North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... - Page 2 Empty Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 04:50 pm

This made me chuckle. Puma and Tut are pretty equivalent

lol, keep telling yourself that.....

Back to top Go down

informal 03 top 10 after signing.... - Page 2 Empty Re: informal 03 top 10 after signing....

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 04:53 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:
herradura wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:GrandTX, have you seen some of the saves some of these keepers have made this last season?  Or are you just too absorbed into your DD's last goal she shanked and when she's going to charge down the pitch again to miss another?  

Some of these 10 year old keepers have really good diving skills, know how to read 1-on-ones, and how to read a PK very well - yes, there is a way to actually read and have a good idea where a ball is going to go during a PK.  Not sure the field player who has been absent from this kind of training can magically turn it on and become the best keeper.

Heradura - Some of these 10 year old girls don't put up shots that are soft goals.  Some are soft shots, but like I just said, have you seen some of the saves these top keepers have been making?  That's a lot of goal to cover and those shots are coming in at 20-30MPH from some of the stronger girls on the field.

Discounting the play of a keeper on these top teams is kind of a ridiculous thing to do.

Yes, I have seen saves these girls are making, especially the two I commented on. My point is, hope solo wouldn't even be a game changer for a team like SRSA She would also just stand there and kick grass 99% of the time. Look at the records, LP Elite, DTS, Sting G etc gave up very few if any goals last season. Sorry, but that is not due to extraordinary play by the keepers..

In fact, the last i heard, SRSA is not planning to take a dedicated keeper- but that may have changed by now.

SRSA is not taking a keeper - correct.

And Sting G, RASE, DTS gave up few goals because they played as a team, which includes a keeper, and had the keepers not been there, both soft and hard shots would have gone in, and their records would have sucked.

You're going to have a hard time convincing this forum that RASE 03 and Sting G success was dependent on strong GK play.
With a GK 'by committee', they still finish 1 and 2 in TGPL.
Those teams are loaded with athletes....and athletes can get to hard shots and catch the soft ones.

You couldn't be more wrong.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 03/07/13, 04:56 pm

Not discounting their play, just discounting the effect that they have at this age in a PK situation. I've watched plenty of PK situations and I'd say 90% of the shots go in or the kid shooting misses the goal completely. The other 10% are hit right at the keeper. It's just how it is in academy. My response was more a response to NFOD thinking that because the keeper was different in the Gold/Sting G game that it somehow made a difference. In reality in those shoot out situations they've generally always gone with someone other than the starting keeper. So the keeper leaving didnt matter in that game. Seemed like a swipe at that goalie to me, so I simple stated the obvious at this age, GKs don't make a huge difference in PKS. I'd hate to be the parent of GK, because one mistake and it costs the team, I think id have to drink with flygirl every game if that's where my DD would have played.

Yes, most (not all) of the top GKs are playing other positions. They are learning the game of soccer and developing their skills. They are good athletes that as the player pool starts to shrink there are fewer places for forwards to play because there are fewer teams. Those kids start moving back and now you have defenders and midfielders looking for spots. So now you have some kids that are great athletes, know the ins and outs of the game an if they want to keep playing they play goalie. What takes someone who is 8 or 9 years old to learn a 15 year old can pick up in a matter of months. Welcome to soccer. Oh and just for fun, I don't believe Hope Solo played goalie until college, I can only imagine how great she be if she started at 8 Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 03/07/13, 05:00 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:
herradura wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:GrandTX, have you seen some of the saves some of these keepers have made this last season?  Or are you just too absorbed into your DD's last goal she shanked and when she's going to charge down the pitch again to miss another?  

Some of these 10 year old keepers have really good diving skills, know how to read 1-on-ones, and how to read a PK very well - yes, there is a way to actually read and have a good idea where a ball is going to go during a PK.  Not sure the field player who has been absent from this kind of training can magically turn it on and become the best keeper.

Heradura - Some of these 10 year old girls don't put up shots that are soft goals.  Some are soft shots, but like I just said, have you seen some of the saves these top keepers have been making?  That's a lot of goal to cover and those shots are coming in at 20-30MPH from some of the stronger girls on the field.

Discounting the play of a keeper on these top teams is kind of a ridiculous thing to do.

