North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

who's moving up from D3 to D2  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

who's moving up from D3 to D2

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

who's moving up from D3 to D2  Empty who's moving up from D3 to D2

Post by fattamy 06/04/13, 08:55 pm

Who is staying in D3 and who is going up to D2 and who is moving up to D1. Wanted to get everyones thoughts?

fattamy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

who's moving up from D3 to D2  Empty Re: who's moving up from D3 to D2

Post by allhatnocattle 07/04/13, 11:30 am

Be prepared for some hazing, this thread exists and was initiated by HookIt.

Texas Lightning Sampaio looks to be moving up to D2.

FC Dallas Pratt will move down to D3.

I don't know about D1, Texans Red North is a prime candidate for one of the spots in D2.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 07/04/13, 07:01 pm

As Diamonds are now the only team in all of Lake Highlands to not lose a game so far it's possible they could end up on top...last game is Diamonds vs Lightning...think it could come down to the result of that game.

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/04/13, 11:28 pm

fattamy wrote:Who is staying in D3 and who is going up to D2 and who is moving up to D1. Wanted to get everyones thoughts?

1st Post! Nice.... why not just post from your normal member ID?

D1 two move down: my guess is Feet (40 GA crazy!) & DT Red (4 GF....) 2 games to go...

D2 only one moves up (D1 reducing to 9 teams): Kick most likely not my DT friends....
D2 two move down: Sting and FC Dallas (PLANO team from last year... another story )

D3 only one moves up: Lightening leading now but played 1 more game so maybe Diamonds could advance.
D3 bottom 5 are out: my guess: AFC, KICKs for sure: other 3 will go down to the wire...I would say AZTECs & REDSTAR are too leaky on defense....last one very tough Sting or DT. I know some families on both teams.... I guess I would say STING stays and DT goes but it could go either way. Now way both can catch COSMOS....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by B166512 20/04/13, 02:08 pm

Hook It wrote:
fattamy wrote:Who is staying in D3 and who is going up to D2 and who is moving up to D1. Wanted to get everyones thoughts?

1st Post! Nice.... why not just post from your normal member ID?

D1 two move down: my guess is Feet (40 GA crazy!) & DT Red (4 GF....) 2 games to go...

D2 only one moves up (D1 reducing to 9 teams): Kick most likely not my DT friends....
D2 two move down: Sting and FC Dallas (PLANO team from last year... another story )

D3 only one moves up: Lightening leading now but played 1 more game so maybe Diamonds could advance.
D3 bottom 5 are out: my guess: AFC, KICKs for sure: other 3 will go down to the wire...I would say AZTECs & REDSTAR are too leaky on defense....last one very tough Sting or DT. I know some families on both teams.... I guess I would say STING stays and DT goes but it could go either way. Now way both can catch COSMOS....
B166512
B166512
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by B166512 20/04/13, 02:09 pm

Diamonds 1 vs Lighting 0 in a big game today. Looks like Diamonds will be moving up.
B166512
B166512
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 20/04/13, 02:29 pm

Good job Feet on the 2-0 win over TFC fight for you D1 life. Destiny is in you own hands now....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fattamy 20/04/13, 05:54 pm

Wow....

So now it's getting fun! Going to be interesting the next few weeks...

fattamy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 22/04/13, 09:42 am

Diamonds, Lightning, Cosmos, and TFC Blue are in next year for sure, correct? Who will be filling the last guaranteed requalification spot in D3?
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 22/04/13, 09:59 pm

weatherbug wrote:Diamonds, Lightning, Cosmos, and TFC Blue are in next year for sure, correct? Who will be filling the last guaranteed requalification spot in D3?

- BOTTOM 2 D2 MOVE DOWN TO D3
- THE TOP D3 MOVES UP to D2 (Diamonds)

D3 FOR THE FALL 2013: (in no particular order)
1) Sting (from D2)
2) FC (from D2)
3) Lightning
4) Cosmos
5) TFC
6) One more lucky one stays from this list of D3 contenders (AFC, AZTECS, DT RED, REDSTAR)

- No chance for Sting & KICKS
- All others are out and need to requalify

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 22/04/13, 10:06 pm

and one could make a case for any one of those 4 from AFC, Texans, Aztecs, and Redstar getting in.

will be interesting to see what FCD Pratt comes up with for next Fall.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 22/04/13, 10:11 pm

FCD Pratt is going to be just fine and probably happy to be in D3. They have been through LHGCL Boot Camp. I hope they stick it out next year. Good group.

