North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D2 Fall Final Rankings: - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

D2 Fall Final Rankings:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D2 Fall Final Rankings: - Page 2 Empty Re: D2 Fall Final Rankings:

Post by backofthenet 19/10/13, 12:39 am

Rabbit, here's your carrot for 1-6 final fall standings:

1. Sting P 25pts....have 13, 4-0 finish
2. Mustangs B 24pts, have 15, 3-0 finish
3. Solar 19pts, have 15, 1-1-1 finish
4. Feet 17pts, have 13, 1-1-1 finish
5. FCD E 12pts, have 9, 1-2 finish
5. FCD P 12pts, have 5, finish 2-1-1

Best of luck to all of the girls on all 10 teams who pour their hearts out each week.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00Talent 19/10/13, 12:51 am

WOW nice chart you have constructed now I understand. I see your point for the last Six teams but its the top four that I am the most interested in. This is how I see it based on the remaining games.StingC 25pts Mustangs Bus 24pts D feet 19pts Solar 18pts.
00Talent
00Talent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 19/10/13, 05:20 pm

backofthenet wrote:Rabbit, here's your carrot for 1-6 final fall standings:

1. Sting P 25pts....have 13, 4-0 finish
2. Mustangs B 24pts, have 15, 3-0 finish
3. Solar 19pts, have 15, 1-1-1 finish
4. Feet 17pts, have 13, 1-1-1 finish
5. FCD E 12pts, have 9, 1-2 finish
5. FCD P 12pts, have 5, finish 2-1-1

Best of luck to all of the girls on all 10 teams who pour their hearts out each week.
B-Net- well said! It's not hard to see 3 teams with over 20 pts by the break.

I think the feet probably have the toughest remaining schedule; none are sure losses or wins. They split wins with SG last year, they actually split with Sting P last year in TFC tourney (lost 1-nil, won in championship game 1-nil), DTN is physical and can run... feet have shown they can score... My concern is their defense... Once The Bus found a weakness in 2nd half, they scored quickly and often...

SG- a little tougher bc they aren't scoring, but are still winning...in their worst game, they gave up only 2 pts to Sting P...their defense makes every game close. At some point, they have to lose some close games if they don't start scoring... BUT... If they find a way to start scoring, the race gets very interesting. Very interested to see how their defense does against the Bus.

Some pressure for the top 2 team--just a surprise tie by either dramatically jumbles the top 3. For them, a tie is almost like a loss... It'll be interesting how they perform under the "pressure" of the close race. I think Sting C is playing the "best soccer" right now with a crazy 14 GF (3 of which against the Bus) and 1 GA, with 4 games left this fall...

Then comes Spring which is a totally different season-- time off, middle school sports (and injuries), cooler weather (better soccer when it's not 100 degrees?) and experience... Some teams, like DTN, seem to get better in the Spring... And start surprising the top 5.

Get out the popcorn!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by a-nonny-moose 19/10/13, 11:27 pm

The thing about Feet is this......6 new players added to the mix and a new defensive system of play. Growing pains in the back as they shift from the academy sweeper system to the flat back. However, This group can score goals, and as they gel on defense will become very tough. Teams who play Feet will need to score to win.....cause FEET will score!!

a-nonny-moose
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/10/13, 11:19 pm

a-nonny-moose wrote:The thing about Feet is this......6 new players added to the mix and a new defensive system of play.  Growing pains in the back as they shift from the academy sweeper system to the flat back.  However, This group can score goals, and as they gel on defense will become very tough.  Teams who play Feet will need to score to win.....cause FEET will score!!  
Moose- I understand everything you said-- I think you're right on the money--especially the stuff about the flatback sweeper, defensive gel on a group of 6 scoring feet  ... But we're talking REAL soccer here. Suspect ... I didn't see your Long Term Weekly Final Fall Ranking?... Here let me get you started...

1. Feet
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/10/13, 09:26 am

So, after everyone's darling Sting CP was chosen as the favorite, FCDE tied them Sunday...What happened in that game?

Before I get blasted, I also chose SCP as the #1...and I thought FCDE was actually better than the result when we played them, so I don't mean that question with disresepect.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 21/10/13, 10:05 am

dadof3 wrote:So, after everyone's darling Sting CP was chosen as the favorite, FCDE tied them Sunday...What happened in that game?

