North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? Empty Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Post by DoubleDown 03/08/18, 11:35 am

What happened to the Texans team that qualifies on the second weekend of Challenge Games? They are not listed with Classic, and instead there is another Solar team added.

Anyone know the story?

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? Empty Re: Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Post by Motor_Boateng 03/08/18, 11:43 am

It looks like they're in D1 (Dallas Texans 07B Dallas) - http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=67558&GroupID=755209&Gender=Boys&Age=12
Motor_Boateng
Motor_Boateng
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? Empty Re: Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Post by LLHowie 03/08/18, 11:52 am

I had heard that they already knew they had a spot in D1 during the second weekend. I also heard that they had an ineligible player in the challenge tourney. Don't know any specifics behind it but that they ended up not winning their way into D2 because of the ineligible player and instead the Solar team in their division won the spot into D2.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 03/08/18, 12:26 pm

I'm surprised as the Texans and Classic are in the same bed.

Last edited by MurderWasTheCase on 03/08/18, 02:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 03/08/18, 01:58 pm

Just what I heard. I have no specifics. Someone on that team might be able to offer a better explanation.

LLHowie
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 03/08/18, 02:45 pm

I forgot that “West” team was Connell’s team. I guess they dropped the “West”.
I’m surprised Solar didn’t put in whatever team Ackerson has put together as Solar East.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 05/08/18, 10:12 am

They did not have an ineligible player.  Connell already knew that they had a D1 spot which was vacated by Stavrou.  They were playing to win a spot for a newly assembled Texans team which they did.  That team filled the spot.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 05/08/18, 11:44 am

itsjustagame wrote:They did not have an ineligible player.  Connell already knew that they had a D1 spot which was vacated by Stavrou.  They were playing to win a spot for a newly assembled Texans team which they did.  That team filled the spot.

Texas used an existing classic team to secure a spot for another team?

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 05/08/18, 12:01 pm

How else would the new Texans Red coached by Zeph get a D2 spot?

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 05/08/18, 12:15 pm

MurderWasTheCase wrote:
itsjustagame wrote:They did not have an ineligible player.  Connell already knew that they had a D1 spot which was vacated by Stavrou.  They were playing to win a spot for a newly assembled Texans team which they did.  That team filled the spot.

No, the Texans had their best team that wasn’t in CL last year qualify. The Texans also had Byes to assign since Both D1 teams last yr went DA. Those assignments were made after qualifying. Which then left the Texans with a D2 bye to assign.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 05/08/18, 12:31 pm

dragonstryker wrote:
MurderWasTheCase wrote:

No, the Texans had their best team that wasn’t in CL last year qualify. The Texans also had Byes to assign since Both D1 teams last yr went DA. Those assignments were made after qualifying. Which then left the Texans with a D2 bye to assign.

TY! I bet we're going to see some interesting changes from the DA departures.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 05/08/18, 11:45 pm

The vacated D2 spot went to a solar team...the Texans D2 bye was from the relegated DTS that stayed in D1 on a bye from one of the teams that went DA.
Still doesn’t explain why Texans didn’t keep that spot that Connell earned in QT. I would have though Texans would have put something together for that spot. Either they couldn’t put a team together for the D2 spot, or they somehow lost control of the spot.
I doubt they would have let it go to Solar (who now has 8 teams in Classic) without a fight.

That last solar team is in for a long year after going 6-8-4 in PPIL D2 last year! Even with the post DA depleted Classic League.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 06/08/18, 11:44 am

This is exactly what is wrong with Classic. Weaker Teams move to D1 because of club byes vs really making D1 as competitive as possible with the top teams.
How does this benefit anyone other than the clubs saying they have D1 spot while recruiting- and Classic keeping the big clubs happy?

Oh- right!!!!
It all comes down $$$$ !!!!!

Not the best of the best!!!
D1 doesn't even 1/2 of the total rosters combined as whole returning because of DA and byes.
Being able to say your "D1" - what does that mean nowadays???

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/18, 05:01 pm

Are you asking from the perspective of a parent or from that of an eleven year old kid?  I am not sure it has really ever mattered from the perspective of an eleven year old kid.  Now, whether or not you are getting ice cream after the game is a different story.

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 07/08/18, 03:31 pm

Uncleof05AP wrote:Are you asking from the perspective of a parent or from that of an eleven year old kid?  I am not sure it has really ever mattered from the perspective of an eleven year old kid.  Now, whether or not you are getting ice cream after the game is a different story.