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 22/04/13, 10:16 pm

it was nothing against FCD Pratt. D3 has good quality though and performing well in D3 won't be a given for any D2 team coming in to the division.

limited exposure to FCD Pratt tells me they have great parents committed to turning the ship around.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 22/04/13, 10:40 pm

allhatnocattle wrote:it was nothing against FCD Pratt. D3 has good quality though and performing well in D3 won't be a given for any D2 team coming in to the division.

limited exposure to FCD Pratt tells me they have great parents committed to turning the ship around.

Nothing against the parents, but the coaches /club had ZERO business swaping that team into D2.

They have not won any game to speak of in league (0-0-16, 42GA, 4GF - CRAZY!) or tournaments since mid to late last year! This has to take its toll and parents and kids who do like/ love to win some times. They should have built some confidence with some non-select tournaments or something. They will struggle to retain any of their top talent and thus the spiral will continue through 2013-2014 D3 league.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/13, 10:59 pm

Hook It wrote:
allhatnocattle wrote:it was nothing against FCD Pratt. D3 has good quality though and performing well in D3 won't be a given for any D2 team coming in to the division.

Nothing against the parents, but the coaches /club had ZERO business swaping that team into D2.

They have not won any game to speak of in league (0-0-16, 42GA, 4GF - CRAZY!) or tournaments since mid to late last year! This has to take its toll and parents and kids who do like/ love to win some times. They should have built some confidence with some non-select tournaments or something. They will struggle to retain any of their top talent and thus the spiral will continue through 2013-2014 D3 league.

Shocked Bitter much Hook It???

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 23/04/13, 09:13 am

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Not too much... maybe a bit as I reflect: when I think selfish coaches/ teams/ parents do what they want and not what is in the best interest of the kids and their development/ fun for the game. Guess I have seen it too many times now and also had an older child fall out of love for the game for some similar reasons....

I guess you do not have much of an opinion on this. or perhaps don't give a flip..

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/04/13, 09:34 am

Hook It wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Not too much... maybe a bit as I reflect: when I think selfish coaches/ teams/ parents do what they want and not what is in the best interest of the kids and their development/ fun for the game. Guess I have seen it too many times now and also had an older child fall out of love for the game for some similar reasons....

I guess you do not have much of an opinion on this. or perhaps don't give a flip..

I just think your venom is a bit misguided. The club/team played by the rules that were in place, and I think just about any team/club in the same situation would have done the same thing. If you don't like what happened here, then your issue needs to be with LHGCL, not FC Dallas, AP, or the parents.

...and by the way, even though they haven't managed a win or draw, it's not like they have been a completely noncompetitive team that is getting blown out every week.

That team has lost only 2 league games by more than 3 goals this year. By comparison...

Solar Chelsea has lost 2 league games by more than 3 goals this year...
DT Red North has lost 3 league games by more than 3 goals this year...
D'Feeters has lost 5 league games by more than 3 goals this year...

So those teams are getting "blown out" as often, or more often than FCD, yet I don't see people on here lining up and spouting off about how noncompetitive those teams are in D1, and how they are going to fall like stone through the D2 ranks next year.

...and by the way, unless your DD plays for Lady Aztecs (which I'm pretty sure she doesn't), why do you care? If FC Dallas had decided to forfeit it's D2 bye when FCDW went "poof" last year, LA would've been the beneficiary of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bananakick 23/04/13, 11:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

I just think your venom is a bit misguided. The club/team played by the rules that were in place, and I think just about any team/club in the same situation would have done the same thing. If you don't like what happened here, then your issue needs to be with LHGCL, not FC Dallas, AP, or the parents.

...and by the way, even though they haven't managed a win or draw, it's not like they have been a completely noncompetitive team that is getting blown out every week.

That team has lost only 2 league games by more than 3 goals this year. By comparison...

So those teams are getting "blown out" as often, or more often than FCD, yet I don't see people on here lining up and spouting off about how noncompetitive those teams are in D1, and how they are going to fall like stone through the D2 ranks next year.

I have seen FCD play, and they have some postive things going for them. Interesting data on blowouts. I will add more data. The numbers 19 and 20 teams in last years' D1 moved to D3. They were:

Rk/Name/MP/W/D/L/GF/GA/Pts
19/Lady Aztecs/19/2/4/13/7/54/10
20/Texas Redstar/19/1/3/15/11/44/6

Keep in mind that these teams played half their matches against teams that are now in D1, so they were arguably much more successful than FCD has been. In D3 this year, Redstar is currently in 5th place (after 16 games), and Aztecs are in 7th place (after 15 games). My only point is that teams that finished in a similar spot to FCD last year are on the bubble in D3 this year.

I don't know those teams well, so I have no idea what all the factors are. Obviously this does not translate directly into a dire forecast for FCD, but the trend from a 30,000-foot level is not good. I wish them well (is there a "not sarcastic" emoticon?).

bananakick
bananakick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 23/04/13, 09:04 pm

bananakick wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

I have seen FCD play, and they have some postive things going for them. Interesting data on blowouts. I will add more data. The numbers 19 and 20 teams in last years' D1 moved to D3. They were:

Keep in mind that these teams played half their matches against teams that are now in D1, so they were arguably much more successful than FCD has been. In D3 this year, Redstar is currently in 5th place (after 16 games), and Aztecs are in 7th place (after 15 games). My only point is that teams that finished in a similar spot to FCD last year are on the bubble in D3 this year.

I don't know those teams well, so I have no idea what all the factors are. Obviously this does not translate directly into a dire forecast for FCD, but the trend from a 30,000-foot level is not good. I wish them well (is there a "not sarcastic" emoticon?).

BWG you perfectly emphasize my point and I think it is dire for them unless they improve the the team dramatically which usually means adding some key players.... this IMHO does not happen with team in their situation. You perfectly emphasize that LA & RS finished with stronger results than FCD and now one or both ail drop out of D3 this season.

Maybe they can recruit a killer keeper and change the tide of the 42GA and counting. For me they will never survive with these numbers and they need to score to actually get points - ties will not cut it. Good luck to them, I just would not want to put my DD thorough another season of that!!!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 24/04/13, 09:39 am

Hook It wrote:
bananakick wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

BWG you perfectly emphasize my point and I think it is dire for them unless they improve the the team dramatically which usually means adding some key players.... this IMHO does not happen with team in their situation. You perfectly emphasize that LA & RS finished with stronger results than FCD and now one or both ail drop out of D3 this season.

Maybe they can recruit a killer keeper and change the tide of the 42GA and counting. For me they will never survive with these numbers and they need to score to actually get points - ties will not cut it. Good luck to them, I just would not want to put my DD thorough another season of that!!!
Heres a thought FCD could consider to build confidence - joining the GLASA tournament....this should give them the opportunity to collect some W's....

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/04/13, 10:07 am

Hook It wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bananakick wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Heres a thought FCD could consider to build confidence - joining the GLASA tournament....this should give them the opportunity to collect some W's....

I'm not sure if Aaron Pratt reads the forum. Why don't you give him a call with your suggestion. I'm sure he'd really appreciate your interest and insight into how he should run his team.

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 24/04/13, 12:56 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bananakick wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:

I'm not sure if Aaron Pratt reads the forum. Why don't you give him a call with your suggestion. I'm sure he'd really appreciate your interest and insight into how he should run his team.

cheers Razz Razz Razz

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 25/04/13, 09:49 am

**SweetFeet** wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bananakick wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

cheers Razz Razz Razz
Been there done that..... but the past is not something repeating. Thanks for the suggestion.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/04/13, 03:03 pm

Hook It wrote:
**SweetFeet** wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bananakick wrote:

cheers Razz Razz Razz
Been there done that..... but the past is not something repeating. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, at least now we understand where the venom is coming from...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 25/04/13, 04:45 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
**SweetFeet** wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Hook It wrote:

cheers Razz Razz Razz

Well, at least now we understand where the venom is coming from...
and I thought I was being nice..... dusting off those cobwebs did feel good, but it is sad that they put more girls through this unnecessary mess for 2012-2013.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next