Latest topics
And it begins...Today at 20:19SoccerSuckers
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 18:35Seed
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 15:41U90C
08 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 14:49U90C
TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 9-11, 2018Today at 12:47U90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 12:46U90C
2018 America's Red, White & Blue CupToday at 9:50Liverpool Tournaments
Here were go again - Games CancellationYesterday at 21:07MurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 16:42SoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 14:49U90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 14:48U90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 14:47U90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn Yesterday at 14:42LP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 12:32Gameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 11:06U90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 11:04U90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 11:04U90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practicesYesterday at 10:19Sportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer OpportunitiesYesterday at 10:03kmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D3Sun 23 Sep - 23:25coachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for playersSun 23 Sep - 10:55soccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for playersSun 23 Sep - 10:55soccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two LocationsSun 23 Sep - 9:04SoccerSuckers
U12 DA LandscapeSun 23 Sep - 0:32factsmatter
Week 1 in D1Sat 22 Sep - 10:09TexanDad37
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is DRFC Academy

Our users have posted a total of 182090 messages in 24173 subjects

what is happened to the ODP talent

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by WTX_TUMBLEWEED on Tue 25 Feb - 9:58

So how did the 01g teams play in College Station? Good, bad, or so so?

WTX_TUMBLEWEED
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by dallasgal on Thu 20 Mar - 23:54

silentparent wrote:and what top teams do the dfeeters have in lake highlands?
03s,02s,and 01s each have a DI team. The rest are in ECNL with a scattering of LHGCL teams.....

dallasgal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 2440
Join date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by pitchdweller on Mon 24 Mar - 21:25

Very Happy


Last edited by pitchdweller on Thu 8 Oct - 12:40; edited 1 time in total

pitchdweller
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 3564
Join date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by intrinsic on Mon 24 Mar - 22:13

One thing I disagree with: Overcoaching is not the problem. Knowing what to teach and how to teach it is the problem.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 469
Points : 3984
Join date : 2009-05-25

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by DMoo on Sun 20 Apr - 21:27

My daughter loved playing with the ODP team. Great experience and she learned a lot. Especially being able to jump in and play with people you don't really know. Plenty of benefits.

DMoo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 1627
Join date : 2014-04-20

Back to top Go down

01 team in College Station

Post by ledger on Mon 21 Apr - 18:35

WTX_TUMBLEWEED wrote:So how did the 01g teams play in College Station? Good, bad, or so so?

The top team won or tied all games played. They had a nice possession-style game. It was a solid group with about half of the kids (maybe more) playing in 02 teams.

ledger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2324
Join date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Zizou on Mon 21 Apr - 19:19

South TX destoyed the 01 group 3-1 in the morning game. They tied Oklahoma and I believe won their final game vs ?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by ledger on Mon 21 Apr - 19:51

Zizou wrote:South TX destoyed  the 01 group 3-1 in the morning game. They tied Oklahoma and I believe won their final game vs ?

There were two 01 teams there. The top team tied two and won one. You may be referring to the other 01 team. There were some players out due to a jr. ECNL event in Austin. At least one player traveled back and forth from Austin to play in some of the games. Fun event and the girls did well overall.

ledger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2324
Join date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Zizou on Mon 21 Apr - 20:10

Well, the one thing we can agree on is that the top players were not there! Peace!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by goldenshoe on Mon 21 Apr - 20:28

ODP will be taking one team to South Cal Event. How will they do? Any predictions?

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 3039
Join date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Zizou on Mon 21 Apr - 20:31

It will depend solely on the players that sign up for the event.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Zizou on Mon 21 Apr - 20:34

The last time we were in northern cal lost two tied one. It really depends on getting the right players to go to increase your chances of success.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by WTX_TUMBLEWEED on Tue 22 Apr - 11:56

ledger wrote:
WTX_TUMBLEWEED wrote:So how did the 01g teams play in College Station? Good, bad, or so so?

The top team won or tied all games played. They had a nice possession-style game. It was a solid group with about half of the kids (maybe more) playing in 02 teams.

Zizou wrote:South TX destoyed  the 01 group 3-1 in the morning game. They tied Oklahoma and I believe won their final game vs ?

ledger wrote:
Zizou wrote:South TX destoyed  the 01 group 3-1 in the morning game. They tied Oklahoma and I believe won their final game vs ?

There were two 01 teams there. The top team tied two and won one.  You may be referring to the other 01 team. There were some players out due to a jr. ECNL event in Austin. At least one player traveled back and forth from Austin to play in some of the games. Fun event and the girls did well overall.

Zizou wrote:Well, the one thing we can agree on is that the top players were not there! Peace!
I appreciate the response. I have been wondering for awhile how they did.
avatar
WTX_TUMBLEWEED
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 1915
Join date : 2013-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Tiki-taka on Tue 22 Apr - 17:37

Zizou wrote:Well, the one thing we can agree on is that the top players were not there! Peace!


Pretty arrogant, and no I don't agree with you.
avatar
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 468
Points : 3448
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Zizou on Tue 22 Apr - 17:55

Well, you are allowed your opinion. Thanks

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Coach&Ref on Tue 22 Apr - 18:41

Just my opinion, but it seems like some of the top talent in the 02/03 age group have either quit, don't come to practice anymore, or just don't want to participate.

I could be wrong, but I just got the feeling that odp was opening up the entire event possibly because of lack of participation in previous events. They used to send out invites to whom they deemed were top players before inviting others, so I don't know if this was a "one off" or not. That, accompanied by the email stating that the event counts as so many missed practices, seemed odd.

Just an observation.

__________________________________________________
Kids are THINKING players on the pitch, not video game characters to be moved around with a joystick by coaches.
avatar
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 2865
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : Swabbing decks aboard the Black Pearl

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Apr - 23:17

Zizou wrote:Well, you are allowed your joke of an opinion. Thanks

FIFY

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by goldenshoe on Wed 23 Apr - 0:14

Coach&Ref wrote:Just my opinion, but it seems like some of the top talent in the 02/03 age group have either quit, don't come to practice anymore, or just don't want to participate.

I could be wrong, but I just got the feeling that odp was opening up the entire event possibly because of lack of participation in previous events. They used to send out invites to whom they deemed were top players before inviting others, so I don't know if this was a "one off" or not. That, accompanied by the email stating that the event counts as so many missed practices, seemed odd.

Just an observation.

Did 02/03 received invite for South Cal Event as well?

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 3039
Join date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by Coach&Ref on Wed 23 Apr - 0:23

goldenshoe wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Just my opinion, but it seems like some of the top talent in the 02/03 age group have either quit, don't come to practice anymore, or just don't want to participate.

I could be wrong, but I just got the feeling that odp was opening up the entire event possibly because of lack of participation in previous events. They used to send out invites to whom they deemed were top players before inviting others, so I don't know if this was a "one off" or not. That, accompanied by the email stating that the event counts as so many missed practices, seemed odd.

Just an observation.

Did 02/03 received invite for South Cal Event as well?

I have no idea. I didn't get one, so maybe my observation was wrong. It happens.  Very Happy

__________________________________________________
Kids are THINKING players on the pitch, not video game characters to be moved around with a joystick by coaches.
avatar
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 2865
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : Swabbing decks aboard the Black Pearl

Back to top Go down

Re: what is happened to the ODP talent

Post by SD69 on Wed 23 Apr - 8:42

I think only the 01s were invited this year.
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 3597
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum