North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who wins Lake Highlands D3? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Who wins Lake Highlands D3?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who wins Lake Highlands D3? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who wins Lake Highlands D3?

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 10:19 am

Time to get back on the subject "Who wins Lake Highlands D3?"

1) Sting -tough and physical and on a good path. Top5 Optimistic for not having played consistently against LHGCL
2) Kicks Blue- Will be this seasons sleeper team. Very Optimistic need more facts - middle of the pack
3) DT Glotz-Picked up a fast forward, but may fear the kickball style my not hold up this season. Top 3 probably top 2.. proven track record plus added speed?
4)Diamonds-Strong and skillfull could easilly finish in top 3. Believeable but need more data - strong 2nd half last year and look like they beat DT both times last year.
5) AFC-have had a determination all summer to go qualify for LH, and the hard work obviously paid off, still a long road ahead. Well said, could do better if they can move the ball as a team and not individuals.
6) TFC Blue-nothing really productive for this team this summer and may have put their guard down too soon, but this team could go either way. Hard one for me as they were so on and off last year - need to know about any team changes.
7) Lightning-still have a lot to prove, not to convinced this team is any threat, especially after racking up points against their own sister team during the LH qualifier. Have potential, agreed need to see the performance directly say against a DT like team.
8-9) Redstar or Lady Aztecs-Have been too quite this summer ?? Only 3 wins combine last year but competition was brutal - could be some surprise here but doubtful.
10) Cosmos- A few losses under their belt here lately?? Agreed if I had to pick one for the bottom

Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thiescj 14/08/12, 11:02 am

Here is how I think it will go:

DALLAS TEXANS 01 RED-came close to qualifying for D2. Should be able to take care of business this year
TEXAS REDSTAR-solid team that played some very good teams close last season.
FC LADY AZTECS-tough year in D1 but this is D3 and the results will be different
TEXAS LIGHTNING BLACK (Formerly Sting West Sampaio)-have really improved over the last year and will be in the mix
DIAMONDS 01G-independent club that has some very good players..maybe a little thin at some positions
TFC 01G BLUE-beat the other D1 TFC team not too long ago...pretty impressive
STING WEST (O'Keefe)-can they score against this type of competition? Defense is always solid.
KICKS SC BLUE-wildcard of the group. Who knows?
COSMOS 01G BLACK-might suprise a couple of teams this season but should end up about here
AFC RED-not very flashy but have seemed to have improved from last year
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SW00W 14/08/12, 02:10 pm

Thanks for the kind words about the defense thiescj Wink I hope we finish a couple of places higher though!

SW00W
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thiescj 14/08/12, 02:23 pm

SW00W wrote:Thanks for the kind words about the defense thiescj Wink I hope we finish a couple of places higher though!

Yeah, I hope so too!!
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 03:26 pm

thiescj wrote:Here is how I think it will go:

DALLAS TEXANS 01 RED-came close to qualifying for D2. Should be able to take care of business this year
FC LADY AZTECS-tough year in D1 but this is D3 and the results will be different
TEXAS REDSTAR-solid team that played some very good teams close last season. TEXAS LIGHTNING BLACK (Formerly Sting West Sampaio)-have really improved over the last year and will be in the mix
DIAMONDS 01G-independent club that has some very good players..maybe a little thin at some positions
STING WEST (O'Keefe)-can they score against this type of competition? Defense is always solid.
COSMOS 01G BLACK-might suprise a couple of teams this season but should end up about here

RE: REDSTARs: MP W D L GF GA Pts
20: TEXAS REDSTAR 01 G 19 1 3 15 11 44 6

18 games 11 goals for and 44 goals against.

They were last and we all know some teams sweaked into D2 furing Qt last year. I do not believe they will finish in the top5. Is there some facts I am missing?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 03:36 pm

TEXAS REDSTAR-solid team that played some very good teams close last season.
TEXAS LIGHTNING BLACK (Formerly Sting West Sampaio)-have really improved over the last year and will be in the mix

Lady Aztecs: MP W D L GF GA Pts
19: AZTECS FC LADY AZTECS FC 01 19 2 4 13 7 54 10

Highest # of GA at 54 & Lowest # of GF at 7.....will this change all that much? Numbers will be better, but??? Did any improvement happen with the team? Usually if there are 1-2 good players they try and transfer to new teams to stay in D2.... I do not believe a top finish in D3, but they could requalify....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thiescj 14/08/12, 03:38 pm

Hook It wrote:

TEXAS REDSTAR-solid team that played some very good teams close last season. TEXAS LIGHTNING BLACK (Formerly Sting West Sampaio)-have really improved over the last year and will be in the mix

They were last and we all know some teams sweaked into D2 furing Qt last year. I do not believe they will finish in the top5. Is there some facts I am missing?

