North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs.... Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs....

Go down

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs.... Empty I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs....

Post by good4nuthin 04/05/12, 02:58 pm

Very Happy

Years of experience teaches that this is by far the best approach to parenting a young player:

• Release your player to the game.
• The best job for you is that of a fully supportive parent.
• After a match or practice, limit your part of the conversation to: “I love to watch you play soccer. What would you like to eat?”

Below are important points to follow in order to keep the sport fun and productive.

1. Refrain from sideline coaching. It undermines what coaches are trying to accomplish and takes away from the game. Instead, be positive and acknowledge good plays.
2. Let the kids play. Release your player to the game. Most players are confused and/or embarrassed by parents yelling from the sideline. If players have been well coached, they will know what to do on the field. If a player makes a mistake, let him/her learn from it in their own way.
3. Absolutely no yelling at or arguing with referees or linesmen. Be respectful and patient. If you have a question about a call, quietly discuss it with your Team Ref. We do not want kids arguing with refs, so set a good example. There has never been a case where a parent has disputed a referee’s decision and convinced him to change his mind. Relax and enjoy the game.
4. Refrain from criticizing the other team, their parents, or their coaches. Be respectful of our visitors while we’re at home and of our hosts while we are away. Remember that you represent Northwest United FC and your team.
5. Please do not complain about other players on your player’s team. Negative comments and attitudes are harmful and erode parent harmony, which in turn erodes team unity. At most of the ages of our teams, players are still developing. We all bring something positive to the table, so let’s be supportive of all players at all levels.
6. Please do not complain about your team’s coach to other parents. If you are unhappy with decisions your coach is making, arrange an appointment to meet privately away from the field.
7. One last word of caution. Your child has just played a tough game. Whether they have won or lost, please think about what you say to your player and try to stay positive. Every now and again, a player will have a bad game. That is part of playing a sport. Be there for your player and support him.

The above are some of the cautions. Below are some things that you can do to contribute to the game.

1. Cheer for good plays, good hustle, good effort, goals, saves, shots – on both teams.
2. Cheer for any play or player that is deserving, not just your son or daughter.
3. Acknowledge a great play by the opposing team.
4. Be there for moral support and positive reinforcement.
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs.... Empty Re: I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs....

Post by jj4mel 04/05/12, 03:06 pm

I think those rules only apply to goalie parents!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs.... Empty Re: I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs....

Post by Guest 04/05/12, 03:07 pm

good4nuthin wrote: Very Happy

Years of experience teaches that this is by far the best approach to parenting a young player:

• After a match or practice, limit your part of the conversation to: “I love to watch you play soccer. What would you like to eat?”

Below are important points to follow in order to keep the sport fun and productive.

1. Refrain from sideline coaching. It undermines what coaches are trying to accomplish and takes away from the game. Instead, be positive and acknowledge good plays.
2. Let the kids play. Release your player to the game. Most players are confused and/or embarrassed by parents yelling from the sideline. If players have been well coached, they will know what to do on the field. If a player makes a mistake, let him/her learn from it in their own way.
3. Absolutely no yelling at or arguing with referees or linesmen. Be respectful and patient. If you have a question about a call, quietly discuss it with your Team Ref. We do not want kids arguing with refs, so set a good example. There has never been a case where a parent has disputed a referee’s decision and convinced him to change his mind. Relax and enjoy the game.
4. Refrain from criticizing the other team, their parents, or their coaches. Be respectful of our visitors while we’re at home and of our hosts while we are away. Remember that you represent Northwest United FC and your team.
5. Please do not complain about other players on your player’s team. Negative comments and attitudes are harmful and erode parent harmony, which in turn erodes team unity. At most of the ages of our teams, players are still developing. We all bring something positive to the table, so let’s be supportive of all players at all levels.
6. Please do not complain about your team’s coach to other parents. If you are unhappy with decisions your coach is making, arrange an appointment to meet privately away from the field.
7. One last word of caution. Your child has just played a tough game. Whether they have won or lost, please think about what you say to your player and try to stay positive. Every now and again, a player will have a bad game. That is part of playing a sport. Be there for your player and support him.

The above are some of the cautions. Below are some things that you can do to contribute to the game.

1. Cheer for good plays, good hustle, good effort, goals, saves, shots – on both teams.
2. Cheer for any play or player that is deserving, not just your son or daughter.

Thanks for the reminder! I recently had a coach ask me if I went to my dd school during a test and yell at her over her desk as she took the test...did I tell her what answer to pick or ask her what she was thinking when she picked a certain answer...did I then go to the teacher and ask why my dd was picking that answer instead of what I told her???

No, I'd be crazy to do that right? I trusted her to take her tests..I trusted her teacher to teach her the material on the test. He told me it should be the same in soccer.

hmmmm.... gosh that makes sense. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 04/05/12, 03:14 pm

One of our coaches used to bring a bag of blowpops to the game. Offenders would be handed one. Only took a few games for everybody to catch on... Laughing
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 04/05/12, 03:17 pm

jj4mel wrote: I think those rules only apply to goalie parents!!

Goalie Mom's (at least one I know of) usually take care of any - even slightly questionable behavior from their other half...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 04/05/12, 03:56 pm

Be careful not to fall off of that horse. It seems to be a pretty high one
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 04/05/12, 05:39 pm

Seven wrote:

Don't worry, I am a professional faller offer...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 04/05/12, 06:10 pm

good4nuthin wrote:
Seven wrote:

Don't worry, I am a professional faller offer...

Ha not bad
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

I expect to see this soccer etiquette this weekend... or I will throw you to the forum dogs.... Empty I don't get it ...

Post by Socceristheword 10/05/12, 12:20 pm

Why do these rules apply mostly to goalie parents? Only misbehavior I've seen comes from parents of players on the field not in the box. Curious.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruDeezy15 10/05/12, 12:43 pm

no chance for most, so just bring the video recorders and make sure they are rolling at the beginning, middle, and end.
TruDeezy15
TruDeezy15
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/05/12, 12:58 pm

TruDeezy15 wrote:no chance for most, so just bring the video recorders and make sure they are rolling at the beginning, middle, and end.

And don't forget to keep it rolling in the parking lot! Wouldn't want to miss any of the fun there too!

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 10/05/12, 01:34 pm

Socceristheword wrote:Why do these rules apply mostly to goalie parents? Only misbehavior I've seen comes from parents of players on the field not in the box. Curious.

Side joke to goodfornuthin. He's a goalie parent.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down