North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? - Page 2 Empty Re: Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Post by JukusHakeem 10/08/18, 09:47 am

He was offered a spot without a tryout on 3 different DA teams-
But I thought we were talking about Classic League or did you get confused too???

The answer is he is aware of DA - but he also plays Select Baseball and also Select basketball.
Actually all 3 of my boys play Select Baseball and basketball on top of select soccer and the oldest even plays and starts as QB on school football team.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!
And I'll pass on your ice cream so you don't feel uncomfortable!!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic D2...What happened to Texans West? - Page 2 Empty Re: Classic D2...What happened to Texans West?

Post by Guest 10/08/18, 01:29 pm

I am so depressed.  My kids clearly suck.

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 10/08/18, 02:28 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:He was offered a spot without a tryout on 3 different DA teams-
But I thought we were talking about Classic League  or did you get confused too???

The answer is he is aware of DA - but he also plays Select Baseball and also Select basketball.
Actually all 3 of my boys play Select Baseball and basketball on top of select soccer and the oldest even plays and starts as QB on school football team.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!
And I'll pass on your ice cream so you don't feel uncomfortable!!

Congrats to your boy on being "offered a spot without a tryout on 3 different DA teams". lol!

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 10/08/18, 02:37 pm

You guys start getting chippy and then get jealous???? Otherwise no reason to comment- No facts no questions-just jeally!
Facts matter and it is just the facts.

And- don't feel bad because coaches don't know who you are or who your BB is either- I am sure he is great player lol!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 10/08/18, 03:12 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:You guys start getting chippy and  then get jealous????  Otherwise no reason to comment- No facts no questions-just jeally!

And- don't feel bad because coaches don't know who you are or who your BB is either- I am sure he is great player lol!

Congrats on having coaches know who you are, or who you BB is lol!

As emotionally invested as you are, I'm sure you're a very hard guy to forget (and not always for positive reasons).  #ButtHurt

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 10/08/18, 03:20 pm

DoubleDown wrote:The vacated D2 spot went to a solar team...the Texans D2 bye was from the relegated DTS that stayed in D1 on a bye from one of the teams that went DA.
Still doesn’t explain why Texans didn’t keep that spot that Connell earned in QT. I would have though Texans would have put something together for that spot. Either they couldn’t put a team together for the D2 spot, or they somehow lost control of the spot.
I doubt they would have let it go to Solar (who now has 8 teams in Classic) without a fight.

That last solar team is in for a long year after going 6-8-4 in PPIL D2 last year! Even with the post DA depleted Classic League.

I agree with you here. Great point about the Solar team as well, I agree that they will struggle in D2 Classic. Texans apparently went deep into their talent pool to fill their two U12 DA rosters (44-52 players).

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LongTimeFirstTime 10/08/18, 03:24 pm

JakasHakeem - Let me be the first to express my sincere gratitude for allowing my son to share the pitch with your BBs greatness. Would you by chance have a copy of his highlight reel for sale? I'd love to buy it for instructional purposes.

LongTimeFirstTime
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 10/08/18, 03:27 pm

factsmatter wrote:
DoubleDown wrote:The vacated D2 spot went to a solar team...the Texans D2 bye was from the relegated DTS that stayed in D1 on a bye from one of the teams that went DA.
Still doesn’t explain why Texans didn’t keep that spot that Connell earned in QT. I would have though Texans would have put something together for that spot. Either they couldn’t put a team together for the D2 spot, or they somehow lost control of the spot.
I doubt they would have let it go to Solar (who now has 8 teams in Classic) without a fight.

That last solar team is in for a long year after going 6-8-4 in PPIL D2 last year! Even with the post DA depleted Classic League.

I agree with you here. Great point about the Solar team as well, I agree that they will struggle in D2 Classic.  Texans apparently went deep into their talent pool to fill their two U12 DA rosters (44-52 players).  

Not remotely accurate info regarding Texans and Texans South.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 10/08/18, 11:59 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:You guys start getting chippy and  then get jealous????  Otherwise no reason to comment- No facts no questions-just jeally!

On top of my son playing select soccer, baseball, basketball.... he is also playing select rugby, badminton, tennis, golf, bowling..... and is the captain of his Select Fortnite team.
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 11/08/18, 09:19 am

Dwight wrote:
On top of my son playing select soccer, baseball, basketball.... he is also playing select rugby, badminton, tennis, golf, bowling..... and is the captain of his Select Fortnite team.

lol!

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/18, 09:26 am

I try not to brag about my nephew, but he was once offered a roster spot on a PSA team without having to attend a tryout.

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 13/08/18, 08:38 am

Oh- you both got your feelings hurt after you made comments or asked questions - and couldn't handle it.
It's okay- the world needs average people too!! No need to get mad or cry about it. Crying or Very sad

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 13/08/18, 08:53 am

JukusHakeem wrote:Oh- you both got your feelings hurt after you made comments or asked questions - and couldn't handle it.
It's okay- the world needs average people too!!  No need to get mad or cry about it.  Crying or Very sad

I'd hate to play captain obvious, but aren't we discussing Classic League D2 here?  So, are we to believe that your boy was offered a spot without a tryout on 3 different DA teams, yet he ended up signed with a D2 group?

Sit down, be humble ~ Kendrick Lamar

Last edited by factsmatter on 13/08/18, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 13/08/18, 09:05 am

Obviously Lost!!! Again!!!- Title is What happen to a team- I must have missed D2 in the title?
Wasn't the discussion also about teams getting byes in Classic as a whole and then DA and then... ?

Done- Move on!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 13/08/18, 10:01 am

JukusHakeem wrote:Obviously Lost!!! Again!!!- Title is What happen to a team- I must have missed D2 in the title?
Wasn't the discussion also about teams getting byes in Classic as a whole and then DA and then... ?

