North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 8 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 8 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by soccerfanatic2008 06/10/18, 03:30 pm

Looks like Suarez has either beaten or tied McKinney in all of their last three meetings. It could be that coach Suarez just has McKinney’s number? I still think McKinney is the better team and will end up winning classic league, but some teams are just tough matchups for other teams. Congrats to Suarez. We shall see how McKinney rebounds from this. Any team can be beaten on any given day

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/10/18, 05:59 pm

Pedro Black had one kid suited up on the bench and another kid on crutches. That explains their post for additional players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 08/10/18, 01:47 am

WOW, what a weekend!!!! Not being out at the fields this weekend, many of these results surprised me.

McKinney getting beat was out of nowhere. If what everyone is saying about them missing their center mid is true, then thats bad luck. With regard to bad reffing, it seems to happen every game out at CCL, its just who's team it happens to. Either way, its a big win for Suarez. That series reminds me of the NY Giants vs the NE Patriots, the NE Patriots are by far the superior team but the Giants have their number. Giants catch a ball on the side of their helmet, FCD catches a foul at the top of the 18 to tie at King Tut, things just sort of break their way. Future matches will definitely be must see TV.

The weekend brought some unforeseen results in other games, Molina getting beat soundly by an Ackerson team that has looked overmatched much of the season was a head scratcher. Evo getting beat by Lightening FC was a huge surprise, I would love some color on that game if anyone has it. Also, Stavrou tying Allegiance, which I thought would be a layup for Stavrou caught my eye, color on that one would be appreciated as well. Liverpool playing a close game against Juliao, which I think shows Juliao's ability to compete in this league, was another eye opener. Was the past critique of Heighway being a kickball team prevalent again?

TxRMC, with regards to Allegiance, I'm pretty sure that if they needed a player, they would pull him from the D2 team. If they are trying to find an unattached kid thats better than someone in their system, best of luck. They are hurting right now, and their record shows that.

I look forward to next weeks tilt. With Stavrou v Kicks, and Suarez v Molina being the big games, it should be a great weekend.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/18, 10:39 am

Suarez played outstanding soccer, great energy, brilliantly attacking every McKinney possession. I don't buy the excuse that if McKinney had their starting mid-fielder the outcome would have been different. Suarez was swarming and attacking every McKinney possession.

Allegiance played a beautiful passing game for the 1st 40 minutes. They dominated possession and were up 3-0 with 20 minutes left in the game. Texans got pk goal from a handball call in the box and that gave them a lift and they rallied with the benefit of fresh legs off the bench. Allegiance had one sub and they looked exhausted and couldn't hold off the long ball attack down the final stretch.

Dallas Kicks are emerging as the most complete team in D1. Attacking, defense, possession, they can do it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 08/10/18, 03:00 pm

I am a McKinney parent and missing #22 hurt but that was not the cause. Having him would have helped but we got pushed around by a team that came to play when our boys were just a bit off with bad passes easy give aways that is very uncharacteristic for McKinney. I will not say the ref caused it but it didn’t help. Seems like that team just has our number. Congrats to them for winning I’ll be excited to play them again.

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 08/10/18, 03:43 pm

Scuba steve. I agree with your assessment of the games for the most part, but i dont think kicks are necessarily emerging as the most complete team in D1. They gave up 5 goals to lightning. Aside from evolution, they haven’t played a tough team yet.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 08/10/18, 09:24 pm

On a separate note, is there a reason that Pedro is posting '07 Allegiance passing videos on the '08 site (or anywhere for that matter)? I'm not sure if you all knew, but they set a record for passes, very impressive. I'm not sure who keeps the international encyclopedia of U12 soccer stats, but now you can all say you know someone that is in there. I can't wait for work tomorrow.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TikiTaka10 08/10/18, 10:02 pm

Seed wrote:On a separate note, is there a reason that Pedro is posting '07 Allegiance passing videos on the '08 site (or anywhere for that matter)? I'm not sure if you all knew, but they set a record for passes, very impressive. I'm not sure who keeps the international encyclopedia of U12 soccer stats, but now you can all say you know someone that is in there. I can't wait for work tomorrow.  

