North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me? Empty So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me?

Post by Brazuca 28/02/14, 09:52 am

Assuming there is a range depending on club but some estimates of out of pocket for last year would be helpful for us newbies.  Are there different costs associated with having a GK?  Do clubs have GK kits that must be purchased along with a player kit if my DD plays the field as well as GK?  How are the fees typically broken down?  Dues, Kits, Tournaments and Travel?  Thanks!
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me? Empty Re: So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me?

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 10:19 am

04KeeperDad wrote:Assuming there is a range depending on club but some estimates of out of pocket for last year would be helpful for us newbies.  Are there different costs associated with having a GK?  Do clubs have GK kits that must be purchased along with a player kit if my DD plays the field as well as GK?  How are the fees typically broken down?  Dues, Kits, Tournaments and Travel?  Thanks!

The range is pretty wide. Extremely hard to get away with <$1k/year and that is going to be on a team with a head coach that isn't getting paid, has limited access to lighted and/or indoor practice facilities, and doesn't play many tournaments or travel at all.

At the top end, for a #1 team at one of the "big" clubs, where you are likely traveling to tournaments (including one's you have to fly to) once or twice a year, you could be looking at $5k-$6k.

The dues/fees/uniform kit costs/structures are all a bit different between the clubs. At some clubs, the team dues include a discretionary budget that covers 2-3 tournaments/year and possibly some indoor rentals. At some clubs, the dues only cover coaching fees/league fees/practice field fees, and all tournaments are additional out-of-pocket. Some include uniform kits in the dues, but most charge separately for kits. So you have to make sure you are comparing apples-apples.

If you are talking about a Lake Highlands level team, playing for one of the well established clubs (D'Feeters, Texans, Solar, Sting, FC Dallas, Liverpool, Andromeda, Tx. Spirit, Dallas Rush, Kicks, etc...), you are likely looking at between $3k-$4k per year when everything is done, and you add up every cent you've paid out of pocket towards soccer for the year.

Smaller clubs and independent teams, most are still probably going to be at least $2k/year.

...and yes, if your DD is a Keeper AND a Field player, you will pay extra for both field and keeper uniforms. Depending on the club/coach, some will let you get away with buying a full field kit and just 1 or 2 keeper jerseys, but some will require you to buy both a full field kit and full keeper kit, at the tune of ~$300 extra out of your pocket. ...oh, and for keepers, don't forget gloves at anywhere between $50-$150 a pop that will last anywhere from 3-6 months before having to be replaced... Welcome to the club! Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me? Empty Re: So Really, What's This Select Thing Gonna Cost Me?

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 10:38 am

your 30s

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 28/02/14, 10:44 am

Your sanity.
Coach
Coach
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 12:13 pm

bwgophers wrote:
04KeeperDad wrote:Assuming there is a range depending on club but some estimates of out of pocket for last year would be helpful for us newbies.  Are there different costs associated with having a GK?  Do clubs have GK kits that must be purchased along with a player kit if my DD plays the field as well as GK?  How are the fees typically broken down?  Dues, Kits, Tournaments and Travel?  Thanks!

The range is pretty wide.  Extremely hard to get away with <$1k/year and that is going to be on a team with a head coach that isn't getting paid, has limited access to lighted and/or indoor practice facilities, and doesn't play many tournaments or travel at all.

At the top end, for a #1 team at one of the "big" clubs, where you are likely traveling to tournaments (including one's you have to fly to) once or twice a year, you could be looking at $5k-$6k.

The dues/fees/uniform kit costs/structures are all a bit different between the clubs.  At some clubs, the team dues include a discretionary budget that covers 2-3 tournaments/year and possibly some indoor rentals.  At some clubs, the dues only cover coaching fees/league fees/practice field fees, and all tournaments are additional out-of-pocket. Some include uniform kits in the dues, but most charge separately for kits.  So you have to make sure you are comparing apples-apples.

If you are talking about a Lake Highlands level team, playing for one of the well established clubs (D'Feeters, Texans, Solar, Sting, FC Dallas, Liverpool, Andromeda, Tx. Spirit, Dallas Rush, Kicks, etc...), you are likely looking at between $3k-$4k per year when everything is done, and you add up every cent you've paid out of pocket towards soccer for the year.

Smaller clubs and independent teams, most are still probably going to be at least $2k/year.

...and yes, if your DD is a Keeper AND a Field player, you will pay extra for both field and keeper uniforms.  Depending on the club/coach, some will let you get away with buying a full field kit and just 1 or 2 keeper jerseys, but some will require you to buy both a full field kit and full keeper kit, at the tune of ~$300 extra out of your pocket.  ...oh, and for keepers, don't forget gloves at anywhere between $50-$150 a pop that will last anywhere from 3-6 months before having to be replaced...  Welcome to the club! Rolling Eyes 

BW just referred to Kicks as one of the more established clubs... nice! Movin on up in the world!! Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 28/02/14, 12:20 pm

It will cost:
All your old friends.
All Holiday weekends.
Any flexibility in scheduling family vacations.
For the next 8 years.
Enjoy!

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer003 28/02/14, 01:31 pm

There is a team out i know of that is under $1K that includes lighted fields, full uniform and practice kit, all league fees and 4-6 tournaments a year. Gunners...

Soccer003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 01:36 pm

your perspective...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 01:53 pm

Gunner9 wrote:It will cost:
All your old friends.
All Holiday weekends.
Any flexibility in scheduling family vacations.
For the next 8 years.
Enjoy!

Yes to all the above and...

