North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Closed Texan Practices - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Closed Texan Practices

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Closed Texan Practices - Page 4 Empty Re: Closed Texan Practices

Post by mudhead 27/07/11, 08:02 am

giggedy wrote:Instead, everyone runs amok with their own interpretation of what they most likely skimmed or didn't even read. Now, it seems that this club employs child molesters and is looking for ways to separate the children from their parents and do dastardly things. Some of you should be ashamed of the implications you made against this club.

Take a deep breath. No one is making any accusations against this club. People are expressing their opinons about this club's policies regarding parental attendance at practices. Based on my experience I would not allow my daughter to play for a club with this type of policy. The club was up front and included the written policy in the contract. There are lots of clubs out there, so everyone is free to choose clubs that fit their values and philosophies. To each their own.

mudhead
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 27/07/11, 09:16 am

giggedy wrote:Did anyone actually read Bustya's post from the Texan's? I'm assuming it is word for word from their contracts. Well, I don't see where it bans the parents from practices anywhere. Am I missing something? It seems to me that there is quite a bit of assuming going on? Where does it say that the parents are not welcome or can not attend practices? It basically says that there are a few times that the parents are "asked" to be present. That does not necessarily say, or even imply, that they aren't to be there at any of the other practices.

I have asked some of my Texan friends about this. None of them have ever been run from a practice or even been asked not to be there. Can't any of you knee-jerkers do a little investigation yourselves?

Instead, everyone runs amok with their own interpretation of what they most likely skimmed or didn't even read. Now, it seems that this club employs child molesters and is looking for ways to separate the children from their parents and do dastardly things. Some of you should be ashamed of the implications you made against this club.

The wording in the statement is very evasive.

The real question to understand from someone in the know is:

Are parents welcome to watch any and all of their childrens practices including ones at the Ross Stewart complex?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 27/07/11, 09:38 am

Lefty wrote:The wording in the statement is very evasive.

Are parents welcome to watch any and all of their childrens practices including ones at the Ross Stewart complex?

Beyond evasive, IMO the contract language is ambiguous.

The answer to your question, though, is no, at least (so far) with respect to practices at Ross Stewart.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 10:39 am

Doesn't seem to be a club-wide policy.

For our Texans North team, I never saw any document with any such wording on it, nor did I or any of our parents sign a document with any such wording on it. Not even anything suggesting or asking that parents stay away from practice

Of course, there would be absolutely no way to enforce something like this practicing at a wide open, public facility like Carpenter Park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 27/07/11, 11:05 am

Lefty wrote:
giggedy wrote:Did anyone actually read Bustya's post from the Texan's? I'm assuming it is word for word from their contracts. Well, I don't see where it bans the parents from practices anywhere. Am I missing something? It seems to me that there is quite a bit of assuming going on? Where does it say that the parents are not welcome or can not attend practices? It basically says that there are a few times that the parents are "asked" to be present. That does not necessarily say, or even imply, that they aren't to be there at any of the other practices.

I have asked some of my Texan friends about this. None of them have ever been run from a practice or even been asked not to be there. Can't any of you knee-jerkers do a little investigation yourselves?

Instead, everyone runs amok with their own interpretation of what they most likely skimmed or didn't even read. Now, it seems that this club employs child molesters and is looking for ways to separate the children from their parents and do dastardly things. Some of you should be ashamed of the implications you made against this club.

The wording in the statement is very evasive.

Not to mention grammatically incorrect.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 12:24 pm

bwgophers wrote:Doesn't seem to be a club-wide policy.

For our Texans North team, I never saw any document with any such wording on it, nor did I or any of our parents sign a document with any such wording on it. Not even anything suggesting or asking that parents stay away from practice

Of course, there would be absolutely no way to enforce something like this practicing at a wide open, public facility like Carpenter Park.

If I'm not mistaken, and that's entirely possible, it's a Ross Stewart policy and not a club-wide policy. If your team elects to practice at RS, no, parents are not allowed to watch. It's my understanding that clubs like Man U. have been doing this for some time now, and apparently it's working, at least in the soccer development area.