There's actually a very good reason for it. You'll soon find out!!!

We, along with numerous YourApeeIn professional academies from whom I got the idea from, go a long way to keep the "international encyclopedia" of stats starting at U9!!! Seed, those stats are beyond helpful and very easy to attain. You or your coach should look into it. The kids love it, look forward to it, and learn a lot from it.

TikiTaka10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 08/10/18, 10:45 pm

Thats great Pedro, I appreciate it, but to me it seems more like advertising as this is an '08 forum and its film of '07 kids. Why don't you keep it in the '07 forum, or on your "looking for a player" posts. Thanks!

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 09/10/18, 08:49 am

Wouldn’t most 08s that have the ability to play up already be signed to a team? I think recruiting posts would be better served for the spring and summer when you may snag a player that’s looking to move.

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 09/10/18, 09:04 am

Rooster08dad wrote:Wouldn’t most 08s that have the ability to play up already be signed to a team? I think recruiting posts would  be better served for the spring and summer when you may snag a player that’s looking to move.

Recruiting is year round. This also isn't recruiting for 07s. He's showing his coaching abilities and style. He has teams at all age groups. It doesn't really matter that this is an 07 video, his style of teaching the boys is the same. Pedro is doing a great job with his boys. Haters will hate. Don't get me wrong, I have my opinions on some of this stuff, but overall it is good and there are way more benefits to this. If my son wasn't in a good place I would look to move him to Pedro as I believe he genuinely wants these boys to be the best players they can. He's not chasing wins, he chasing development, as we all should be.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 09/10/18, 11:38 pm

Sorry Rooster08dad, schmuck is right, recruiting is year around, its poaching that only happens in the spring. The reality is if Pedro hasn't approached you about your son coming to play for him, I would check your kids pulse.

Schmuck, there is no hating, I've stated in this thread that I think that Pedro gets a lot out of his kids, and can definitely motivate kids to be better players, its the cherry picked highlight videos and used car salesman approach that wares on me.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/10/18, 07:56 pm

Looks like there will be Classic League soccer this weekend!!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 28/10/18, 01:21 pm

Did anyone get a chance to watch the games this weekend? I saw that FCD Suarez tied Solar Juliao and Liverpool Heighway barely squeaked out a win against FCD Molina. Did anyone see the allegiance vs solar Katic game? Didn’t expect allegiance to lose that one

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 goalie dad 28/10/18, 05:33 pm

Liverpool led the entire game...giving up two uncharacteristic goals. FCD played a good game and fought hard to keep it close. Solar Julian is a formidable opponent and well coached. Overall all teams have talent and can present challenges to any other team. Glad we all enjoyed some soccer!

08 goalie dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 29/10/18, 10:32 am

I didn’t catch the Liverpool match. But I figured that game would be close.

As for the FCD Suarez vs Solar Juliao matchup, I would have to say that FCD did not look their best. Both teams scored nice goals in the first half, and while FCD threatened quite a few times to score, they could not put Solar away. Mostly missed shots and extra passes that should have been made by FCD. FCD’s goalie made a nice save in the 2nd half as well that could have resulted in a win for Solar.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/18, 12:19 pm

I watched most of the Allegiance game. Allegiance passed and the Solar team played kick ball. Allegiance needs to make some defensive adjustments to handle the long ball game, they were caught several times with only one defender back leading to goals. I really enjoy watching that Allegiance team pass the ball, if they can get their defenders to cover better and clear the ball they will be tough to beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 02/11/18, 11:11 pm

Two weekends in a row, what a luxury, here is my look at the top games of the week:

Liverpool v Athletico - Athletico has been an up an down team, Liverpool plays great defense, but doesn't blow anyone out. I Athletico keeps it close into the second half they have a chance. I think it will be a tight game. Giving the edge to Liverpool.

Evo v Allegiance - This will be a great game to watch. I love the way Evo plays, but I think that Allegiance is the better team. I'll take Evo though in an upset, that team has a lot of heart.

Dallas Kicks v FCD Molina - Molina will be a tough out in this one. Both of these teams intrigue me because of the way they win games, they are both offensive teams with defensive lapses, I guess its whoever gets the lucky bounce. I put Kicks on alert, Molina in a squeaker.

