North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 10 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 10 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by schmuck 14/11/18, 09:28 am

AttaBoy wrote:All this talk of Allegiance kills me. They barely have enough to field a team. All of you Allegiance fans should make the drive to go play for Pedro. He’d appreciate it I’m sure. He needs players desperately form what I can tell. If you love them as much as you say you do on this forum, the drive should be worth it for you.

So you see "barely enough to field a team" as an issue? A lot see that as "playing time". He keeps his roster small to maximize playing time. Pedro, like everyone else, wants to reach as many kids as possible so yeah, he recruits. You are right, the drive should be worth it to some. It has never been worth it to me for my boys because I've felt they are/were with solid coaches already. If they weren't, I would have made that move. However, that is always in my back pocket should things change. Don't get your panties in a wad simply because people enjoy the soccer he is teaching his boys. Stop watching the score board and start watching how they play, what they are trying to do, and how they are developing. Obviously they haven't perfected it, who has? Even professionals continue to practice. But these boys are 11 years old and younger. Their soccer IQ is probably tops in the league, but if you only watch the scoreboard, well, that says it all.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 14/11/18, 09:38 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:I’m also surprised that teams like Texans Salazar and Liverpool Heighway skipped this tournament altogether.

Not everyone needs to qualify for SuperCopa so they may have decided to do something else. My oldest son never qualified or played in this tournament, but was always invited and played in SuperCopa. A lot of teams get in off their resume.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 14/11/18, 09:51 am

So you see "barely enough to field a team" as an issue?   A lot see that as "playing time".  He keeps his roster small to maximize playing time.  Pedro, like everyone else, wants to reach as many kids as possible so yeah, he recruits.

He's recruiting more players, but likes his roster small. Right. If it was intentional to have a small roster why would he be recruiting? Barely enough to field a team is definitely an issue. One injury and your short the rest of the game. May be why this team is struggling so much. Ever think about that?? When you have the same 9 on the field the entire game with no subs it's an issue.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 14/11/18, 12:44 pm

schmuck wrote:
Mr. Miyagi wrote:I’m also surprised that teams like Texans Salazar and Liverpool Heighway skipped this tournament altogether.

Not everyone needs to qualify for SuperCopa so they may have decided to do something else.  My oldest son never qualified or played in this tournament, but was always invited and played in SuperCopa.   A lot of teams get in off their resume.

Makes sense. But riskey. I’ve also seen teams get left out when taking this approach.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 14/11/18, 01:10 pm

Perfectly acceptable, I just always felt when I coached that I would rather play my way in then leave up it up to others to decide that for me and with Dallas hosting this year just seems natural to me ....Either way, both are really good clubs and it will all work out.

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 14/11/18, 03:33 pm

Texans probably decided to play the Texans FallFestival. Not sure if that’s a club mandated tournament

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 14/11/18, 04:46 pm

AttaBoy wrote:So you see "barely enough to field a team" as an issue?   A lot see that as "playing time".  He keeps his roster small to maximize playing time.  Pedro, like everyone else, wants to reach as many kids as possible so yeah, he recruits.

He's recruiting more players, but likes his roster small. Right. If it was intentional to have a small roster why would he be recruiting? Barely enough to field a team is definitely an issue. One injury and your short the rest of the game. May be why this team is struggling so much. Ever think about that?? When you have the same 9 on the field the entire game with no subs it's an issue.

its possible he may be wanting to create more teams.  He may also only be looking for 1 or 2 people.  Injuries can also be addressed by pulling up players from his other teams.  Not sure why you are hating on him so much for what he's doing.  He's not hurting the sport.  And since you don't seem interested, why do you care what he does so much.  I actually enjoy the games when we are down to 1 or 2 subs because I know my son will get to play most the game, if not all of it.  Especially when he is tired.  That's when you really learn skills. Lots of kids can juggle when rested, but how well can they do it after running a mile or two? That's when concentration and focus comes into play. A lot of games are lost when focus is lost. Tight games with little or no subs means the kids must stay focused the entire time. I've watched my son play in very close games, tired and not having a sub. I watch how he has to dig deep and keep focus right to the end. I can see his soccer maturity happening during those moments. I love it.

Last edited by schmuck on 15/11/18, 08:58 am; edited 2 times in total

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 14/11/18, 04:47 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
schmuck wrote:

Not everyone needs to qualify for SuperCopa so they may have decided to do something else.  My oldest son never qualified or played in this tournament, but was always invited and played in SuperCopa.   A lot of teams get in off their resume.

Makes sense. But riskey. I’ve also seen teams get left out when taking this approach.

SuperCopa sent out invites weeks ago.  No risk if you already know you're invited.  Like mentioned, he is probably doing the Texans tournament.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/11/18, 10:17 pm

LiverpoolDad wrote:Ive seen some of the top teams put together tons of passes before scoring goals. I didn’t stand and count like you and Pedro do, but if you watch teams like the kicks and solar McKinney, they both play possession type games. So while it may be true that allegiance is developing better than some of the teams that beat them, you cannot discard the fact that a few other teams are both developing AND winning games.  