Honestly, that was a pretty dumb response. Sorry, couldn't think of any other way to describe that kind of nonsense.
Of course this an adult prospective since we are supposed to be adults and I didn't imply anything about what your child thought.
But, there is an obvious difference between your kids/ relatives vs mine. My 3 boys view D1 as the best of the best or top division because of how they are originally formed and maintained - other than the byes that watered this down now. My boys all know D1, D2, D3, Gold, Silver, Bronze, A, AA, AAA, Majors are. So I guess you and I have kids that are 2 different levels of desire to excel!

My point is for those of you who are able to read this from an an adult/ parent prospective:
Do you care about D1 vs D2 with these type of byes and teams changing levels that haven't earned it?
Does it really matter like it used to when considering teams you may want to tryout for?

Or does your kid just want ice cream?

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie 07/08/18, 04:19 pm

All kids just want ice cream. Smile

LLHowie
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 07/08/18, 04:26 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:
Uncleof05AP wrote:Are you asking from the perspective of a parent or from that of an eleven year old kid?  I am not sure it has really ever mattered from the perspective of an eleven year old kid.  Now, whether or not you are getting ice cream after the game is a different story.

Honestly, that was a pretty dumb response. Sorry, couldn't think of any other way to describe that kind of nonsense.
Of course this an adult prospective since we are supposed to be adults and I didn't imply anything about what your child thought.
But, there is an obvious difference between your kids/ relatives vs mine. My 3 boys view D1 as the best of the best or top division because of how they are originally formed and maintained - other than the byes that watered this down now. My boys all know D1, D2, D3, Gold, Silver, Bronze,    A, AA, AAA, Majors are. So I guess you and I have kids that are 2 different levels of desire to excel!

My point is for those of you who are able to read this from an an adult/ parent prospective:
Do you care about D1 vs D2 with these type of byes and teams changing levels that haven't earned it?
Does it really matter like it used to when considering teams you may want to tryout for?

"Can't we all just get alone?" ~ Rodney King Laughing

I agree that Classic is watered down in terms of the absence of top talent from the Big 3 clubs. I still think the competition level will be great for the kids involved. I really doubt the kids playing classic league will suffer or even care much. That's my perspective. My kid wants to both play soccer at the highest level he can, and to have ice cream as often as possible. Darn kids, what do they know...

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 07/08/18, 05:10 pm

Agreed. Kids dont care. Only parents care.

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 07/08/18, 05:41 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:

But, there is an obvious difference between your kids/ relatives vs mine. My 3 boys view D1 as the best of the best or top division because of how they are originally formed and maintained - other than the byes that watered this down now. My boys all know D1, D2, D3, Gold, Silver, Bronze,    A, AA, AAA, Majors are. So I guess you and I have kids that are 2 different levels of desire to excel!

Classic stuff! "best of the best" "desire to excel" Rolling Eyes

As if there is any correlation. Some of the best to ever come out of NTX couldn't tell you who was across the pitch on game day.

Players play. Period

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 07/08/18, 06:40 pm

I think the fact that the Texans cant put together a team to fill a secured spot might be a hint of where that club is heading. I know of two players this year who tried out for all 3 DA teams. No offers from Solar or FCD but both got one within 30 minutes of first tryout with the Texans.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 07/08/18, 09:33 pm

Not long ago we wouldn’t have questioned a club that has 2 D1 teams and a D2 team in one age group not being able to put together another D2 team...expectations are high with the quantity of teams being thrown out by Solar and FCD.
8 teams in classic for Solar (D2 heavy) and 6 for FCD counting ETX.
Times are changing.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerToneloc 07/08/18, 10:00 pm

Big clubs and their byes. I have heard FCD top team will be good in D1 and Solar has a some teams that can play also. We’ll just have to wait and see how watered down it really is. Agree Texans are in for a rough year in D1 from King Tut observations.

SoccerToneloc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 07/08/18, 10:52 pm

Lets see what those three Texans teams can put together. Connell has a great reputation for turning teams around but I still think it would be a reach to make top 10 coming from where they were and how they performed in King Tut. I wouldn't expect anything from the other two at all.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 10/08/18, 08:47 am

JukusHakeem wrote:

Maybe your kids "desire to excel" is not as high as you think, if they think D1 Classic is the best of the best and not DA.

Maybe you could of explained that to them over some ice cream?..
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 10/08/18, 09:47 am

He was offered a spot without a tryout on 3 different DA teams-
But I thought we were talking about Classic League or did you get confused too???

The answer is he is aware of DA - but he also plays Select Baseball and also Select basketball.
Actually all 3 of my boys play Select Baseball and basketball on top of select soccer and the oldest even plays and starts as QB on school football team.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!
And I'll pass on your ice cream so you don't feel uncomfortable!!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next