Yes, I have seen saves these girls are making, especially the two I commented on. My point is, hope solo wouldn't even be a game changer for a team like SRSA She would also just stand there and kick grass 99% of the time. Look at the records, LP Elite, DTS, Sting G etc gave up very few if any goals last season. Sorry, but that is not due to extraordinary play by the keepers..

In fact, the last i heard, SRSA is not planning to take a dedicated keeper- but that may have changed by now.

SRSA is not taking a keeper - correct.

And Sting G, RASE, DTS gave up few goals because they played as a team, which includes a keeper, and had the keepers not been there, both soft and hard shots would have gone in, and their records would have sucked.

You're going to have a hard time convincing this forum that RASE 03 and Sting G success was dependent on strong GK play.
With a GK 'by committee', they still finish 1 and 2 in TGPL.
Those teams are loaded with athletes....and athletes can get to hard shots and catch the soft ones.

You couldn't be more wrong.

You have officially been accepted into the GK parent club...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 05:21 pm

"Yes, most (not all) of the top GKs are playing other positions. "

Where on earth do you get your information from? Do you secretly think your DD is some rock star goalie that's just waiting to swoop in and save the day? hahaha...hardly.

And if you think a 15 year old can recreate Hope Solo level success, I guess the next 1 in a million is possible. Yes, they can learn how to catch and how to position, but you can't replace experience, and from U11 to U16, no 15 year old can just "turn on" experience. It will take years before they see the same number of balls, angles, attacks, corner kicks, etc.

You've been drinking from the kool-aid pitcher a bit too long...
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 05:44 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:"Yes, most (not all) of the top GKs are playing other positions. "

Where on earth do you get your information from?  Do you secretly think your DD is some rock star goalie that's just waiting to swoop in and save the day?  hahaha...hardly.

And if you think a 15 year old can recreate Hope Solo level success, I guess the next 1 in a million is possible.  Yes, they can learn how to catch and how to position, but you can't replace experience, and from U11 to U16, no 15 year old can just "turn on" experience.  It will take years before they see the same number of balls, angles, attacks, corner kicks, etc.

i agree, many of these kids will have been keepers for years,taken gk practice weekly for years and you think that someone off the street is the next stud? i don't think so....

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 03/07/13, 05:46 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:"Yes, most (not all) of the top GKs are playing other positions. "

Where on earth do you get your information from?  Do you secretly think your DD is some rock star goalie that's just waiting to swoop in and save the day?  hahaha...hardly.

And if you think a 15 year old can recreate Hope Solo level success, I guess the next 1 in a million is possible.  Yes, they can learn how to catch and how to position, but you can't replace experience, and from U11 to U16, no 15 year old can just "turn on" experience.  It will take years before they see the same number of balls, angles, attacks, corner kicks, etc.

I would have to agree with you on experience.

Hope Solo is not a good example - and arguably not the best US Woman keeper either. Don't get me wrong, but her marketability is what consistently pushes her to the top. Look at most of the pro men keepers - most started specializing as a keeper at younger ages...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 05:52 pm

herradura wrote:

I would have to agree with you on experience.

Hope Solo is not a good example - and arguably not the best US Woman keeper either. Don't get me wrong, but her marketability is what consistently pushes her to the top. Look at most of the pro men keepers - most started specializing as a keeper at younger ages...

i love soccer but not sure i could even name another us women's keeper. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 03/07/13, 05:58 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight so you believe whatever you want to believe. I'll table this discussion for 5 years and we can bring it back up then.

At this age though, most of the better athletes are playing the field, not in goal. It's the nature of sports, all coaches want the bigger faster stronger athlete, eventually they will find their way to goalie.

Good luck to your DD.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 05:59 pm

Agreed on Hope Solo. It's just the example that GrandTxSoccer used, so it's good to validate that he was right about a 1 in a million situation and his DD just might be the next 1 in a million.

I also agree that moving a very good keeper off a top team is a wise choice. Nothing beats the experience of having shots taken in a game. Isolate them from the action and they'll never be tested. For that reason, if the coach at Sting G is really making the bonehead decision to not let their keeper take the PK's (as mentioned by GrandTxSoccer) then there are bigger problems at Sting G besides losing their keeper from this season.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Conjigulations 03/07/13, 06:25 pm

silentparent wrote:

i agree, many of these kids will have been keepers for years,taken gk practice weekly for years and you think that someone off the street is the next stud? i don't think so....

