North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview

Go down

U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview Empty U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 02/09/20, 03:27 pm

2020-2021 U17 Season Preview for the ECNL Texas Conference.  1st this is all meant to be fun so do not go bonkers on me… but if you must I understand as these are covid times we are dealing with, and people are just a little on the edge.
2019-2020 got cut short for both DA and ECNL and with that DA blows up and now here we all are back to being one happy competition family… seriously the gang is all back together, sort of.  Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces on the pitch this year but let us talk about where teams stood before it all got shut down.

ECNL Top Dogs…  
Albion was top dog is my understanding.  I have not seen them play in a long time but last time we did they played a possession style and were rather good at it.  Their style and success have garnered their team a lot of attention and obviously a lot of success this past season.  But they are entering a new world of competition.  As one poster mentioned they are a close match to Real CO, I don’t agree with that, the next closes Real Co like team in this conference would be FC Dallas, just without the Star of the Real CO team at the Attacking Mid spot (AKA National Team player and Duke Commit).   Anyway, I expect Albion to be very successful this year but for their sake I worry about their depth, they only have 16 on their roster with so many games in so short of time this fall it could be trouble if they encounter any injuries.

Solar if memory serves me right was sitting in 2nd or 3rd place and had a great deal of success in the 2019-2020 campaign especially in the January and February showcases garnering tons of College attention and playing some impressive soccer as I heard thru the grapevine.  With that said the top players from that team have now rejoined forces (many had played DA in previous years) with last year’s DA team to get the band all back together…  Verdict is out yet on how that will ultimately end up.  This group has high aspirations and has the pedigree and support system to foster great success this season.

Sting Dallas (now Sting Black) I can’t seem to find the final standings, but I seem to recall they were also in the top 3 when things came to a halt.   Lots of familiar faces here on this year’s roster and not all played for Sting last year.  The new additions should help this team stay competitive, but it might take a little time for them to get accustomed to a new coach style and new style of play.   In the end Sting Black should be extremely competitive but top 3 might be a stretch.

D’Feeters, not sure where they stood at the end of last years season but this group has always been very competitive, they play the right way and a great group of kids, add in my favorite Cereal and now you have an immediate upgrade in their attack.  One of the best players, in my opinion, on this team is a Solar product and I can’t wait to see if she still has that flip throw in her back pocket!   All in all, I think Feet will be in the hunt for a Champions league birth this year.

DA Top Dogs…
FC Dallas came into 2019 season with aspirations for a return to the DA playoffs. They were in the top 3 last year in arguably the toughest division in DA, outstanding athletes in multiple positions and extremely dangerous on set plays.   They only lost 3 games last year and 2 of those came at the hands of Solar.  They along with Solar were headed for a qtr final matchup in the DA Cup Championship until Covid hit and ruined all the fun.   FC Dallas lost a few players but added a few from within the club.   Ultimately, I see FCD advancing to Champions league and performing well in National events this year.

Solar came into the 2019 season with high aspirations to compete and win a National Championship.  They did very well in the DA Cup Pool play and went into the Winter Cup Games as the #1 seed and advanced to the Spring DA Cup Playoffs to ultimately be left watching Covid happen along with everyone else.    This team added top talent from both inside and outside the club and is poised to pick up where they left off last year.   Injury bug has bitten this team a few times in 2020 so although they have a deep team they have multiple on the mend.   In the end Solar will finish the season in Champions League and show very well in National events.

How do I see this season ending up with DA and ECNL players back together playing out a full season (knock on wood!).
Champions League Playoffs (Advancing to play for the National Championship):
1. Solar – Stocked with top talent, this team is going to be extremely entertaining to watch and hard to beat.  Toughest games will be FCD, Feet and Albion
2. FCD – A top team in DA and expect that to continue.  Their toughest games will be Feet, Sting Black and Solar.  
3. Feet – I think it is going to be interesting to see how this weekend’s game goes but expect Feet to win all the games they should and win close ones against Albion, Sting(s).  
4. Sting(s) (wildcard) – I am awaiting my verdict on which sting but suspect one of them
North American Cup (Showcase)
1. Sting (other color) – expect this to come down to the wire with one making CL and other ending up on NAC.
2. Albion – Long season and meat of the ECNL schedule is bunched into the Fall and with only 16 on their roster their depth could hurt them.  
3. Texans – Not sure why but have a hunch they might work their way into this spot with a few ties along the way versus teams better than them.
Showcase Cup (Showcase)
1. TSC – I would like to put them higher but not sure it is in the cards this year
2. Challenge SC – I am probably most off on these guys as I really do not know enough about them (They likely could take over the Texans spot but then again so could CE)
3. Classic Elite – Same story as Challenge I just do not know enough about them but I will go with my hunch and say this is probably fair close.  Maybe they switch places with Texans or it is a very close 3 horse race for that last spot in NAC
Open Cup (Playoffs for Top RL teams from each division and last few of ECNL Standings)
1. Sting Austin – Not sure but fairly sure this is about right… maybe they switch places with one of the Showcase teams if they really did add enough talent from Lonestar
2. Celtic – Oklahoma will struggle I feel like there is just not enough talent to fill the 2 GAL, 2 ECNL and whatever leagues they have up there…
3. Solar ECRL will win ECNL RL and advance to Open Cup under Pulp
4. USC RL Winner (not sure who this will be but it will be from that league… per the rules)

I wish all the girls a very healthy and successful season and for those traveling this weekend, travel safe! Looking forward to some good banter as we finish up these last 1.5 to 2 of years of ECNL with this age group.  It has been a good ride so far for use parents watching our girls and all their friends and competitors grow up.

Last edited by FriscoSoccer2004 on 03/09/20, 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting making it a little easier to read... and a typo :))
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview Empty Re: U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview

Post by AngelinaGoalee 02/09/20, 04:18 pm

That was pretty thorough!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview Empty Re: U17 (04) ECNL Texas Conference Preview

Post by Tanner 05/09/20, 06:03 pm

Well so far the ECNL website stinks. No scores have been posted for games played in August and so far nothing for today’s games. With that being the case does anyone have any scores from today’s games. I’m curious about FCD Vs. DKSC and the various Sting games.
Tanner
Tanner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by G21DD 05/09/20, 06:45 pm

Tanner wrote:Well so far the ECNL website stinks. No scores have been posted for games played in August and so far nothing for today’s games. With that being the case does anyone have any scores from today’s games. I’m curious about FCD Vs. DKSC and the various Sting games.

Check the clubs social media. FCD posted their scores. I think Sting postponed.

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 05/09/20, 07:20 pm

7-0 Solar over TSC

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 05/09/20, 10:49 pm

FCd 4 - 3 Feet

Sting is going to be played Monday at 3 at five star is the word.

Sting Austin vs Albion was cancelled due to rain. Haven’t heard anything on CE vs challenge.

Heard Texans 2-0 over Celtic.

Let me know if I missed anything or heard wrong.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down