Before I get blasted, I also chose SCP as the #1...and I thought FCDE was actually better than the result when we played them, so I don't mean that question with disresepect.
An interesting sidebar to these two teams, At least 3 players which some might consider "play makers" moved from FCDE to SCP last season and two other players moved to Sting G and Cosmos the year before. Hard hits to FCDE. With those moves I was pleasantly surprised to see FCDE staying alive and thriving, very good coach, strong program, dedicated players.
My take on the 1-1 tie, which I called it Twisted Evil was either as was mentioned above; the ECNL players were not present and could not secure a win. Or, FCDE played to the abilities of Sting P, which wouldn't surprise me considering FCDE's coach trained several of the Sting players. I wasn't there to watch the match. I'd love a spectator's insight.
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudder 21/10/13, 10:51 am

My take on the game: Very evenly matched. FCDE played more possession ball, with more control in the mid-field. SCP seemed more of a threat on a counter attack. Game really could have gone either way. FCDE got a goal mid-first half on a shot from outside the 18 that went in high over the keeper. SCP had a couple opportunities, really one that should have gone it that beat the keeper but was just wide of the far post. Second half was very similar to the first. FCDE had a couple more chances, one header that should have been scored that also went just wide of the post. SCP scored with under 2' left in the game with a good possession resulting in a shot from just inside the 18 that stayed low and went in just inside the post. These two teams know each other well, and I think would always play a very close game. Score was a tie, I think it could have gone either way, and I would say FCDE played up to if not beyond the level of SCP.

Rudder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 21/10/13, 11:14 am

Rudder wrote:My take on the game:  Very evenly matched.  FCDE played more possession ball, with more control in the mid-field.  SCP seemed more of a threat on a counter attack. Game really could have gone either way.  FCDE got a goal mid-first half on a shot from outside the 18 that went in high over the keeper.  SCP had a couple opportunities, really one that should have gone it that beat the keeper but was just wide of the far post.  Second half was very similar to the first.  FCDE had a couple more chances, one header that should have been scored that also went just wide of the post.  SCP scored with under 2' left in the game with a good possession resulting in a shot from just inside the 18 that stayed low and went in just inside the post.  These two teams know each other well, and I think would always play a very close game.  Score was a tie, I think it could have gone either way, and I would say FCDE played up to if not beyond the level of SCP.
I knew I should have set my alarm to head out to UTD for this match. From your description, it sounds like it was a good one! Thanks for the insight.
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/10/13, 12:09 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:
Rudder wrote:My take on the game:  Very evenly matched.  FCDE played more possession ball, with more control in the mid-field.  SCP seemed more of a threat on a counter attack. Game really could have gone either way.  FCDE got a goal mid-first half on a shot from outside the 18 that went in high over the keeper.  SCP had a couple opportunities, really one that should have gone it that beat the keeper but was just wide of the far post.  Second half was very similar to the first.  FCDE had a couple more chances, one header that should have been scored that also went just wide of the post.  SCP scored with under 2' left in the game with a good possession resulting in a shot from just inside the 18 that stayed low and went in just inside the post.  These two teams know each other well, and I think would always play a very close game.  Score was a tie, I think it could have gone either way, and I would say FCDE played up to if not beyond the level of SCP.
I knew I should have set my alarm to head out to UTD for this match. From your description, it sounds like it was a good one! Thanks for the insight.
Yes, thanks for the commentary. I have thought that FCDE has played some good soccer. I have been surprised by some of their results, but I have seen them pull out games and play solidly against the level of competition in D2, so aside from their inconsistent results, they (and certainly others) can pull points out of any match this year. Good for FCDE-and good for SCP for salvaging a point at the end...sounds like an exciting game!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by beast 21/10/13, 04:18 pm

dadof3 wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:
Yes, thanks for the commentary.  I have thought that FCDE has played some good soccer.  I have been surprised by some of their results, but I have seen them pull out games and play solidly against the level of competition in D2, so aside from their inconsistent results, they (and certainly others) can pull points out of any match this year.  Good for FCDE-and good for SCP for salvaging a point at the end...sounds like an exciting game!
Any Sting parents care to chime in? There tends to be 2 sides to every game and I am curious if the game appeared the same to the Sting parents. Sounds like a good game and a good result for FCDE.
beast
beast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 21/10/13, 07:52 pm

