North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 17 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 17 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by FATHER2ASUN 26/02/19, 10:43 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:
Soccermom2888 wrote:Was at the Liverpool/Solar game. Was a lot closer game than what you would think by just looking at the score. Liverpool I believe had more opportunities to score than Solar but couldn’t get the ball in the net. Solar struggled but they had some good shots that found the net. Think Liverpool has better speed and more heart but Solar has better control and vision. They also had luck on their side this Sunday. Looking forward to a rematch at some point

I watched the 2nd half of the Solar-Liverpool game while waiting for our game. Im not sure about the 1st half, but in the 2nd half it was ALL Solar. Not even close. I mean, yes the liverpool boys played with heart and didnt give up, but I wouldnt say they played with MORE heart than Solar. Solar is just the better team. They were too much for Liverpool.

I dont think Liverpool had more opportunities than Solar at all. I mean yes they had some runs into dangerous spaces, but they rarely were able to even get a shot off.

I dont think Solar had luck on their side either. The 3 goals I saw were all well executed. Solar is just the superior team. Not taking anything away from Liverpool. They had a rough stretch of Suarez, Kicks and McKinney back to back to back. They did well to tie 2 of those games.

This weekend has the game of the year so far. Solar McKinney vs Kicks. Solar has the chance to take over the top spot in D1 by the end of the weekend.

I agree SMG, Liverpool didn't have more opportunity than Solar, although they did have some. Looking at the tape, there was a blatant offsides missed early on that allowed LFC to get a beautiful shot off that hit the crossbar. Later in the game there were 2 shots that had a good chance of going in, one went high and another just wide, other than that there were no real scoring threats from LFC. Solar did look tentative early in the game as LFC was controlling tempo, pressing high, and playing kickball with their best athlete in the goal. Their striker was getting visibly frustrated that he wasn't getting the opportunities that he would like, for the most part Solar controlled the game, wearing LFC down in the first half and then capitalizing multiple times early in the second half that really took the wind out of LFC's sails. When talking about playing a passing possession game in this league, I don't think there is a team out there that matches what Solar does.

FATHER2ASUN
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by strokeMEgood 26/02/19, 10:57 pm

FATHER2ASUN wrote:
strokeMEgood wrote:
Soccermom2888 wrote:Was at the Liverpool/Solar game. Was a lot closer game than what you would think by just looking at the score. Liverpool I believe had more opportunities to score than Solar but couldn’t get the ball in the net. Solar struggled but they had some good shots that found the net. Think Liverpool has better speed and more heart but Solar has better control and vision. They also had luck on their side this Sunday. Looking forward to a rematch at some point

I watched the 2nd half of the Solar-Liverpool game while waiting for our game. Im not sure about the 1st half, but in the 2nd half it was ALL Solar. Not even close. I mean, yes the liverpool boys played with heart and didnt give up, but I wouldnt say they played with MORE heart than Solar. Solar is just the better team. They were too much for Liverpool.

I dont think Liverpool had more opportunities than Solar at all. I mean yes they had some runs into dangerous spaces, but they rarely were able to even get a shot off.

I dont think Solar had luck on their side either. The 3 goals I saw were all well executed. Solar is just the superior team. Not taking anything away from Liverpool. They had a rough stretch of Suarez, Kicks and McKinney back to back to back. They did well to tie 2 of those games.

This weekend has the game of the year so far. Solar McKinney vs Kicks. Solar has the chance to take over the top spot in D1 by the end of the weekend.

I agree SMG, Liverpool didn't have more opportunity than Solar, although they did have some. Looking at the tape, there was a blatant offsides missed early on that allowed LFC to get a beautiful shot off that hit the crossbar. Later in the game there were 2 shots that had a good chance of going in, one went high and another just wide, other than that there were no real scoring threats from LFC. Solar did look tentative early in the game as LFC was controlling tempo, pressing high, and playing kickball with their best athlete in the goal. Their striker was getting visibly frustrated that he wasn't getting the opportunities that he would like, for the most part Solar controlled the game, wearing LFC down in the first half and then capitalizing multiple times early in the second half that really took the wind out of LFC's sails. When talking about playing a passing possession game in this league, I don't think there is a team out there that matches what Solar does.

I think Liverpool Coach had a great game plan, but just didnt have the personnel to get the job done. If that team finds a goalkeeper, I think they can compete with any team out there. What a shame their old goalkeeper left for Texans Salazar. And in the middle of the season. Liverpool has its best player in the goal right now, and all of these recent games may have been a lot different if he was playing out in the field.

