North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

moving on over Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

moving on over

Go down

moving on over Empty moving on over

Post by pringlelover 26/06/12, 02:00 pm

heard 2 Higgy starter going to SRSA Colvin as a pair late this week.
Do not know why and one of Colvin's players left already worried her spot would be taken.
Guess they think grass is greener or fairer at the least.
Anyone confirm?

pringlelover
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

moving on over Empty Re: moving on over

Post by Whoseurdaddy 26/06/12, 02:25 pm

I have not heard this rumor. I would assume it is wrong. Suspect

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 26/06/12, 02:35 pm

I think this might be an attempt to stir up crap the week before signing.
They just won a tourney-what's not to be happy about??
However SRSA did lose c mid to Andro recently,.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 26/06/12, 02:38 pm

I did hear that one. Andro will be challenging for D1 in qualifying I imagine.

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 26/06/12, 02:55 pm

pringlelover wrote:heard 2 Higgy starter going to SRSA Colvin as a pair late this week.
Do not know why and one of Colvin's players left already worried her spot would be taken.
Anyone confirm?

TRUE TRUE TRUE. Once the workday ends I will write an ad Colvins should email hig's parents.funny but true.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 29/06/12, 04:18 pm

Matt Colvin will develop all kids -not just 3 or 4 players
Kids will not be allowed to dribble endlessly and eracticallly with no reprecussions.
Colvin will base game playing time according to practices and who's on
IE -same kids are not given a hall pass to play all game simply cuz they have been good in the past.
Everyone is given a chance to prove themselves-he does not care about pleasing a select few parents.
he does not base playing time or players evaluations on past coaches opinions-he bases it in current play and practices.
If this appeals to you or if it is not like this on your team-THINK Colvin.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 29/06/12, 04:27 pm

yo#10 wrote:Matt Colvin will develop all kids -not just 3 or 4 players
Kids will not be allowed to dribble endlessly and eracticallly with no reprecussions.
Colvin will base game playing time according to practices and who's on
IE -same kids are not given a hall pass to play all game simply cuz they have been good in the past.
Everyone is given a chance to prove themselves-he does not care about pleasing a select few parents.
he does not base playing time or players evaluations on past coaches opinions-he bases it in current play and practices.
If this appeals to you or if it is not like this on your team-THINK Colvin.

I like it... That can be the new T-Shirt... There used to be shirts that said: "Texan Born and David Mayed" or something like that... But the new shirt would read: "THINK COLVIN"...

soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbee 29/06/12, 04:30 pm

Powers is a great coach as well. He will develop the girls in skills and tactics. He also makes them feel good about playing and reminds them it is also about having fun and learning. It's about long term development, not the U11 season.

soccerbee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 29/06/12, 04:56 pm

pringlelover wrote:heard 2 Higgy starter going to SRSA Colvin as a pair late this week.
Anyone confirm?

Didn't you 'guarantee' that this was going to happen several months back? I gotta find that post....
BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 29/06/12, 05:56 pm

yo

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 29/06/12, 11:12 pm

Why can't they? If dribbling is their best option, why aren't they allowed to do it?

If a player has acres of space, why pass?

What are the repercussions if a girl doesn't pass?

Does he want to create robots or "thinking" players who can make their own decisions?

FYI: I don't know the guy. I'm just a coach who is just trying to get a clarification of why another coach would do such a thing.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/06/12, 01:42 am

Coach&Ref wrote:

Why can't they? If dribbling is their best option, why aren't they allowed to do it?

Does he want to create robots or "thinking" players who can make their own decisions?

FYI: I don't know the guy. I'm just a coach who is just trying to get a clarification of why another coach would do such a thing.
Let me help you there, brother. A kid should be allowed to do whatever helps them with their ball control because ultimately that's what makes the great players great. Passing and shooting can be learned later. At least the Spanish think that way.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 30/06/12, 02:25 am

coachr wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Let me help you there, brother. A kid should be allowed to do whatever helps them with their ball control because ultimately that's what makes the great players great. Passing and shooting can be learned later. At least the Spanish think that way.
well if it ain't my old homie coachr still fighting the good fight. What's up bruh?
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 30/06/12, 11:53 am

Coach&Ref wrote:

Sometimes when dribbling is not the best option, they should use their own brain to think to pass. When a player continuaial keeps the ball too long without using their teammates and loses the ball -this hurts the team and the team play and it should be addresses by the coach-reprecussions could be 1.talking to the playing.2. Taking them out of the game a while until they can play with a team -afterall that's why there are 10 others and not just 1 player on field.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDDRedux 30/06/12, 12:35 pm

yo#10 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Sometimes when dribbling is not the best option, they should use their own brain to think to pass. When a player continuaial keeps the ball too long without using their teammates and loses the ball -this hurts the team and the team play and it should be addresses by the coach-reprecussions could be 1.talking to the playing.2. Taking them out of the game a while until they can play with a team -afterall that's why there are 10 others and not just 1 player on field.
USA has a million soccer teams brotha. How many top players in the world does the USA have cocheese? You keep building teams in spite of building players at a young age then yo a$$ falls behind where it counts... In the world man. In the world. Why soccer folk round herrr think so small?
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 30/06/12, 09:09 pm

I disagree brotha- soccer is a team sport the best players are the unselfish ones. Dont stop developing young ones but in game situations use your teammates -One man show never did any one or team any good!JMHO We can agree to disagree.

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gooner 30/06/12, 09:38 pm

Game of individual battles, team that wins the most in any given game tends to get the result.
More times than not that little bit of individual creativity and individual skill decide the game.

You can pass all day and enjoy all of the ball an end up like most of the teams Chelsea played in the CL

Actually the majority of the great players have been the selfish ones.

gooner
gooner
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pringlelover 30/06/12, 10:08 pm

Disagree-in top teams helps to use other top players. lower teams yousee kids wanting to do it alone, maybe not successfully, but they'll try especially with the urging of overzealous mom and dad. On top teams the kids wise up pretty quick and shy away from passing to players who dont pass back-just a general observation.

pringlelover
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 30/06/12, 10:23 pm

gooner wrote:
Actually the majority of the great players have been the selfish ones.

I guess it depends on how you define "great". I can't think of many great players generally characterized as selfish. If they're overtly selfish it means they probably lack vision and thus would have hard time making "Great" status in my book.

The current "greatest" player in the world is probably the most accomplished pure dribbler seen in 20 years. Yet he generally leads or is near the top in assists and rarely holds the ball longer than he should.

I'd say the vast majority of great players I can think of were team players when it counted.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 30/06/12, 10:58 pm

Guys....great players can do both. They know when to pass and know when to finish, there is no reason they can't learn to do both at this age!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gooner 30/06/12, 11:38 pm

Take players on and combine with players sounds like a plan
gooner
gooner
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 30/06/12, 11:50 pm

mcik17 wrote:Guys....great players can do both. They know when to pass and know when to finish, there is no reason they can't learn to do both at this age!
The top two field players on your team -who most consider the top two 02 players in North Texas- are not selfish -over dribblers and I do not hear their parents yelling at them to TAKE IT- that's why they are the top 02 field players and why your team is ranked #1. That is why TXN will not beat your team, they have the athletes but not the right game plan.my opinion only.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 01/07/12, 03:25 pm

Anyone confirm?

Well, how did this work out? Was it all just lies and miss information? Colvin or Higg parents want to confirm, now that the ink has dried...just true or false will be nessessary!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mwgn 01/07/12, 07:56 pm

THOSE WHO KNOW DON'T SPEAK, THOSE WHO SPEAK DON'T KNOW!!! It's so true!
Mwgn
Mwgn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down