beast wrote:
dadof3 wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:
Yes, thanks for the commentary.  I have thought that FCDE has played some good soccer.  I have been surprised by some of their results, but I have seen them pull out games and play solidly against the level of competition in D2, so aside from their inconsistent results, they (and certainly others) can pull points out of any match this year.  Good for FCDE-and good for SCP for salvaging a point at the end...sounds like an exciting game!
Any Sting parents care to chime in?  There tends to be 2 sides to every game and I am curious if the game appeared the same to the Sting parents.  Sounds like a good game and a good result for FCDE.
Beast, what makes you think Rudder isn't a Sting parent. IMO, that's sound like an unbiased commentary to me. affraid 
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudder 21/10/13, 09:16 pm

In all fairness, I am a FDCE parent, but have good friends on SCP as well. I hope that my post is taken as just commentary on the game from an FCDE parent perspective and no disrespect is intended towards a very talented SCP team.
After re-reading my post, I did leave out one of the great opportunities in the second half that SCP had. Ball was played into the corner, the FCDE goalie came out but the SCP forward was faster then she thought (heck, she's faster then most people think until she runs by them). Goalie got caught in no-man's land, cross in front of the goal, and the FCDE backside mid barely got her foot in the way of the shot from the SCP outside mid, resulting in a fortunate bounce to the goalie.
I would also have to admit, and this is very hard for me, that the ref's did a good job. Both teams did focus more on soccer tactics rather then the NTX Rugby style I've seen from some, but even still, the refs seemed to make the calls when need be and play on when need be. There was possibly one call where the FCDE player made a clumsy challenge just at the edge of the 18 box (couldn't tell if inside or out from my vantage point). The result of the play was a corner, but could have been a FK/PK as well.
Finally, for my friends out there, my DD is fine. She just played until exhaustion as always and unfortunately late in the game her body was just tired and she tweaked her hip when she stretched awkwardly in the midfield challenge resulting in a very painful stinger. She was a little sore today but was at volleyball practice at 6:30 this morning ready to go Smile

Rudder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 21/10/13, 11:31 pm

My unbiased opinion as a fan of the game and of Sting bc of friends (but no DD on team): FC out hustled SCP IMO. I think FC played out of their minds and good for them. That's not meant to be offensive at all, but I think top to bottom SCP is better. But not on Sunday. FC was playing to prove something; SCP was still hung over from WAGS success.

Not the same result in spring.

If FC wants to be for real they'll show up against the Mustangs and out work them. Otherwise they'll be just a one-off in a big game and not for real. Put together a back-2-back and I'll be a believer. Until then it's still a 2-horse race with The Bus and Big Blue.

I would love to see FC prove themselves; those girls did it well on Sunday; makes for a more interesting league..... But not likely again against The Bus. Sorry, Hoops. Every now and then a blind squirrel finds a nut.

SCP turned over 8 in summer. Not a bad team for having to re-tool 50% of the roster. If those girls stick with each other and trust their development process, look out.

FC in rebuilding mode too. Fun to see.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 22/10/13, 12:39 am

Hey guys, I agree that D2 is a 5 way race next spring... Question,

I find it interesting that Solar G seems to be overlooked, despite being number one (for time being).  Sure, they lost to SCP (my preseason #1) 2-0, but the Bus lost to them 3-0, but SG still ranked 3 or 4 in most rankings... I've been wrong before, but I don't see Bussey running over SG like they did have the rest of the league... I actually see a pretty close game between SG & the Bus.

I'm no SG homer, but they do close out games with W's... Why no believers? Just curious.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by beast 22/10/13, 05:31 am

Packrabbit wrote:Hey guys, I agree that D2 is a 5 way race next spring... Question,

I find it interesting that Solar G seems to be overlooked, despite being number one (for time being).  Sure, they lost to SCP (my preseason #1) 2-0, but the Bus lost to them 3-0, but SG still ranked 3 or 4 in most rankings... I've been wrong before, but I don't see Bussey running over SG like they did have the rest of the league... I actually see a pretty close game between SG & the Bus.