Weekends in general...
The cost of a housekeeper (you won't have time to do it on the weekends)...
The cost of lawn care (unless you're unencumbered by a pesky HOA)...
Additional tolls traveling 121 to Plano or Bush to UTD...
Competitive Transfer/Release Processing fee's of $25.00...

any others we're missing?

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 28/02/14, 02:44 pm

3.22 a gallon

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 28/02/14, 03:03 pm

For me, ALL the above times 4! (four dds)
Plus two knee surgeries (one more coming after the season), three concussions, tons of tape and prewrap, and related MRIs, PT, etc.

And don't underestimate that $3.22+/gallon.. it really adds up!
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 28/02/14, 03:31 pm

Yep. About $10-15 in gas per practice. Double that for each Plano game.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 03:57 pm

Borussia wrote:BW just referred to Kicks as one of the more established clubs... nice! Movin on up in the world!! Haha

Yeah, but notice that I didn't get to them until after I mentioned Dallas Rush... affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 03:59 pm

SteamingBean wrote:For me, ALL the above times 4!  (four dds)
Plus two knee surgeries (one more coming after the season), three concussions, tons of tape and prewrap, and related MRIs, PT, etc.

Anyone who can put four children through this circus gets nothing but respect. This site needs the bow down emoticon for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 04:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Borussia wrote:BW just referred to Kicks as one of the more established clubs... nice! Movin on up in the world!! Haha

Yeah, but notice that I didn't get to them until after I mentioned Dallas Rush... affraid 

I don't buy it until you can purchase kicks gear in soccer corner. Then we'll know we're talking about a substantial organization....wait...big blue vola is only china direct? Nevermind... Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by wilatnus 28/02/14, 04:14 pm

Your dignity and a little embarrassment when you realize how much time you wasted on this board ....
wilatnus
wilatnus
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 04:20 pm

Staying away from Soccer Corner is the sign of a smart club in my book. That is unless you like delays, being lied to about orders and dealing with things being screwed up on a consistent basis.

On that note...add the cost of gas for frequent trips to Soccer Corner if that's who your club uses for gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 04:20 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

I don't buy it until you can purchase kicks gear in soccer corner.  Then we'll know we're talking about a substantial organization....wait...big blue vola is only china direct? Nevermind... Laughing 

Actually, it's Peru... where do you think all of the lottery money went??? Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/02/14, 04:54 pm

bwgophers wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

I don't buy it until you can purchase kicks gear in soccer corner.  Then we'll know we're talking about a substantial organization....wait...big blue vola is only china direct? Nevermind... Laughing 

Actually, it's Peru...  where do you think all of the lottery money went??? Suspect 

Careful now!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 28/02/14, 05:15 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
SteamingBean wrote:For me, ALL the above times 4!  (four dds)

Anyone who can put four children through this circus gets nothing but respect. This site needs the bow down emoticon for you!

My question after four kids is: Is it worth it?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 28/02/14, 10:51 pm

Well as a GK parent the cost is more then a field player plan and simple. Your going to pay the same club cost as everyone else but your uniform kit is usually $50-75 more then a field players kit. Last year we bought both a field kit & GK kit. My dd only played the field in blow out games usually in tournaments. She only played the field a handful of times. This is a serious question you need to talk to your dd coach about. Find out what his expectations will be for her next year. Will she be a full time GK or share the position 50/50. This year we didn't even waste our money on a field kit as my dd is a full time GK. Roughly club & uniform fees was right at $3k (Sting). The club does a lot appx $1-1,200 in tournament fees per team if the team has a full roster (16 players). The tourney money is reduced if less roster players. Travel will be dependent if your coach decides to do out of town tournaments but plan to spend roughly $500-700 per out of town tourney that is within driving distance.

I don't even take into account gas/mileage/tolls getting dd to GK training. She plays for Sting and while she has attended club GK training she feels she doesn't get anything out of those sessions as it very basic/beginner training. She has been a GK for 5yrs now. She has been with an awesome GK coach for the last 3yrs that we pay out of pocket for. She trains with him every other week due to cost. That alone tacks on another $1200 a year in training cost to the bill.

Then add in her GK gear. She goes through 3-4 pair of gloves within the year (fall & spring). I am lucky currently her gloves are relatively cheap. Plus at least 1 pair of GK pants a year. Between gloves and pants that is roughly another $200-300 to the bill. That's not counting the cleats (lately 2 pairs a year as her foot is growing so fast right now).

So in total it's roughly $1500 in addition to the club/uniform fees. That is being very conservative to say the least. If I added gas/mileage & tolls in I might hide under a rock and cry but at the end of the day my dd LOVES being a GK and it makes it all worth it.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/03/14, 05:49 am

4-3-3 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

It is only by club choice that you cant. They have been asking for a year now to sell our spirit gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by AKeepersMomma 06/03/14, 01:04 pm

Wow! This had been an eye opening discussion for me. Little bit of a harsh realization. I only have 2 years until Select for my DD.  Shocked 

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerdad 06/03/14, 01:52 pm

By then, the costs will have doubled Laughing
tigerdad
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 06/03/14, 04:02 pm

Also, part tongue-in-cheek and part not.. Don't let it cost you your job/career. Keep your head screwed on tightly, don't get too carried away, and keep things in perspective. Three close select friends through the years, a mom and two dads, actually lost their jobs. Too much leaving work early for cross-town practices, missing important meetings for tournament travel, team management during the work day, and overall team priority over work. You know you're getting close to insanity if you're already checking gopher's rankings (or whoever does your academy dd's age) every waking moment and if you have tequila or other stiff drink as part of your user name. JK. ((I may have been one of those two dads back before I had any sense)). I know that's extreme, but still kinda falls into the "what's this select thing gonna cost me" lol.
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next