The overall results don't look great but put anyone of the current D3 teams in there and tell me they would have performed better. That is after all who they are going to be playing this season. Some scores from last season that I was referring to:

Loss 1-0 to Grubb (2nd Lake Highlands)
Loss 2-1 to Texans (won State Cup)
Loss 2-1 to Andro (current D1 team)
Loss 3-2 to DT North Red (current D1 team)
Loss 1-0 to Flanny (won Lake Highlands)
Tied Kicks White 0-0 (considered one of the D2 favorites)
Loss 1-0 to Solar White (considered one of the D2 favorites)
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie 14/08/12, 04:07 pm

Ya gotta love the enthusiasm of the newest LH D3 members but to underestimate the teams that had byes into LH D3 would be silly. They earned their byes the hard way, playing in the best divisions of the best league DFW has to offer.

Lady Aztecs and Redstar played the best week in and week out and didn’t have much to show for it if you just look at the win/loss stat. But, they are still together so that says a lot about them as a team and this year they will match their opponents in talent and in some cases have an advantage. I wouldn't mark those games up as W's so quickly.

Herbie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/12, 04:15 pm

The pace set by teams like Bates, Flanny, Grubb, and Kicks is unbelievable, and nothing Redstar or LA will see in D3 will compare. They will give up far fewer goals, if nothing else. If they were able to keep their core intact, they should be a factor this season. I do like Texans Red to be one of the teams to beat. They are well-coached and missed out on D2 by the slimmest of margins. I also expect TFC Blue, due to some key additions, to finish at or near the top of the standings. Their play against their sister team suggests they're much improved. Will others step up? I predict at least one will, but who will it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 04:43 pm

thiescj wrote:
Hook It wrote:

The overall results don't look great but put anyone of the current D3 teams in there and tell me they would have performed better. That is after all who they are going to be playing this season. Some scores from last season that I was referring to:

Yep, this is true. I try and follow the data if possible and think that if 50% of these level games swing the other direction in D3 they will end up requalifying and in the middle of the pack, not on top.

Also, no one has yet commented on how or if there team changed since last year ; good or bad? I only know of second hand information that they may have lost 1-2 players who switched to stay with other D2 teams which were making some changes....

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 04:45 pm

Herbie wrote:Ya gotta love the enthusiasm of the newest LH D3 members but to underestimate the teams that had byes into LH D3 would be silly. They earned their byes the hard way, playing in the best divisions of the best league DFW has to offer.

Lady Aztecs and Redstar played the best week in and week out and didn’t have much to show for it if you just look at the win/loss stat. But, they are still together so that says a lot about them as a team and this year they will match their opponents in talent and in some cases have an advantage. I wouldn't mark those games up as W's so quickly.

Perfectly said What a Face cheers

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 04:52 pm

ZenFutbol wrote:The pace set by teams like Bates, Flanny, Grubb, and Kicks is unbelievable, and nothing Redstar or LA will see in D3 will compare. They will give up far fewer goals, if nothing else. If they were able to keep their core intact, they should be a factor this season. I do like Texans Red to be one of the teams to beat. They are well-coached and missed out on D2 by the slimmest of margins. I also expect TFC Blue, due to some key additions, to finish at or near the top of the standings. Their play against their sister team suggests they're much improved. Will others step up? I predict at least one will, but who will it be?

Zen - your comments flow like your name. I saw some of those D1 matches just to see what the best of the best can do and they are great teams (stacked a bit, if you know Jason's model). In the end the experience (in some cases beatings), "my definition of when a team never gets a shot on goal and sits 10 back to keep the score close" that these teams had last year can only make them stronger "IF" they stay together.

Have the teams stayed together? or did either loose any key players?

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/12, 05:05 pm

Hook It wrote:
thiescj wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Yep, this is true. I try and follow the data if possible and think that if 50% of these level games swing the other direction in D3 they will end up requalifying and in the middle of the pack, not on top.

