North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

what happen after a good player is released - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

what happen after a good player is released

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

what happen after a good player is released - Page 5 Empty Re: what happen after a good player is released

Post by Gunners 14/02/13, 10:08 am

3-4-3 wrote:
Xara wrote:Ahhhh... Thank you Weatherbug for a second dose of common sense. It's so few and far between on here when the majority would like to blame everyone but themselves on what they willingly agreed to as (presumably) literate adults.

Typical xara...go personal rather than deal with the question at hand.

For the record every team decision we've made with regards to select soccer has worked out very well. Every team we left, we left at the right time and our daughter was better off for it. Every team we've joined, she has enjoyed the experience more than the prior. If we ever did have an issue that was so pressing we needed to leave, I'd have no problem waiting until the end of the season or getting a rec release because from what I can tell my daughter enjoys the sport and improves more when league is not in session anyway.

That has no bearing on the macro question of whether it's ridiculous that one region's sports culture has elementary school aged kids signing contracts to play a sport.

You can label this "reasonable" and "common sense", but all I've ever gotten is strange looks and unrestrained laughter anytime I explain it to someone not from NTX (or from NTX and not aware of the select soccer bubble).

One region? The USYSA rules (which LHGCL is a part of) for rosters are uniform throughout the country. Every select soccer player in the country signs a contract for a year.

Also, while I'm not nearly as familiar with ECNL rules, I believe their rules for releases are much more stringent than USYSA/LHCGL.

Not often I find myself adamantly agreeing with Xara, but certainly do here. IMO, he gets it and the rest of you are probably new to the process or just contrarians.

Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

what happen after a good player is released - Page 5 Empty Re: what happen after a good player is released

Post by go99 14/02/13, 10:18 am

I have never left a team and it would have to be a very bad situation for me to have my kid not finish what they started. The contracts are what they are and yes it is unfair and based soley for the benefit of the club. Yes the coach and club that refuse to give the release is selfish and uninterested in the kid but they have that right. I have heard the advice to make payment on your club fees. This allows you some amount of leverage when asking for a release. Refuse to pay the rest until you are given the full release. If you have to go to soccer court to get a release then they can try going to court to get the money. But if you have already paid, make the coach do the leg work on his time off to deny your request. Saying no is one thing but going before NTX to fight is another. Make sure you bring dirty laundry with you.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 14/02/13, 10:27 am

I hope Xara never has to file for divorce. "U SIGNED A CONTRACT" U TOLD THE JUDGE AND THE PRIEST YOU"LL BE partners until death. Things change during the contract. I can just hear it. "Hun, this isn't working out anymore, I want a divorce" The judge: NOOOOO, you can't have one because you signed a contract and I'll be damn if you break your agreement.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 10:57 am

Referee wrote: I hope Xara never has to file for divorce. "U SIGNED A CONTRACT" U TOLD THE JUDGE AND THE PRIEST YOU"LL BE partners until death. Things change during the contract. I can just hear it. "Hun, this isn't working out anymore, I want a divorce" The judge: NOOOOO, you can't have one because you signed a contract and I'll be damn if you break your agreement.

true, those with little compassion or mercy often scream the loudest for it when the tables are turned. Funny how these coaches have no problem with jumping ship and taking whole teams with them to other clubs but would deny a full release to a 10 year old. i hold any adult who would deny a child the ability to play soccer in the highest contempt....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 11:00 am

Gunners wrote:
One region? The USYSA rules (which LHGCL is a part of) for rosters are uniform throughout the country. Every select soccer player in the country signs a contract for a year.

Also, while I'm not nearly as familiar with ECNL rules, I believe their rules for releases are much more stringent than USYSA/LHCGL.

Not often I find myself adamantly agreeing with Xara, but certainly do here. IMO, he gets it and the rest of you are probably new to the process or just contrarians.

I'll fess up to being a contrarian, but I asked the question because I truly didn't know how it works in other regions.

I just read through the rules of 4 or 5 different US Youth Soccer state associations and while you're right, select players commit for 1 year periods, you're wrong, the roster and transfer rules are not uniform. Some explicitly state in their rules players have the right to request releases. i.e. Nocal here: http://www.calnorth.org/about/brr/rules/#4.04

The ages at which these select rules apply is also not uniform. The umbrella USYSA rules are broad, and it appears states customize them as they see fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 14/02/13, 12:55 pm

Big Tex it is so interesting that you are quick to judge the teams in ppl. There are some very good teams in ppl and some not so good teams in LH. However i do agree absolutely that the top 10 in D1 are a level above the everyone. The team your DD played on in the tournament went to the semis so it's interesting you feel they are not on your DD level. Also it will be interesting to see how the spring season ends up for your DD. Moving to a new team is always hard so the bottom line is that your DD is happy and gets playing time.

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 01:10 pm

sideline fan wrote:Big Tex it is so interesting that you are quick to judge the teams in ppl. There are some very good teams in ppl and some not so good teams in LH. However i do agree absolutely that the top 10 in D1 are a level above the everyone. The team your DD played on in the tournament went to the semis so it's interesting you feel they are not on your DD level. Also it will be interesting to see how the spring season ends up for your DD. Moving to a new team is always hard so the bottom line is that your DD is happy and gets playing time.