I appreciate all of the very reasoned and thoughtful arguments against such a policy, but I also understand why such a move is attractive to both coaches and players. At what point do we let go? (Ten does sound a bit young, but is it really?) Does you daughter really want you there? Do they really need you there? (Think of their reaction when you even suggest walking them to class. Now imagine asking if you could stay to watch.) Might they feel additional pressure when you are? Even if it's not our intention to provide such added pressure, and it rarely is, might our mere presence and our children's desire to please us provide another obstacle to their growth, and perhaps even happiness, on the pitch?

Someone suggested that they don't know their coach, and that's appropriate. How could you, really? (My assumption, and this is a bit dangerous, I know, is that he or she is doing what they do because they love the game and want to share their understanding of and passion for it with young players.) But you do know your child, and you're empowering them to be strong, independent self-advocates. Perhaps they're not yet there, but they are in a process of becoming, and this might help them along their way. It might help you too. Who knows?

I too struggle with my little one growing up too fast, and this seems like yet another reminder of that. But I'm so proud of the person she's becoming and her journey into and through the world of soccer is a big part of that.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by ZenFutbol on 27/07/11, 09:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 01:05 pm

it is now easy to piece together what is going on. the BS about letting your child develop is...BS. Since they only enforce this at Ross Stewart the real reason is to keep people off the precious fields, pure and simple

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 27/07/11, 01:14 pm

POP, POP, POP, the sound of bubble bursting. Sad
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dadof12 27/07/11, 01:58 pm

blondefish wrote:
BastaYa! wrote:"...... While the support and excitement of the parents is appreciated, we will only on occasion ask that the parents be present for training because we try to reduce the pressure and expectancy that young players can feel when they play with the Dallas Texans so they can relax and enjoy playing in an uninhibited way.... Any training session where the attendance of the parents is requested will be announced beforehand."

No disrespect to this Club at all, but here it clearly states twice that parents are not usually present during practices.
I can appreciate the Club wanting to limit distractions. However, how can I as a parent be an educated consumer when it comes to making sure the coach & team are the right fit for my player if all I get to see are the games? Should I simply base my decisions on their win-loss record?
Unfortunately now that the courtship is over and the ink has dried on the contract, the only way you'll know what's going on at practice will be on the nike-cam descretely hidden in her shin guards.
But, different strokes for different folks.

WOW.. PEOPLE!!! All this says is that we will need to be some of them. It DOES NOT say we CANT be there. Not to mention We never signed any thing like that any way. I dont know where this came from but its not the current Dallas Texans contract at least not the one we signed.

Dadof12
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 27/07/11, 02:15 pm

Dadof12 wrote:
blondefish wrote:
BastaYa! wrote:"...... While the support and excitement of the parents is appreciated, we will only on occasion ask that the parents be present for training because we try to reduce the pressure and expectancy that young players can feel when they play with the Dallas Texans so they can relax and enjoy playing in an uninhibited way.... Any training session where the attendance of the parents is requested will be announced beforehand."

No disrespect to this Club at all, but here it clearly states twice that parents are not usually present during practices.
I can appreciate the Club wanting to limit distractions. However, how can I as a parent be an educated consumer when it comes to making sure the coach & team are the right fit for my player if all I get to see are the games? Should I simply base my decisions on their win-loss record?
Unfortunately now that the courtship is over and the ink has dried on the contract, the only way you'll know what's going on at practice will be on the nike-cam descretely hidden in her shin guards.

WOW.. PEOPLE!!! All this says is that we will need to be some of them. It DOES NOT say we CANT be there. Not to mention We never signed any thing like that any way. I dont know where this came from but its not the current Dallas Texans contract at least not the one we signed.

Is your DD on the top Texan team in her age group and do they practice at Ross Stewart?

If so, you seem to have laid this rumor to rest.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 27/07/11, 02:16 pm

Dadof12 wrote:
blondefish wrote:

We practice at RS, and It is the one we signed. The contract says what Bastaya said it says.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 27/07/11, 02:30 pm

ralfdallas wrote:
Dadof12 wrote:
blondefish wrote:

We practice at RS, and It is the one we signed. The contract says what Bastaya said it says.