Also, no one has yet commented on how or if there team changed since last year ; good or bad? I only know of second hand information that they may have lost 1-2 players who switched to stay with other D2 teams which were making some changes....

Sleep on Redstar at your own peril. The team only gave up >3 goals in two out of 19 league games in D1 last year. They are a very scrappy team, and D3 teams are going to have a difficult time scoring on them. The question will be how much more scoring Redstar can generate against D3 competition.

They are a pretty tight bunch of families and I have not heard of any significant defections from the team in the off-season. I will be surprised if they aren't top 3 in D3 this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 05:17 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Hook It wrote:
thiescj wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Sleep on Redstar at your own peril. The team only gave up >3 goals in two out of 19 league games in D1 last year. They are a very scrappy team, and D3 teams are going to have a difficult time scoring on them. The question will be how much more scoring Redstar can generate against D3 competition.

They are a pretty tight bunch of families and I have not heard of any significant defections from the team in the off-season. I will be surprised if they aren't top 3 in D3 this year.

Good to hear for them - I would not have believed you if I did not read it for my self. It is actually an interesting data point. As I looked over the rest of the "D1-D2" results there are not many like this. As you mentioned, if you can not score you will still end up in the bottom. As the girls get older I see them already taking shots from farther out and this in my novice opinion will also be difficult for some of these teams who are more definsively structured.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/08/12, 05:32 pm

thiescj wrote:Loss 1-0 to Grubb (2nd Lake Highlands)

I expect more from you thiescj. Redstar BEAT DT Red North 3-2.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/08/12, 05:50 pm

Herbie wrote:Lady Aztecs and Redstar played the best week in and week out and didn’t have much to show for it if you just look at the win/loss stat. But, they are still together so that says a lot about them as a team and this year they will match their opponents in talent and in some cases have an advantage. I wouldn't mark those games up as W's so quickly.

I know LAs lost at least one player. She ended up at KW and was one of the better LA players last season in the games that I saw. I would think she would be missed, but I have no idea who LAs may have added.

I have no idea if Redstar lost any impact players. Does anyone else know? We played Redstar over the summer in a tournament and they didn't look nearly as good as they did in LH last season. Of course there could be a number of explanations - lost players, players on vacation, had an off weekend, etc. - so it is hard to say what that means if anything.

I do think D3 will be very competitive and it should be an exiciting season. Let the games begin!

Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/08/12, 05:58 pm

Sweeper wrote:
Herbie wrote:Lady Aztecs and Redstar played the best week in and week out and didn’t have much to show for it if you just look at the win/loss stat. But, they are still together so that says a lot about them as a team and this year they will match their opponents in talent and in some cases have an advantage. I wouldn't mark those games up as W's so quickly.

I know LAs lost at least one player. She ended up at KW and was one of the better LA players last season in the games that I saw. I would think she would be missed, but I have no idea who LAs may have added.

I have no idea if Redstar lost any impact players. Does anyone else know? We played Redstar over the summer in a tournament and they didn't look nearly as good as they did in LH last season. Of course there could be a number of explanations - lost players, players on vacation, had an off weekend, etc. - so it is hard to say what that means if anything.

I do think D3 will be very competitive and it should be an exiciting season. Let the games begin!
Exactly, I am so jacked for this season. Trying to take it all in. I heard coaches mtg is tomorrow and that LH is saying the season opens Aug 24th... That weekend I would think is for the older girls. Do you think we could have games that quick?

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/08/12, 06:36 pm

Hook It wrote:
Exactly, I am so jacked for this season. Trying to take it all in. I heard coaches mtg is tomorrow and that LH is saying the season opens Aug 24th... That weekend I would think is for the older girls. Do you think we could have games that quick?

Yes. The first games should be that weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if LH released a partial schedule and posted the full schedule a bit later. I think that is what they did last season, but my memory could be fuzzy. Hopefully it will cool off a bit over the next two weeks.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by flippinA 14/08/12, 08:18 pm

i have seen posted several times, that plano D1 teams can beat LH D3 teams on any given day and that often these games will be very competitive. So i am saying this because you basically add top level PPL teams to the mix of good d3 level teams and what you get will be a very competitive season. Glotz will dominate this season but the other 9 teams will have good games and bad games. I know for a fact Redstar added 3 role players that were bench players on D3 and PPL teams. I know Lady Aztecs lost a top forward and from what i understand are trying to find a new forward to take her place. Glotz lost 2 great players, but picked up a few good players to compliment an already good team, they have a good rotation and don't lose anything when they use their subs. Ive heard that the Diamonds lost 2 players at the end of last season, one girl apparently quit soccer all together and i think another moved, im not sure where these girls fit in, but they were looking for 2 players earlier in the summer. And as far as the Kicks go, i am sure they have picked up some of the KW players that left. I heard KW added 7 top players and dropped 7 players from last years already great team....Thats all i know for now.
flippinA
flippinA
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie 14/08/12, 08:51 pm

