North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Investment in US youth system Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Investment in US youth system

Go down

Investment in US youth system Empty Investment in US youth system

Post by deny your goals 10/05/13, 09:45 am

Interesting article... Now if they could tell us how to keep the kids from having gaps in their training. I'm thinking winning vs. development has something to do with it. Very Happy

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/story/investment-and-coaching-in-youth-system-remains-top-priority-050813
deny your goals
deny your goals
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Investment in US youth system Empty Re: Investment in US youth system

Post by Guest 10/05/13, 10:32 am

That is a great article but I think it applies more to the mens side of the game than the womens.

On the womens side of things the USA Womens National team is the #1 ranked team in the world, they won the Olympics and will be the favorite going into the next World Cup. I can't recall exactly but I think either Abby Womback or Alex Morgan was the FIFA Womans player of the year.

With regard to USA Womens soccer, we are the best in the world and have the best players in the world.

The mens side is a whole other story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/05/13, 10:12 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:That is a great article but I think it applies more to the mens side of the game than the womens.

On the womens side of things the USA Womens National team is the #1 ranked team in the world, they won the Olympics and will be the favorite going into the next World Cup. I can't recall exactly but I think either Abby Womback or Alex Morgan was the FIFA Womans player of the year.

With regard to USA Womens soccer, we are the best in the world and have the best players in the world.

The mens side is a whole other story.

GO USA!! (Wish I could say the same for the men) The American forward has been rewarded for her performances over the year by beating Brazil international and five-time winner Marta to the award Abby Wambach has won the Fifa Women's World Player of the Year for 2012.

The 32-year old was voted the winner of the award by both the captains and the coaches of the 209 Fifa Members, as well as selected members of the media. The striker beat Brazil's Marta into second place despite the Tyreso player leading her club to a league title, while American counterpart Alex Morgan finished third.

Wambach has already collected the US Soccer Athlete of the Year award on five occasions, as well as winning the Bronze Boot award at the 2011 World Cup along with the Silver Ball, and been given the ESPN ESPY trophy for her goal in the same competition.

Second-placed Marta, 26, is one of the most prolific players in the women's game, and scored 12 goals in 21 games for her club. She also featured for Brazil during the 2012 Olympics, although they were unable to progress further than the quarter-finals.

Morgan, Wambach's strike partner, created five assists during the London Olympics which won her the American Sportswoman of the Year award.

time to change my avatar?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/05/13, 11:10 pm

the story applies to both sides. The US womans team dominates a game that is fairly new to womens sport around the world and we put some of the best athletes on the field. The time to change is before you lose that dominance not after you can no longer win. Brazil still views soccer as a mans sport. The national team spends almost no money on the womens side and they have very few practices and friendly matches to prepare. They essentially send a pickup squad to national events. At some point they could take it seriously. Japan has come to the forefront and the damage they do to our girls at disney is not a good omen for the future. The gap has closed on the US womens team and we can't sit back and pat our chest on past glories or they will one day be like the US men or follow in the footsteps of England.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/05/13, 11:49 pm

go99 wrote:the story applies to both sides. The US womans team dominates a game that is fairly new to womens sport around the world and we put some of the best athletes on the field. The time to change is before you lose that dominance not after you can no longer win. Brazil still views soccer as a mans sport. The national team spends almost no money on the womens side and they have very few practices and friendly matches to prepare. They essentially send a pickup squad to national events. At some point they could take it seriously. Japan has come to the forefront and the damage they do to our girls at disney is not a good omen for the future. The gap has closed on the US womens team and we can't sit back and pat our chest on past glories or they will one day be like the US men or follow in the footsteps of England.

I thought we were all doing our part here in NTX.....oh wait wrong thread (winning vs. development cyclops )

Agree - completely. I get to travel internationally and we here in the US are still light years behind what it going to really take to consistently put a top mens contender in the mix every cycle. For the Women's, well I view it as a tremendous blessing that we all get to enjoy this run while our DD's are playing and developing....it really does make it so much more interesting.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 11/05/13, 08:30 am

Until the US gets rid of April Heinrichs as the Technical Development Director, we will not keep up with the rest of the world. She is still stuck in the late 80's and 90's and does not understand possession soccer. She is an absolute joke.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/05/13, 08:51 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Until the US gets rid of April Heinrichs as the Technical Development Director, we will not keep up with the rest of the world. She is still stuck in the late 80's and 90's and does not understand possession soccer. She is an absolute joke.

Agree. Could just do a lateral move for her and make her the strength and conditioning director.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down