Have you attended a practice there since 7/25?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyforfun 27/07/11, 03:45 pm

ZenFutbol wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, and that's entirely possible, it's a Ross Stewart policy and not a club-wide policy. If your team elects to practice at RS, no, parents are not allowed to watch. It's my understanding that clubs like Man U. have been doing this for some time now, and apparently it's working, at least in the soccer development area.
I appreciate all of the very reasoned and thoughtful arguments against such a policy, but I also understand why such a move is attractive to both coaches and players. At what point do we let go? (Ten does some a bit young, but is it really?) Does you daughter really want you there? Do they really need you there? (Think of their reaction when you even suggest walking them to class. Now imagine asking if you could stay to watch.) Might they feel additional pressure when you are? Even if it's not our intention to provide such added pressure, and it rarely is, might our mere presence and our children's desire to please us provide another obstacle to their growth, and perhaps even happiness, on the pitch?

Someone suggested that they don't know their coach, and that's appropriate. How could you, really? (My assumption, and this is a bit dangerous, I know, is that he or she is doing what they do because they love the game and want to share their understanding of and passion for it with young players.) But you do know your child, and you're empowering them to be strong, independent self-advocates. Perhaps they're not yet there, but they are in a process of becoming, and this might help them along their way. It might help you too. Who knows?

I too struggle with my little one growing up too fast, and this seems like yet another reminder of that. But I'm so proud of the person she's becoming and her journey into and through the world of soccer is a big part of that.

Good luck to everyone!

If the Texans were paying the players like Man U. rather than the parents paying for the players to play this would be a different discussion.

onlyforfun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 03:49 pm

Now that I have read it several times. I don't see a problem with it. See everyone at the first practice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 27/07/11, 03:56 pm

#2420 wrote:Now that I have read it several times. I don't see a problem with it. See everyone at the first practice!

My thoughts exactly.....Neutral
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 04:52 pm

Wow! 6 pages on this subject since yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 05:20 pm

springzephyr wrote:Wow! 6 pages on this subject since yesterday.

Time for league play to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 27/07/11, 05:31 pm

#2420 wrote:Now that I have read it several times. I don't see a problem with it. See everyone at the first practice!

Cool, I'll meet you in the parking lot with the rest of the parents. (I went to my first practice yesterday.)

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mudhead 27/07/11, 05:51 pm

DOTS wrote:
springzephyr wrote:Wow! 6 pages on this subject since yesterday.

Time for league play to start.
Laughing

mudhead
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/11, 06:21 pm

Blitzed wrote:

Cool, I'll meet you in the parking lot with the rest of the parents. (I went to my first practice yesterday.)
So it went pretty well?

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 27/07/11, 08:19 pm

Duplicate entry - danged hotel connection (it is on La Jolla beach, so I can't complain)!

Last edited by clueless on 27/07/11, 08:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 27/07/11, 08:19 pm

If they can just do the same for all games, it would be a tremendous boon to our daughter's self confidence and growth.

Always enjoy the reactions from parents during drills and scrimmages - do people really think they 'need' you present?

I'll admit, I was pretty upset when a grade school asked me to leave - they didn't want to hear about me paying taxes for the kids to be there and there was something about my kids not attending that school...blah, blah, blah....

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 27/07/11, 09:41 pm

Closed Texan Practices - Page 4 Cat_pa10

Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe West 28/07/11, 12:20 am

onlyforfun wrote:
ZenFutbol wrote:

I appreciate all of the very reasoned and thoughtful arguments against such a policy, but I also understand why such a move is attractive to both coaches and players. At what point do we let go? (Ten does some a bit young, but is it really?) Does you daughter really want you there? Do they really need you there? (Think of their reaction when you even suggest walking them to class. Now imagine asking if you could stay to watch.) Might they feel additional pressure when you are? Even if it's not our intention to provide such added pressure, and it rarely is, might our mere presence and our children's desire to please us provide another obstacle to their growth, and perhaps even happiness, on the pitch?

Good luck to everyone!

If the Texans were paying the players like Man U. rather than the parents paying for the players to play this would be a different discussion.

I heard that next year all payments will have to be made in Euro's, just like they do at Man U.

Twitter Joe_DD_West
Joe West
Joe West
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ads 28/07/11, 06:48 am

Dadof12 wrote:
blondefish wrote:

You all sign contracts for kids soccer? THATS CRAZY

Ads
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/11, 07:10 am

Joe West wrote:
onlyforfun wrote:
ZenFutbol wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

I heard that next year all payments will have to be made in Euro's, just like they do at Man U.

They use the Pound, not the Euro. Nice effort, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next