Which teams have put together tons of passes in one possession resulting in an earned goal? Please post a video. I have seen Allegiance do it over and over again but no other team. The games I've seen outside Allegiance are a back forth long ball game. The goalie kicks the ball to the edge of the attacking 3rd towards the forwards and they try to muscle in a goal or hope for a lucky bounce over the defender or a bad 1st touch from a defender. Most of the time the ball goes out for a goal kick or the goalie collects it, then the opposing team does the same, long ball downfield to the edge of the attacking 3rd and back and forth we go. Not Allegiance, they pass, they pass in the defensive 3rd under maximum pressure, I've seen them play it back to the goalie with 3 attackers in the box, that is risky, but that builds confidence. They do it calmly and confidently, very impressive. They have been scored on playing this way, but they are way ahead in developing over the rest of the D1 teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitalker 15/11/18, 11:47 pm

tikitalker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 16/11/18, 04:05 pm

Scuba you sure do love you some Pedro huh?? Hahaha. Give him some space lol. I don’t see all other teams recording their games, so you must be right: NO other team does it. Allegiance is the gold standard of excellence sitting at 12th place (by the way a 12th place finish next year earns them a D2 spot). It’s ridiculous to hear you on his jock like that. Give it a rest already. Other teams are teaching the same set of skills... while at the same time, teaching how to Win games

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 16/11/18, 04:24 pm

I have seen solar mckinney possess the ball for loooong spells and finish with a goal or shot on goal. They play possession out of the back even on goal kicks. Their goalkeeper is a huge part of their passing game in the back and rarely punts it, but rather distributes the ball with passes or throws. And that team manages to string together wins. I dont have any video of it, but just go watch one of their games and see for yourself. Maybe instead of just focusing on number of passes, pedro should teach his boys some other defense related skills. For you to sit here and praise his team for being the only team playing possesion is ridiculous. Other teams manage to do the exact same thing but have developed even further in the fact that they win

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 16/11/18, 08:21 pm

Schmuck and Scuba love Pedro more than Pedro loves Pedro. Didn’t know that was possible.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/11/18, 10:20 am

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:I have seen solar mckinney possess the ball for loooong spells and finish with a goal or shot on goal. They play possession out of the back even on goal kicks. Their goalkeeper is a huge part of their passing game in the back  and rarely punts it, but rather distributes the ball with passes or throws. And that team manages to string together wins. I dont have any video of it, but just go watch one of their games and see for yourself. Maybe instead of just focusing on number of passes, pedro should teach his boys some other defense related skills. For you to sit here and praise his team for being the only team playing possesion is ridiculous.  Other teams manage to do the exact same thing but have developed even further in the fact that they win

Fair enough, I should watch a complete Solar McKinney 08 game so I can see them pass the ball for loooooong spells.  I did find a Solar McKinney 07 vs Allegiance 07 video and Solar McKinney had 38 total passes for the game, is that what you call a loooong spell?  Or does the Solar McKinney 08 team pass better than the 07 team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7hFdBBmek&t=272s

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 17/11/18, 11:35 am

ScubaSteve wrote:
Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:I have seen solar mckinney possess the ball for loooong spells and finish with a goal or shot on goal. They play possession out of the back even on goal kicks. Their goalkeeper is a huge part of their passing game in the back  and rarely punts it, but rather distributes the ball with passes or throws. And that team manages to string together wins. I dont have any video of it, but just go watch one of their games and see for yourself. Maybe instead of just focusing on number of passes, pedro should teach his boys some other defense related skills. For you to sit here and praise his team for being the only team playing possesion is ridiculous.  Other teams manage to do the exact same thing but have developed even further in the fact that they win

Fair enough, I should watch a complete Solar McKinney 08 game so I can see them pass the ball for loooooong spells.  I did find a Solar McKinney 07 vs Allegiance 07 video and Solar McKinney had 38 total passes for the game, is that what you call a loooong spell?  Or does the Solar McKinney 08 team pass better than the 07 team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7hFdBBmek&t=272s

Seriously Scuba? Apples and oranges man. Is the 07 Allegiance team the same as the 08 Allegiance team? Obviously not so how could the Solar 07 team be the same as the 08 Solar team? So let me get this straight. You're going on and on about Allegiance vs. other 08 teams in D1, how they are way ahead in development and you haven't even watched a full game of other top D1 teams to compare them to? Comical.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 17/11/18, 05:07 pm

Why not watch a few videos of ummm IDK...maybe Solar 02 Stricker game from the Nationals, why even the conversation about his 07 teams in the 08 forums...His 08 team is MIA this weekend, who knows why, perhaps having a small roster equates to not having enough to play or perhaps he is still waiting on his Super Copa invite that was mailed out several weeks ago. When your home city hosting, cant imagine why you would not want to at least attempt to qualify and showcase your superior possession skills against the other top teams in your age group.....Either way, who really cares.......BUT after a day of play, major thumbs up to a few D2 teams stepping up and playing some really nice soccer "Rayos & FC Dallas ETX", looks like both turned in some nice play today in Super Copa QT....now for the other side of the thumb, Really nice effort by a D1 Evolution team stepping down in competition.....Other than someone was needing new hardware for the mantle, Very Happy I cant imagine what is up with that program.....