Come on folks, don't let the disjointed season keep you from pontificating.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 05/11/18, 03:41 pm

I had a feeling Atletico would get Liverpool. I didn’t see the game, but Atletico is just one of those tough teams that poses problems for teams that play Liverpool’s style

Kicks seemed to take care of Molina easily. I thought Molina would put up more of a fight.

Evo is a very good team. Not surprised that they beat Allegiance

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 05/11/18, 10:44 pm

Yes the Molina score surprised me a ton.

Here's hoping that we get our games in this weekend so that we are not playing a Christmas week game.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 06/11/18, 02:05 pm

A few good games this weekend :
- Liverpool Heighway vs Allegiance. Liverpool’s kickball style and pressing will just overpower Allegiance I see Liverpool running away with this one

- Solar McKinney vs Texans Salazar. The last 2 times these teams met, it was 5-0 and 5-1 in favor of McKinney. However Salazar’s league record and goal differential this season is impressive. They may not have been playing any of the top teams yet though. Should be a good game. I’ll give Solar a slight edge.

- Colleyville Evolution vs FCD Suarez. This is my upset pick. I think Evolution takes down Suarez. Evolution is a lot stronger team than their record suggests. They are big, fast, well coached. I predict they beat Suarez by at least 2 goals.

Who do y’all got this weekend?

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 06/11/18, 02:07 pm

I predict they don't play this weekend.

And your Suarez pick.. lol
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 06/11/18, 02:27 pm

I hope they get to play this weekend. Soccerfanatic, i agree with your picks. Not sure evolution will beat suarez by 2 goals, but i do think they either tie them or get a close win.

Keeping fingers crossed that they get to play

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 07/11/18, 10:25 am

Liverpool over Allegiance. I look for Liverpool to bounce back in this one. Allegiance seems to be going through a rough patch at the moment. Earlier posts seem in indicate that Allegiance may be down a player or players.

Solar McKinney vs Texans Salazar. I give the edge to McKinney. If the recent tournament results are any indication, this won’t be a close one. Salazar was unable to put up any points against the Kicks most recently, and I consider McKinney’s defense to be on the same level, if not better. I think Salazar’s team will have trouble finding goals in this matchup.

Colleyville Evolution vs FCD Suarez. This will more than likely be a close one. FCD Suarez seems to be solid on defense. Their main knock in my opinion is a lack of goal scoring. They have speed at the top of their formation, but a lot of attacking opportunities do not result in goals. I give the slight edge to FCD in a close one, but would not be surprised if it went either way.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 07/11/18, 03:45 pm

Just as an observer, there still continues to be Allegiance conversation each week which I really do not understand, currently 08's are 12th in D1 and has only played 1 of the top 7 teams, although its my understanding he does directly coach the team in D2, they are 19th and still part of his program. His 07's team is currently 7th in D1. Why not just a little more conversation about the top 5 or even top 10 teams....Just seems like an average independent club that does a nice job of recruiting at positions and continues the to be in the conversations because of his "world record video" posts and his "soon to be top in the nation" posts.....I do not have anything against his program and I am actually impressed with some of his teachings but he has yet prove any type of consistent winning in comparison to some of the elite programs that do it year in and year out.....just my 2 cents.

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 07/11/18, 04:26 pm

08soccerfollower wrote:Just as an observer, there still continues to be Allegiance conversation each week which I really do not understand, currently 08's are 12th in D1 and has only played 1 of the top 7 teams, although its my understanding he does directly coach the team in D2, they are 19th and still part of his program.  His 07's team is currently 7th in D1. Why not just a little more conversation about the top 5 or even top 10 teams....Just seems like an average independent club that does a nice job of recruiting at positions and continues the to be in the conversations because of his "world record video" posts and his "soon to be top in the nation" posts.....I do not have anything against his program and I am actually impressed with some of his teachings but he has yet prove any type of consistent winning in comparison to some of the elite programs that do it year in and year out.....just my 2 cents.

Maybe because it isn't just about winning, nor should it be, especially at this age.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next