North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

96 End of year movement Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

96 End of year movement

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

96 End of year movement Empty 96 End of year movement

Post by mojo 13/04/10, 02:01 am

With the league wrapped up, State Cup on the horizon and June 1st lurking around the corner, will this be the year that the 96 division finally starts to consolidate the top talent or will it remain spread out across the board?

Travel and cost will now become a big player on the top teams that are National/ECNL leagues and/or playing in regular showcase tournaments. Some teams might be more accustomed to traveling while others will get a fresh taste.

I would think that cost would be pretty even when looking at the top 5 or 6 D1 teams.

Comments?
mojo
mojo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

96 End of year movement Empty Re: 96 End of year movement

Post by ontheball 13/04/10, 07:05 am

I beg to differ, the cost for the top 4 will be more due to PL. I know everytime we travel between lodging, meals, and gas we spend about $400-$500 a weekend. Then for the teams who will play ECNL I have heard figures as high as an extra $4-$5K due to flights, hotels, meals, gas, etc. More money is what I see $$$$.
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 07:17 am

ontheball wrote:I beg to differ, the cost for the top 4 will be more due to PL. I know everytime we travel between lodging, meals, and gas we spend about $400-$500 a weekend. Then for the teams who will play ECNL I have heard figures as high as an extra $4-$5K due to flights, hotels, meals, gas, etc. More money is what I see $$$$.
I totally agree! PL is a whippin and even though the games are drivable, the added cost will make PL teams a tough bill to pay!
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/04/10, 07:40 am

96Guru wrote:
ontheball wrote:I beg to differ, the cost for the top 4 will be more due to PL. I know everytime we travel between lodging, meals, and gas we spend about $400-$500 a weekend. Then for the teams who will play ECNL I have heard figures as high as an extra $4-$5K due to flights, hotels, meals, gas, etc. More money is what I see $$$$.
I totally agree! PL is a whippin and even though the games are drivable, the added cost will make PL teams a tough bill to pay!
It is a very small amount to pay considering what you will get in return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/04/10, 07:44 am

mojo wrote:With the league wrapped up, State Cup on the horizon and June 1st lurking around the corner, will this be the year that the 96 division finally starts to consolidate the top talent or will it remain spread out across the board?

Travel and cost will now become a big player on the top teams that are National/ECNL leagues and/or playing in regular showcase tournaments. Some teams might be more accustomed to traveling while others will get a fresh taste.

I would think that cost would be pretty even when looking at the top 5 or 6 D1 teams.

Comments?
The league is not wrapped up yet. Rev and Mustangs should be playing a game sometime this week. to determine the make-up of the next D-1 season.

Back to top Go down

Post by charger 13/04/10, 07:49 am

#2420 wrote:
96Guru wrote:

What is the return, you are getting?

charger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/04/10, 07:51 am

mojo wrote:With the league wrapped up, State Cup on the horizon and June 1st lurking around the corner, will this be the year that the 96 division finally starts to consolidate the top talent or will it remain spread out across the board?
IMO, the most significant movement since this group went select.

Mo $ Mo $ Mo $

Probably right as I believe the 5th/6th place teams are in ECNL and will probably pick up tournaments/showcases that will more than make up for the loss of PL.

Comments?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 08:28 am

charger wrote:
#2420 wrote:
96Guru wrote:

What is the return, you are getting?

I think it could be argued by some people but I believe the exposure to college coaches is the biggest return. Now that verbal commitments are being made as early as a players sophmore year in high school. I have looked at the attendance list for one 95 game last year and there were 87 college coaches.

Another big part is the fact that players mature and develop off the field from traveling period. Thus, when going to high school and college they will already have the experience of preparing for games on the road and everything it takes to get mentally focused after long trips along with being prepared for what obstacles can be thrown in front of them. Staying at hotels, being around a lot of different players from around the country, the weather etc...
Building their mental strength from the pressure of having so many college coaches watching them doesnt hurt either.

Hopefully, by the time a player graduates, they have been prepared by their current coach for the changes that can take place at the college level. Every coach is different in what they expect so a forward on a D1 team in LH might be offered a scholarship by a coach that wants her to play stopper.