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/11/18, 10:44 pm

08soccerfollower wrote:Why not watch a few videos of ummm IDK...maybe Solar 02 Stricker game from the Nationals, why even the conversation about his 07 teams in the 08 forums...His 08 team is MIA this weekend, who knows why, perhaps having a small roster equates to not having enough to play or perhaps he is still waiting on his Super Copa invite that was mailed out several weeks ago. When your home city hosting, cant imagine why you would not want to at least attempt to qualify and showcase your superior possession skills against the other top teams in your age group.....Either way, who really cares.......BUT after a day of play, major thumbs up to a few D2 teams stepping up and playing some really nice soccer "Rayos & FC Dallas ETX", looks like both turned in some nice play today in Super Copa QT....now for the other side of the thumb, Really nice effort by a D1 Evolution team stepping down in competition.....Other than someone was needing new hardware for the mantle, Very Happy    I cant imagine what is up with that program.....

It was mentioned that Solar McKinney passes the ball a ton and I was on Allegiance's youtube channel so I scrolled through their videos to see if they recorded a match with Solar McKinney. Well sure enough there was one, but it was the 07 teams not the 08 teams, I clicked on it to watch and see how McKinney 07 plays because if it is the same coach the 2 teams probably played similarly. Well the stats said McKinney had less than 40 passes for the game, that is like my son's D1 team about 30 passes per game. That is why I posted it, I will check out McKinney 08 in person tomorrow, looking forward to it, love me some possession soccer.

So Edvaldo Pedro has 3 teams I see, 09 08 07. The 09 team is undefeated in Jr Classic and is playing up with the 08 teams in this tournament and his 07 team is currently in 4th with select Classic and they are also playing up with 06 teams in the tournament. Impressive, possession focused and winning!!! Pedro is doing a great job. Yup I do love Edvaldo!!

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw his 08 team passing the ball, putting together 20-30 pass possessions ending in a goal, that's my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing Solar tomorrow, I hope they play the same way.

Edvaldo's 08 team is not in the tournament but there is an Allegiance white team playing in the tournament, I bet he didn't have enough players to fill the roster, probably had a couple of kids traveling for Thanksgiving.

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 18/11/18, 11:11 am

"""" Edvaldo Pedro has 3 teams I see, 09 08 07. The 09 team is undefeated in Jr Classic and is playing up with the 08 teams in this tournament"""

His 09 team in this tournament is playing up in age division U11, however he is playing in the development bracket with ALL 09 teams, no 08 teams and currently he has a good 1-1-1 record but again its all 09 teams.....this is probably the only team at this young age I have seen in recent times and they are a super fun team to watch. What will be interesting is to see how many of the kids he is able to hang on to for the next few years with no DA affiliation and strong recruiting from the "under developed" larger clubs. Very Happy ..but at this age, that is a impressive team for sure.....His 08 white team, is not a factor in this tournament or in D2, so makes sense as to why he would not pull any kids from that team to help field his 08 team just for tournament play.

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCForça 18/11/18, 03:19 pm

Looks like FC Dallas Suarez is undisputed North Texas 1st place in the mythical rankings now. TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 10 72554c10

FCForça
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08keeperdad 18/11/18, 03:40 pm

Suarez certainly seems to have Solar McKinney dialed in.

08keeperdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 18/11/18, 05:25 pm

Suarez does appear to be a problem for McKinney Not undisputed top team in Texas though. They are not even 1st in classic league and have not won anything big tournament wise. (Unless they win this one). Looks like they got a little help advancing as the wild card in this tournament. They only won one game in group play but managed to squeak through as the wildcard ahead of rayos on tie breaker thanks to a 3-0 “win” against a TBD mythical team.

IF any team was going to be considered undisputed top in Texas, it would have to be kicks, considering they are undefeated in classic league play AND lost only to an Oklahoma team in the league challenge cup. But it’s definitely not suarez, who have posted recent loss to evolution and tie against Juliao.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCForça 18/11/18, 05:42 pm

Let’s see how Suarez does in final before we crown the OK team.

Last edited by FCForça on 18/11/18, 07:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

FCForça
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 18/11/18, 06:54 pm

OK dominated the game 4-1

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/18, 06:59 pm

Is there video of the final?

Back to top Go down

Post by FCForça 18/11/18, 08:02 pm

Yes. OK Energy walked through the field. I think it showed the top 2 spots are solid.

Rayos did get the short end of the stick after playing very well in a tough group.

Last edited by FCForça on 18/11/18, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

FCForça
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 18/11/18, 08:28 pm

The 2 teams that played in the final also both were in the group that got a bye. So they played fewer games than everyone else up to the championship game Rayos definitely got screwed.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next