flippinA wrote:i have seen posted several times, that plano D1 teams can beat LH D3 teams on any given day and that often these games will be very competitive. So i am saying this because you basically add top level PPL teams to the mix of good d3 level teams and what you get will be a very competitive season. Glotz will dominate this season but the other 9 teams will have good games and bad games. I know for a fact Redstar added 3 role players that were bench players on D3 and PPL teams. I know Lady Aztecs lost a top forward and from what i understand are trying to find a new forward to take her place. Glotz lost 2 great players, but picked up a few good players to compliment an already good team, they have a good rotation and don't lose anything when they use their subs. Ive heard that the Diamonds lost 2 players at the end of last season, one girl apparently quit soccer all together and i think another moved, im not sure where these girls fit in, but they were looking for 2 players earlier in the summer. And as far as the Kicks go, i am sure they have picked up some of the KW players that left. I heard KW added 7 top players and dropped 7 players from last years already great team....Thats all i know for now.

The DD's Glotz picked up are better than good players, I know a couple D1 and D2 teams that wanted them but they ended up at Glotz for some reason. They will make a strong team stronger!

So KW cut 7 players??? I thought they were all about developement???

Herbie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 14/08/12, 09:11 pm

Herbie wrote:

The DD's Glotz picked up are better than good players, I know a couple D1 and D2 teams that wanted them but they ended up at Glotz for some reason. They will make a strong team stronger!

No KW player was cut. Three are now playing D1, one quit soccer, one was planning on quitting but decided to make a comeback and play with KB instead. The other two found new homes. I'd like to think we focus on player development but also know we are not for everyone.

Good luck to all D3 teams.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie 14/08/12, 09:55 pm

jm23jm wrote:
Herbie wrote:

No KW player was cut. Three are now playing D1, one quit soccer, one was planning on quitting but decided to make a comeback and play with KB instead. The other two found new homes. I'd like to think we focus on player development but also know we are not for everyone.

Good luck to all D3 teams.

Just seems like a big turnover rate to me but agree with you, one size dosent fit all.

Herbie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/12, 10:25 pm

I've clicked on this thread several times now, and each time I see andypanda's profile pic, I can't help but think of the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4

On second thought, maybe Lightning is the team to beat: Never say no to Panda.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 15/08/12, 01:22 am

4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
soccerpop76 wrote:In regards to LHGCL QT and the rest of the season, what you see, is what you get. It's ok to say your intimidated by the team, maybe even a little fearful , but don't drop your britches and throw out accusation's about a team you know zero about. Ask the coach for a roster, he'll be glad to show you one. I sure like how you have to come up with any excuse in your head so that the recent success of this team would make since. Try good old fashioned hard work and dedication, a life skill my DD will carry with her in everything else she does. You can sit around and make excuses to why your not successful or you can get up and do something about it, our girls chose to get up and do something about it, I can see you which one you chose.

These guys are like a slow defender who starts grabbing shorts, stomping ankles and talking about your momma in your ear because they're tired of getting beat.

Don't get drawn into it. The same group has been saying the same things for years. They said it about the other two Kicks teams until it became clear their success was no fluke.

It's almost a rite of passage at this point. You aren't doing well as an underdog until haters crawl out the cracks to give you some grief. It's a sign you're on the right track.

Keep doing what you're doing and the results will speak for themselves. Cool

OR..... Like the frustrated FWD/MF that the defender shuts down that throws elbows and flops out of frustration... Couldn't resist, goes both ways. Very Happy
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 15/08/12, 09:11 am

Sweeper wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Yes. The first games should be that weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if LH released a partial schedule and posted the full schedule a bit later. I think that is what they did last season, but my memory could be fuzzy. Hopefully it will cool off a bit over the next two weeks.

My memory is fuzzy - and I am not ready for games this quick. Good luck!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 15/08/12, 09:33 am

Who Wins LHGCL D3?

TFC Blue.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next