All in all, while the esperience is pricey, we all hope to get it back down the road.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by charger 13/04/10, 08:46 am

So PL is good for the non ECNL or Texans and does not really matter until sophmore year?

charger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 09:06 am

charger wrote:So PL is good for the non ECNL or Texans and does not really matter until sophmore year?

Not exactly. Texans have national league and a lot of exposure from showcase tournaments along with just being the Texans.

The sophmore year comment was meant to express the fact that colleges are reaching deeper into the age groups in the earlier years. Players getting national exposure at U15, the first year they can showcase, might fair better than players that dont travel at all or play in showcase tournaments. Not a guarantee but high school soccer games have never been known as a feeding ground for college coaches.

If you have a player on a team that does not travel at all and just plays local tournaments, the interest level from colleges other than around the state might not be as abundant.

So, its up to each individual on how and where they want to spend their money. It can be looked at in so many different ways. I guess one of the biggest questions would be how your DD would stand out agaisnt some of the top competition in the country as opposed to competiton here locally in just an everyday tournament.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 End of year movement Empty RE; ECNL expenses

Post by dumbdad9596 13/04/10, 09:18 am

I have heard to plan on 8K+ for an ECNL team.
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 09:31 am

dumbdad9596 wrote:I have heard to plan on 8K+ for an ECNL team.
That might not be too far off. Actually, any team that showcases 3 or 4 times a year whether they are ECNL or not, will spend quite a bit of money. People shouldnt be confused thinking that ECNL is this blown up expense league. It is just a defined league that has the showcase tournaments built into it.
If you look at the tournaments that both National league and ECNL teams played in this year, they are the same tournaments that teams would go to to showcase anyway. All the leagues do is breakdown what teams you would play against.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 13/04/10, 09:33 am

I think it will be higher. Although it depends what else you factor in (like parents' airfare, hotel, meals, etc). We spent more than $8k not being in ECNL yet.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sloppy joe 13/04/10, 09:35 am

96Guru wrote:
charger wrote:So PL is good for the non ECNL or Texans and does not really matter until sophmore year?

Not exactly. Texans have national league and a lot of exposure from showcase tournaments along with just being the Texans.

The sophmore year comment was meant to express the fact that colleges are reaching deeper into the age groups in the earlier years. Players getting national exposure at U15, the first year they can showcase, might fair better than players that dont travel at all or play in showcase tournaments. Not a guarantee but high school soccer games have never been known as a feeding ground for college coaches.

If you have a player on a team that does not travel at all and just plays local tournaments, the interest level from colleges other than around the state might not be as abundant.

So, its up to each individual on how and where they want to spend their money. It can be looked at in so many different ways. I guess one of the biggest questions would be how your DD would stand out agaisnt some of the top competition in the country as opposed to competiton here locally in just an everyday tournament.

Help me understand the economics for players on the top teams:
I recall about $5k per year for LHGCL teams with travel before ENCL. I am going to assume that price drops because ECNL replaces some tournament travel from the past. So, I will assume dues and LHGCL will run around $3k per year for most of these girls on a year when you don't buy uniforms. I suspect that is low, so let me know if I am off.
Travel for ECNL is $4,000-5,000/yr?
Sounds like PL is another $1,600-$2,000/yr?
I assume that these girls do not take part in extra training or conditioning (although I think most do).
So...most of these families now pay $8,600-$10,000/yr without extra training or conditioning? Assuming costs don't go up (that is not consistent with my experience) that is $ 34,400 to $ 40,000 over the next four years. That does not include miscellaneous costs, like gas to get to practice, etc.
A person paying that much better expect one heck of a scholarship if the reason they are playing is to get a scholarship. How much scholarship money would you need to make up for that investment?
And I expect a parent who is hoping for a scholarship for their kid would be mighty unhappy if there kid is riding the pine.
On the other hand, if you have the money, like to travel and enjoy the competition, then more power to you.
Not a comment on anyone's financial decisions, just an observation....
sloppy joe
sloppy joe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/04/10, 09:36 am

96Guru wrote:
That might not be too far off. Actually, any team that showcases 3 or 4 times a year whether they are ECNL or not, will spend quite a bit of money. People shouldnt be confused thinking that ECNL is this blown up expense league. It is just a defined league that has the showcase tournaments built into it.
If you look at the tournaments that both National league and ECNL teams played in this year, they are the same tournaments that teams would go to to showcase anyway. All the leagues do is breakdown what teams you would play against.