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coterminous 27/02/19, 08:52 am

What do you'all think the impact on no DA next year for 08's will the 08's that left for DA this year come down and change things and what happens to the old FCD Red 08's - as there is no Classic league team for them all to reform on

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 27/02/19, 09:28 am

Coterminous wrote:What do you'all think the impact on no DA next year for 08's will the 08's that left for DA this year come down and change things and what happens to the old FCD Red 08's - as there is no Classic league team for them all to reform on

Great question. We can only assume that most when come back and fill up classic 1 rosters. This means that there are kids playing with "top teams" currently, who will lose their spots to kids falling out of U12 DA. It's going to be a real circus, and I can tells you that several 08 coaches are excited about visit said chaos is hopes of upgrading their rosters.

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 27/02/19, 01:44 pm

factsmatter wrote:
Coterminous wrote:What do you'all think the impact on no DA next year for 08's will the 08's that left for DA this year come down and change things and what happens to the old FCD Red 08's - as there is no Classic league team for them all to reform on

Great question. We can only assume that most when come back and fill up classic 1 rosters. This means that there are kids playing with "top teams" currently, who will lose their spots to kids falling out of U12 DA. It's going to be a real circus, and I can tells you that several 08 coaches are excited about visit said chaos is hopes of upgrading their rosters.

Could be pure speculation, but from what I have been hearing is some, if not all of the big clubs are looking at continuing with DA. The “name” of the program may change of course, and the new format will be managed by the clubs vs. USSF. If this rumor is true, as the 07’s move up to U13 in order to stay within their “age pure pool”, we may actually see more 08’ players “leave” Classic League as a result of the big clubs needing more kids to fill out these “DA/Travel team” rosters depending on how this is organized. Especially if they stay with the current two U12 team per club structure. I imagine that some of the better 09’s could be included on some of these 08’ rosters as well. If you look at the current “DA” rosters in North Texas, most teams don’t have enough 08’s to currently field two U12 DA 08’ teams for each club. There are quite a few talented 08’ players playing in Classic league that may get the opportunity to play in the “new format DA” during the 2019-2020 season with their “age pure” teammates.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 27/02/19, 03:26 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
Could be pure speculation, but from what I have been hearing is some, if not all of the big clubs are looking at continuing with DA. The “name” of the program may change of course, and the new format will be managed by the clubs vs. USSF. If this rumor is true, as the 07’s move up to U13 in order to stay within their “age pure pool”, we may actually see more 08’ players “leave” Classic League as a result of the big clubs needing more kids to fill out these “DA/Travel team” rosters depending on how this is organized. Especially if they stay with the current two U12 team per club structure. I imagine that some of the better 09’s could be included on some of these 08’ rosters as well. If you look at the current “DA” rosters in North Texas, most teams don’t have enough 08’s to currently field two U12 DA 08’ teams for each club. There are quite a few talented 08’ players playing in Classic league that may get the opportunity to play in the “new format DA” during the 2019-2020 season with their “age pure” teammates.

That's really interesting, but I'd be very surprised if it actually happened. The local clubs, historically, don't work much with each other at all. Collaborating to form a league for U12 players isn't the priority for larger clubs (FCD, SOLAR, Texans), and it would seem the travel element of traditional DA would be overkill to most of these clubs.  I really think this concept isn't' needed so much for DFW based clubs, when Classic is an option. In South Texas, and places where the competition level isn't great, the creation of derby leagues might be an answer. My opinion is that self-funding a league, with travel, for a single age group is a great financial investment for any club.

Last edited by factsmatter on 27/02/19, 06:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 27/02/19, 05:00 pm

factsmatter wrote:
Mr. Miyagi wrote:

That's really interesting, but I'd be very surprised if it actually happened. The local clubs, historically, don't work much with each other at all. Collaborating to form a league for U12 players isn't the priority for larger clubs (FCD, SOLAR, Liver Pool), and it would seem the travel element of traditional DA would be overkill to most of these clubs.  I really think this concept isn't' needed so much for DFW based clubs, when Classic is an option. In South Texas, and places where the competition level isn't great, the creation of derby leagues might be an answer. My opinion is that self-funding a league, with travel, for a single age group is a great financial investment for any club.

Most of the clubs are covering some if not all the costs of their current DA program, so this “new” format wouldn’t be anymore of a financial burden to them than what they are currently paying for today. Of course, the USSF may have been assisting in funding the program, but to what extent is the question as some clubs seem to be able to cover more of their academy player's costs than others.