You've obviously never seen the movie "Victory". Sylvester Stallone practiced goalie for like a few weeks and then beat the German national team. True story.

Conjigulations
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 03/07/13, 06:32 pm

To say that a GK doesn't make a difference on a team -- PK or any other shot on goal?! Are you watching the same games we have? I can tell you from this side of things that a good GK has put in grueling hours with trainers, their team and on their own. EXPERIENCE is what makes the difference. Having the game experience to anticipate and react. You can't just walk off the bench and assume that role -- at least not against the top teams.

Maybe your GK is watching cloud formations while the team is playing but a good GK is directing their team, looking for opportunities and ALWAYS there when needed. The pressure can be intense. They work as hard as any other player on the team and make as much of a difference in a win as any other player. To say different is ignorant and insulting.

Do GK have games when the ball isn't on their side of the field and its boring ... yes! Absolutely! In that case, most likely the ENTIRE TEAM is bored and ill-matched. Most players at this age do not want to play a game without at least MATCHED skill. As a spectator -- I don't want to watch a game like that either. But you put one SKILLED team against another and you tell me then if the keeper isn't making a difference in the game.

PK's are PK's ... it takes skill and timing when the kick is good. I've seen many a pro game and the ball was kicked straight at them with a ho-hum result. That's true with any play and at any age. If the ball is kicked straight at the keeper or it flies over the bar -- then easy for the keeper. That doesn't mean she wasn't prepared to make a dive save. It just means the kicker missed an opportunity.

IF SRSA doesn't have a dedicated keeper -- then more power to them. They obviously have a group of players and a philosophy that works for them. However, I can tell you about one GK that has gone against them and stopped many difficult score attempts. They didn't run over her by any means and she walked off the field not only happy that she played a SIGNIFICANT role in keeping the score way down but having just played a fantastic game of soccer against a group of EXCELLENT athletes. Now that's fun and a great use of all the time and work in preparation to play her position.

That's more than a ten-cent opinion but GK Parents know exactly what I'm saying.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 03/07/13, 06:42 pm

I like teams where it takes all 11 athletes playing their best to win....including the GK. They're all important and each with strengths and weaknesses. It's what makes sports so interesting and unpredictable. On any given Sunday....
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 03/07/13, 06:54 pm

Socceristheword wrote:To say that a GK doesn't make a difference on a team -- PK or any other shot on goal?!  Are you watching the same games we have?  I can tell you from this side of things that a good GK has put in grueling hours with trainers, their team and on their own.  EXPERIENCE is what makes the difference.  Having the game experience to anticipate and react. You can't just walk off the bench and assume that role -- at least not against the top teams.

Maybe your GK is watching cloud formations while the team is playing but a good GK is directing their team, looking for opportunities and ALWAYS there when needed. The pressure can be intense. They work as hard as any other player on the team and make as much of a difference in a win as any other player.  To say different is ignorant and insulting.  

Do GK have games when the ball isn't on their side of the field and its boring ... yes!  Absolutely!  In that case, most likely the ENTIRE TEAM is bored and ill-matched. Most players at this age do not want to play a game without at least MATCHED skill. As a spectator -- I don't want to watch a game like that either.  But you put one SKILLED team against another and you tell me then if the keeper isn't making a difference in the game.  

PK's are PK's ... it takes skill and timing when the kick is good.  I've seen many a pro game and the ball was kicked straight at them with a ho-hum result.  That's true with any play and at any age.  If the ball is kicked straight at the keeper or it flies over the bar -- then easy for the keeper.  That doesn't mean she wasn't prepared to make a dive save.  It just means the kicker missed an opportunity.

IF SRSA doesn't have a dedicated keeper -- then more power to them.  They obviously have a group of players and a philosophy that works for them. However, I can tell you about one GK that has gone against them and stopped many difficult score attempts.  They didn't run over her by any means and she walked off the field not only happy that she played a SIGNIFICANT role in keeping the score way down but having just played a fantastic game of soccer against a group of EXCELLENT athletes.  Now that's fun and a great use of all the time and work in preparation to  play her position.

That's more than a ten-cent opinion but GK Parents know exactly what I'm saying.

Holy crap that was good. I think I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flyonawall 04/07/13, 09:17 am

NFOD you sure seem to think you know a lot about Sting G....sounds like sour grapes to me...

flyonawall
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 04/07/13, 10:42 am

flyonawall wrote:NFOD you sure seem to think you know a lot about Sting G....sounds like sour grapes to me...