I thought National League was two events (Final Four and Disney last year), while ECNL required FOUR events (ie twice the cost).

Last edited by Gunners on 13/04/10, 09:39 am; edited 2 times in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 13/04/10, 09:37 am

96Guru wrote:
Not necessarily. I don't think any u15 team would Showcase 4 major events (in that year)....and in our case you can add in Houston. At u16 I can imagine the volume of events would pick-up, but I still don't know that the majority of teams would Showcase 5 major events.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/04/10, 09:43 am

96Guru wrote:

You sure about that? I have to disagree with you on this one.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/04/10, 09:51 am

For the Top 100 players in the country they are not a good deal. They are going to play soccer at a high level no matter what league they are in.

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbdad9596 13/04/10, 09:57 am

aren't the top 100 also the dd's getting the early verbal commitments?
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 10:09 am

Gunners wrote:
96Guru wrote:

I thought National League was two events (Final Four and Disney last year), while ECNL required FOUR events (ie twice the cost).

Agreed but surely the National League teams showcased in other tournaments also this year, right?

I will retract just a bit, as my friend Gunners made me rethink, being part of ECNL does come with an additional cost in the form of a league fee. I dont think, once divided up, it wouldnt impact individual contributions in huge amounts but it would be added.
I dont know for sure but I would assume National League also encompasses a fee.
Teams not involved in ECNL or National could still showcase locally and in drivable tournaments. There are still plenty to go around but even those might be impacted by turnout somewhere down the road.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 10:11 am

socrocks wrote:
96Guru wrote:
Not necessarily. I don't think any u15 team would Showcase 4 major events (in that year)....and in our case you can add in Houston. At u16 I can imagine the volume of events would pick-up, but I still don't know that the majority of teams would Showcase 5 major events.
you are not allowed to disagree with me Socrocks!!
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 10:20 am

#2420 wrote:For the Top 100 players in the country they are not a good deal. They are going to play soccer at a high level no matter what league they are in.
I guess the question is who is deciding the top 100 players???
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/04/10, 10:21 am

96Guru wrote:
Gunners wrote:
96Guru wrote:

Agreed but surely the National League teams showcased in other tournaments also this year, right?

I will retract just a bit, as my friend Gunners made me rethink, being part of ECNL does come with an additional cost in the form of a league fee. I dont think, once divided up, it wouldnt impact individual contributions in huge amounts but it would be added.
I dont know for sure but I would assume National League also encompasses a fee.
Teams not involved in ECNL or National could still showcase locally and in drivable tournaments. There are still plenty to go around but even those might be impacted by turnout somewhere down the road.

The 95s will also be at Regionals and Nationals, but I think (not certain) that's it.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 13/04/10, 10:21 am

The cost is not in the league fee...that's trivial in the big picture. The cost is for taking on 4 major travels...in addition to Houston, PL, State Cup, Regionals, LHGCL play, etc. It's the air, hotel, meals, car rentals that make it pricey. I would think that if there were no ECNL, our normal travel (in the Showcase years) would probably be Houston and 2 other major events. We'd also probably do a couple of local Showcase events.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 13/04/10, 10:28 am

socrocks wrote:The cost is not in the league fee...that's trivial in the big picture. The cost is for taking on 4 major travels...in addition to Houston, PL, State Cup, Regionals, LHGCL play, etc. It's the air, hotel, meals, car rentals that make it pricey. I would think that if there were no ECNL, our normal travel (in the Showcase years) would probably be Houston and 2 other major events. We'd also probably do a couple of local Showcase events.
I give up!!!
I guess Sting, Feet, FC and Solar will be more expensive next year.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next