Did you even read my post? I said that my daughter was behind on skills compared to the girs on her new PPL team (i.e. she needs to catch up). Also I said that I do not even know if she will start. I also said I did not think there was much of a divide between the top PPL teams and several of the LHGCL teams. Why would any of that lead you to believe that I think they are not on my daughters level?

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 14/02/13, 02:02 pm

I believe what you said was that you played with a ppl team in a tournament and the overall competitive level was not strong EXCEPT for your DD new team--WHICH BY THE WAY DID NOT PLAY. I know the team your DD played on and like i said they went to the semis. So they must have been fairly competitive. i said nothing about your DDs skills just your quick judgement about ppl teams. Other than D 1 LH top 10 pretty much most teams can be COMPETITIVE with ppl on any given day. You sound like a D1 LH team parent. i do not have a DD in 02 but love the game and have friends DD who play. it's all interesting have parents get wrapped up in their DD.

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 03:08 pm

sideline fan wrote:I believe what you said was that you played with a ppl team in a tournament and the overall competitive level was not strong EXCEPT for your DD new team--WHICH BY THE WAY DID NOT PLAY. I know the team your DD played on and like i said they went to the semis. So they must have been fairly competitive. i said nothing about your DDs skills just your quick judgement about ppl teams. Other than D 1 LH top 10 pretty much most teams can be COMPETITIVE with ppl on any given day. You sound like a D1 LH team parent. i do not have a DD in 02 but love the game and have friends DD who play. it's all interesting have parents get wrapped up in their DD.

I think you are reading things into my post that are not there. I challange you to find in my post below where I said the "competitive level was not strong except for my DD new team". If anything I was thinking I would get push back from the LHGCL side, saying the they thought the divide was bigger between LHGCL and PPL. So I went back and read my post (below) again and you most have ignored everything else and focused in the highlighted statement below.

First I want to say when we left our last concerns was what league /divisions we were in. We were most concerned about the environment and the coach. I understand why you may think that on the skill level- I may have thought the same. Hard to say we have very little experience in ppl yet (one tournament) but from an overall competitive level of the league I would say you are correct, but as far as the team we moved to- I would say the opposite is true. My daughter has a long way to go from a skills perspective to catch up to many of the girls on her new team and frankly I do not even know if she will start. This is really not a comparison between her old or new team- just a very different style of play- my daughter has never been very skilled- more relying on speed, power and aggressiveness. Also in my opinion I do not think the gap between the top PPL teams and several teams in the LHGCL are that substantial (at least at U11). I do not know for a fact, but I would think qt and other tournament results might prove that out- again just my thoughts no science here. But again that had nothing to do with our move.

However, in your reply to me you even seemed to agree with that statement- so not sure where in the world you are coming from. You said that the top 10 teams in D1 LHGCL are at a level above everyone else. So if that is true that is 53% of your games in D1 LH, so by definition wouldn’t that mean you would agree with my statement that the OVERALL competitive level of D1 LH is above the OVERALL competitive level of PPL D1?

Also, I have no idea why you are referencing that one tournament- as I recall we did not even play a LH D1 or D3 team (and I could be wrong) but I do not even think there was a LHGCL team in the bronze division- so not even sure how that tournament or getting to the Semi is relevant to this discussion at all. My opinion is based on many other tournaments where top PPL teams and LHGCL teams have played against each other- not some tournament when they do not even compete against each other.

You say I sound like a LHGCL D1 parent (not sure what that sounds like), but you sound like a defensive PPL parent and being that I am a PPL parent now-I do not think there is anything to be defensive about

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 03:14 pm

sorry obviously I am not much of a poster and yellow highlight does not work so well- here is the sentence I highlighted and assume you took exception with.

Hard to say we have very little experience in ppl yet (one tournament) but from an overall competitive level of the league I would say you are correct

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 14/02/13, 03:41 pm

One good piece of advice is that it's your dd and if you feel like she needs to move/quit/leave etc... then follow what you believe is the right decision. Usually your instincts are correct when it comes to your own child.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/13, 03:44 pm

Referee wrote: I hope Xara never has to file for divorce. "U SIGNED A CONTRACT" U TOLD THE JUDGE AND THE PRIEST YOU"LL BE partners until death. Things change during the contract. I can just hear it. "Hun, this isn't working out anymore, I want a divorce" The judge: NOOOOO, you can't have one because you signed a contract and I'll be damn if you break your agreement.

Now the Ref steps in and compares an 11-month youth soccer contract to a marriage? Brilliance. One has to be impressed with such a stretch (at least someone like 3-4-3). Thanks for the target practice.

For the record, there are nearly always penalties associated with a divorce, not paying on a mortgage, making a credit card payment late, or violating the terms of just about any other contract. But you all want a special Kings' X because the little darlings are "just 10 years old and not professionals". True. But the parents are adults and sign these agreements. They make the (bad) decisions for their children... and then whine on here that they are being held accountable for their actions.

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 14/02/13, 03:49 pm

Isn't it insane we all care so much about soccer?

Not casting stones, just as guilty as anyone.

Still insane...it is just soccer. True, teaches some great life lessons. Most team sports do. But still just youth soccer.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 14/02/13, 04:38 pm

textigerfan wrote:Isn't it insane we all care so much about soccer?

Not casting stones, just as guilty as anyone.

Still insane...it is just soccer. True, teaches some great life lessons. Most team sports do. But still just youth soccer.

HEATHEN!
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 14/02/13, 04:46 pm

HaHa! I like that.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5