I "think" I know a lot about LP, FCD, FCP, Sting, Solar, DFeeters, Mustangs, Texans...take your pick.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav4Life 05/07/13, 08:24 am

I heard Sting G got rid of the old keeper b/c she's slow and brought in the top Sting 03 keeper and she's super athletic. Rumor is she played in the last tournament and did well.

Mav4Life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 05/07/13, 08:28 am

Would that be your DD Mav? Laughing 
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav4Life 05/07/13, 08:35 am

No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

Mav4Life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 05/07/13, 09:24 am

Mav4Life wrote:I heard Sting G got rid of the old keeper b/c she's slow and brought in the top Sting 03 keeper and she's super athletic. Rumor is she played in the last tournament and did well.

Not sure about that rumor because I'm connected but not THAT connected; but if that's the case, it certainly fits the reputation AG has for recruiting players versus developing them. According to GrandTx's earlier post, this "top Sting 03 keeper" didn't take the PK's in the last tournament because a field player took them.  Hmmm...so much for super athletic if she was the keeper in that tourney.  But you can't forget the most import factoid (per GrandTx - such a wealth of knowledge from that guy) that the best keeper is still playing on the field cheers

I'm sure the old Sting G keeper had to be an absolute snail to let in 2 goals all year, so good choice by AG to cut the dead weight.  There's no room at Sting G for that kind of crap, she only recruits the best, right?  AG gets a gold star, perhaps coach of the year Laughing 

Look out SRSA, with the super athletic, top Sting 03 keeper holding down the fort, you gals won't get a single ball in the net...

But just to offer a differing hypothesis (just because it's fun to hypothesize) is it possible the other keeper left versus being "got rid of?" Shocked  I only offer that because AG lost a top forward and top mid-fielder to Solar, so why did her forwards and midfielders leave and her keeper was cut?

Oh...THAT'S why Rolling Eyes  Mav4Life's DD is the "super athletic" Sting 03 keeper he referenced in the post.  

Mav4Life, whatever helps you make your decision to play for AG taste better, you go with it.  If it is posting on this board that your daughter is a superior being, then hey, you go boy.  In fact, allow me to extol your DD for a bit...

All hail the new Sting 03 keeper, the super-athletic savior of saving soccer balls.  The chosen one who shall lead Sting G with speed and courage.

Was that good enough Mav4Life?  If not, let me know and I'll conjure up a few more to join me in praising your super-athletic goalkeeping DD.

In closing, I offer the commentary made by Truth Serum on the newer pages of the 03 Division Outlook Page.  Interesting reading.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 05/07/13, 09:31 am

cheers 
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/13, 09:33 am

Truthserum only posts after 10 shots of vodka, read accordingly....

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 05/07/13, 09:47 am

silentparent wrote:Truthserum only posts after 10 shots of vodka, read accordingly....

Makes sense...but wait...isn't alcohol known as a truth serum?

And his name is Truthserum...

Good lord! We stumbled upon a significant rift in the space-time continuum...my head is going to explode from the epicness of this situation...
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 05/07/13, 09:49 am

Actually, what I said was didn't Sting G use their midfielder for PKs in the past, meaning when they had the keeper you said they lost NFOD that they would replace her in goal for the PKs. At least that's what they did when I saw them play LP Rush. That's what I said. No clue who was in goal in their last tournament and never eluded who was in goal for PKs.

I only brought it up because you were eluding to the fact they had a different goalie and it effected the outcome. I simply brought up the fact that the only time I saw Sting G go to PKs with their old goalie they replaced her in goal with a midfielder. So they could have had the old keeper there and from past experience she wouldn't have been in goal for PKs.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/13, 09:54 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:Truthserum only posts after 10 shots of vodka, read accordingly....

Makes sense...but wait...isn't alcohol known as a truth serum?  

And his name is Truthserum...

Good lord!  We stumbled upon a significant rift in the space-time continuum...my head is going to explode from the epicness of this situation...

You are assuming what is said is the truth as opposed to drunken drivel....

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/07/13, 09:55 am

Mav4Life wrote:No,my dd was in the division she moved from.

So what "division" did this new sting super goalie come from???

The sting Mendoza/ Hilton keeper is the only one I have seen that would be considered in this category.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next