not correct.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 24/05/18, 04:24 pm

How will it work then?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 04:48 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

^ This is not correct.

Uh oh!  Somebody's DD got an offer to be on U13 ECNL at FCD and forgot to check the validity of the offer with BigE before accepting.  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by TX Turf Burn 24/05/18, 05:58 pm

http://dynamodashyouth.com/development-academy/frontier-development-league/

Am I to assume FCD is set up the same way? i.e the FAQ tab on the page
TX Turf Burn
TX Turf Burn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 24/05/18, 06:45 pm

Is it me or are all these tier two leagues just someplace for Central and South Texas to play North Texas more often? Because, yeah why not just stick with LH?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/05/18, 09:40 pm

db10 wrote:Is it me or are all these tier two leagues just someplace for Central and South Texas to play North Texas more often? Because, yeah why not just stick with LH?

The tier two league that was/is TCL would struggle to keep some of their teams in LH. NTX soccer would be much better served with ECNL remaining as the top tier. LH D1/D2/D3 as the second tier. Unfortunately, not every area of the region has the ability and depth to have that type of structure which throws a wrench in the system. Anyone who involves themselves in the experimental second tier options should be ready for the drama associated with disorder and lack of foresight. Rebrand it, repackage it and give it a new name...they will come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 24/05/18, 09:45 pm

Marketing against LH since all the new leagues started forming kinda shot itself in the foot in trying to sell a dead horse.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 24/05/18, 10:03 pm

KickGrass wrote:
db10 wrote:Is it me or are all these tier two leagues just someplace for Central and South Texas to play North Texas more often? Because, yeah why not just stick with LH?

The tier two league that was/is TCL would struggle to keep some of their teams in LH.  NTX soccer would be much better served with ECNL remaining as the top tier.  LH D1/D2/D3 as the second tier.  Unfortunately, not every area of the region has the ability and depth to have that type of structure which throws a wrench in the system.  Anyone who involves themselves in the experimental second tier options should be ready for the drama associated with disorder and lack of foresight.  Rebrand it, repackage it and give it a new name...they will come.

You may very well be right, but it's not as easy to just say, "go play LH." At some ages, entire teams were pulled out of LH for JDL (often times two teams per club). Lower level teams filled LH byes. So you've got big cores of good teams that really have nowhere to go unless clubs are willing to do TCL (or now FDL or ECNL2) or tell the majority of LH teams "thanks for your hard work and keeping a bye or getting promoted, but we are going to give it to this JDL team." And, some LH teams might just not work out for families because of geography or practice times. So, I don't think it's a "they will come," but rather "they will stay because they have no other place to go."

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/05/18, 10:18 pm

You know LH does have a lost art going for it. You have to qualify to get in. Instead of creating a league that you are just in.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 24/05/18, 10:18 pm

These players will go elsewhere and play on lateral or new leagues. They wont be sticking around for QT.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 25/05/18, 12:17 am

Sorry for my apparent confusion Blues Fan (and for not being able to figure out how to 'quote' from the mobile version of this forum) -

To be honest, I wasn't aware that there would be an '06 ECNL team at FCD next year ... In fact I was told that there wouldn't be. If so, then I'd assume that, as I mentioned earlier regarding the '05+, the ECNL team would be #2.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next