Done- Move on!

Ok sure...  I guess we all were lost. Somehow, I got the impression that this thread was about how "superior" your kids are to the rest of ours?  

lol!

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 13/08/18, 11:50 am

factsmatter wrote:
JukusHakeem wrote:Obviously Lost!!! Again!!!- Title is What happen to a team- I must have missed D2 in the title?

Done- Move on!

Ok sure...  I guess we all were lost. Somehow, I got the impression that this thread was about how "superior" your kids are to the rest of ours?  

lol!

Ma'am -
Just move on! The jealousy and insecure feelings will go away soon enough!

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 13/08/18, 11:11 pm

dragonstryker wrote:
factsmatter wrote:

I agree with you here. Great point about the Solar team as well, I agree that they will struggle in D2 Classic.  Texans apparently went deep into their talent pool to fill their two U12 DA rosters (44-52 players).  

Could you elaborate?
DTS was relegated (20th place). DTS went back into D1 on a club bye. Texans gave DTS’s D2 spot to Badii. Texans West earned a D2 spot, but then took Texans other D1 bye. Where exactly did I miss something?

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REDS07 14/08/18, 06:44 am

DoubleDown wrote:
dragonstryker wrote:
factsmatter wrote:

Could you elaborate?
DTS was relegated (20th place).  DTS went back into D1 on a club bye. Texans gave DTS’s D2 spot to Badii.  Texans West earned a D2 spot, but then took Texans other D1 bye.  Where exactly did I miss something?

Taking in consideration all the movement happening with DA, how well do you say DT(Connell's) will do in Classic this year?
REDS07
REDS07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 14/08/18, 12:08 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:
factsmatter wrote:

Done- Move on!

lol!

Ma'am -
Just move on! The jealousy and insecure feelings will go away soon enough!

In high school, I could throw a football over a mountain. Who's jealous now??
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 14/08/18, 12:10 pm

DoubleDown wrote:
dragonstryker wrote:
factsmatter wrote:

Could you elaborate?
DTS was relegated (20th place).  DTS went back into D1 on a club bye. Texans gave DTS’s D2 spot to Badii.  Texans West earned a D2 spot, but then took Texans other D1 bye.  Where exactly did I miss something?

My comment was in regards to the Texans going deep into their roster to fill the Texans and Texans South DA rosters. That comment isn’t remotely true.

It is true that the Yexans stretched to fill their D1 teams and those are likely to struggle this year.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 14/08/18, 12:23 pm

dragonstryker wrote:

My comment was in regards to the Texans going deep into their roster to fill the Texans and Texans South DA rosters. That comment isn’t remotely true.

It is true that the Yexans stretched to fill their D1 teams and those are likely to struggle this year.

I completely agree. I think we are actually saying the same thing. My point was that Texans went deep into their 07 talent pool to fill those DA rosters (although they also received some help from FCD/Solar transfers). My logic is that their top 2 classic D1 teams both went DA, which explains why they stretched to fill the teams that would assume the vacated D1 byes. From my perspective, the same can be said of Solar and FCD.

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 14/08/18, 01:13 pm

Got it. Thought I had totally missed something. I think Texans top 2 DA teams are as solid as we all know them to be. I think their second 2 DA teams are more of a stretch than Solar or FCD, but the second teams will sort themselves out next year. The second teams are really only there to cast a slightly wider net during this physical development growth period for the boys. Most of those players will be back next year.
I think DT Connell will have a tough go in D1. I think they will win some games, but they did not have a very good king tut (4-0 loss to Elite) and the results from the qualifying tournament leave serious questions. Talent is not static, they will get better. (But, so will most of the other teams)

For the kids sake, I just hope they’re competitive. Playing D1 in stead of D2 is a no-brainer with the shift to 3 divisions coming next year. Texans needs to keep that spot in classic.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 14/08/18, 03:43 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Got it. Thought I had totally missed something. I think Texans top 2 DA teams are as solid as we all know them to be. I think their second 2 DA teams are more of a stretch than Solar or FCD, but the second teams will sort themselves out next year. The second teams are really only there to cast a slightly wider net during this physical development growth period for the boys. Most of those players will be back next year.
I think DT Connell will have a tough go in D1. I think they will win some games, but they did not have a very good king tut (4-0 loss to Elite) and the results from the qualifying tournament leave serious questions. Talent is not static, they will get better. (But, so will most of the other teams)

For the kids sake, I just hope they’re competitive. Playing D1 in stead of D2 is a no-brainer with the shift to 3 divisions coming next year. Texans needs to keep that spot in classic.

I heard the second teams for Texans and FCD are made up of a lot of 08s, getting them ready to be the top 08 teams for the two clubs next year. I haven't heard anything about what Solar is doing yet. Makes sense to me though. Bring the better 08s up a year early to get the experience and training, then build around them next year.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 14/08/18, 06:59 pm

I don’t know, I’m still not fully convinced that u12 isn’t too early for DA. At least not in north Texas, where DA is basically the new Classic D1a.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 15/08/18, 11:46 am

I heard this was the thread where we submit our vote for the biggest forum DB. Is that correct?

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 15/08/18, 01:05 pm

If you’re referring to me, my last point was only that (as far as games go) The top teams in Classic D1 last season are pretty much the same level as the DA teams this season. Our kids didn’t get any better by changing the patch on their jerseys. North Texas talent level is high enough that we get a lot of really good conpetition locally. Driving to play the DA team from Austin or San Antonio isn’t really any better than what we already had, just different. A 10 team Classic D1 without DA around was fine with me.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next