Liverpool is not in the current DA format for boys, so I’m not sure why they are even being mentioned. Maybe you meant the Texans?

But I do agree, this will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adicto2141 28/02/19, 11:52 am

Ecnl has a pilot of u11 and u12 premier league. They might try to do the same for Texas. That will be my guess.

adicto2141
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 02/03/19, 09:54 am

Did anybody make it out to the Solar McKinney vs Dallas Kicks Black matchup? Based on the final result, looks as though Solar had a convincing win. I figured that Solar had a nice momentum going into the match, but thought it would be a closer contest. Can anyone provide some color/detail on what took place?
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 02/03/19, 10:05 am

Solar absolutely dominated the kicks. Wasnt even close. I dont think kicks even got a good shot on goal. They looked a step behind the entire game. Solar came to play

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by New2competitive 02/03/19, 10:32 am

^^^ details?

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 02/03/19, 10:52 am

Solar possessed the ball the entire game. Their midfield took kicks center mid (#21) out of the game with physical play and forced kicks to play kick ball, trying to boot the ball to their forwards. But even when the forwards got the ball, Solar defenders didn’t let them even turn to get a shot off.

Solar has the best defense in D1 IMO. And they do it without stacking 4-5 defenders like some other teams.

Solar looked strong. Moved the ball well, won 1v1 battles, played physical, and finished on most of their chances today. They had like 2-3 chances where a kicks defender made a toe poke save on a shot where the keeper was beat. The score here could have easily been 5-0

Last edited by LiverpoolDad on 02/03/19, 04:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by New2competitive 02/03/19, 11:04 am

Man, I really wanted to see this game, thanks for the analysis.

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 02/03/19, 12:21 pm

Based off what i have seen from Solar McKinney lately and recent results, i figured this would happen. Still a lot of good games to play, but solar is in great form right now

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/19, 07:41 pm

A

Last edited by ScubaSteve on 05/03/19, 06:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 02/03/19, 07:59 pm

Did anyone see the Salazar vs Suarez game? Looks like a close game. Can anyone provide any feedback or analysis?

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobra Kai 02/03/19, 08:03 pm

Miyagi, i thought you watch all the kicks games?

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 02/03/19, 09:05 pm

Cobra Kai wrote:Miyagi, i thought you watch all the kicks games?

Some games, but not all. My BB plays for a different club.

lol!
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyUtah 02/03/19, 09:59 pm

Solar looked amazing today. Really took it to them.

JohnnyUtah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 02/03/19, 11:39 pm

Scuba, I thought wins didn't matter?!? I thought that it was the development that was important. More than likely when they lose next it will be that they got beat by some ugly long ball team that had some fast kids that are better athletes, but Allegiance still played beautifully, SMH. I think that Solar 07 showed the world how to beat that type of team, press the heck out of them, make them make mistakes, and capitalize on it. You can't play a possession passing game game if you don't possess the ball.

I wonder if you have seen a Solar 08 game in your life? I was able to catch the game last week against LFC, and they made what you call "the hard way" look easy against a better more physical team than Molina. Make sure you bring your notepad when Solar and Allegiance meet up in a couple of weeks so that you can post an accurate description of what went down.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 02/03/19, 11:54 pm

Seed, dont even give scuba the satisfaction of responding to him. Its clearly one of pedros ghost accounts he is using to desperately get his name/team talked about. The forum has been doing a good job of just ignoring his comments haha

That being said, solar has been playing some gorgeous soccer lately. Coach McKinney has those boys firing on all cylinders

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 03/03/19, 12:19 am

You're correct LiverpoolDad, sometimes I just get sucked in. No one with eyes or without an agenda would back Scuba. My apologies.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/19, 10:56 am

Wow

Last edited by ScubaSteve on 05/03/19, 06:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 03/03/19, 12:28 pm

Seed, did you get a chance to watch any games this weekend? Curious if anyone saw the suarez Salazar game. This weekend had the top 4 teams playing each other. Kinda stinks that it was at 8 am in 30+ degree weather

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 03/03/19, 10:54 pm

LiverpoolDad I did not get to see any games this weekend unfortunately. It seems like they have been stacking the top games at the same time lately. I could just be my perception since the whole season has been played so sporadically. Hopefully one of the Suarez or Salazar parents will chime in with an analysis.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/19, 08:38 am

The

Last edited by ScubaSteve on 05/03/19, 06:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content