North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Closed Texan Practices - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Closed Texan Practices

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Closed Texan Practices - Page 7 Empty Re: Closed Texan Practices

Post by tornado11 15/07/13, 09:19 pm

TNT wrote:
metro wrote:TFC has had this policy as a club handed down from the DOC for many years with "Parent Viewing Areas" at there facilities. For awhile it bothered me, then it became an issue for me when I started having concerns about how a coach was treating and talking to my daughter. No grown up should talk to a child the way he talked and this policy enabled him to say things I know for a fact he would not say if I or other parents were within a hearing distance from practices. Mid season transfer and both daughter and myself felt much better with new coach. I still have issues with any policy that isolates my child from me and inhibits my ability to protect them physically and emotionally.

Well said.....give up the coach please so we can detour around him, I have had enough of the jack wagon coaches and their oversized loud mouthed egos, if they are going to act like a fool, then they should be exposed.

...no...they should be unemployed. I am shocked at the number of negative, yelling, screaming, verbally abusive 'coaches' involved in club soccer in N.Tx...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 15/07/13, 09:39 pm

You really had to bring up this 18 month old post to blab more about your anticlub sentiment? Will you ever get a clue or just continue to tout your idiotic agenda?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 15/07/13, 09:44 pm

Blank77 wrote:You really had to bring up this 18 month old post to blab more about your anticlub sentiment?  Will you ever get a clue or just continue to tout your idiotic agenda?

so you are in favor or these idiots..?? or don't believe there are any of them out there..?

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 15/07/13, 09:50 pm

Oh, they exist...but it/they have nothing to do with open or closed practices.  No matter the system,  some coaches will be a better fit for a particular DD and an idiot to one may be just what is needed for another.  There is no blanket model,  but I am for the closed practices.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 16/07/13, 07:13 am

Blank77 wrote:Oh, they exist...but it/they have nothing to do with open or closed practices.  No matter the system,  some coaches will be a better fit for a particular DD and an idiot to one may be just what is needed for another.  There is no blanket model,  but I am for the closed practices.

So am I provided they are not used to disguise the verbal abuse of kids. There is no doubt that the pressure put on kids by their own well intentioned but misguided parents both in practices and games is a problem. (obviously not all parents)..

I overhead the following conversation between two 10-11 year old girls walking off the field for a water break during a soccer camp I was running a few years ago..

Girl 1) 'What's your favorite position?"
Girl 2) 'Outside mid"
Girl 1) 'Which side'?
Girl 2) 'The side opposite the parents'

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by takinkickbacks 02/08/13, 08:23 pm

I received a email from a friend and it looks like the Texans are up to their old tricks.  Wasn’t it about two years ago that they banned all parents from Ross Stewart?  Now they have banned all siblings of players below the age of 16 from their training facilities “for the safety of the kids” of course.  Yeah right!  The ego-maniacs are at it again.  No wonder Liverpool has been producing so many more high quality academy teams. Great job Texans!  Keep sending them away!  I’m sure LW can find  a place for them to play.  Razz

takinkickbacks
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by toomuchsoccer 02/08/13, 10:32 pm

takinkickbacks wrote:I received a email from a friend and it looks like the Texans are up to their old tricks.  Wasn’t it about two years ago that they banned all parents from Ross Stewart?  Now they have banned all siblings of players below the age of 16 from their training facilities “for the safety of the kids” of course.  Yeah right!  The ego-maniacs are at it again.  No wonder Liverpool has been producing so many more high quality academy teams. Great job Texans!  Keep sending them away!  I’m sure LW can find  a place for them to play.  Razz

Sheesh, another Liver top Academy post..... PB has been a smart businessman, lets see;

1. Form Club CHECK
2. Open indoor centers in key areas CHECK
3. Be an integral player in formation of SDL sanctioning with US Club to skirt local USYSA rules concerning academy. CHECK
4. Form a team every square mile hiring anyone that can form a team. CHECK
5. Troll the U4/5 rec sidelines and tell the parents their kids are too good for rec. CHECK
6. Lock in the little guys and gals two years before anyone else is forming teams. CHECK

That about sums up Livers domination of the U4-U10 Academy scene.

toomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 02/08/13, 10:45 pm

takinkickbacks wrote:I received a email from a friend and it looks like the Texans are up to their old tricks.  Wasn’t it about two years ago that they banned all parents from Ross Stewart?  Now they have banned all siblings of players below the age of 16 from their training facilities “for the safety of the kids” of course.  Yeah right!  The ego-maniacs are at it again.  No wonder Liverpool has been producing so many more high quality academy teams. Great job Texans!  Keep sending them away!  I’m sure LW can find  a place for them to play.  Razz

If they can really play they will end up on Texans anyway. If you know North Texas ball then you deep down know I'm right. Liverpool means absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things. Liverpool is just a minor league team for the Texans!
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 02/08/13, 11:20 pm

The Texans had a 20 year head start.
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 03/08/13, 03:04 am

Joan Of Arc wrote:

If they can really play they will end up on Texans anyway. If you know North Texas  ball then you deep down know I'm right. Liverpool means absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things. Liverpool is just a minor league team for the Texans!

This is basically BS. The ONLY thing that will happen faster than the speed with which the Texans will recruit your kid is the speed with which they will cut your kid should they find someone who is marginally better.

The Texans are a blight on youth soccer.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/13, 07:43 am

tornado11 wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:

If they can really play they will end up on Texans anyway. If you know North Texas  ball then you deep down know I'm right. Liverpool means absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things. Liverpool is just a minor league team for the Texans!

This is basically BS. The ONLY thing that will happen faster than the speed with which the Texans will recruit your kid is the speed with which they will cut your kid should they find someone who is marginally better.

Okay dude, you are right all clubs have their deficiencies and yes the big clubs are a business. These large clubs started small and are where their at for some reason. You definitely have a axe to grind. I understand venting your frustrations and it is good not to keep it all inside, but dude your hate could be the death of you. By the way, it might go along way with your credibility on the board to give everyone a understanding to what club you are loyal too due to everyone else is the devil. God speed and keep on posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moe 03/08/13, 08:01 am

I look at it this way...if I want to see my kid practice,I will.

Moe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.montanahunt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 03/08/13, 08:27 am

tornado11 wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:

Not sure why you are singling out the Texans here?

Our kids have played for most of the big clubs, and agree they are a business.

For their top teams, and even for some of their mid level teams, recruiting and cutting is just a part of the business model.  

If that is not something you want to be a part of, most clubs also have mid to lower level teams that strive for continuity, provide good training and a less stressful environment.  Both types of teams provide revenue streams to the clubs, and it is really up to you to research which kind of team/coach you are looking at.

If what you are saying is you want a top team that does not work the roster (recruit/cut) regularly to some degree then you are going to have a long search, or your dd better be one of the best 50 players at her age in the metroplex where it won't be a worry or impact her.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 03/08/13, 12:39 pm

Many years ago I coached my youngest son's (he's now 25) classic league team for 3 years (6 seasons)....I used my quote about the 'speed with which the Texans would recruit" etc, etc, to the parents prior to each year....I had 3 players who could have played for any team and the talk was given to all the parents but really aimed at the parents of these 3.....I never lost a single player to ANY other club, Texans included (and they were always sniffing around)...never cut a single player..(I lost two who's dad had to move out of the area with his job) and had a blast. We weren't great, always around the middle of D2....but the kids had a lot of fun and always gave their best...we had started off in Plano and it took us two years to qualify for Classic...then had 3 years in Classic...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7