I'm no SG homer, but they do close out games with W's... Why no believers? Just curious.
My guess is because while they are winning, they winning 1-0 games with 1 exception. The other 3 top teams are winning big. Bottom line is goal scoring. And yes they are in first, tied in points with Bussey though, so take it easy. They also have 2 of the top 3 to play. SG is a good team and who knows, they may end up on top, but they have a couple tough games ahead of them. I think those remaining games will be good competitive games and no one will walk over SG.
beast
beast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 22/10/13, 08:44 am

SG has a great coach, and a great group of girls, and I don't think anyone has underestimated, or underrated SG. There is little doubt SG will have a problem taking another win this weekend against MS, and while they are tied with MB, the two matches after MS are going to be telling.
SG's 3-1 win over FCDE hasn't been the norm in terms of scoring for SG. I have to echo beast for a minute. SG's scoring against lower ranked division teams has been consistent thus far, winning all matches by 1(with the exception of SCP) and that's not to say there were not opportunities by the opponents in each of those matches, I know we dinged SG's crossbar a couple of times, unlucky?

Last edited by midfieldersdad on 22/10/13, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/13, 08:56 am

midfieldersdad wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/13, 09:31 am

Solar Gold has been winning close games for 4 years now. I think it's a trend. Mentally tough team. I don't know if it's the coach or the players, I suspect it's both. Anybody that overlooks them is not paying attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 22/10/13, 11:53 am

Pack...i will accept the accusation of being a lurker, I've found over the past years that lurking helps keep my blood pressure down.

With that said, I will humbly add my thoughts to the mix. I agree that MB, Feet, SCP, SG and FCDE are all solid, competitive teams. Any given soccer day one of them could come away with a win against each other.  However, Feet, MB and SCP seem to have more attacking threats giving them more scoring opportunities which I see them as being in the top three. SG is sound all around, our match against them was tight but I think you will see MB, SCP and possibly Feet slide in above them. No disrespect to them at all, again they are a solid team.
As for the rest of the D2, they are solid teams as well but have a little refining to do, for a lack of better words.  I haven't seen FCDP or DTN play in a while but will get that chance in the coming weekends to validate whether that holds true for them or not.
I'm glad to see DTFW adding some dynamic to the group, I think there was some doubt they would be able to compete. As not to be biased, I think it's fair based on their outcomes they are competing just fine. There's still work to be done but I think they will have a stronger spring season ( you could call that an early prediction). Smile 

So there ya go...my measly two cents.
Keep those DDs healthy and have fun out there! cheers
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 22/10/13, 10:24 pm

High blood pressure is nothing to fool around with!

I hear what y'all are saying-- those close 1-0 games can go either way. Granted, SG does seem to have problems finding the back of the net (it would make me a nervous wreck), however , most of the SG 1-0 games I have watched over the past year or so, weren't that close-- should've have been "bigger" wins (of course, present company excluded lol). Sooner or later, these close games are bound to bite them in the bud... But I have to recognize the consistency... Which surprisingly, SCP and others (except MB) in D2 haven't really displayed...

When I made my end of fall rankings, I fully understood that
-SG has the Feet and MB left to play...
-MB has SG and a bull dog FCDE team that tied SCP..
-feet has SG, SCP...
-SCP seems to be able to beat or tie anyone...

I just report the news, but I see those upcoming SG games being 1-0 or 1-1 games as well... The question I had to answer (after looking at pts and schedule), which team is used to playing & winning in close games... Hmmm ... No disrespect to anyone, but I haven't seen MB. SCP or Feet win a "close" game yet this season... They either win by 2 or 3 or they don't win (or tie).

Next Spring is going to be fun... FCDE a week ago was an also ran... This week, they might have just played themselves into contention for a return to D1... Get the popcorn out!

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 22/10/13, 11:48 pm

Hello, I am dadof3 and I am a lurker...

I guess my two cents is this...you all have some pretty solid reasons behind what you are saying...I have watched everyone play some at least once, and I see the same things as everyone else...

I have been around soccer my entire life, and I have seen streaks where you win those close games, then streaks where you lose them. Who knows, the SG girls may hit their stride and start scoring in bunches...they also might start giving up some goals. It just happens that way sometimes. As I have said before, I think any team in D2 can beat/tie another on any given day. The next three weeks will tell the story, then everyone will retool, take on injuries and/or get healthy and we start again.

While it has been stressful, it has also been the most EVEN league I have seen. The results aren't all even, but there is quite a lot of talent, and the play is pretty good overall. I don't see any gimmes on the schedule. Every team my dd has played has tied or beaten us before if we have played them (or they look about the same against common opponents).

I just take it one game at a time...is that one of the steps?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2